PHILLY (Loosely Related to The Philadelphia Phillies)

Comments

• Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,757
    So was that one!
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,139
    Yes sir! Solid win tonight 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,712
    Great win last night. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,171
    Realmuto and Segura have been awesome additions.  

Herrera and Kapler still drive me crazy.  Didn't really understand Kapler starting Morgan in the 10th to face Heyward who was hitting like .500 career against him. then after Morgan gets Heyward out taking him out for Nicasio when the 3rd batter of the inning was another lefty in Descalso.   Surprised he didn't leave Morgan in longer.
    I bought these spicy pickles from our farmers market last weekend. In addition to the spice, they are pickled with some Prima Pilsner.
    Holy poop. Best pickles I've ever had. That is all. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
    I love baseball today. Let’s use four or five relievers every game than have to use your two worst relievers in the eighth and ninth against a first place team because guys aren’t available. 
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    Neshak is an asshole. How can you respect this guy as a teammate? Also, not much Kapler can do. This is on the front office.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
    Might not seem like it but I saw the bullpen has the third best era in the league and that's with having a couple guys on the IL. Last night was frustrating but when you play a week's worth of close games, it is eventually going to come back to bite you with guys being unavailable. Although, I'm still confused by the Neshak situation. I don't see how just warming up the night before can make him not feel like he can play the next night.....

WITH THAT SAID.........yes, go and sign Kimbrel before someone else does. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Might not seem like it but I saw the bullpen has the third best era in the league and that's with having a couple guys on the IL. Last night was frustrating but when you play a week's worth of close games, it is eventually going to come back to bite you with guys being unavailable. Although, I'm still confused by the Neshak situation. I don't see how just warming up the night before can make him not feel like he can play the next night.....

WITH THAT SAID.........yes, go and sign Kimbrel before someone else does. 
    But why are 4 guys unavailable in one night?  Neshak hadn't pitched since Sunday.  Neris only pitched 1 inning the night before.  Dominguez had pitched 2 2/3 on an inning over 3 days.   if these guys can't pitch more than one day in a row wtf are they doing in the major leagues?  maybe stop using 5 relievers every game?  but but analytics...

pick a fucking closer and leave him in that role and pitch him every fucking night that you need a closer. stop trying to re-invent the game. i'd be pissed off if i was an everyday player and these fuckers can't pitch more than 1 or 2 innings over 2 days. it's absurd.
    Because they were overworked due to a week's worth of close games? It happens from time to time. No excuse for Neshek though. That doesn't make sense to me.  

I don't know man. I think Neris is the defacto closer at this point.

Hey at least the rest of the division blew a save last night too. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Because they were overworked due to a week's worth of close games? It happens from time to time. No excuse for Neshek though. That doesn't make sense to me.  

I don't know man. I think Neris is the defacto closer at this point.

Hey at least the rest of the division blew a save last night too. 
    i hear ya but 4 guys can't be unavailable in one night.  Watching last night was very frustrating.  
    If those four guys were unavailable but they still had either Tommy Hunter, Dave Robertson, or Victor Arano available instead of being stuck with Nicasio we might be looking at a win. Need those guys to get healthy....

Also would help if our offense would score more than 3 runs. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
    If those four guys were unavailable but they still had either Tommy Hunter, Dave Robertson, or Victor Arano available instead of being stuck with Nicasio we might be looking at a win. Need those guys to get healthy....

Also would help if our offense would score more than 3 runs. 
    agree on offense. it's kind of strange but the offense has rarely had everyone hitting at the same time other than the 1st week of the season. it's like 1 or 2 guys at a time.
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,703
    tough loss last night.
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
    Well Nola and Lester today. Let’s get a split
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Sean Rodriguez is a fucking idiot.

Frustratingly big win yesterday!
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Sean Rodriguez is a fucking idiot.

Frustratingly big win yesterday!
    the good news is it only took 5 relievers to pull this one out.  with the best starting pitcher on the mound.  i guess lots of unavailability again this weekend from the bullpen.
    Yeah that was crazy with that big a lead. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    Lol sean Rodriguez is still a baseball player 
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,757
    We're not even through 4 innings and we're into the bullpen after all the nonsense this week. Should bode well. Lots of boding. Lots of it well. 
    And Neshak to the injured list...

Nice seeing Vince our of the pen finally though...
    chinese-happy.jpg
    why did eickoff leave after like 3 innings yesterday? did he get hurt also?
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    This team is ROLLING
    chinese-happy.jpg
    So here we are on May the 10th. Phils sitting at 21-16 with a healthy 4 game lead (6.5 over Nats).

Got 17 games in 17 days coming up including two series with the Brew Crew. How many wins are you guys seeing?

I think I'll be happy with them going 9-8. 
    4-4 thus far 
    what is their record now? They have to have at least 10 by now (I lost track)
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    edited May 2019
    best name in philly right now, J.D. Hammer
    Image result for jd hammer

He looks like a combination of Ricky "Wild Thing" Vaughn, Vance Worley and Bubbles from the Trailer Park Boys.
    Post edited by eeriepadave on
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    So here we are on May the 10th. Phils sitting at 21-16 with a healthy 4 game lead (6.5 over Nats).

Got 17 games in 17 days coming up including two series with the Brew Crew. How many wins are you guys seeing?

I think I'll be happy with them going 9-8. 
    4-4 thus far 
    what is their record now? They have to have at least 10 by now (I lost track)
    10 and fucking 6 so far! 
    chinese-happy.jpg

This is so good

CHICAGO — Tears start to fill Bobby Dickerson’s eyes.

The Phillies’ infield coach is standing in the hallway of the visitors’ clubhouse at Wrigley Field as he pulls out of his phone to relive the moment. Even rewatching the video and reminiscing causes him to choke up.

“Honestly, it was my best baseball moment in my career,” Dickerson said. “A lot of great memories, but there’s nothing even close to your son doing well.”

Dickerson’s son, Dustin, starred as a pitcher and shortstop this season at West Jones High School in Mississippi, helping his team reach the Class 5A state championship game. Dickerson had planned to find somewhere to watch a livestream of the championship after the Phillies’ day game on May 16. Unbeknownst to him, the other Phillies coaches had a better idea.

Dickerson was already scheduled to go home over that weekend for Dustin’s graduation, but the coaches decided he needed to head back early to see Dustin play. Bench coach Rob Thomson approached manager Gabe Kapler before the state title game and looped him in.

“I’m like, of course, this is a no-brainer,” Kapler said. “Thoms executed it perfectly, the coaching staff executed it perfectly. For me, philosophically, I think that stuff should happen all the time. … Whenever there’s a family event, there’s no one person here that isn’t replaceable for one day or two days or three days. We can cover for you and we act like a team in the coaches’ room.”

Kapler approached Dickerson and told him he needed to take the day off and go home to watch his son’s game. Dickerson didn’t tell anyone outside of his brother and college roommate that he was going to the game. Not even his wife knew. Dickerson didn’t want his son to know he’d be there.

“They’d been playing so well, I didn’t want anything bad to happen, I didn’t want to jinx it,” Dickerson said.

A friend who works with the Braves helped Dickerson get a suite at Atlanta’s minor-league ballpark where the game was being played. He entered through a backdoor. Nobody saw him. When the game reached the seventh inning with his son’s team leading 7-2, Dickerson walked out and waited at the edge of the field. After celebrating on the field with his teammates, a stunned Dustin spotted his dad near third base.

Dickerson greets his son, Dustin, after surprising him following the state championship victory. (Courtesy of Bobby Dickerson)

Dickerson has spent 32 years in professional baseball, and it has required sacrifices. His baseball seasons always overlapped with his son’s, which meant limited opportunities to see Dustin play in person. Dickerson previously watched a few early-season scrimmages but never had seen Dustin in an actual game. To make the night even sweeter, Dickerson watched as Dustin, Mississippi’s 5A player of the year and a Southern Miss commit, delivered a go-ahead 2-run double en route to the school’s first baseball state title.

What better time to see his son play in person than with a state championship on the line?

“It was unbelievable,” Dickerson said. “Best moment ever.”

Over the course of West Jones’ playoff run, Kapler, Bryce Harper, Rhys Hoskins and other players recorded video messages with words of encouragement that Dickerson sent to his son for the team. The entire experience left an indelible impression on Dickerson.

“You talk about the Phillies family and you hear about it, but I lived it,” Dickerson said. “Family’s first here, 100 percent. I saw it in action. People said this is where you need to be and made it happen.”

chinese-happy.jpg
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    Yeah I read that yesterday and thought it was awesome
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
    Herrera you dumbass!
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    He sucks and is an idiot
    The love he receives is the love that is saved