Options

PHILLY (Loosely Related to The Philadelphia Phillies)

Comments

• Options
    Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,779
    Hey, Idiot pitched like an ace today.
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,878
    Hey, Idiot pitched like an ace today.
    Of course I benched him on my fantasy team :lol:

bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Philly Posts: 10,430
    edited July 2021
    Post edited by Johnny Abruzzo on
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13;
    WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16;
    Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; SeaHearNow Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Options
    Personally, I think if you're outside you're fine for the most part, even though this thing is much more contagious. And if there's an ass long line that snakes back and forth then F that S. Good luck with the roller coasters and bungee rides! Don't take a sea gull to the face, or kick any custodians in the head! Our speed will be more carousels, log flume maybe, and the games that require hitting a hammer to launch frogs onto lillypads, so on and so forth. Maybe get nuts and do the tennis ball cannon jawns with the submarines (I'm assuming this is still there).

I don't think it's till you're about 17 or 18 years old that you grow a hatred for the boardwalk. I'm looking forward to that day. Until then it's overpriced prizes and Mack's pizza. Is Polish Water Ice still a thing?
  • Options
    Personally, I think if you're outside you're fine for the most part, even though this thing is much more contagious. And if there's an ass long line that snakes back and forth then F that S. Good luck with the roller coasters and bungee rides! Don't take a sea gull to the face, or kick any custodians in the head! Our speed will be more carousels, log flume maybe, and the games that require hitting a hammer to launch frogs onto lillypads, so on and so forth. Maybe get nuts and do the tennis ball cannon jawns with the submarines (I'm assuming this is still there).

I don't think it's till you're about 17 or 18 years old that you grow a hatred for the boardwalk. I'm looking forward to that day. Until then it's overpriced prizes and Mack's pizza. Is Polish Water Ice still a thing?
    Yup - those kiddie rides and all we've done so much of that. As long as the kids have fun and get tired out then you get your drinking time later.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13;
    WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16;
    Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; SeaHearNow Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,279
    Nice win. Tom McCarthy blows. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    I emailed our HR rep and told her the company should impose a vaccine mandate nationwide. They are mandating we return to the office and I know that we will be exposed to unvaccinated people there - so what we are supposed to just breathe in their delta variant and go back home to our under-12 vaccine ineligible kids?

• Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,279
    edited July 2021
    I emailed our HR rep and told her the company should impose a vaccine mandate nationwide. They are mandating we return to the office and I know that we will be exposed to unvaccinated people there - so what we are supposed to just breathe in their delta variant and go back home to our under-12 vaccine ineligible kids?
    My company is requiring some employees to come in twice a week. I'm not one of them but I did go in today for the first time in a year and a half. Really strange day. Anyway--our VP told me, or made it seem, as if they might be going back to full time working from home if this thing continues to get worse.

I absolutely love working from home anyway, so I'll be fine with that. But still...these unvaccinated dopes are literally ruining this country and they're too dumb/stubborn to realize it. We are in bad shape. 

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    I've been back in the office since the end of June on a 3 days in/2 days WFH schedule. It seems like the consensus of people at my job weren't going back until the mask mandate was lifted - which is what ended up happening. Now I wonder what'll happen next because it really doesn't make any fucking sense. I think the Fed needs to incentivize companies to be hard asses about requiring vax's and masks if these dipshits want to do this - e.g. send bonus money or tax breaks to companies that require vax's/mask mandates, and anyone in the company that doesn't do it needs to be incessantly tested and put in the basement.

Our CEO tried to puff out his chest that we were moving forward, things were better, blah blah blah, and tried to direct that ultimately we'll be a 4-1 (office/WFH) company. Little did he know how the market would respond and now he's been walking it back because he has no choice. It is now part of the competitive packages to hire employees. So now it's basically up to the managers.

It's not like our place is hemorrhaging employees, but we have a shit ton of openings and they doubled our referral bonuses. So if you know anyone looking for a job send their resume my way! 
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,625
    I've been back in the office since the end of June on a 3 days in/2 days WFH schedule. It seems like the consensus of people at my job weren't going back until the mask mandate was lifted - which is what ended up happening. Now I wonder what'll happen next because it really doesn't make any fucking sense. I think the Fed needs to incentivize companies to be hard asses about requiring vax's and masks if these dipshits want to do this - e.g. send bonus money or tax breaks to companies that require vax's/mask mandates, and anyone in the company that doesn't do it needs to be incessantly tested and put in the basement.

Our CEO tried to puff out his chest that we were moving forward, things were better, blah blah blah, and tried to direct that ultimately we'll be a 4-1 (office/WFH) company. Little did he know how the market would respond and now he's been walking it back because he has no choice. It is now part of the competitive packages to hire employees. So now it's basically up to the managers.

It's not like our place is hemorrhaging employees, but we have a shit ton of openings and they doubled our referral bonuses. So if you know anyone looking for a job send their resume my way! 

What type of work?

We remain full virtual, and will.  I am remote so it doesn't matter to me but an an Exec I will continue to vote for full remote.  In our business people do not need to be in the office.  We leased out our warehouse space so really aren't losing much by doing so and keeping our offices pretty much empty.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    edited July 2021

What type of work?

We remain full virtual, and will.  I am remote so it doesn't matter to me but an an Exec I will continue to vote for full remote.  In our business people do not need to be in the office.  We leased out our warehouse space so really aren't losing much by doing so and keeping our offices pretty much empty.
    Chubb Insurance. I'm in finance, so that would be my wheelhouse. But it's a big company that needs underwriters, claims, HR, legal, marketing, IT etc etc.
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,625

What type of work?

Chubb Insurance. I'm in finance, so that would be my wheelhouse. But it's a big company that needs underwriters, claims, HR, legal, marketing, IT etc etc.

Interesting -- will let you know if I learn of anyone who is looking!
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    Yeah we are looking too but I'm not mentioning my company's name on this public website.

I did learn the company actually is discussing a vaccine mandate or something. I'm sure they would do it after tons of other companies did - they would not be an innovator.
    Post edited by Johnny Abruzzo on

• Options
    Back in office and I got lunch from Bao-logy and got the hot sauce. Damn I am not acclimated to genuine hot food anymore. OUCH

• Options
    So we have an idea of one of many many companies you may work at, ah ha!

Anyway, yeah, with everything going on I honestly don't give a shit if my work told me to hit the bricks tomorrow. It would surely suck in the short-term, but I'm kinda over all of it. Trying to find a pivot out of corporate work the sooner the better.
  • Options
    I went looking for our company's jobs on indeed and literally could not find them. My boss is like "search for this search for that" - nothing. Such incompetence.

• Options
    Somehow the COVID outbreak that caused last night's Phillies game to be postponed was due to the other team.

• Options
    Somehow the COVID outbreak that caused last night's Phillies game to be postponed was due to the other team.

:rofl:  
  • Options

I'm here all week. Tip your waitresses.

• Options
    edited July 2021

I'm here all week. Tip your waitresses.

Try the veal.

I had it last night.  It was good.  ohhhhh.

(I loved Dice.  He was such a tool, but he was great for a time.)
  • Options
    Vinny in game 2. That certainly stinks, but if they don't win both games I'm gonna be disappointed.
  • Options
    So they couldn't play at 7:00 last night, but now they are ready for 2 7-inning games at noon? Sometimes I think they just want to play fewer innings.

I may defer Phila. Distance Run. What's everyone's plans for that Asbury Park show?

• Options
    edited July 2021
    So they couldn't play at 7:00 last night, but now they are ready for 2 7-inning games at noon? Sometimes I think they just want to play fewer innings.

I may defer Phila. Distance Run. What's everyone's plans for that Asbury Park show?

When is the Distance Run scheduled?

I deferred Broad Street Run but that had nothing to do with Pandemic and everything to do with my needing to run 26 miles on my training schedule that day and not wanting to run 16 here and then 10 in Philly same day.

Scheduled for Schyckdhfewnflafaillugel 50k Ultra, Run The Bridge and Philly Marathon here.  Another race up in VT in Sept.

Hope this shit holds on.  
    (Obviously these hopes are secondary to human lives but they are things I have been looking forward to and would be my first "events" since lockdown.  Haven't been to restaurant, games, concerts, etc...)
  • Options
    PDR is Sept 19 - morning after that festival. I am deferring because I am (let's do a band reference) Light Years away from running 13 miles.

• Options
    Asbury Park show I got a house in Belmar from Friday-Monday. Looking forward to biking to the venue.

Our plan is to hang out in the back, or where ever there's a reasonable amount of space. I get the feeling that they're going to require vaccination for entry, but not sure how they're going to do that since tickets were originally pre-pandemic. I've never been a fan of trying to get as close as possible. As long as I can adequately hear the music, be able to get to beers and the pisser, and somewhat see the band and I'm fine.

I think my wife and I will be fine - at worst we'll wear masks. But we're vaxed so I'm not entirely concerned about it, and we'll get tested when we come home.
  • Options
    PDR is Sept 19 - morning after that festival. I am deferring because I am (let's do a band reference) Light Years away from running 13 miles.

I get it - takes consistent miles to build it up.  You may think it'll be Alright but when you are fading, laying Cropduster(s) as people pass you by, and wishing you would be hit by a Lightning Bolt, you would regret saying Go without putting in the work. 
  • Options
    edited July 2021

I get it - takes consistent miles to build it up.  You may think it'll be Alright but when you are fading, laying Cropduster(s) as people pass you by, and wishing you would be hit by a Lightning Bolt, you would regret saying Go without putting in the work. 
    Halfway into that run my body would be full of Grievance. I Can't Keep up. Running these torturously slow miles feels like Life Wasted. It sure won't make me Smile.

I think we're gonna get kicked out of this thread. Sad

• Options

Halfway into that run my body would be full of Grievance. I Can't Keep up. Running these torturously slow miles feels like Life Wasted. It sure won't make me Smile.

Hahaha.  That is funny. 
    I am raising money for one of the runs and my idiot friend (well, one of them) tells me that he is donating and will double it if I shit my pants during the run.
    This is for a 5k, so there is zero chance of that but I did laugh my ass off at it.

Pearl Jam needs a song called Shit Your Pants
  • Options
    edited July 2021

Hahaha.  That is funny. 
    I am raising money for one of the runs and my idiot friend (well, one of them) tells me that he is donating and will double it if I shit my pants during the run.
    This is for a 5k, so there is zero chance of that but I did laugh my ass off at it.

Pearl Jam needs a song called Shit Your Pants
    Well they have one called I Got Shit so...

It's honestly shocking that one time in my life I ran a 5K under 22 minutes.

• Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,601
    My college fitness test for soccer was 2 miles in 12 minutes. That shit is hard. I did it once and failed 3 times which sent you to "fat man camp" which was running at 6AM before 2 a days. Now I weigh 40 pounds more.

GLORY DAYS