Canadian Politics Redux

Comments

• Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739

Give Peas A Chance…
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,821
    @PJ_Soul, maybe just change the thread title to Canadian Tweets and we’ll be done with it. 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    @PJ_Soul, maybe just change the thread title to Canadian Tweets and we’ll be done with it. 
    LOL
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• DarthMaeglinDarthMaeglin Toronto Posts: 2,413
    edited March 2019
    Hoping we can all get a bit of a chuckle out of this, sunny ways gone cloudy, lol.

https://globalnews.ca/news/5031451/trudeau-apology-inuit-iqaluit-storm/

Edit to add the broad strokes of the story, Trudeau was due to fly to Iqaluit today, but his flight has been grounded in Goose Bay N.L. due to bad weather.
    Post edited by DarthMaeglin on
    "The world is full of idiots and I am but one of them."

10-30-1991 Toronto, Toronto 1 & 2 2016, Toronto 2022
    Hoping we can all get a bit of a chuckle out of this, sunny ways gone cloudy, lol.

https://globalnews.ca/news/5031451/trudeau-apology-inuit-iqaluit-storm/

Edit to add the broad strokes of the story, Trudeau was due to fly to Iqaluit today, but his flight has been grounded in Goose Bay N.L. due to bad weather.
    I read that...lol
    Give Peas A Chance…
    Give Peas A Chance…

Sheila cops has got full blown loon.  Seriously.
    Give Peas A Chance…

Give Peas A Chance…
    I'm starting to wonder if Trudeau thinks "in camera" means in front of the cameras.  Disgusting tactics by the Liberals on the Justice Committee today (watched a good chunk of it live until it was shut down abruptly).

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/justice-committee-wilson-raybould-trudeau-1.5052976

I'm starting to wonder if Trudeau thinks "in camera" means in front of the cameras.  Disgusting tactics by the Liberals on the Justice Committee today (watched a good chunk of it live until it was shut down abruptly).

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/justice-committee-wilson-raybould-trudeau-1.5052976
    I did not watch today, I figured it'd be a circus. If the liberals have nothing to hide, call a public inquiry...even the Ontario Liberals held a public enquiry into the gas plant scandal and both McGuinty and Wynn testified, I never thought I'd see a leader with less integrity than those 2, all it took was Trudeau. The election in the fall or earlier. I said earlier, he wants to avoid the Norman trial...that will make the Duffy trial look like a jaywalking trial.
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • dignindignin Posts: 9,303

I did not watch today, I figured it'd be a circus. If the liberals have nothing to hide, call a public inquiry...even the Ontario Liberals held a public enquiry into the gas plant scandal and both McGuinty and Wynn testified, I never thought I'd see a leader with less integrity than those 2, all it took was Trudeau. The election in the fall or earlier. I said earlier, he wants to avoid the Norman trial...that will make the Duffy trial look like a jaywalking trial.
    To put this in perspective, your premier used to be a drug dealer. If you voted for him you probably shouldn't really be the judge of anyone's integrity.
    dignin said:

To put this in perspective, your premier used to be a drug dealer. If you voted for him you probably shouldn't really be the judge of anyone's integrity.
    I'm not sure anyone here actually lives in Ford's riding, lol.  I happily own my vote for the Conservatives in the last Ontario election, but how one votes in one election shouldn't ever preclude criticism of our various governments.

And just to clarify my own take on Trudeau, I didn't vote for him, but when he got elected I honestly hoped he'd prove me wrong in my low estimation of him.  Unfortunately, the only thing his government's done that I agree with they've managed to turn into a bit of a debacle (legalizing pot), and Trudeau has shown to me that he "just wasn't ready".

dignin said:

I'm not sure anyone here actually lives in Ford's riding, lol.  I happily own my vote for the Conservatives in the last Ontario election, but how one votes in one election shouldn't ever preclude criticism of our various governments.

And just to clarify my own take on Trudeau, I didn't vote for him, but when he got elected I honestly hoped he'd prove me wrong in my low estimation of him.  Unfortunately, the only thing his government's done that I agree with they've managed to turn into a bit of a debacle (legalizing pot), and Trudeau has shown to me that he "just wasn't ready".
    If you voted conservative, you most definitely voted for a former drug dealer to be your premier.

Just stating the facts.
    dignin said:
    dignin said:

If you voted conservative, you most definitely voted for a former drug dealer to be your premier.

Just stating the facts.
    No offense, but is it a fact, or just enough anecdotes to seem plausible?  I voted for the party and local candidate, not the leader.  And at the end of the day I live in one of the few ridings that stayed Liberal, lol.

dignin said:
    dignin said:

Just stating the facts.
    No offense, but is it a fact, or just enough anecdotes to seem plausible?  I voted for the party and local candidate, not the leader.  And at the end of the day I live in one of the few ridings that stayed Liberal, lol.
    No offense taken.

Well as far as I know he was never convicted of being a drug dealer but there were plenty of his friends from back in the day that said he was. It was apparently well known at that time.

This all came out when his brother was having his crack problem. There were reputable news agencies reporting on it at that time, and it all sounded pretty convincing. 

Globe investigation: The Ford family’s history with drug dealing

dignin said:
    dignin said:
    dignin said:

Just stating the facts.
    No offense taken.

Well as far as I know he was never convicted of being a drug dealer but there were plenty of his friends from back in the day that said he was. It was apparently well known at that time.

This all came out when his brother was having his crack problem. There were reputable news agencies reporting on it at that time, and it all sounded pretty convincing. 

Globe investigation: The Ford family’s history with drug dealing

Lol, I just finished reading that article (wanted to read it before posting it).  Quite a rambling piece that does suggest he may have been involved, I'll admit, though I get nervous assigning guilt solely on anonymous sources (ironically, one of them given the name "Justin", lol).  Had I been born a few years earlier I might have bought some hash that (might have) passed through Doug's hands.  One can even choose to read between the lines and infer that Doug actually has the best judgment of his generation in that family, since he was (supposedly) very cautious in his dealings, has apparently kept his nose clean since he turned 22 (he's now 54, and who didn't do foolish, even illegal things in their youth?  I justified my pot/hash use as civil disobedience back in the day, now I just acknowledge I'm a pothead, lol), and he was driven to make the family business succeed (something the article says Rob's heart wasn't into).

So, I'll concede the point that he likely was a dealer of hashish, however that's miles away from being a heroin dealer, say.

Direct link:

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/toronto/globe-investigation-the-ford-familys-history-with-drug-dealing/article12153014/

One thing that amused me about the article cited above, the hash dealers and users were all given anonymity for the piece, but the white supremacist who insisted on the same to talk wasn't respected in that regard.  Not that I think white supremacists should be allowed to hide in the shadows, I just found it a bit funny, and goes to the overall tone and credibility of the article.

Doug Ford is living rent-free in some peoples head the same as Harper...LOL. Cannabis is now legal.  So I guess Doug Ford was ahead of his time since other folks are now wanting Cocaine and other drugs legal.  LOL. Pointing out Doug Fords past does not bother me in the least...let me know when he Ford PC's are interfering in the prosecution of a crooked company.  I'd think some people would want to worry about the possibility of Jason Kenney only having to answer questions only to other PC members after the NDP get completely wiped out Alberta.

We'll be fine in Ontario.  We always bounce back.  And considering most of the job gains that were created in February were created in Ontario...how many jobs did Alberta create led by the fraud Notley.  At least MP's from the Ford government doesn't call the voters sewer rats...
    Give Peas A Chance…
    https://nationalpost.com/news/canada/midway-through-florida-vacation-trudeau-jets-back-to-ottawa-for-day-of-private-meetings

Best part of the article:  "However, Trudeau’s cross-continental vacation shuttling comes just as his government is amping up promotion of their climate change agenda. On Wednesday morning, only hours after his 9:21 p.m. return to Florida, Trudeau posted a note to Twitter promising that his government would make “big polluters pay"."

I do not worry a whole lot about Ford.  People turn their attention to Ford when they know there is no defending Trudeau...

Of course, Trudeau is a hypocrite when it comes to climate change.  It's the do as I say, not as I do. mentality.

Give Peas A Chance…
    I do not worry a whole lot about Ford.  People turn their attention to Ford when they know there is no defending Trudeau...

Of course, Trudeau is a hypocrite when it comes to climate change.  It's the do as I say, not as I do. mentality.

I agree I don't worry about Ford and his government, but he (as with any politician) needs to be kept under scrutiny.  Just like Trudeau, Ford's bungled the pot file as well, in my opinion.

I agree I don't worry about Ford and his government, but he (as with any politician) needs to be kept under scrutiny.  Just like Trudeau, Ford's bungled the pot file as well, in my opinion.
    I agree all politicians need to be scrutinized, including Ford.  And he will be scrutinized, he will not get any free passes.  The Cannabis legalization was a clusterfuck from day 1, that's why I would never give up my Cannabis script...it's cheaper through medicinal suppliers and delivered to my door, free shipping as well.
    Give Peas A Chance…
    They couldn't locate McCallum, so they hired Baghdad Bob to help....

Give Peas A Chance…
    Do the Cabinet Shuffle (again)!  Unnamed sources confirming to CBC Trudeau will do his third cabinet shuffle in 3 months this Monday.  That coupled with Tuesday’s budget should keep everyone distracted from whatever shenanigans the Justice Committee gets up to Tuesday.

Wish I could add an lol at the end, but I’m fully beyond that with this bunch (though I’ll continue to try to find what humour I can).

What a sleazeball

Kenney, Callaway campaigns collaborated to attack Brian Jean during UCP leadership race, leaked documents show

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmonton/kenney-callaway-campaigns-collaborated-against-brian-jean-1.5059899

Good luck.  But the NDP is done in Alberta I would say...
    Give Peas A Chance…
    Give Peas A Chance…