Options

Canadian Politics Redux

Comments

• Options
    Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    erebus said:
    Some people think 10% is huge

Some people think their hands aren’t small…
    More people are getting off their ass in support of these protestors…and it’s fucking cold.  Plus the 4 main convoys have yet to arrive.  Maybe watch something other than the liberal bought media…

and why did Ottawa police ask for reinforcements from Toromto?

I know some of you will disappointed if this remained mostly peaceful. Protesting in a democracy is their right…causing violence, burning down churches, tearing down statues trying to destroy downtown Toronto during the g20 is never ok…

would you like more examples of left wing vandalism…

you are also free to live off the land and not buy anything a trucker brings you…

Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    erebuserebus Posts: 556
    No problem with the protest, well within everyone’s right

I don’t hope for violence at all, that would take away from the protesters message 

again, it is a vocal minority. Again well within their rights 

I thank the vaccinated peoples in all jobs for doing their part 
    1996: Toronto
    2003: St. Paul
    2005: Thunder Bay
    2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa
    2009: Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010: Boston
    2011: Toronto I, Toronto II, Winnipeg
    2012: Missoula
    2013: London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014: St. Paul, Milwaukee
    2016: Quebec City, Ottawa, Toronto I, Toronto II
    2022: Hamilton, Toronto 
    2023: St. Paul I, St. Paul II
    2024: Vancouver I, Vancouver II
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,894
    are we really heading down the road where the public has to thank every single fucking profession that is just completing their job as tasked? I mean, I thank people that have to deal with daily trauma and dangers protecting the public in their jobs. I don't see driving truck as ticking either of those boxes. 

I'm an accountant. I balance the books so the companies know how much food they can put in the trucks. should I get a bumper sticker that says "thank an accountant" and lead a convoy? no. this is stupid. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
  • Options
    erebus said:
    No problem with the protest, well within everyone’s right

I don’t hope for violence at all, that would take away from the protesters message 

again, it is a vocal minority. Again well within their rights 

I thank the vaccinated peoples in all jobs for doing their part 

The Ontario and BC health boards represents 1/2 the pop of Canada…continue with the small minority theme. The left don’t get to dictate how the rest of us live our lives…and I’m not politically lined to any cult. But to continue to even think this about just right is false…I’ve presented evidence that the left is also opposed to mandates. Does your vaccine work or not? I’m confident that mine does, plus I’ve taken other steps like improved health, more exercise, less alcohol … all thing to help my immune system…I’m not afraid to walk among the unvaxxed because I trust my vaccine…yet so many science thumping lefties don’t…why is that? And that lack of trust fuels the unvaxxed to stay unvaxxed.
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
  • Options
    erebuserebus Posts: 556
    I guess 83.38% with their first dose is a minority these days…

get vaccinated or don’t get vaccinated, that is your personal choice, I agree no one is going to be forced to

unfortunately there are consequences.
    I don’t care for a vocal minority dictating to everyone, left or right in your terms

1996: Toronto
    2003: St. Paul
    2005: Thunder Bay
    2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa
    2009: Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010: Boston
    2011: Toronto I, Toronto II, Winnipeg
    2012: Missoula
    2013: London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014: St. Paul, Milwaukee
    2016: Quebec City, Ottawa, Toronto I, Toronto II
    2022: Hamilton, Toronto 
    2023: St. Paul I, St. Paul II
    2024: Vancouver I, Vancouver II
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
    This guy was dragged out of hiding to preach to me about health… In 2 years this Lazy fuck just got fatter…
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    Is this one of those racist our divisive PM was describing? Asking for a trucker…
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    BF89905BF89905 Posts: 1,348
    Not cool, my friend.
    Many in the GTA media calling this a truckers' protest is a farce.

For the most part these are anti-vaxxers who throw around the tired line, 'my body, my decision.' How about putting the greater good in front of your own selfish decisions?

No one is saying you need to do anything with or to your body. Just like needing a license to drive, it's a decision. 

Disappointingly, the police response to this farce would likely have been much different if this was a protest of, by, and for First Nations People, and/ or People of Colour. It's shameful.

Look at how the police and RCMP are 'surveying' the protests of the pipeline through the Wet'suwet'en lands - it's a lot more aggressive.

Yet, white anti-vaxxers and ultra conservative politicians in this country throw around divisive language regularly here, and are snapping photo ops with these protestors that literally have swastikas on the Canadian flag.

I fear covidiots are becoming more boisterous and unhinged.

The political state of affairs here in Ontario and Canada ain't that far off from America, and that's dreadful.  

Let's hope things improve for the greater good - for all us. 

Be healthy and kind everyone.  

• Options
    BF89905 said:
    Not cool, my friend.

For the most part these are anti-vaxxers who throw around the tired line, 'my body, my decision.' How about putting the greater good in front of your own selfish decisions?

No one is saying you need to do anything with or to your body. Just like needing a license to drive, it's a decision. 

Disappointingly, the police response to this farce would likely have been much different if this was a protest of, by, and for First Nations People, and/ or People of Colour. It's shameful.

Look at how the police and RCMP are 'surveying' the protests of the pipeline through the Wet'suwet'en lands - it's a lot more aggressive.

Yet, white anti-vaxxers and ultra conservative politicians in this country throw around divisive language regularly here, and are snapping photo ops with these protestors that literally have swastikas on the Canadian flag.

The political state of affairs here in Ontario and Canada ain't that far off from America, and that's dreadful.  

Your using hard left Toronto as your example…lmfao
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    BF89905 said:
    Not cool, my friend.

There are plenty of indigenous and other minorities.  Grow up.  Do you even know what a democracy is…I guess they should torch some churches…
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    AW124797AW124797 Posts: 646
    BF89905 said:
    Not cool, my friend.

Right. "My body, my choice" is exclusive for pro-choice abortion activists. Catchy, too.
  • Options
    BF89905 said:
    Not cool, my friend.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-h-YIj4jRw Did this horrify you? Or do you only get horrified when working people protest generally peacefully…nothing is perfect there are some incidents of course…but all the churches are still standing.
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    BF89905 said:
    Not cool, my friend.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/sX0BbLc_PIk" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Maybe the Ottawa police learned something from those g20 protest … has that ever occurred to you?

Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    People aren’t mandated to drive…kind of a dumb argument.
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    AW124797 said:
    BF89905 said:
    Not cool, my friend.

Right. "My body, my choice" is exclusive for pro-choice abortion activists. Catchy, too.
    Because abortions are contagious. You must be male. Must be nice to have a choice. And privilege?
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    Stay classy

Terry Fox statue used in ‘stunt’ in Ottawa, sparking condemnation

A photo circulated online of the statue with a sign saying ‘Mandate Freedom’ stuck to it, and holding an upside-down Canadian flag.

https://www.thestar.com/politics/federal/2022/01/29/terry-fox-statue-defaced-in-ottawa-sparking-condemnation.html

• Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    BF89905 said:
    Not cool, my friend.

Bingo.

The whole thing is an embarrassment.

They have now blocked the border just south of where I live. Doesn't that kind of defeat the whole purpose?
  • Options
    hey look one shows up 2 shows … lol.  So predictable….your more loyal than my dog.
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    @HughFreakingDillon they are discussing some of that bs I’ve been discussing in this thread..Now the next time before you spout your rhetoric try backing up you what have to say..Otherwise you are free to grow up and put me on ignore…that’s what shat that feature is for.. Not everyone is a Trudeau cultist…
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    Found Trudeau…he’s incognito or this his usual day wear…

Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    BF89905BF89905 Posts: 1,348
    Sorry, Meltdown99, I now see that you linked a PPC twitter account above. Why reference 'torch some churches'? I don't think you know what 'hard left" means.

I'm not a Liberal or Trudeau supporter. I'm simply looking to put my vote behind a person/party that I think will do what's best for the vast majority of people in Ontario, and Canada. Canada needs leaders that will follow through on righting the centuries of harm caused to First Nations People, women, people of colour, LGBTQ2S+, and people who identify as a follower of a faith that is not Christian/Catholic. While we're in the midst of a pandemic, following the advice of epidemiologists should trump the whims of big business.

I am certain that my vote is not going to the Conservatives here in Ontario, and definitely not the PPC party that is borderline fascist, anti-science, and blatantly not in support of tangible reconciliation with First Nations People and the LGBTQ2S+ community. Heck, Hillier (independent) publically refered the Federal minister of transport, Omar Alghabra, as a terrorist on social media because he is a Muslim. We need to demand better of all our elected officials.

The actions of many police during the G20 protests in Toronto was unacceptable and an abuse of power. I support people's right to a peaceful protest. There was a significant number of people yesterday in Ottawa that were not peaceful - they were selfish idiots - and espousing blatantly racist ideology. The PPC and Conservative supporters of the protest did nothing to distance themselves from that blantant garbage. The fact that Bernier, Hillier, and other less prominent Conservatives and PPC members quietly supported that nonsense tells us that it was pure rubbish.

I'm not a supporter of big police budgets. That doesn't mean I think all police are bad people. It does mean that I think more public money should be pushed towards the healthcare, education, and community support sectors of society. 

I hope you and your family stay safe and open minded. Take care.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mbJdspB6fsY

• Options
    NamiNami Newfoundland Posts: 5,990
    dignin said:
    Russell Brand now? The guy who thinks he's some kind of prophet?

I'm not going to watch that BS.

Fuck, we're doomed.
    Right on bud, gotcha
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,894
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com