Options

Canadian Politics Redux

Comments

• Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,304
    Pictures of Nazi, confederate and Trump flags at the rallies too.

Putting an upside down flag on the Terry Fox statue was also gross.

This was after they were doing everything they could to hide the protests ugly underbelly.

They still have the border blocked just south of where I live. Which makes sense how?

I'm looking forward to this dumb rally fading away. Similar to the hospital protests. A lot of these people have no decency.

By the way, that was a nice thoughtful post you made in the Rogan thread. You have way more patience than me.
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,094
    edited January 2022
    dignin said:

This was after they were doing everything they could to hide the protests ugly underbelly.

They still have the border blocked just south of where I live. Which makes sense how?

I'm looking forward to this dumb rally fading away. Similar to the hospital protests. A lot of these people have no decency.

By the way, that was a nice thoughtful post you made in the Rogan thread. You have way more patience than me.
    thanks. i've been guilty of not being thoughtful. guess I'm in a zen mood today. who knows. lol
    Post edited by HughFreakingDillon on
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    NamiNami Newfoundland Posts: 5,992
    edited January 2022
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EdhFuMDLBDM&t=2s

Long but a good watch.  Editing cause I just want to make note, I know right away which points of this video most of you will bring up... towards the end.  If you touch on those points, i know you have lost the underling message.
    c
    Post edited by Nami on
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • Options
    dignin said:

thanks. i've been guilty of not being thoughtful. guess I'm in a zen mood today. who knows. lol
    My thoughtfulness is all tapped out these days.
  • Options
    Before discrediting the trucker movement i'd like to see all the information.  The actions of a few should not ruin it for the rest.  You always get various groups from all backgrounds in these gatherings
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • Options
    dignin said:
    dignin said:

My thoughtfulness is all tapped out these days.
    You don't say, I couldn't resist
  • Options
    Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    edited January 2022
    Yes there has been issues…when you get that many gathering, there will be actors.

The good news Andy Lee a Calgary based reporter cleaned up the Terry Fox Statue which had been inappropriately used by other protest…but Andy took on the responsibility with some new friends got it cleaned.

The organizers have taken responsibility for the war memorial and now have security stationed there.

We all can all bitch about the food bank or we can all donate to the food bank…which is always a good thing anyways.

According to the organizers they are in it for the long haul…they are well financed…close to 10 million raised, I believe…the trucks come and go, most of the truckers that show up are independent owner operators and have bills to pay…

The Ottawa police are happy so far…

reports that business that remained open did a brisk business…

A couple malls closed…

all in all it’s been relatively calm…

and as long as Trudeau continues to insult good people that he don’t know by calling them racist and misogynist (he needs to look in the mirror), then he deserved all the blackface insults he receives.  Trudeau is not a leader, he’s a divisive prick who plays perfectly to his base…but his base is shrinking…
    Post edited by Meltdown99 on
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    And if these truckers upset you so…

we’re you upset when churches were torched, rail blockade, Caledon blockade, Ipperwash blockade, the destruction at the g20 in Toronto and many many other protest?
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    Ottawa mayor would like protesters to move on, but organizers say they're not going anywhere

Mayor Jim Watson said the protests have bled into residential areas, disrupting life for the city.

"Quite frankly, [residents] feel they're prisoners in their own home. And so my hope is that at some point, the police reach the conclusion that it's time to have a serious discussion about moving these people on. They can't keep blocking routes that are emergency routes, that are bus routes, that allow people to get in and out of the downtown core," he told CBC chief political correspondent Rosemary Barton on Rosemary Barton Live on Sunday

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/truck-convoy-protests-sunday-1.6332893

Sounds like they are winning hearts and minds.
  • Options
    Excellent. Good job. Even the government minions don’t take care of the statue that well. And it’s standing in one piece…
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,396
    Nami said:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EdhFuMDLBDM&t=2s

Long but a good watch.  Editing cause I just want to make note, I know right away which points of this video most of you will bring up... towards the end.  If you touch on those points, i know you have lost the underling message.
    c

I'm having a hard time getting past the first 5 minutes.  The host doesn't seem to know anything about how our constitution was drafted.

That being said, without watching the other 1h10m, it's occurred to me that the next few years could be full of lawsuits about whether or not things that were done were constitutional.

Even my work brought in a vaccine mandate, but they didn't fire people or prevent people who weren't vaccinated from working.  They said they were going to make them get regular tests and wear facemasks all time, but they never ended up enforcing anything.   You could tell they were concerned about legal implications of of forcing them on staff.

• Options
    edited January 2022
    Im unsure as to why that video was edited that way as well.   Perhaps legal matters or even past scrutiny over his editing processes.

Yes the next couple of years will be crazy.   

That being said, the way the charter was set up by the 9 premiers was brilliant.  Roll out emergency procedures at the provincial level then federal.   Allowing 4 (i believe) points of measurement for such an emergency were Federal government can apply jurisdiction  over provincial.   

I work in the public sector, and we were mandated to get the shot or lose a job.  I had mine before that, but still..  

• Options
    Trudeau tests postive for covid after isolating with this child who was also positive. but sure, he's "hiding from the truckers".
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
  • Options
    DarthMaeglinDarthMaeglin Toronto Posts: 2,492
    Trudeau tests postive for covid after isolating with this child who was also positive. but sure, he's "hiding from the truckers".
    Let’s be honest here, if Harper was cowering in a closet, Trudeau’s hiding from the truckers. Any thinking person will realize that’s not accurate in either case.

It was too bad though that all Trudeau could say about the vaccines in his press conference was they’re “safe and effective” without any statistics or proofs to back up his claims, because 3 out of 5 Trudeaus say the vaccines aren’t overly effective.
    "The world is full of idiots and I am but one of them."

10-30-1991 Toronto, Toronto 1 & 2 2016, Toronto 2022
  • Options
    3 out of 5 trudeaus say the vaccines aren't overly effective? huh?
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Nami said:
    Im unsure as to why that video was edited that way as well.   Perhaps legal matters or even past scrutiny over his editing processes.

Yes the next couple of years will be crazy.   

That being said, the way the charter was set up by the 9 premiers was brilliant.  Roll out emergency procedures at the provincial level then federal.   Allowing 4 (i believe) points of measurement for such an emergency were Federal government can apply jurisdiction  over provincial.   

I work in the public sector, and we were mandated to get the shot or lose a job.  I had mine before that, but still..  

Yup, the government now wants control of your body…autonomy of your body is your right not the politicians who have mishandled and lied from day 1.

and if these politicians think they’ll ever get 100% vaccinated, they are dreaming.  Not even 100% of people are vaccinated against childhood illness and only about 40% get the flu shot…

if you really thought your vaccine worked, you would not care if others were vaccinated.  We went from a vaccine that was 95% effective (supposedly) to its now keeps most from getting sick (supposedly)…

Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    and why does he need to show stats? those are all over the place. they aren't "his claims". the science backs it. I can't believe this has to be said. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    and no, I wouldn't have agreed with that about Harper. that's for partisan hacks. If anything, he was a strong and commanding leader. Even if I disagreed with him. trump? yes. harper? no. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Justin and 2 of his children have all tested positive. Going by most definitions of a vaccine that’s only 40% effective. For me, if you want me to buy what you’re selling, blanket statements with zero proofs don’t generally sway me.

Maybe the time has come to rename our vaccines as pre-treatments or else redefine the word vaccine, since every definition I’ve seen mentions immunity, which these aren’t really providing.

• Options
    Let’s be honest here, if Harper was cowering in a closet, Trudeau’s hiding from the truckers. Any thinking person will realize that’s not accurate in either case.

It was too bad though that all Trudeau could say about the vaccines in his press conference was they’re “safe and effective” without any statistics or proofs to back up his claims, because 3 out of 5 Trudeaus say the vaccines aren’t overly effective.
    He’s full of shit…he’s just continues to be the most divisive prime minister ever…mr. Blackface continues to call good people with jobs and a skill set racist ..,  meanwhile Trudeau with no skill set is the racist in this picture…

and mr blackface seems to forget the torching of churches last summer, the violence at the blm protest, the g20 protest and many more, democracy is not always neat and tidy…

Hes not a leader.  This is the most incompetent PM ever.  #convoy2022
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    Seems the Americans have done it, lol (changed the definition of vaccine).

https://amp.miamiherald.com/news/coronavirus/article254111268.html

• Options
    Justin and 2 of his children have all tested positive. Going by most definitions of a vaccine that’s only 40% effective. For me, if you want me to buy what you’re selling, blanket statements with zero proofs don’t generally sway me.

Maybe the time has come to rename our vaccines as pre-treatments or else redefine the word vaccine, since every definition I’ve seen mentions immunity, which these aren’t really providing.
    a vaccine boots immunity. the definition isn't 100% immunity. we have a flu vaccine every year that ranges from 40% to 70%, and it's still called, you guessed it, a vaccine. 

there's going to be breakthrough infections. but for the vast, vast majority, because of vaccines, those won't turn into serious cases that require hospitalization. 

the science is clear: the vaccines work. it's not the PM's job to give you scientific breakdowns. that's for the scientists. which they have done, ad nauseum. if you still aren't paying attention to them, well then, not sure what to say. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    It’s not a real vaccine if the protected are afraid of the unvaccinated…in which I don’t care about ones vaccine status…

More and more people I know are done with the vaccine…this is what happens when you tell people get vaccinated and mandates are lifted…but here in Ontario the goalpost keep moving…

Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options

a vaccine boots immunity. the definition isn't 100% immunity. we have a flu vaccine every year that ranges from 40% to 70%, and it's still called, you guessed it, a vaccine. 

there's going to be breakthrough infections. but for the vast, vast majority, because of vaccines, those won't turn into serious cases that require hospitalization. 

the science is clear: the vaccines work. it's not the PM's job to give you scientific breakdowns. that's for the scientists. which they have done, ad nauseum. if you still aren't paying attention to them, well then, not sure what to say. 
    Maybe because people equate vaccines and their efficacy with the polio vaccine and believe them all to be the same? 3 doses = 99-100% efficacy.

Polio Vaccine Effectiveness and Duration of Protection | CDC
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    Seems the Americans have done it, lol (changed the definition of vaccine).

https://amp.miamiherald.com/news/coronavirus/article254111268.html
    from your article:

The previous definitions could have been “interpreted to mean that vaccines were 100% effective, which has never been the case for any vaccine, so the current definition is more transparent, and also describes the ways in which vaccines can be administered,” the spokesperson said.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    "not a real vaccine". hahahaha. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    The stupid floating around is overwhelming.