Options

Canadian Politics Redux

Comments

• Options
    NamiNami Newfoundland Posts: 5,989
    Very nice direction there Dignin.

I support anyone that stands up for their own rights. 

Like most, your anger is misdirected.

Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • Options
    AW124797AW124797 Posts: 644
    Nami said:

Well said. A lot of angry people because isolated truckers won't line up for the useless vaccine. Most of them won't see anybody for weeks. Couldn't be any easier to avoid contact in their profession. 
  • Options
    Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    That’s fine I think Trudeau and his cult followers are dumb…

The truckers are protesting useless mandates.  Truckers are vaccinated at the same levels as the rest of society.  We live in a free country, these anti mandate rallies have been (to my knowledge) peaceful unlike other protest…

Perhaps the anger should be directed at politicians and healthcare administrators who have run the healthcare system into the ground…because these highly paid politicians and administrators have done very little to address the healthcare problems that keep leading to unnecessary lockdowns…

And as already been pointed out truckers are isolated most of the time and when they come in contact with anyone it is no longer than the average time spent at the grocery store till…but somehow going to the store amongst unvaccinated doesn’t bother some…but the odd trucker who you’ll never even come into contract with…

Lmfao at how easy people lets dumb politicians divide them…truckers have done more for most people than any politician who does nothing but leech off taxpayers…steal money for their dumb ideas in which they are too dumb to even do a cost benefit analysis…
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options

The truckers are protesting useless mandates.  Truckers are vaccinated at the same levels as the rest of society.  We live in a free country, these anti mandate rallies have been (to my knowledge) peaceful unlike other protest…

Perhaps the anger should be directed at politicians and healthcare administrators who have run the healthcare system into the ground…because these highly paid politicians and administrators have done very little to address the healthcare problems that keep leading to unnecessary lockdowns…

And as already been pointed out truckers are isolated most of the time and when they come in contact with anyone it is no longer than the average time spent at the grocery store till…but somehow going to the store amongst unvaccinated doesn’t bother some…but the odd trucker who you’ll never even come into contract with…

Lmfao at how easy people lets dumb politicians divide them…truckers have done more for most people than any politician who does nothing but leech off taxpayers…steal money for their dumb ideas in which they are too dumb to even do a cost benefit analysis…
    Well, these dumb politicians are enabled by their imbecilic following. Look at the comments here: "This trucker convoy and their supporters are the dumbest of fucks. Karen convoy." If being angry with hardworking, underpaid, essential, lonely and isolated truckers is not a textbook Karen then I don't know what is. 
  • Options
    DarthMaeglinDarthMaeglin Toronto Posts: 2,414
    AW124797 said:

Well, these dumb politicians are enabled by their imbecilic following. Look at the comments here: "This trucker convoy and their supporters are the dumbest of fucks. Karen convoy." If being angry with hardworking, underpaid, essential, lonely and isolated truckers is not a textbook Karen then I don't know what is. 
    At this stage I’m honestly frightened by how quickly and easily Canadians have been encouraged to turn on each other.
    "The world is full of idiots and I am but one of them."

10-30-1991 Toronto, Toronto 1 & 2 2016, Toronto 2022
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    edited January 2022
    AW124797 said:

Bullshit.

I don't give a fuck who you are, if you can be vaccinated and aren't, you're a selfish asshole. 

These unvaccinated truckers fit the bill.

The vast majority of truckers are vaccinated. A loud brain-dead minority are not.

These pieces of shit put their selfishness ahead of sick kids that have their surgeries cancelled because their stupidity has them filling up hospitals everywhere.

If you aren't angry about that, that says more about you than me.

I'm fed up with their bullshit.

• Options
    Nami said:

No, my anger is right where it needs to be.
  • Options
    dignin said:
    AW124797 said:

Bullshit.

I don't give a fuck who you are, if you can be vaccinated and aren't, you're a selfish asshole. 

The vast majority of truckers are vaccinated. A loud brain-dead minority are not.

These pieces of shit put their selfishness ahead of sick kids that have their surgeries cancelled because their stupidity has them filling up hospitals everywhere.

Yet already 12 months ago "These unvaccinated truckers fit the bill" was a silly thing to say. Save your rage and fury for the front line, health care, school, office etc. Truckers are opposite from that. Even Karen wasn't that ignorant. 
  • Options
    AW124797 said:

At this stage I’m honestly frightened by how quickly and easily Canadians have been encouraged to turn on each other.
    Sadly, it's everywhere.
  • Options
    AW124797 said:

Absolutely agree.  My ex wife and brother both drove semi for many years.  It’s not an easy life, or easy job…long days and very underpaid…
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    AW124797 said:
    dignin said:
    AW124797 said:

Bullshit.

Yet already 12 months ago "These unvaccinated truckers fit the bill" was a silly thing to say. Save your rage and fury for the front line, health care, school, office etc. Truckers are opposite from that. Even Karen wasn't that ignorant. 
    I prefer to hold extremely overpaid politicians and hospital administrators to account for running the system into the ground, not the fine folks who deliver food to grocery stores, I know silly me.

The vast majority of truckers are isolated in their working environment…
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    NamiNami Newfoundland Posts: 5,989
    AW124797 said:

That's the plan, divide us all and not address the issue Meltdown has mentioned time and time again-cutbacks in the medical system.  Easier to place your anger on one fraction of the population than the multilayers of provincial/federal government and getting that to change for the good of people. 

Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • Options
    DarthMaeglinDarthMaeglin Toronto Posts: 2,414
    Nami said:
    AW124797 said:

That's the plan, divide us all and not address the issue Meltdown has mentioned time and time again-cutbacks in the medical system.  Easier to place your anger on one fraction of the population than the multilayers of provincial/federal government and getting that to change for the good of people. 

I agree that’s the strategy, I keep wondering (every time Trudeau pushes his extremely limited choice of vaccines), how many hospital beds might have been bought and staffed with $600 million?
    "The world is full of idiots and I am but one of them."

10-30-1991 Toronto, Toronto 1 & 2 2016, Toronto 2022
  • Options
    There is some delusional thinking here if you guys think there is much of a divide on this issue. Almost all polling done around these vaccine mandates show overwhelming support.

You guys are in a tiny minority.

Good politics by the current government. Bad politics by the official opposition.
  • Options
    AW124797 said:
    Nami said:

Well said. A lot of angry people because isolated truckers won't line up for the useless vaccine. Most of them won't see anybody for weeks. Couldn't be any easier to avoid contact in their profession. 
    Nobody should be able to take you seriously with such ignorant comments.

• Options
    And it's the usual bullshit from conservatives crying about poor healthcare and then crying about taxes being too high.

It's all so predictable.
  • Options
    dignin said:
    AW124797 said:
    Nami said:

Noted. Next time I'll go full rage mode, misuse Karen and throw foul language on a rock band forum. Best for seriousness and attention. 
  • Options
    AW124797 said:

Absolutely agree.  My ex wife and brother both drove semi for many years.  It’s not an easy life, or easy job…long days and very underpaid…
    Most underrated job. I admire anybody that can pull it off. 
  • Options
    AW124797 said:
    dignin said:
    AW124797 said:
    Nami said:

Noted. Next time I'll go full rage mode, misuse Karen and throw foul language on a rock band forum. Best for seriousness and attention. 
    Haha.

Some of us have different priorities, I worry about sick kids, you, well, foul language on a rock band forum. 

Care to go more in-depth about how the vaccine is useless? Or you just want to keep sidestepping that because you know it ruins your credibility.

• Options
    This guy is really, really dumb…you get better weed from the black market and you can buy alcohol on the black market as well…plus in 2020 during the 1st lockdown addiction specialist said denying alcoholics their fix cause more problems… This dude is just proof those cult parties choose the dumb too lead them…
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    Maybe the dumbass should be talking about the state of our run down healthcare…oh wait…
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    Maybe instead of blaming truckers for children’s illness start pointing the finger at the parents themselves? Since the Trudeau’s cultist think it’s ok to cut off or deny people from EI who lose their job over vaccine mandates then maybe we should cancel those child welfare cheques that parents love to receive in the bank account…at least people on EI earned their money…
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    Maybe instead of blaming truckers for children’s illness start pointing the finger at the parents themselves? Since the Trudeau’s cultist think it’s ok to cut off or deny people from EI who lose their job over vaccine mandates then maybe we should cancel those child welfare cheques that parents love to receive in the bank account…at least people on EI earned their money…
    Oh boy.

Keep the wisdom rolling.
  • Options
    ParksyParksy Posts: 1,676
    erebus said:
    Look a little closer at a former premier of Ontario who gutted and privatized long term health care, and now coincidentally is in the for profit business of long term health care homes

all parties are complicit 
    +1.   I'm not disagreeing with the other fellow about the Wynne government... but I would ask this:  

Do you honestly think a conservative provincial government would have invested vigorously in health care before the pandemic?  I think not.
    Toronto 2000
    Buffalo, Phoenix, Toronto 2003
    Boston I&II 2004
    Kitchener, Hamilton, London, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto 2005
    Toronto I&II, Las Vegas 2006
    Chicago Lollapalooza 2007
    Toronto, Seattle I&II, Vancouver, Philly I,II,III,IV 2009
    Cleveland, Buffalo 2010
    Toronto I&II 2011
    Buffalo 2013
    Toronto I&II 2016
    10C: 220xxx
  • Options
    dignin said:
    This trucker convoy and their supporters are the dumbest of fucks.

Karen convoy.
    It's quite mind blowing. Hard to explain even the amount of support they're getting.  Not even remotely surprising though.. I read today that GoFundMe is freezing the $4 Million they have raised because they have no clear documentation or plan on what to do with the money. Shocking!

I'll say this though...  for all the 'love' these truckers are getting... I personally support the truckers who got vaccinated and are presently driving our goods and groceries to where they need to get to. 

This convoy is choosing to drive across the country to Ottawa because they won't take a couple hours out of their lives to get a proven vaccine to fight a global pandemic. Call them Karens, I call them Cartmans. 
    Toronto 2000
    Boston I&II 2004
    Cleveland, Buffalo 2010
    Toronto I&II 2011
    Buffalo 2013
    Toronto I&II 2016
  • Options
    And want to talk about selfish.  Let’s talk about parents?  The most selfish thing one can do is have children.  People use up vast amounts of of resources.  This country sends out 27 plus billion annually to parents, and many of these parents do not need the money?  It is a con voting scheme that both the liberals and cons benefit from…now imagine if we only gave money to the truly deserving and told those who have the means to take responsibility for their own kids?  Imagine if 13 billion of that 27 billion went to healthcare….

yup truckers are the problem…
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EjtSwxah2z0

So here you have Jason Kenney... yes JASON KENNEY admitting the following:

We need to get past Omicron.
    Vaccines are way out. 
    Vaccines keep folks out of hospitals. 
    Unvaccinated are disproportionally taking up hospital beds due to COVID. 
    Your personal choice is also a social choice with broad consequences.
    70% of ICU beds are taken up by unvaccinated people. 

All correct. 

Then of course he pivots to... but we're a free country. And people have choices. Goodness gracious. The pandering never ends. 

We would not need vaccine restrictions if people just got the shot. It's remarkable that people need to be convinced to get the shot and that the government needs to step in to try to get as many people vaccinated. Stop blaming the government for trying to protect people and trying to get back to normal safely. The blame goes directly to those who are refusing to get a proven vaccine. 

"We have to do everything we can."  - Jason Kenney
    "But we're a free country." - Also Jason Kenney 
    Toronto 2000
    Boston I&II 2004
    Cleveland, Buffalo 2010
    Toronto I&II 2011
    Buffalo 2013
    Toronto I&II 2016
  • Options
  • Options
    I just wanna add with regards to Kenney's comments about the Trucker vaccine mandate: 

He's against it. As some of you are. (totally fair) 

He says that common sense needs to play a factor in some of these rules and that by having a vaccine mandate, it slows our supply chain and keeps groceries off of shelves. 

OK.  "Common sense" talk here. I like that. 

So let's dissect what Kenney has said here once again... 

Vaccines are the way out of the pandemic. 
    Our Health System is fragile.
    Unvaccinated are disproportionally taking ICU beds within said Health System. 

Call me crazy....    but the common sense here is to get the vaccine. Full stop. And these restrictions... be it LCBO, Truckers, concerts, sports, you name is has but one goal and one goal only... get people vaccinated. 

Toronto 2000
    Boston I&II 2004
    Cleveland, Buffalo 2010
    Toronto I&II 2011
    Buffalo 2013
    Toronto I&II 2016
  • Options
    A couple things here.... 

I don't like Trudeau.... nowhere near as much as you don't... but Poliviere is representing here what I hate most about politicians, including Liberals.  Posting this partisan bullshit for people like you to eat up.  

First: These photos are taken way out of context.  Both of these are taken in October/early November respectively. 
    Second: I'm not so dumb to believe that truckers spend their entire lives inside their trucks.  They eat, they socialize, they use washrooms, etc. 

These mandates have one goal... get as many people vaccinated as possible.  If the federal government only has a handful of tools in their toolbox to use (no pun intended) then they're going to use them.  Arguing that truckers don't spread the virus as much because they're alone makes no difference if the goal is to get as many people vaccinated as they can. I could be wrong here, but there is no vaccine mandate for truckers who drive inter-provincially is there? Just internationally? 

You may not believe this... but I want to vote Conservative. I don't like Trudeau.  But when I see this crap from Poliviere and the garbage coming out of O'Toole.... it makes it very hard to go blue. 
    Toronto 2000
    Boston I&II 2004
    Cleveland, Buffalo 2010
    Toronto I&II 2011
    Buffalo 2013
    Toronto I&II 2016