Options

Canadian Politics Redux

Comments

• Options
    NamiNami Newfoundland Posts: 5,992
    dignin said:
    And it's the usual bullshit from conservatives crying about poor healthcare and then crying about taxes being too high.

It's all so predictable.
    So these issues don't concern you at all?

Both concerns are the result of the damage done by both parties.

Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • Options
    Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
  • Options

Canada is a big spender on health care but we lag behind countries in results

https://financesofthenation.ca/2021/11/02/canada-is-a-big-spender-on-health-care-but-we-lag-behind-countries-in-results/

Corbella: Canada's health care system overrun by administrators and lacks doctors

I’m not a conservative, liberal or NDP… I support good government, not your anti democratic cults.  None of which is happening in Canada.

Canada does not have a revenue problem, they have a spending problem on all the wrongs things…not hard to understand…get the idiot politicians a fucking calculator.

I love the deflection when pointing out how selfish parents are…lmfao.  Yeah I live paying income tax to support your lifestyle.  Send me your email…I’ll send you 5 bucks to buy condoms…

Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,304
    Nami said:
    dignin said:
    And it's the usual bullshit from conservatives crying about poor healthcare and then crying about taxes being too high.

It's all so predictable.
    So these issues don't concern you at all?

Both concerns are the result of the damage done by both parties.

Of course they do. 

But it's conservatives who always shit a brick when taxes go up to pay for these services.

They want nothing but taxes to go down. That comes at a cost, as we're seeing now.

As an example, you have boneheads complaining about people having kids. Not realizing that they are an investment in their own future. Need a tax base to support our asses when we get old.

But hey, that's to much thinking for down the road. Conservatives typically look at quick solutions to the now, no foresight for the future.
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,304

Canada is a big spender on health care but we lag behind countries in results

https://financesofthenation.ca/2021/11/02/canada-is-a-big-spender-on-health-care-but-we-lag-behind-countries-in-results/

Corbella: Canada's health care system overrun by administrators and lacks doctors

I’m not a conservative, liberal or NDP… I support good government, not your anti democratic cults.  None of which is happening in Canada.

Canada does not have a revenue problem, they have a spending problem on all the wrongs things…not hard to understand…get the idiot politicians a fucking calculator.

I love the deflection when pointing out how selfish parents are…lmfao.  Yeah I live paying income tax to support your lifestyle.  Send me your email…I’ll send you 5 bucks to buy condoms…

Not a conservative.

You just post non stop nonsense from the most conservative writers and politicians in our country.

Nobody buys it.
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,094
    edited January 2022
    always love to hear from the geniuses crying about liberals not adding more beds to hospitals when uh, there wouldn't be anyone to staff them anyway. great healthcare strategy, folks. 

"we have this wonderful bed right here for you, Mr. Dillon"
    "thanks, uh, where is everyone?"
    "oh, it's just you and the other patients. here is your ventilator and some lubricant. enjoy!". 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    DarthMaeglinDarthMaeglin Toronto Posts: 2,492
    always love to hear from the geniuses crying about liberals not adding more beds to hospitals when uh, there wouldn't be anyone to staff them anyway. great healthcare strategy, folks. 

"oh, it's just you and the other patients. here is your ventilator and some lubricant. enjoy!". 
    And when staffing the beds is included in the statement? Is it then a valid statement to be fairly considered?

Geniuses on all sides, I suppose.
    "The world is full of idiots and I am but one of them."

10-30-1991 Toronto, Toronto 1 & 2 2016, Toronto 2022
  • Options

Dude.  Ontario universities and colleges graduate thousands of people yearly with some form of medical training that leave to the US for jobs because of our corrupt politicians and government administration who ran the system into to ground.  Just curious dude,  do you ever get tired of being debunked and pointed out as providing  nothing to  conversation…I just pointed out how about how wrong you were were about Trudeau and his tofino vacaction on national reconciliation day…lmfao.  Yet you come back for more.  Lmfao….
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    Who knew a guy that praises Castro is against peaceful protest in Canada…another dolt.
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options

And when staffing the beds is included in the statement? Is it then a valid statement to be fairly considered?

Geniuses on all sides, I suppose.
    of course. but in so many circumstances, not just health care, but child care as well "oh, we're going to create x amount of child care spaces". Oh, fabulous mr politician, but how are you going to staff those spaces when no one is entering that field because salaries are terrible?". that's what I'm talking about. so many people think the problem is literally beds/space/equipment, and you obviously know that's not the case. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options

Dude.  Ontario universities and colleges graduate thousands of people yearly with some form of medical training that leave to the US for jobs because of our corrupt politicians and government administration who ran the system into to ground.  Just curious dude,  do you ever get tired of being debunked and pointed out as providing  nothing to  conversation…I just pointed out how about how wrong you were were about Trudeau and his tofino vacaction on national reconciliation day…lmfao.  Yet you come back for more.  Lmfao….
    sorry, I don't engage with racists. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    But the dolt has no problem selling Saudi’s weapons so they kill children in Yemen….
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,396
    lol stop feeding the troll, life is so much more peaceful if you block their posts :)  They don't have anything worth saying or reading, so not seeing it is fantastic ;)
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    Lmfao. Another fucking dolt.

who does this dolt think he is?  Telling people what views they should hold…oh that’s right he’s an admirer of Castro and China.
    Post edited by Meltdown99 on
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    That dolt prime minister has been asked by many premiers to come to the table to discuss health care funding.  
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    Lmfao. Does the science say it’s safe to eat popcorn and watch a movie…
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    https://youtu.be/KsJ0PtXxKdU

Disgusting.  Been watching his(Russel's) channel for awhile, pretty good awareness and discussion.  
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • Options
    Breaking News…The fully vaccinated PM who tested negative and apparently came in contact with a fully vaccinated Covid + person (because the pm would never put himself at risk by going maskless or hanging with the unvaccinated) and will isolate until the TRUCKERS LEAVE…
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    ParksyParksy Posts: 1,719
    Nami said:

Disgusting.  Been watching his(Russel's) channel for awhile, pretty good awareness and discussion.  
    To me he's just as misleading as the things he criticizes. (media)

Right off the hop... comparing how media (all) misinforms people (all) based on a clip of a single (one... albeit quite odd) show.  This is fearmongering at it's finest. If he's so concerned about media and how their information is interpreted, he's conveniently not judging himself on how his information is misinterpreted.  What's the term... the pot calling the kettle black. 

And just to add...  as a Canuck... before seeing this 'viral' clip on Brand's page, I had never seen this clip or heard of it. 

To add as well.....  and call me crazy here...  what 7 year olds are watching the news and eating up everything the media is feeding them?  If a child is on the mindset that unvaccinated people should have the cops called on them.... that's a parental issue, nothing to blame the media on. 

No disrespect intended.... This stuff is clickbait for the conspiracy theorists. What Brand is doing, in my opinion FWIW, is textbook propaganda. 
    Toronto 2000
    Buffalo, Phoenix, Toronto 2003
    Boston I&II 2004
    Kitchener, Hamilton, London, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto 2005
    Toronto I&II, Las Vegas 2006
    Chicago Lollapalooza 2007
    Toronto, Seattle I&II, Vancouver, Philly I,II,III,IV 2009
    Cleveland, Buffalo 2010
    Toronto I&II 2011
    Buffalo 2013
    Toronto I&II 2016
    10C: 220xxx
  • Options
    He’ll come out once the big bad truckers leave. He’s a fraud.
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    Personal responsibility is thing of the past…
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    Ottawa's Health Guidelines (different than Ontario's) suggest that until a PCR test can be had, he is supposed to be isolating. Kudos to him for being a good leader in this instance. But don't let facts get in the way of your unbridled hatred of the man. 

Is he a liar? Probably... as are most/all politicians. 

Is he a fraud? Probably... as are most/all politicians. 

Are you engaging in misinformation to draw a negative portrait of JT like you always do? Yes. 

Does JT give two craps about the convoy? No he does not.. but I honestly think he should. Not because I agree with them, because I really, really don't.  But JT should understand that he is EVERYONE's PM, not just mine. His press conference yesterday did more harm than good in my opinion. He may have taken the words out of my mouth.... but there's a reason I wouldn't make a good PM. :) 

Is he 'hiding' from them? No, that just fits your narrative of him. He knows full well how the likes of you are going to interpret this because it's hard for you to understand that sometimes, just sometimes he's being honest and transparent.
    Toronto 2000
    Boston I&II 2004
    Cleveland, Buffalo 2010
    Toronto I&II 2011
    Buffalo 2013
    Toronto I&II 2016
  • Options
    Nami said:

Good video.  You know what else is not being discussed…is childrens mental health, increased domestic violence, more alcohol abuse, seniors mental health…and on and on…lockdowns are fucking joke…
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    The borderline hysteria being pushed by the local Toronto news channel around the trucker convoy is, quite frankly, hysterical.

https://www.cp24.com/mobile/news/opp-warns-of-significant-traffic-delays-as-trucker-convoy-arrives-in-the-gta-1.5756715?cache=tzbrsjtr?clipId=89950

• Options
    If you don't mind me asking... what is hysterical about this story? 

It reads like journalism to me.  Their warning about traffic delays seems like a fair and legit warning.  I'm confused by your assertion. 
    Toronto 2000
    Boston I&II 2004
    Cleveland, Buffalo 2010
    Toronto I&II 2011
    Buffalo 2013
    Toronto I&II 2016
  • Options
    Parksy said:
    Nami said:

Right off the hop... comparing how media (all) misinforms people (all) based on a clip of a single (one... albeit quite odd) show.  This is fearmongering at it's finest. If he's so concerned about media and how their information is interpreted, he's conveniently not judging himself on how his information is misinterpreted.  What's the term... the pot calling the kettle black. 

And just to add...  as a Canuck... before seeing this 'viral' clip on Brand's page, I had never seen this clip or heard of it. 

To add as well.....  and call me crazy here...  what 7 year olds are watching the news and eating up everything the media is feeding them?  If a child is on the mindset that unvaccinated people should have the cops called on them.... that's a parental issue, nothing to blame the media on. 

No disrespect intended.... This stuff is clickbait for the conspiracy theorists. What Brand is doing, in my opinion FWIW, is textbook propaganda. 
    Parksy said:
    Nami said:

you have your opinion and i mine, its ok to discuss.  As mentioned, Ive been watching RB for awhile now and find him amusing, thought provoking, and non-biased in terms of his political affiliation(although liberal leaning on certain subjects). If anything i look at the good he is promoting through his work on YT. His message is/has always one of unity and the betterment for mankind, which i feel is what we all want as an end goal. 

In terms of the video i posted, i guess what upset me the most was the comments made by the kids and the grownups in the back ground applauding them along. I too, have never seen it before RBs posting, if real or not, but its out there, produced and in the universe, so to speak. Its shocking to me how someones kid, at a such a young age, is spewing a form of hate (prob not the right word) stating call the police, cut everything from them, pressure them until they submit.  its just disturbing.  The parent got their information from some form of media, formed their opinion, and now is imposing their thought process onto their children in such a fashion. 

And as well all know and see, current media is driven by posting unvaccinated numbers per region, daily posting of covid #s in your area(Increasing/decreasing) , etc all c19 stuff...which tends to have a negative connotation in its presentation to us the end user- promoting fear.  Regardless of which side of the fence you are on, vaccine mandates or not, the division is there.  

Yes these are the times we live in  cheers

• Options
    Parksy said:

It reads like journalism to me.  Their warning about traffic delays seems like a fair and legit warning.  I'm confused by your assertion. 
    Maybe it doesn’t come across in the story I linked, but the live coverage is only one step removed from saying we should fear this protest. They had a former OPP commissioner (their “safety expert”) flat out said these shows of support are straight up unsafe (implying they should be shut down). That was in his live remarks at noon, just caught an edit that waters down his statement.

It’s becoming quite clear this is not the “fringe minority” who are engaged in wrong-think as Trudeau claimed yesterday.

As a counterpoint, there wasn’t this degree of concern over the protesters who descended on Toronto a few years ago and trashed the downtown core.

• Options
    Parksy said:

Maybe it doesn’t come across in the story I linked, but the live coverage is only one step removed from saying we should fear this protest. They had a former OPP commissioner (their “safety expert”) flat out said these shows of support are straight up unsafe (implying they should be shut down). That was in his live remarks at noon, just caught an edit that waters down his statement.

It’s becoming quite clear this is not the “fringe minority” who are engaged in wrong-think as Trudeau claimed yesterday.

As a counterpoint, there wasn’t this degree of concern over the protesters who descended on Toronto a few years ago and trashed the downtown core.
    I would say that any concern about extremism without evidence is biased and not good.  I've been watching this stupid convoy closely because I don't want to be stuck in it. 

I haven't honestly seen these fears.  Traffic fears yes... which is what I'm personally concerned about.  
    Toronto 2000
    Boston I&II 2004
    Cleveland, Buffalo 2010
    Toronto I&II 2011
    Buffalo 2013
    Toronto I&II 2016
  • Options
    Nami said:
    Parksy said:
    Nami said:

Parksy said:
    Nami said:

you have your opinion and i mine, its ok to discuss.  As mentioned, Ive been watching RB for awhile now and find him amusing, thought provoking, and non-biased in terms of his political affiliation(although liberal leaning on certain subjects). If anything i look at the good he is promoting through his work on YT. His message is/has always one of unity and the betterment for mankind, which i feel is what we all want as an end goal. 

In terms of the video i posted, i guess what upset me the most was the comments made by the kids and the grownups in the back ground applauding them along. I too, have never seen it before RBs posting, if real or not, but its out there, produced and in the universe, so to speak. Its shocking to me how someones kid, at a such a young age, is spewing a form of hate (prob not the right word) stating call the police, cut everything from them, pressure them until they submit.  its just disturbing.  The parent got their information from some form of media, formed their opinion, and now is imposing their thought process onto their children in such a fashion. 

And as well all know and see, current media is driven by posting unvaccinated numbers per region, daily posting of covid #s in your area(Increasing/decreasing) , etc all c19 stuff...which tends to have a negative connotation in its presentation to us the end user- promoting fear.  Regardless of which side of the fence you are on, vaccine mandates or not, the division is there.  

Yes these are the times we live in  cheers

I agree the division is there.  But reporting on the cases, etc.  ... that's public knowledge that I want to know about. I fail to understand how this gets so misconstrued.  Before the virus, was any Canadian media outlet stoking fear with bogus stories?  I don't think so.  

They're reporting on the stats and the news. I don't see what's wrong about that.  I would honestly be more leery of media if they didn't.  

Like... what frustrates me is what I'm seeing quite literally on my other tab on this browser.   A live steam from Global News... not saying a word.  Just literally showing me what's going on.  That's it.  Recording the goings on in the area. That's it.   And people are yelling at these guys... chirping about their masks... calling them fake news. Saying "You won't show this!"  "Stop lying!"   "Stop lying to the people."    Like.. what are you people on?!

I had my brain dead cousin the other day post about how the 'main stream media' are going to ignore this convoy because it's so corrupt.  Well here we are. And it's not being ignored by media.  CBC... a crown corporation. State run media are interviewing truckers and protesters, getting their opinions and broadcasting them.... showing people with FUCK TRUDEAU flags.  On state run media. This is what I see. With my own eyes. And this is where I draw my conclusions.  Those who can say that media in Canada is so corrupt or biased... repeat this:  State run media showing Fuck Trudeau flags and shirts interviewing protesters who are opposed to the government. 
    Toronto 2000
    Boston I&II 2004
    Cleveland, Buffalo 2010
    Toronto I&II 2011
    Buffalo 2013
    Toronto I&II 2016