The AMT Marijuana Thread

Comments

• Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    PJ_Soul said:
    Sounds like a cash grab.  In Canada, you print a registration form off the supplier's website that you have chosen to buy your medicinal Cannabis from, have your dr fill the form out and fax over to the supplier, 24 hours later patients are usually able to buy.  At this point, all medicinal is mailed to you...It's a pretty smooth process.  Before this process, it was similar to yours.  You had to get a form from health Canada, have DR. fill out and send into health Canada, wait 90-120 days for certification...

I was never under the health Canada rules, my cousin was, he is involved in a class action lawsuit against Health Canada for breaching patients privacy...

The new system that eliminated the Health Canada system is excellent...
    I just walked up to a dispensary booth that was taking applications, filled one out, was given a temporary card, and then I took that to another dispensary who arbitrarily honoured the temporary card with a permanent one. All for free, and they didn't even ask me to see a doctor, lol.
    Before December 17, 2018, if you did not have a dr approval registered with a medicinal company you would not have been legal.  The dispensaries in Vancouver were operating illegally but the government turned a blind eye to them until after October 17.  Without doing any research, are these dispensaries still operating?  The police are constantly shutting down dispensaries here in Ontario.  

Anyways, medicinal is better and cost are better as well...

And the black market is cheaper yet, and no taxes...
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    edited March 2019
    PJ_Soul said:
    Sounds like a cash grab.  In Canada, you print a registration form off the supplier's website that you have chosen to buy your medicinal Cannabis from, have your dr fill the form out and fax over to the supplier, 24 hours later patients are usually able to buy.  At this point, all medicinal is mailed to you...It's a pretty smooth process.  Before this process, it was similar to yours.  You had to get a form from health Canada, have DR. fill out and send into health Canada, wait 90-120 days for certification...

I was never under the health Canada rules, my cousin was, he is involved in a class action lawsuit against Health Canada for breaching patients privacy...

The new system that eliminated the Health Canada system is excellent...
    I just walked up to a dispensary booth that was taking applications, filled one out, was given a temporary card, and then I took that to another dispensary who arbitrarily honoured the temporary card with a permanent one. All for free, and they didn't even ask me to see a doctor, lol.
    Before December 17, 2018, if you did not have a dr approval registered with a medicinal company you would not have been legal.  The dispensaries in Vancouver were operating illegally but the government turned a blind eye to them until after October 17.  Without doing any research, are these dispensaries still operating?  The police are constantly shutting down dispensaries here in Ontario.  

Anyways, medicinal is better and cost are better as well...

And the black market is cheaper yet, and no taxes...
    I wasn't suggesting it was legal. Obviously it was not if I didn't even get a prescription. Vancouver has had an open grey market for years now, so the usual rules really don't apply within its city limits. Not even now. Just last weekend I went into an illegal pot shop (that was a grey market medical dispensary requiring membership up until legalization) that doesn't even bother covering its windows or anything anymore. With a Budder King neon sign blinking in the window. The display case full of illegal weed and cooler full of infused drinks were clearly visible to anyone passing by on the street, and people were in their lounge smoking up in a cloud of second hand pot smoke. Maybe one of these days the authorities will bother closing them down, but nobody is tripping over themselves to do it, obviously.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    Vancouver's illegal marijuana dispensaries ordered to shut down

https://bc.ctvnews.ca/vancouver-s-illegal-marijuana-dispensaries-ordered-to-shut-down-1.4216995
    Give Peas A Chance…
    edited March 2019
    :lol: Yeah... for the 100th time over the years. And yet they continue to exist. But yeah, I'm not dumb enough to expect that to go on forever, now that the government has some money to lose. But for now, a few brave advocates will stand there in their illegal dispensaries until someone comes in and arrests them... And then they will likely do it again after they're released.

Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    Maryland is only medically legal. We don’t have full recreation. The ID card itself is a cash grab but the two step process (registering with the state, doctor certification) has always been in place.
  • Hi!Hi! Posts: 3,095
    edited March 2019
    My wife was telling me a funny story the other day. A friend of hers was at the doctors office that specializes in the marijuana certification. It’s basically you pay $100, tell him you have a sore knee or whatever, you both wink at each other, and then you get your card in the mail a month later. The doctor, she was told, is an obvious stoner. Long hair hippie type doctor. She was also told he typically has a cat in his lap while talking with patients. Anyway, she’s sitting in the waiting room with like 10 other stoners waiting to get “medically” certified and the doctor walks out of his office and starts to walk up this set of like 5 stairs when he trips and falls. She said everyone in the office started laughing and cheering the doctor when he fell. The doctor gets up, turns around, and gives the devil horn salute with both hands(🤘🏻🤘🏻)and then continues his ascent up the stairs. Lol, it really just painted a funny picture in my mind.
    Post edited by Hi! on

Detroit 2000, Detroit 2003 1-2, Grand Rapids VFC 2004, Philly 2005, Grand Rapids 2006, Detroit 2006, Cleveland 2006, Lollapalooza 2007, Detroit Eddie Solo 2011, Detroit 2014, Chicago 2016 1-2, Chicago 2018 1-2, Ohana Encore 2021 1-2, Chicago Eddie/Earthlings 2022 1-2, Nashville 2022, St. Louis 2022

• HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    edited March 2019
    Hi! said:
    My wife was telling me a funny story the other day. A friend of hers was at the doctors office that specializes in the marijuana certification. It’s basically you pay $100, tell him you have a sore knee or whatever, you both wink at each other, and then you get your card in the mail a month later. The doctor, she was told, is an obvious stoner. Long hair hippie type doctor. She was also told he typically has a cat in his lap while talking with patients. Anyway, she’s sitting in the waiting room with like 10 other stoners waiting to get “medically” certified and the doctor walks out of his office and starts to walk up this set of like 5 stairs when he trips and falls. She said everyone in the office started laughing and cheering the doctor when he fell. The doctor gets up, turns around, and gives the devil horn salute with both hands(🤘🏻🤘🏻)and then continues his ascent up the stairs. Lol, it really just painted a funny picture in my mind.
    I'm imagining Christopher Lloyd. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    Hi! said:
    That's basically what I've heard from a few folks who have obtained their certification already. The whole thing goes down kinda like this:
    Doc: So, tell me why you think you need medical marijuana.
    Patient: I have back pain and don't like to take pills.
    Doc: Sounds like you're a perfect candidate. That'll be $100. *signs form*
    Hi! said:
    That's basically what I've heard from a few folks who have obtained their certification already. The whole thing goes down kinda like this:
    Doc: So, tell me why you think you need medical marijuana.
    Patient: I have back pain and don't like to take pills.
    Doc: Sounds like you're a perfect candidate. That'll be $100. *signs form*
    Yep

Detroit 2000, Detroit 2003 1-2, Grand Rapids VFC 2004, Philly 2005, Grand Rapids 2006, Detroit 2006, Cleveland 2006, Lollapalooza 2007, Detroit Eddie Solo 2011, Detroit 2014, Chicago 2016 1-2, Chicago 2018 1-2, Ohana Encore 2021 1-2, Chicago Eddie/Earthlings 2022 1-2, Nashville 2022, St. Louis 2022

Hi! said:
    I'm imagining Christopher Lloyd. 
    Lol, exactly.

• josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    Busy morning making moon rocks & pressing hash ..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
    This is the hash ..
  • lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 11,705
    Wonderful
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    Both look great, Jose!
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
    This is the hash ..
    I was just thinking about this the other day:  Why no hashish in dispensaries?  The smell and taste can't be beat!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

brianlux said:
    This is the hash ..
    I was just thinking about this the other day:  Why no hashish in dispensaries?  The smell and taste can't be beat!
    Yeah it’s worth the process for me to do it burns nice & slow tasty good , now it’s not as good as say Lebanese or Middle eastern but these days you never get Hash from those countries anymore back in the 70’s I smoked some Red Lebanese hash that literally made you trip it was scary good ...
  • HorosHoros Posts: 4,518
    brianlux said:
    This is the hash ..
    Yeah it’s worth the process for me to do it burns nice & slow tasty good , now it’s not as good as say Lebanese or Middle eastern but these days you never get Hash from those countries anymore back in the 70’s I smoked some Red Lebanese hash that literally made you trip it was scary good ...
    Would love to get some hash like back in the day. Blonde, Red or Black

@brianlux the concentrates they sell these day taste like hash.

I heard it's $200 to get a card in OR. I've always known someone so I never tried. Lots of DRs to see not sure about a charge.

We're flooded here. I never imagined such prices($6 grams of cheap shatter, $25 eighths of top shelf flower). We have chains. Shops on every block in some parts of town.

Currently pushing legislation to allow public consumption.
    #FHP
    Damn, $6 grams of shatter is awesome. Best deal I’ve seen is like 6 grams for $100 and I would have to take a 3 hr drive for that. Not happening. So best deal I would be able to find in my area  is like $25 a gram. That’s through the dispensaries. I’m sure you could find better deals if you try hard enough. I hope once the recreational shops open I’ll be able to get some much cheaper than is available now. My dream is to have a ball of wax the size of a basketball, but I’d settle with a ball the size of a softball.

• brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
    edited March 2019
    Horos said:
    brianlux said:
    This is the hash ..
    Would love to get some hash like back in the day. Blonde, Red or Black

@brianlux the concentrates they sell these day taste like hash.

I heard it's $200 to get a card in OR. I've always known someone so I never tried. Lots of DRs to see not sure about a charge.

We're flooded here. I never imagined such prices($6 grams of cheap shatter, $25 eighths of top shelf flower). We have chains. Shops on every block in some parts of town.

Currently pushing legislation to allow public consumption.
    That's surprising to hear.  I made a nice purchase of a few varieties of flower and a vape pen in the Medford area with just my CA license as ID.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

Made these last night I sprinkled shredded coconut on some of them , yummy yummy and really good buzz ..
    Made these last night I sprinkled shredded coconut on some of them , yummy yummy and really good buzz ..
    😜👍🏻

Im actually gonna take a break from ediables. I already have a bad enough diet and adding ten brownies a week on top of that was starting to affect my waistline, lol. Hard to pass up because I was getting such a good deal, but I’ll just take a break for awhile. 

Hi! said:
    😜👍🏻

Im actually gonna take a break from ediables. I already have a bad enough diet and adding ten brownies a week on top of that was starting to affect my waistline, lol. Hard to pass up because I was getting such a good deal, but I’ll just take a break for awhile. 
    I hear you , I switch between cookies, brownies, chocolates & tinctures I’ll smoke if I’m home alone like today I’ll just take a couple of hits of hash ...
    @josevolution Can you please explain how you make these edibles? Most importantly, how much weed to you put in them? Like, say someone is making a standard pan of brownies (8" or 9" pan), how much decent weed would one want to put in there so that one 3x3" brownie would get you pretty high? (I do know that you're not supposed to take weed over 350F, or else it burns off the THC or something like that)
    I used a 1/2 oz of flower ..
    1-decarb the flower
    2- infuse decarbed flower with either oil or butter I use coconut oil ..
    3-strain infused material just leaves you the butter or oil , butter you fridge it to solidify..
    Half oz yields about a cup of canna butter , made a pan of brownies total of 19 & 26 chocolates ..
    each is a single dose gets you really good buzz lasts for 3 plus hrs , you won’t have any desire to smoke...
    edited March 2019
    1-decarb the flower
    3-strain infused material just leaves you the butter or oil , butter you fridge it to solidify..
    Half oz yields about a cup of canna butter , made a pan of brownies total of 19 & 26 chocolates ..
    each is a single dose gets you really good buzz lasts for 3 plus hrs , you won’t have any desire to smoke...
    Wow, I just want to throw in ground up weed, lol. I have tried to use infused coconut oil once ($50 worth!) along with a bunch of straight weed and it was a complete failure. The only time an edible I made was successful was when I did NOT use infused oil or anything, and I just cut up some good weed and threw it into pancake mix, lol. Also, I think decarbing means concentrating it? .... Yeah, I'm too lazy for all that, lol. I guess I'll just keep smoking it! Thank you for the info. :)
  • CM189191CM189191 Minneapolis via Chicago Posts: 6,786
    WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
    PJ_Soul said:
    1-decarb the flower
    Wow, I just want to throw in ground up weed, lol. I have tried to use infused coconut oil once ($50 worth!) along with a bunch of straight weed and it was a complete failure. The only time an edible I made was successful was when I did NOT use infused oil or anything, and I just cut up some good weed and threw it into pancake mix, lol. Also, I think decarbing means concentrating it? .... Yeah, I'm too lazy for all that, lol. I guess I'll just keep smoking it! Thank you for the info. :)
    to explain jose's number 1: Decarboxylation is the process of burning off the extra component of THC, which is the A or acid at the end of THCA. Smoking it does this instantly (after drying and aging the weed, which also has this effect), which is why smoking gets us stoned. and why eating weed does very little, if anything. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

PJ_Soul said:
    1-decarb the flower
    to explain jose's number 1: Decarboxylation is the process of burning off the extra component of THC, which is the A or acid at the end of THCA. Smoking it does this instantly (after drying and aging the weed, which also has this effect), which is why smoking gets us stoned. and why eating weed does very little, if anything. 
    But again, the only time edibles I made were effective was when I just threw in the weed. It got us SO high for hours and hours. So eating weed doesn't necessarily do very little.
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    1-decarb the flower
    But again, the only time edibles I made were effective was when I just threw in the weed. It got us SO high for hours and hours. So eating weed doesn't necessarily do very little.
    depends how long it was aged and/or dried. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    1-decarb the flower
    Not sure about this , my edibles are perfect dosage I always decarb my bud that im making butter with ..