Options

The AMT Marijuana Thread

Comments

• Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,699
    With three kids,  vape carts are amazingly convenient and discreet.  

I also live in an illegal state.  So taking flower on a plane is a no go. 
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Hi! said:
    hedonist said:
    Hi! said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Hi! said:
    Kevin Smith on Rogan a couple weeks ago brought in some 45% shit,  loaded with CBDs. Highest content flower I’ve seen is like 30 something %. Yes, please.
    I'm confused.  I was in Seattle this week and the store had 85% THC content vape cartridges.  BTW, it was only $45 after tax for a full gram.  That's half the price of LA, NV, etc.  
    wow, $90 for a gram of vapes in LA, NV? $45 is a normal price in MI.
    Some go for $100 here.  Normal range is $50 - $75, though for me nothing beats flower and its byproducts.

And edibles.
    Yeah, prices vary here quite a bit. Just got to look at Weedmaps or whatever and get the best deal. I use Leafly.
    Flower and edibles for me as well. I like to top my bowls with a nice chunk of rosin. I don’t like vape pens with cartridges, or pens for rosin, like I said, just a nice little piece of heat pressed rosin on top of a bowl, it just melts right in. 
    I love Leafly.  I use them to check out different strains, and while I have several go-to dispensaries, Weedmaps is a useful site as well.

(love the toppers on a bowl!)

Not a black market chick; I don't mind paying a few bucks extra for reputable growers and knowing exactly what I'm getting.
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,123
    They call me El Jefe
    El primo de los matadors
    The master of the metaphor,
    A chaw chewin' troubadour
    The one you've come to love and adore,
    And I've come to take you away
  • Options
    HorosHoros Posts: 4,518
    Black market prices must be dropping in Canada.  My supplier has good weed starting at 125 oz.  Other than those who grow their own, anyone else getting it cheaper?
    I was paying 125 before it was legal. Stuck with my guy for about a year after legalization. Then the legal stuff went down. Ounces can be bought for as little as 40 at shops.
    #FHP
  • Options
    wndowpaynewndowpayne Posts: 1,469
    mrussel1 said:
    With three kids,  vape carts are amazingly convenient and discreet.  

I also live in an illegal state.  So taking flower on a plane is a no go. 
    Going to Colorado for xmas this year..was there in June and brought 2 carts back..I agree, no way I bring back flower..you go through dogs at Denver international..Im told they are bomb sniffing though and as long as you dont get stupid, they are looking for other things..
    Charlottesville 2013
    Hampton 2016

• Options
    Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    Horos said:
    Black market prices must be dropping in Canada.  My supplier has good weed starting at 125 oz.  Other than those who grow their own, anyone else getting it cheaper?
    I was paying 125 before it was legal. Stuck with my guy for about a year after legalization. Then the legal stuff went down. Ounces can be bought for as little as 40 at shops.
    Do not know of anyone selling weed for 40 an ounce.  That is what most are charging for a 1/8th around these parts...you should scoop the 40/oz and resell...LOL
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    Horos said:
    Do not know of anyone selling weed for 40 an ounce.  That is what most are charging for a 1/8th around these parts...you should scoop the 40/oz and resell...LOL
    Resell market is dead. I can buy those $40 ozs all day long at dozens of shops. I've been buying for a long time. I'm still stunned by the price and the ease of purchase. I can walk to 3 shops from my house without even crossing the street.
    #FHP
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,773
    Horos said:
    Horos said:
    Resell market is dead. I can buy those $40 ozs all day long at dozens of shops. I've been buying for a long time. I'm still stunned by the price and the ease of purchase. I can walk to 3 shops from my house without even crossing the street.
    Last week I saw a billboard on Hwy 50 a couple miles west of Placerville advertising pre-rolls for 90-something cents- less than a buck!  My late-1960's self was dumbfounded!  I said to C., "Holy shit- check out that billboard!"  :lol:
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    brianlux said:
    Horos said:
    Horos said:
    Last week I saw a billboard on Hwy 50 a couple miles west of Placerville advertising pre-rolls for 90-something cents- less than a buck!  My late-1960's self was dumbfounded!  I said to C., "Holy shit- check out that billboard!"  :lol:
    I love those joints that roll with leftovers and put them in a jar up front.  They're like 5 bucks and will get you wasted several times.  It's crazy.  I'm so hopeful that with Virginia gov't all flipping blue last week, we'll finally get legalized here. 
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,773
    mrussel1 said:
    brianlux said:
    Horos said:
    Horos said:
    I love those joints that roll with leftovers and put them in a jar up front.  They're like 5 bucks and will get you wasted several times.  It's crazy.  I'm so hopeful that with Virginia gov't all flipping blue last week, we'll finally get legalized here. 
    That would be great!  And then one day, federal legalization- at last!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    Hi!Hi! Posts: 3,095
    Yeah, some people turn their nose up at the house shake or whatever, but I’m fine with it. So much cheaper. Buy nice buds at $15 a gram or an ounce of house shake for like $100. I’ll take the latter, I’m not picky. 

Detroit 2000, Detroit 2003 1-2, Grand Rapids VFC 2004, Philly 2005, Grand Rapids 2006, Detroit 2006, Cleveland 2006, Lollapalooza 2007, Detroit Eddie Solo 2011, Detroit 2014, Chicago 2016 1-2, Chicago 2018 1-2, Ohana Encore 2021 1-2, Chicago Eddie/Earthlings 2022 1-2, Nashville 2022, St. Louis 2022

• Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,941
    Hi! said:
    Yeah, some people turn their nose up at the house shake or whatever, but I’m fine with it. So much cheaper. Buy nice buds at $15 a gram or an ounce of house shake for like $100. I’ll take the latter, I’m not picky. 
    That's fair. When I started smoking enough, I started to realize that the strains I'd want to smoke cost a maximum of one and a half times the cost of the last thing I'd want to smoke, the effects last longer (sometimes easily twice as long), and the high is better. I turn my nose up at the house shake because it doesn't bring me to a mentally good place. Even then, I'm starting to do analyses on the terpene profiles I tend to like, because "sativa or indica" or "$10 or $15" are embarrassingly unscientific ways to pick a strain. It's as if wine was only classified as "white" or "red" or "cheap" or "expensive", when there's so much more to it.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    Horos said:
    Horos said:
    Yup.  That’s cheap.  I just got an ounce for 125.  Mind you, there are particular strains I look for and prefer.  I’m good with 125/oz.  as long as it’s the strain I want or is derivative of a particular strain.
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    benjs said:
    Hi! said:
    That's fair. When I started smoking enough, I started to realize that the strains I'd want to smoke cost a maximum of one and a half times the cost of the last thing I'd want to smoke, the effects last longer (sometimes easily twice as long), and the high is better. I turn my nose up at the house shake because it doesn't bring me to a mentally good place. Even then, I'm starting to do analyses on the terpene profiles I tend to like, because "sativa or indica" or "$10 or $15" are embarrassingly unscientific ways to pick a strain. It's as if wine was only classified as "white" or "red" or "cheap" or "expensive", when there's so much more to it.
    I’m sure I’m wrong, but I feel like the differences in strains as far as sativa vs. indica are really unrecognizable. The main factor in the high(for me) is the THC percentage. I don’t really care about flavors ect. Honestly as long as it’s not some schwag shit, it’s all good. I know most people disagree, but as long as THC levels are above like 14%, I’m straight.

Detroit 2000, Detroit 2003 1-2, Grand Rapids VFC 2004, Philly 2005, Grand Rapids 2006, Detroit 2006, Cleveland 2006, Lollapalooza 2007, Detroit Eddie Solo 2011, Detroit 2014, Chicago 2016 1-2, Chicago 2018 1-2, Ohana Encore 2021 1-2, Chicago Eddie/Earthlings 2022 1-2, Nashville 2022, St. Louis 2022

• Options
    Hi! said:
    benjs said:
    Hi! said:
    I’m sure I’m wrong, but I feel like the differences in strains as far as sativa vs. indica are really unrecognizable. The main factor in the high(for me) is the THC percentage. I don’t really care about flavors ect. Honestly as long as it’s not some schwag shit, it’s all good. I know most people disagree, but as long as THC levels are above like 14%, I’m straight.
    I know first-hand that there's more to it, and can say that to me, they are 100% recognizable. Strains that have a diesel-y scent almost always produce anxiety for me, and pine scent (associated with the pinene terpene) is an instant sedative for me, as two examples. Terpenes with a fruitier aroma (whether from the placebo effect or not) put me in a happy place. All of terpenes are present in sativa and indica alike (in varying amounts), hence why sativa vs. indica doesn't really matter much to me anymore. 

As far as THC levels go, that just defines the magnitude of the high (think of it as the 'volume knob'). It also serves to combat the colour of the high that the flower itself produces. This is why if you try hash rosin vs. flower or flower rosin of the exact same flower, it'll give a different impact. My understanding on this one is that the terpene profile of flower is different than the terpene profile of the trichome heads on the flower. 
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    benjs said:
    Hi! said:
    benjs said:
    Hi! said:
    I know first-hand that there's more to it, and can say that to me, they are 100% recognizable. Strains that have a diesel-y scent almost always produce anxiety for me, and pine scent (associated with the pinene terpene) is an instant sedative for me, as two examples. Terpenes with a fruitier aroma (whether from the placebo effect or not) put me in a happy place. All of terpenes are present in sativa and indica alike (in varying amounts), hence why sativa vs. indica doesn't really matter much to me anymore. 

As far as THC levels go, that just defines the magnitude of the high (think of it as the 'volume knob'). It also serves to combat the colour of the high that the flower itself produces. This is why if you try hash rosin vs. flower or flower rosin of the exact same flower, it'll give a different impact. My understanding on this one is that the terpene profile of flower is different than the terpene profile of the trichome heads on the flower. 
    Yeah, if I ever grow I’ll maybe look into the science of it all a little closer. For now I just use whatever and ride the wave where it takes me.

• Options
    CM189191CM189191 Minneapolis via Chicago Posts: 6,793
    Yes, black market got cheaper here in MN. I pay about 1/2 what I used to. 

Best part is the product (that I get anyway) is all from legal growers in CA.  

I'm looking California and feeling Minnesota, oh yeah
    WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
  • Options
    lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 12,070
    edited November 2019
    Im in u.k my brother grew 2 plants as an experiment. Outdoors in the u.k. 9 feet tall both.
    It worked 9oz from the two. It doesnt  smell of much . Maybe citrus but it is strong.  The seeds were gorilla glue +white widow.
    Its very low scent until smoked and its covered in stickiness.
    Post edited by lastexitlondon on
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    benjs said:
    Hi! said:
    https://io9.gizmodo.com/wine-tasting-is-bullshit-heres-why-496098276
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    rgambs said:
    benjs said:
    Hi! said:
    To say that critics contradict themselves regularly is one thing (and where I could appreciate calling the practice of wine reviewing "bullshit"), but as a human with a functional palette, I know for certain that red/white/cheap/expensive isn't enough criteria to evaluate whether I'll like a bottle, and sativa/indica/cheap/expensive isn't enough criteria to evaluate whether I'll like a strain. It's that simple.

EV
  • Options
    benjs said:
    rgambs said:
    benjs said:
    Hi! said:
    To say that critics contradict themselves regularly is one thing (and where I could appreciate calling the practice of wine reviewing "bullshit"), but as a human with a functional palette, I know for certain that red/white/cheap/expensive isn't enough criteria to evaluate whether I'll like a bottle, and sativa/indica/cheap/expensive isn't enough criteria to evaluate whether I'll like a strain. It's that simple.
    Yeah if you can't tell the difference between Opus One and a boxed wine,  you must not have a tongue.  Same with a cab vs zin. Im not refined enough to tell the difference of what you're saying though.  But a bag of year old shake is sticky icky? I can figure that out.
  • Options
    20% off top shelf and I grabbed some live resin.
    #FHP
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Now this is perfect to start the day after....well, most days really ;)

(I typically go for a higher THC but 37%? Get outta here!)

• Options
    ^👍🏻

About to enjoy this bowl of Orange Outlaw topped with Orange Outlaw shatter.✌️

• Options
    Hi! said:
    ^👍🏻

Orange Outlaw, is that named after Trump?

EV
  • Options
    benjs said:
    Hi! said:
    ^👍🏻

Ha! I wonder if there are strains named after Trump. I think there’s an Obama Kush. Maybe a Trump strain could be called ”Soul Eater.”

I don’t get into flavors much, but it actually was quite Orangey. It was tasty.

• Options
    CM189191CM189191 Minneapolis via Chicago Posts: 6,793
    Hi! said:
    ^👍🏻

Dude.... Might be time to upgrade from the pipe you made in high school shop class

I mean.... Unless you're still in high school, in which case, carry on
    WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,321
    Hi! said:
    ^👍🏻

Yeah for your own health I’d stop smoking out of that thing , just get a nice small glass pipe way better for you , that metal can’t be good for your lungs ...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    Hi! said:
    benjs said:
    Hi! said:
    ^👍🏻

Ha! I wonder if there are strains named after Trump. I think there’s an Obama Kush. Maybe a Trump strain could be called ”Soul Eater.”

I pretty much exclusively do rosin these days, and the flavours are actually surprisingly pronounced. I have a Strawberry Shaman sativa and a Peanut Butter Breath indica-dominant hybrid, and while the Peanut Butter's a bit more of a stretch, the Strawberry Shaman definitely smells like Strawberry to me. Both are delicious, especially since I'm not involving any fire the way that I inhale.

EV
  • Options
    benjs said:
    Hi! said:
    benjs said:
    Hi! said:
    ^👍🏻

I pretty much exclusively do rosin these days, and the flavours are actually surprisingly pronounced. I have a Strawberry Shaman sativa and a Peanut Butter Breath indica-dominant hybrid, and while the Peanut Butter's a bit more of a stretch, the Strawberry Shaman definitely smells like Strawberry to me. Both are delicious, especially since I'm not involving any fire the way that I inhale.
    Nice, I have some Sugar Black Rose flower and I can sense a Rose type flavor or aroma when I smoke it. It’s pretty tasty. It kind of reminded me of walking in a cooler of fresh cut roses. My grandparents owned a flower shop and I used to love walking in their cooler and just taking in long smells. 
    Kind of a stupid tidbit, but this flower shop was in a one stoplight town, Scottville, MI. Maynard actually lived there for a few years in his youth. It just blows my mind sometimes to think he grew up there. I always wondered if he had ever went to their flower shop, lol.