The National Football League

Comments

• The backstory is actually pretty horrifying too.  These girls were brought over with promises of real jobs, to become hookers by force.
    Yikes. Where did you find that info? I've just been seeing generic articles stating that Kraft has been charged...but not much else.

What a horrible thing. Human trafficking is the biggest global crisis that no one talks about. 

I'll say this, there's more to life than how your football team performs. The Patriots have been (rightly) getting praised for winning another Super Bowl, while the Steelers have been (rightly) getting criticism for the Antonio Brown drama. But while Kraft apparently has been contributing to human trafficking, Mike Tomlin has been fighting it: https://steelersdepot.com/2018/09/mike-tomlin-talks-traveling-to-haiti-to-fight-human-trafficking/
    I am unfortunately somewhat naive to it.  Obviously know it is a huge issue (and market here and other places), but not particularly aware of the extent.

Tomlin seems like a legit dude.
    I wasn't either until I saw a gut-wrenching documentary some years ago. There's literally children that are born into being sex-slaves. Six-year-old boys and girls that spend their days in captivity as they wait for the next predator low-life to come in and rape them. It's beyond atrocious. I have great respect for Tomlin donating his time to try to help. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    The backstory is actually pretty horrifying too.  These girls were brought over with promises of real jobs, to become hookers by force.
    Yikes. Where did you find that info? I've just been seeing generic articles stating that Kraft has been charged...but not much else.

What a horrible thing. Human trafficking is the biggest global crisis that no one talks about. 

I'll say this, there's more to life than how your football team performs. The Patriots have been (rightly) getting praised for winning another Super Bowl, while the Steelers have been (rightly) getting criticism for the Antonio Brown drama. But while Kraft apparently has been contributing to human trafficking, Mike Tomlin has been fighting it: https://steelersdepot.com/2018/09/mike-tomlin-talks-traveling-to-haiti-to-fight-human-trafficking/
    I am unfortunately somewhat naive to it.  Obviously know it is a huge issue (and market here and other places), but not particularly aware of the extent.

Tomlin seems like a legit dude.
    I wasn't either until I saw a gut-wrenching documentary some years ago. There's literally children that are born into being sex-slaves. Six-year-old boys and girls that spend their days in captivity as they wait for the next predator low-life to come in and rape them. It's beyond atrocious. I have great respect for Tomlin donating his time to try to help. 
    Ugh...jesus.

Sooo, it reminds me of the El Chapo trial.  While I was never rooting for the guy, it almost seemed movie like.  Again, I know he was a horrible person who did horrible things, but you almost found some enjoyment in the trail and all the insane stories.  Then....they talk about how raping 13 year old girls as his "vitamins".  Fuuuuuuuck him and hang him.
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,170
    pjhawks said:
    The backstory is actually pretty horrifying too.  These girls were brought over with promises of real jobs, to become hookers by force.

can't wait to see all the Pats fans defending and/or denying this one.  you know they will...
    One already is in the Pats thread...
    Let's twist the truth Cliffy, eh?
    I didn't deny anything, just said he's not been accused of being part of a human trafficking ring as some folks reported earlier today, he is just accused of being a john. I doubt he knew that his "Masseuse" was being held against her will, same as the other johns who have been charged with solicitation. While Kraft and the other johns committed a crime, they have been charged with misdemeanors, the owners of the spas are the one charged with trafficking.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,120
    Cliffy6745 said:pjhawks said:

can't wait to see all the Pats fans defending and/or denying this one.  you know they will...
    You do the crime you do the time.....I'm just pissed it had to happen here in South Florida, my county Palm Beach County.

I can see the Patriots losing a 1st round pick or 2. Making him pay fine is a useless deterant.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

Poncier said:
    pjhawks said:

I didn't deny anything, just said he's not been accused of being part of a human trafficking ring as some folks reported earlier today, he is just accused of being a john. I doubt he knew that his "Masseuse" was being held against her will, same as the other johns who have been charged with solicitation. While Kraft and the other johns committed a crime, they have been charged with misdemeanors, the owners of the spas are the one charged with trafficking.
    Again, if you are creating a market for it, you are contributing to it.

Apparently there may be a bigger name to drop. Lotta athletes (Golfers!) in South Florida.
  • Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    Mr. Kraft just got off the phone with Boras asking him to announce Bryce's signing!
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    Good to know that at age 77 I might still care about shooting a load.

Might make me look at old people a little differently.  @Wobbie
    ewwwww
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • ed243421ed243421 Posts: 7,624
    Why were the victims forced to give the cops hours of video tape before this shop was shut down?

The whole world will be different soon... - EV
    RED ROCKS 6-19-95
    AUGUSTA 9-26-96
    MANSFIELD 9-15-98
    BOSTON 9-29-04
    BOSTON 5-25-06
    MANSFIELD 6-30-08
    EV SOLO BOSTON 8-01-08
    BOSTON 5-17-10
    EV SOLO BOSTON 6-16-11
    PJ20 9-3-11
    PJ20 9-4-11
    WRIGLEY 7-19-13
    WORCESTER 10-15-13
    WORCESTER 10-16-13
    HARTFORD 10-25-13

Poncier said:
    pjhawks said:

Apparently there may be a bigger name to drop. Lotta athletes (Golfers!) in South Florida.
    Shefter has said Kraft is not the biggest name involved, but the list that's out so far has nobody else of note.

Are any of these "spas" close to Mar a Lago?
  • Poncier said:
    Poncier said:
    pjhawks said:

Shefter has said Kraft is not the biggest name involved, but the list that's out so far has nobody else of note.

My first thought was Tiger Woods lol
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
    Poncier said:
    Poncier said:
    pjhawks said:

He lives close by, right?
    As does Michael Jordan I think.
    It's gotta be Tiger....or every other PGA tour player since they all live the Jup life.
  • g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,120
    Poncier said:
    Poncier said:
    pjhawks said:

He lives close by, right?
    As does Michael Jordan I think.
    They have very large houses in Jupiter and I wouldn't be surprised if either one of them is involved in some way 

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,015
    He’s on tape in the act according to cops

at least there wasn’t Pee involved

i think :)
    Watching sportscenter

video of Kraft with Trump, Les Moonves

waiting for him n R Kelly for the Trifecta
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    :lol:

Give Peas A Chance…
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,382
    :lol:

Kraft’s support of trump is way worse than this story.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22

• CROJAM95 said:

Hahaha! Hilarious.
    Worcester1 13, Worcester2 13, Hartford 13, San Diego 13, Los Angeles1 13, Los Angeles2 13
    Trieste 14, Vienna 14, Gdynia 14, Leeds 14, Milton Keynes 14, Denver 14
    Central Park 15
    Fort Lauderdale 16, Miami 16, Tampa 16, Jacksonville 16, Greenville 16, Hampton 16, Columbia 16, Lexington 16, Philly1 16, Philly2 16, NYC1 16, NYC2 16, Quebec City 16, Ottawa 16, Toronto1 16, Toronto2 16, Fenway1 16, Fenway2 16, Wrigley1 16, Wrigley2 16

Give Peas A Chance…
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,440
    He was in the place for 14 minutes according to reports.  This becomes a big problem for Kraft if the girls appear underage, otherwise I don't believe the authorities are coming after Kraft for anything related to trafficking. I may be wrong. 
    These places are all over the country.  One keeps trying to open in my town and they keep getting shut down. 
    Get_Right said:
    He was in the place for 14 minutes according to reports.  This becomes a big problem for Kraft if the girls appear underage, otherwise I don't believe the authorities are coming after Kraft for anything related to trafficking. I may be wrong. 
    These places are all over the country.  One keeps trying to open in my town and they keep getting shut down. 
    They love that there are high profile people involved, it will allow them to increase visibility and hopefully help others realize that supporting this "industry" is supporting human trafficking.
    14 minutes.  Very business-like.  :)
    Get_Right said:

14 minutes.  Very business-like.  :)
    A heck of a lot better than Rick Pitino. :)
  • Are Patriots fans any different than Steelers’ fans or Ravens’ Fans or Indy fans? No, they stick with their team through thick and thin. Just win baby.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,171
    Are Patriots fans any different than Steelers’ fans or Ravens’ Fans or Indy fans? No, they stick with their team through thick and thin. Just win baby.
    yes
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    Steelers and Ravens fans... let me just say if there is a downside from living halfway between both cities, it's having to put up with both of them.