Options

The National Football League

Comments

• Options
    VitalogensiaVitalogensia Posts: 1,935
    mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:
    FUCK YES. 7 SACKS. 2 INTs and a 14 point loss. Welcome to the AFC North you cocksucker piece of shit.
    Ha!
    Yeah, he looked crap this year.  

And Tomlin finishes above .500.....
    I'll admit as a Stiller fan that I didn't think they'd pull it out.  Now I know this roster seems legit, see how much they can build on it next year.
    Virginia Beach 2000; Pittsburgh 2000; Columbus 2003; D.C. 2003; Pittsburgh 2006; Virginia Beach 2008; Cleveland 2010; PJ20 2011; Pittsburgh 2013; Baltimore 2013; Charlottesville 2013; Charlotte 2013; Lincoln 2014; Moline 2014; St. Paul 2014; Greenville 2016; Hampton 2016; Lexington 2016; Wrigley 2016; Prague 2018; Krakow 2018; Berlin 2018; Fenway 2018; Camden 2022; St. Paul 2023
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,359
    mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:
    FUCK YES. 7 SACKS. 2 INTs and a 14 point loss. Welcome to the AFC North you cocksucker piece of shit.
    Ha!

I feel like he's really underrated for the amount of success that team's had since the mid 2000's.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,758
    mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:
    Ha!

16 years and never a losing record.  Amazing.
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,709
    This Kornaki thing is totally played out.  We get it,  you wear khakis and take Adderall.  Election night is enough. 
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,758
    mrussel1 said:
    This Kornaki thing is totally played out.  We get it,  you wear khakis and take Adderall.  Election night is enough. 
    Come on, you don't need to know that the Eagles have a 33% chance of winning the super bowl as the 1 seed?!?  The SNF pregame/halftime has become unwatchable.  Jason Garret is so fucking weird.
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,238
    Good to see A-A-Ron lose.  He’s gotta do more of his own research I guess. 
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,548
    wish the lions would have gotten in, rather than the seahags.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,547
    mrussel1 said:
    It's so silly and contrived.
  • Options
    Hi!Hi! Posts: 3,095

Detroit 2000, Detroit 2003 1-2, Grand Rapids VFC 2004, Philly 2005, Grand Rapids 2006, Detroit 2006, Cleveland 2006, Lollapalooza 2007, Detroit Eddie Solo 2011, Detroit 2014, Chicago 2016 1-2, Chicago 2018 1-2, Ohana Encore 2021 1-2, Chicago Eddie/Earthlings 2022 1-2, Nashville 2022, St. Louis 2022

• Options
    CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,272
    Aaron didn’t want the 49ers to oust him again

rather not take an unnecessary flight
  • Options
    mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:
    Ha!

I feel like he's really underrated for the amount of success that team's had since the mid 2000's.
    Thing is a lot of Steelers fans don't recognize this, and instead focus on him "only" have one Super Bowl title.  
    Virginia Beach 2000; Pittsburgh 2000; Columbus 2003; D.C. 2003; Pittsburgh 2006; Virginia Beach 2008; Cleveland 2010; PJ20 2011; Pittsburgh 2013; Baltimore 2013; Charlottesville 2013; Charlotte 2013; Lincoln 2014; Moline 2014; St. Paul 2014; Greenville 2016; Hampton 2016; Lexington 2016; Wrigley 2016; Prague 2018; Krakow 2018; Berlin 2018; Fenway 2018; Camden 2022; St. Paul 2023
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,276
    mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:
    Ha!

Thing is a lot of Steelers fans don't recognize this, and instead focus on him "only" have one Super Bowl title.  
    Is the goal to win championships or to finish above .500?
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    ed243421ed243421 Posts: 7,636

The whole world will be different soon... - EV
    RED ROCKS 6-19-95
    AUGUSTA 9-26-96
    MANSFIELD 9-15-98
    BOSTON 9-29-04
    BOSTON 5-25-06
    MANSFIELD 6-30-08
    EV SOLO BOSTON 8-01-08
    BOSTON 5-17-10
    EV SOLO BOSTON 6-16-11
    PJ20 9-3-11
    PJ20 9-4-11
    WRIGLEY 7-19-13
    WORCESTER 10-15-13
    WORCESTER 10-16-13
    HARTFORD 10-25-13

• Options
    mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:
    Ha!

I hate the Steelers and respect Tomlin.  He's a good coach that gets his team to play hard every week.  They also generally play with discipline and don't beat themselves.  
  • Options
    edited January 2023

I go back & forth on Tomlin... I think Terry Bradshaw wasn't far off the mark when he called him a glorified cheerleader... he's great w/ the players, he managed to keep Antonio Brown under wraps for all those years... no small feat right there, but OTOH, they are routinely stacked w/ talent, and what has he been able to do with it? It's been what, 12 years since they went to the Super Bowl and 14 since they won it? 

He's a top ten coach in the league, but IMO that's more a reflection of the rest of the league than Tomlin's skills as a HC. 
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,996
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:
    Ha!

I hate the Steelers and respect Tomlin.  He's a good coach that gets his team to play hard every week.  They also generally play with discipline and don't beat themselves.  

maybe DW should have considered just beating himself instead
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    mickeyrat said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:
    Ha!

• Options

I go back & forth on Tomlin... I think Terry Bradshaw wasn't far off the mark when he called him a glorified cheerleader... he's great w/ the players, he managed to keep Antonio Brown under wraps for all those years... no small feat right there, but OTOH, they are routinely stacked w/ talent, and what has he been able to do with it? It's been what, 12 years since they went to the Super Bowl and 14 since they won it? 

He's a top ten coach in the league, but IMO that's more a reflection of the rest of the league than Tomlin's skills as a HC. 
    The whole organization is top notch.  Very well run top to bottom.

Tomlin is a good coach though I won't take anything away from him.
  • Options
    mickeyrat said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:
    Ha!

Que?
  • Options
    Poncier said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:
    Ha!

Is the goal to win championships or to finish above .500?
    Win championships, of course. 
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,612
    Tomlin is good.  Players like and respect him.  He manages a good football program.  He has won a title.  Enjoy the stability.  A huge step is to be able to remain competitive and in the conversation before getting hot/lucky and winning 2-3 playoff games and the Superbowl.  Even in a transition year they were 9-8.  

• Options
    Did anyone watch that Bills game?  Josh Allen is so damn good.

Is A-Aron done now?  Does he come back next year and play?
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 18,007
    I don't have NFL ticket so I had to suffer through the Colts/Texans game until it was over. Then I got to see the last of the Bengals game.

It was fitting that the Colts lost that game. I hope they get a coach so they can start rebuilding. What a fucking mess.

Indy sports writers are saying that Irsay (the owner....the guy that has been busted a few times with prescription drugs) was inserting himself into internal decisions normally left up to the coach. That's going to make it hard to get anyone new unless he agrees to back off.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    I don't have NFL ticket so I had to suffer through the Colts/Texans game until it was over. Then I got to see the last of the Bengals game.

It was fitting that the Colts lost that game. I hope they get a coach so they can start rebuilding. What a fucking mess.

Indy sports writers are saying that Irsay (the owner....the guy that has been busted a few times with prescription drugs) was inserting himself into internal decisions normally left up to the coach. That's going to make it hard to get anyone new unless he agrees to back off.
    How Irsay is still an owner is beyond me.
  • Options

Are you hearing Harbaugh?  When he says "I expect to enthusiastically coach the Wolverines next year", that tells me he is job hunting. 
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,996
    mrussel1 said:

Are you hearing Harbaugh?  When he says "I expect to enthusiastically coach the Wolverines next year", that tells me he is job hunting. 

you mean sanctions avoiding.....
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,359
    I can't imagine being a Texans fan. That had to be excruciating to watch yesterday. Lovie didn't give a shit...then gets fired hours later. lol
    Oh man
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    mickeyrat said:
    mrussel1 said:

you mean sanctions avoiding.....
    Maybe, but good.  I'm growing tired of him. 
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 18,007
    mrussel1 said:

Yes....They used to call him "Captain Comeback" here.

He clearly knows Irsay so the question will be whether or not Irsay will let someone else run the show.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,684
    mickeyrat said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:
    Ha!

Haha.

The love he receives is the love that is saved