Options

The National Football League

Comments

• Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,435
    I thought this season was the first 17 game season. But it was last year.  Weird
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,652
    Wobbie said:
    How good does Purdys game look after this vomit inducing 1st half from Lawrence.
    Football is a tough sport - Lawrence is very good but looks like he is lost out there.
    what becomes of the niners’ QB situation, F’me? 
    No idea.  They let Jimmy G go and have a good situation,  cap wise, at qb....but do they have a qb they love?  
    Don't know.
    Qb is such a tough position.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,501
    Wobbie said:
    How good does Purdys game look after this vomit inducing 1st half from Lawrence.
    Football is a tough sport - Lawrence is very good but looks like he is lost out there.
    No idea.  They let Jimmy G go and have a good situation,  cap wise, at qb....but do they have a qb they love?  
    Don't know.
    yeah, two guys on rookie deals would be a good situation. I guess training camp and preseason brings clarity but right now I think Purdy is QB1.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,652
    Wobbie said:
    Wobbie said:
    Don't know.
    yeah, two guys on rookie deals would be a good situation. I guess training camp and preseason brings clarity but right now I think Purdy is QB1.
    Beat the Cowboys or the Bradys/officials and get a game further.  Don't worry about anything else....
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,181
    Eli apple

how the fuck does  he still receive nfl checks?

my god he’s awful
  • Options
    rooting for cincy, but that was a total block in the back on that fumble return.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    bengals gonna have to play better next week.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,251
    Thankfully don't have to look at Harbaugh's face anymore this season.
    Great clock management there at the end.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,315
    Hard to think of a bigger fraudulent team in recent memory than this year's Vikings. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,213
    Hard to think of a bigger fraudulent team in recent memory than this year's Vikings. 
    Cowboys every year? 
  • Options
    CROJAM95 said:
    Eli apple

my god he’s awful
    He's regarded as one of the better corners in the league. But he has bad days.  
  • Options
    Pittsburgh a few years ago when they were 11-0.
  • Options
    Clock management or lack there of by Miami was unbelievable.  WTH was wrong w them?  They very well should have beaten Cincy.  Damn they played bad.

To come back from 27-0.  The Jaguars weren't as good as the play calling by the Chargers was bad.

Giants and Jones played really well.  Good for them.  I feel bad for Cousins though.  His record for big time games still stinks.
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,315
    Pittsburgh a few years ago when they were 11-0.
    That's a good one. But I doubt there has ever been a 13 win team who had a negative point differential. They were obvious frauds since September. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,181
    CROJAM95 said:
    Eli apple

my god he’s awful
    He's regarded as one of the better corners in the league. But he has bad days.  

With what happened during his Giant days (his mom stuff)

smoked in super bowl
    bit on that double move last nigh BAD

bunch of other mishaps 

he doesn’t hold up… like scotch tape 

• Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,986
    edited January 2023
    I absolutely about shit myself last night when Hubbard ran that fumble back. I was bummed that the Ravens had gained momentum and were likely going to get the score advantage. Just an unbelievable circumstance.

And it was not a block in the back....dude barely touched him

And then the whole final series by the Ravens nearly gave me a heart attack. Huntley did very well. No one expected the game to be that close.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    pjhawks said:
    Cowboys every year? 
    hey, now!

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,251
    Clock management or lack there of by Miami was unbelievable.  WTH was wrong w them?  They very well should have beaten Cincy.  Damn they played bad.

????
    Miami didn't play Cincy.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    I absolutely about shit myself last night when Hubbard ran that fumble back. I was bummed that the Ravens had gained momentum and were likely going to get the score advantage. Just an unbelievable circumstance.

And then the whole final series by the Ravens nearly gave me a heart attack. Huntley did very well. No one expected the game to be that close.
    Andrews was closing fast….Hubbard either didn’t know or was gassed….if Cincy only gets a FG there, it probably goes to OT.

I was very conflicted…I’ve always hated the ravens, due to the stabby connection but I was rooting for huntley…undrafted FA from utah who I’m sure the jets wish they had, rather than their #2 overall momma’s boy pick from that school down the road.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Wobbie said:

Andrews was closing fast….Hubbard either didn’t know or was gassed….if Cincy only gets a FG there, it probably goes to OT.

I was very conflicted…I’ve always hated the ravens, due to the stabby connection but I was rooting for huntley…undrafted FA from utah who I’m sure the jets wish they had, rather than their #2 overall momma’s boy pick from that school down the road.
    Huntley was impressive for sure. Their defense kicked ass as well. Not sure why it took so long for our defense to come around but they made it work.

I grew up in OH so I've been a Bengals fan forever. These last few years have been pretty emotional since they have sucked for so long. It's nice seeing them be so competitive again.

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options

To come back from 27-0.  The Jaguars weren't as good as the play calling by the Chargers was bad.

Giants and Jones played really well.  Good for them.  I feel bad for Cousins though.  His record for big time games still stinks.
    You must have meant that Miami should have beaten the Bills but yeah....who would have guessed that it would have been that close

• Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,678
    Wobbie said:

Huntley was impressive for sure. Their defense kicked ass as well. Not sure why it took so long for our defense to come around but they made it work.

I grew up in OH so I've been a Bengals fan forever. These last few years have been pretty emotional since they have sucked for so long. It's nice seeing them be so competitive again.
    If you grew up in Ohio, you should be a Browns fan.  Cincy is just Kentucky.  Although I do appreciate how many Buckeyes are on the Bengals.

I hate both those teams but I was rooting for the Ravens, with the presumption that they would most likely lose the following week. But now I realize that Lamar could have come back the following week and won, which would have sucked.  

Credit goes to the Ravens coaching staff, as usual.  I think Harbaugh gets the most out of his players each week, and they game plan as well as anyone.  He's a top 3 coach (Belichick, Harbaugh, maybe Vrabel/Tomlin). 
  • Options
    Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Philly Posts: 10,496
    Yeah a lot of us knew the Vikings stunk (since the Eagles walloped them in MNF Week 2). Let's look at Exhibit 1. They are gifted Justin Jefferson by Howie Rosen outsmarting himself and drafting the dreadful Jalen Reagor ahead of Jefferson in 2020. The Eagles smarten up and just let the guy go (maybe they even got a draft pick for him - who cares). Minnesota goes out and picks the guy up and he was wrecking their offensive game plans, with a lot of responsibility for their being down 33 to the Colts. All you had to do was watch the film to know but they're like "well he's a 'first rounder' let's see how it goes".

And Cousins throws that stupid 3 yard pass on 4th & 8. Yeah you'll get the first down next year dude. He's Sam Bradford - a stats-loaded loser.

Dumb - they deserved to lose.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13;
    WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16;
    Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; SeaHearNow Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    Wobbie said:

If you grew up in Ohio, you should be a Browns fan.  Cincy is just Kentucky.  Although I do appreciate how many Buckeyes are on the Bengals.

I hate both those teams but I was rooting for the Ravens, with the presumption that they would most likely lose the following week. But now I realize that Lamar could have come back the following week and won, which would have sucked.  

Credit goes to the Ravens coaching staff, as usual.  I think Harbaugh gets the most out of his players each week, and they game plan as well as anyone.  He's a top 3 coach (Belichick, Harbaugh, maybe Vrabel/Tomlin). 
    Yeah he's a great coach.

I grew up in Greenville, OH which isn't too far from Cincinnati. Big Reds/Bengals area.  Nothing against the Browns...they just were never on TV in our market. 

• Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,882
    mrussel1 said:
    Wobbie said:

being from Ohio means to cheer for a winner,  you look to I-70 east to I-79 North. Steel City......
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Philly Posts: 10,496
    People growing up in Ohio: you really can't blame them if they became Steelers fans.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13;
    WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16;
    Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; SeaHearNow Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Options
    People growing up in Ohio: you really can't blame them if they became Steelers fans.
    If they grew up in eastern OH sure....fucking Cleveland isn't even that far from Pittsburgh. OH is huge.

• Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,678
    Yeah you can, it's called fair weather.  Are they Michigan fans too because they had a good run in the 90s?  That's weak.  

And being from Ohio does NOT mean you cheer for a winner.  It means you live in misery 9 months out of the year and stare at the cold, gray sky.  

Mick - are you all in on the Pirates too?  Or are you Steelers, Yankees, Red Wings, Celtics?
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,065
    edited January 2023
    Poncier said:

????
    Miami didn't play Cincy.
    Brain fart, had Cincy on my mind, Bills.  You know what I meant...But that's what you got out of that?
  • Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,435
    Wait. You are not allowed to block on the fumble return?
    I miss igotid88