Options

The National Football League

Comments

• Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,652
    People growing up in Ohio: you really can't blame them if they became Steelers fans.
    Or Cincy fans.
    Big Red Machine...and then World Series in 1990.  
    Bengals make super bowl in 80s, 90s, and 2020s.

Cleveland had LeBron, gotta give them that.  
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    igotid88 said:
    Wait. You are not allowed to block on the fumble return?
    When I first watched I wondered if they were going to call it or not but Bell hit him from the side and as the Ravens defender Andrews went down Bells hand was on his back.  It wasn't a block in the back.

That Andrews guy was friggin fast too.

• Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,986
    igotid88 said:
    Wait. You are not allowed to block on the fumble return?
    Not from the back...lots of discussion on this but it does seem like the block was initiated from the side and he just followed through
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options

Not saying he's right but here's an explanation

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,501
    mrussel1 said:
    Wobbie said:
    I absolutely about shit myself last night when Hubbard ran that fumble back. I was bummed that the Ravens had gained momentum and were likely going to get the score advantage. Just an unbelievable circumstance.

And it was not a block in the back....dude barely touched him

And then the whole final series by the Ravens nearly gave me a heart attack. Huntley did very well. No one expected the game to be that close.
    Andrews was closing fast….Hubbard either didn’t know or was gassed….if Cincy only gets a FG there, it probably goes to OT.

I was very conflicted…I’ve always hated the ravens, due to the stabby connection but I was rooting for huntley…undrafted FA from utah who I’m sure the jets wish they had, rather than their #2 overall momma’s boy pick from that school down the road.
    Huntley was impressive for sure. Their defense kicked ass as well. Not sure why it took so long for our defense to come around but they made it work.

I grew up in OH so I've been a Bengals fan forever. These last few years have been pretty emotional since they have sucked for so long. It's nice seeing them be so competitive again.
    If you grew up in Ohio, you should be a Browns fan.  Cincy is just Kentucky.  Although I do appreciate how many Buckeyes are on the Bengals.

I grew up in Ohio and HATED the Browns...of course, I'm so old I remember when the Browns were an NFL powerhouse. I really liked the Bengals when they came on the scene...ken anderson, paul robinson, boobie clark, ickey....

If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,678
    Wobbie said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Wobbie said:
    I absolutely about shit myself last night when Hubbard ran that fumble back. I was bummed that the Ravens had gained momentum and were likely going to get the score advantage. Just an unbelievable circumstance.

And then the whole final series by the Ravens nearly gave me a heart attack. Huntley did very well. No one expected the game to be that close.
    Andrews was closing fast….Hubbard either didn’t know or was gassed….if Cincy only gets a FG there, it probably goes to OT.

I was very conflicted…I’ve always hated the ravens, due to the stabby connection but I was rooting for huntley…undrafted FA from utah who I’m sure the jets wish they had, rather than their #2 overall momma’s boy pick from that school down the road.
    Huntley was impressive for sure. Their defense kicked ass as well. Not sure why it took so long for our defense to come around but they made it work.

I grew up in OH so I've been a Bengals fan forever. These last few years have been pretty emotional since they have sucked for so long. It's nice seeing them be so competitive again.
    If you grew up in Ohio, you should be a Browns fan.  Cincy is just Kentucky.  Although I do appreciate how many Buckeyes are on the Bengals.

I grew up in Ohio and HATED the Browns...of course, I'm so old I remember when the Browns were an NFL powerhouse. I really liked the Bengals when they came on the scene...ken anderson, paul robinson, boobie clark, ickey....

Where in Ohio?
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,881
    edited January 2023
    mrussel1 said:
    People growing up in Ohio: you really can't blame them if they became Steelers fans.
    Yeah you can, it's called fair weather.  Are they Michigan fans too because they had a good run in the 90s?  That's weak.  

And being from Ohio does NOT mean you cheer for a winner.  It means you live in misery 9 months out of the year and stare at the cold, gray sky.  

Mick - are you all in on the Pirates too?  Or are you Steelers, Yankees, Red Wings, Celtics?
    Pirates as a kid.

Little league ball. played 7 years. 5 of which I was on the Pirates. Youth football. Vikings but Black and Gold.
    YMCA soccer. spring and fall 7 seasons. Stingers. Black and Gold. MLS Columbus Crew BLACK AND GOLD.

Steelers and me go back to their first SB game against the Cowboys. Older brother is still into The Girls.  Suffered the 80's until Cower turned em back around......

I follow the Blue Jackets somewhat, hometown team and all. Fun to experience live going back to ACHL Columbus Chill.
    Post edited by mickeyrat on
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,251
    mrussel1 said:
    Wobbie said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Wobbie said:

Where in Ohio?
    Had to be Marietta;

The settling of Ohio began in 1788 with the arrival of 48 members of an expedition sponsored by the Ohio Company, who purchased more than one and a half million acres of the Northwest Territory from Congress. They chose what would become the city of Marietta, on the Ohio River, as their first settlement.

Ohio Becomes a State - Ohio Secretary of State (ohiosos.gov)

Wob and his 47 friends

This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    mickeyrat said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Yeah you can, it's called fair weather.  Are they Michigan fans too because they had a good run in the 90s?  That's weak.  

And being from Ohio does NOT mean you cheer for a winner.  It means you live in misery 9 months out of the year and stare at the cold, gray sky.  

Mick - are you all in on the Pirates too?  Or are you Steelers, Yankees, Red Wings, Celtics?
    Pirates as a kid.

Little league ball. played 7 years. 5 of which I was on the Pirates. Youth football. Vikings but Black and Gold.
    YMCA soccer. spring and fall 7 seasons. Stingers. Black and Gold. MLS Columbus Crew BLACK AND GOLD.

Steelers and me go back to their first SB game against the Cowboys. Older brother is still into The Girls.  Suffered the 80's until Cower turned em back around......

I follow the Blue Jackets somewhat, hometown team and all. Fun to experience live going back to ACHL Columbus Chill.
    I have to ask....do you like Skyline Chili?

• Options
    mickeyrat said:
    mrussel1 said:

Pirates as a kid.

that would be no.
    West Virginia Slaw Dogs...... kick the shit out of that garbage chain.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,612
    That would have been a cruel loss for the bills.  The game seemed like it should have been 40-7, yet the Bills kept out-thinking themselves and gifting the Dolphins points.  A lot of near-miss big plays too that were either dropped or overturned
  • Options
    mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mrussel1 said:

Pirates as a kid.

that would be no.
    See, you guys are all into shit from Kentucky and West Virginia.  True Ohioans love the following:

1. Paninis from Panini's 
    2. Pierogies
    3. Roman Burgers from Mr. Hero
    4. Gyros from any roadside stand outside a bar at 2 AM
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mrussel1 said:

Pirates as a kid.

that would be no.
    See, you guys are all into shit from Kentucky and West Virginia.  True Ohioans love the following:

1. Paninis from Panini's 
    2. Pierogies
    Maid Rite in Greenville, OH
    Cassano's Pizza King

and yeah....I can't understand the attraction to Skyline. 

• Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mrussel1 said:

Pirates as a kid.

that would be no.

1. Paninis from Panini's 
    2. Pierogies
    Cassano's Pizza King

You guys didn't have pierogs down there in Cincy, did you?  That baffles me as it's a stable of the diet up in NE Ohio.  Bunch of friggin' Germans down there.  
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mrussel1 said:

Pirates as a kid.

that would be no.

1. Paninis from Panini's 
    2. Pierogies

WVa connection is through my mother. Born , raised and still live in Columbus. We dont have those kinds of ethnic pockets here. Athough we do have plenty of ethnic restaurants from various countries. You can get a damn good taco or mexican street food from food trucks.

• Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mrussel1 said:

Pirates as a kid.

that would be no.

1. Paninis from Panini's 
    2. Pierogies
    Cassano's Pizza King

You guys didn't have pierogs down there in Cincy, did you?  That baffles me as it's a stable of the diet up in NE Ohio.  Bunch of friggin' Germans down there.  
    I don't remember that being a big thing. I thought it was more of a Polish thing though.

• Options
    mickeyrat said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mrussel1 said:

Pirates as a kid.

that would be no.

1. Paninis from Panini's 
    2. Pierogies

WVa connection is through my mother. Born , raised and still live in Columbus. We dont have those kinds of ethnic pockets here. Athough we do have plenty of ethnic restaurants from various countries. You can get a damn good taco or mexican street food from food trucks.
    I think there are a few Mr. Hero's down in Columbus.  I highly recommend a Roman Burger so long as you don't have any pre-existing heart conditions.  
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    Wobbie said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Wobbie said:

Where in Ohio?
    just north of Columbus. Ever been to Villa Nova? I fucking love that place!

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Blue Jackets suck right now. I remember the Columbus Checkers and the baseball Jets.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Wobbie said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Wobbie said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Wobbie said:

Where in Ohio?
    just north of Columbus. Ever been to Villa Nova? I fucking love that place!
    There's a Villa Nova in Charlottesville, near Monticello.  Wonder if it's related?  I have never been to the one in Columbus to my knowledge.  Have been to a few pizza joints around Dublin. 
  • Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,435
    Is there anyway for both these teams to lose today?
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    Has a kicker ever been cut at halftime of a playoff game before?
  • Options
    Brady given 3 points of course.
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,181
    I love the nfc final 4

old school teams

afc great too, Jax a step behind but still fun team

• Options
    CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,181
    Wow

4 🤦‍♂️
  • Options
    Poncier said:
    Has a kicker ever been cut at halftime of a playoff game before?
    Clearly, he should have been.
    Wow. I could miss 4 straight PATs.
  • Options
    game on the line. you can tie with a field goal. or you go for it to win.

THAT guy is your kicker. what do you do

• Options
    It's like he needed a good coach or something 
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,652
    So sad, Tommy Gravy, bye-bye!

Battle Royale with 49ers Cowboys.  Sure they want payback for last year....come and get it Dak!  
    Gonna be a close one,  I think.  If Brock can stay away from turnovers I think Niners Nail Em.

The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    mickeyrat said:
    game on the line. you can tie with a field goal. or you go for it to win.

THAT guy is your kicker. what do you do
    Punt.