Options

The National Football League

Comments

• Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,836
    I have a cousin that says this was caused by the vaccine...
    saw that "died suddendly" (yes, they spelled the fucking hashtag incorrectly) started trending again after this happened. He isn't alone in thinking that. it's really quite something. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,181
    dont worry, some on the right have already tweeted this

Wheres John Stockton? He swears up and down that thousands of athletes worldwide died due to the vaccine

I always thought he looked smart, oops
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    You also have a cousin who is a moron.  No offense.
    I'm not offended, he is, lol.
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,516
    edited January 2023

I have co-workers who think masks don't work and that covid is a hoax but at the same time also a good reason not to let immigrants into the country. 

Fun stuff. 
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,678

I have co-workers who think masks don't work and that covid is a hoax but at the same time also a good reason not to let immigrants into the country. 

Fun stuff. 
    Right, don't forget that the Chinese and Fauci unleashed a deadly virus on the world that is no more harmful than a cold.  And the election was stolen but evidently Republicans are so inept that the Democrats get away with it each time.  

For real, I've seen cardios say it was likely commotio cordis.  It's where a blow to the heart happens in between beats and causes the heart to stop beating.  It happens to youth baseball players and lacrosse as well.  It's like a freak accident.  
  • Options

Fun stuff. 
    Not going to ruin this thread with politics, lol.  

I figured everyone would get a kick out of his thoughts.
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,017
    mace1229 said:
    I’m a little surprised there haven’t been any updates on his condition since about an hour after it happened last night. At least I haven’t seen any.
    I saw something within the last half hour that stated he is still critical. I'll see if I can find it.

From the Bills...
    Yeah, that’s been the case since about an hour after it happened. All I’ve seen was his heart stopped after the hit, they got it going on the field and he’s been sedated since.
    i thought this morning they’d be sharing more, like how long it took to get his heart going, what is the likely hood of a full recovery, etc.
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

Fun stuff. 
    Right, don't forget that the Chinese and Fauci unleashed a deadly virus on the world that is no more harmful than a cold.  And the election was stolen but evidently Republicans are so inept that the Democrats get away with it each time.  

For real, I've seen cardios say it was likely commotio cordis.  It's where a blow to the heart happens in between beats and causes the heart to stop beating.  It happens to youth baseball players and lacrosse as well.  It's like a freak accident.  
    I also heard commotio cordus suggested & about a few examples of it over the last 20 years. Weird to hear things like this happened before the covid vaccine. 
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

Fun stuff. 

I also heard commotio cordus suggested & about a few examples of it over the last 20 years. Weird to hear things like this happened before the covid vaccine. 
    oh I've already seen people on twitter saying "a baseball hits 10x harder than a football tackle! no way this isn't the vax". There's no fucking reasoning with brain deads. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    mrussel1 said:

Fun stuff. 

oh I've already seen people on twitter saying "a baseball hits 10x harder than a football tackle! no way this isn't the vax". There's no fucking reasoning with brain deads. 
    A baseball has done this.  Hockey puck did too.
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

Fun stuff. 

that's the anti vaxxers point. that a baseball can do it; a football tackle, not so much. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    mrussel1 said:

Fun stuff. 

that's the anti vaxxers point. that a baseball can do it; a football tackle, not so much. 
    In fairness, they tend to be experts on lots of things.  Over the past year, they have become experts on vaccines, election law, and Eastern European geopolitics and military strategy.  So give them credit.  
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

Fun stuff. 

In fairness, they tend to be experts on lots of things.  Over the past year, they have become experts on vaccines, election law, and Eastern European geopolitics and military strategy.  So give them credit.  
    Twitter University Degree. It's coming. 

seriously, these people arguing with doctors. it's just...unfathomable. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    Damar got the life knocked out of him. The players all saw one of their own not wake up on the field, even after medical treatment. Even when players get carted off with severe injuries they give a wave or a high five. Not this time and the millions of people watching thought they just witnessed a fatal injury on a football field. Horrific. The NFL will keep chugging along though.     
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

Fun stuff. 

It’s all so fucking exhausting. 
  • Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,412
    Some shmuck on FB posted something to the effect of, “when has this happened to young healthy athletes?” I posted the list of deaths of active NFL players from Wikipedia, which included more cardiac events than I would’ve guessed. Any guesses on how they was received? 

How about entertaining that  it was C19 related and the you’re like 7x more likely to develop issues with the actual viruses over the vax? 
  • Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,412
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

Fun stuff. 

They’re in on it. Didn’t you know? It’s the only reason they’ve dedicated a decade of schooling + countless hours deepening their knowledge. All to get Trump out of office.

I fully expected the nutters to go that route but it’s despicable how quickly they did it….mere minutes…and the threads they were poisoning…one from the dude’s business manager/friend when he offered the first update and they join right in as soon as any official update is posted. 
  • Options
    Fucker Carlson called the team medical personnel that immediately responded, “witch doctors,” as if they’re glorified EMTs with little to no training and then speculated how is it that we don’t know that it could be Covid vaccine related because “they’re not telling us anything!”

Whole fucking world and everything that happens in it is a conspiracy, Fucker. Good lord is this nation doomed.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
    Still on a ventilator.  
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

Fun stuff. 

lol, I'm still laughing at this! HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!
  • Options
    ikiT said:
    Still on a ventilator.  
    Last night his uncle said that he had to be resuscitated a second time at the hospital.  
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,315
    What do you think they will do with the game now?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,612
    if I had to guess, Id say it just will not be played and seeding will be done by win %

It just doesnt seem feasible to play at any point this late in the season.
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,986
    MayDay10 said:
    if I had to guess, Id say it just will not be played and seeding will be done by win %

Yeah I don't see a replay happening. I would assume they call it a Bengals win since they each had a possession.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,315
    MayDay10 said:

Yeah I don't see a replay happening. I would assume they call it a Bengals win since they each had a possession.
    I don't think that would be fair at all. I guess win % makes sense but I'd assume that would take a vote by all teams?

Also I heard people talking of postponing all games this week and then only having 1 week off before the Super Bowl...
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    MayDay10 said:

I don't think that would be fair at all. I guess win % makes sense but I'd assume that would take a vote by all teams?

Also I heard people talking of postponing all games this week and then only having 1 week off before the Super Bowl...

I feel like the logistics of pushing everything out a week will be more trouble than it's worth.

Call the game a wash... let those two teams play 16 games and base the seeding on win percentage. 

At the end of the day, I don't think there's any way to proceed and keep all parties satisfied. 
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,612
    No way they award a win or loss for that game.  Partial, forfeit, whatever.  Would be a bad, unclean, unfair look no matter what they did.  

IMO the easiest and cleanest (and safest) thing is have the 2 teams end at 16 games.  It will all but gift the Chiefs the #1 seed, but it is probably the best solution.

The best fan-made solution I have heard is add an 8th playoff team in the AFC and lose the bye.  You also give ESPN their premium game back in the form of a playoff game.  This is kind of an unclean and clunky solution though I dont see the NFL doing.
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    ikiT said:
    Still on a ventilator.  
    Last night his uncle said that he had to be resuscitated a second time at the hospital.  
    Read that.  I hope he wasn't without oxygen for too long.
    Really hoping he makes it out of there healthy.
  • Options
    MayDay10 said:

I feel like the logistics of pushing everything out a week will be more trouble than it's worth.

Call the game a wash... let those two teams play 16 games and base the seeding on win percentage. 

At the end of the day, I don't think there's any way to proceed and keep all parties satisfied. 
    Best case scenario.  I don't love it but it's best case.
  • Options
    MayDay10 said:

Best case scenario.  I don't love it but it's best case.
    Yeah, I think that's the thing... there's probably no path forward that will satisfy everyone, if anyone at all.