The Pizza Thread

Comments

• mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    SpirituaI Chaos et al..i think that might be called tzatziki not tartar sauce...big difference...
    That’s a huge difference!  I love tazatiki sauce on gyros. 
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,015
    edited January 2019
    Upside down pan Sicilian  for the games today

chicken roll & the best knots I’ve ever had
    Post edited by CROJAM95 on
  • SpirituaI Chaos et al..i think that might be called tzatziki not tartar sauce...big difference...
    Tzatziki has no place in the polish/czech kitchen... 
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    CROJAM95 said:

That upside looks killer!  Are you in pa?
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,926
    mcgruff10 said:
    CROJAM95 said:

That upside looks killer!  Are you in pa?
    Yes it does. I want one of those...badly. 
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,015
    Northport, Long Island 
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:

What the gawddamn hell is that?

My guess is moussaka?
    It's fried cheddar cheese, with tartar sauce and various root-crops (if that is the word?). And next to is a Norrlands Guld (The Gold of the northern) beer.

Interesting.
    He lost me with the tartar sauce. 
    What is your experience with tartar sauce?
    It is disgusting. I can’t inagine putting it on cheese. 
    I don't know what else you would use it for... but at the polish and the checz restaurant in town it's synonymous with the fried cheese. 

But yeah, okey. Get it. 

It was tasty though. The five beers too.
    In the US, tartar sauce complements fried fish filets.
  • Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
    SpirituaI Chaos et al..i think that might be called tzatziki not tartar sauce...big difference...
    Tzatziki has no place in the polish/czech kitchen... 
    Why now you don't Tzatziki'ing
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
    edited January 2019
    Post edited by mcgruff10 on
    mcgruff10 said:
    A lot of amazing looking pies there.  Do you agree with the writer on best pie in your county? 
    bbiggs said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    A lot of amazing looking pies there.  Do you agree with the writer on best pie in your county? 
    I live in Monmouth county and have never been to the winner but have gotten pizza at both runner ups many times.  Ocean county winner/best in the state is 8 minutes away (Brooklyn square). I’ve also been to Mercer county winner and runner up (papa s) several times.   
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    edited January 2019
    PJ_Soul said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    I think Unsung gets the Archie Bunker nod.

You'll have to be Mr. Furley.
    I picture you to be a combination of George Constanza and Dwight Schrute.
    If that is true, I need to hang out with Thirty stat.
    allie/y/iey I went to a new liquor store today and again could not find any bc pinot gris.  The search continues.
    I'll be shocked if you find it! I couldn't find it in Seattle, which is only maybe 150 miles from the BC border. So it seems unlikely that you're going to be able to find it in Jersey!
    I'm on a mission.  I will find it!!!!!!!
    Don’t look in Alberta lol.
    Yeah, you might even get an earful if you just ask the clerk where to find it in Alberta. :lol:
    Alberta and bc don’t like each other?
    No, we've been fighting, lol. Alberta wants us to stop fighting against having another huge oil pipeline from their tar sands, right through the province, to the ocean in Vancouver. They think we are being selfish and a pain in the ass. So the silly AB premier tried to boycott BC wine, lol. Just as a fuck you. Punishment for trying to block the pipeline. Nobody in BC cared though. We all just started buying more BC wine ourselves to make up for it. It's why I now only buy BC wine.
    Why are you not blaming Mr. Dressup?  The pipeline that he paid 4.5 billion for.
    I do blame Trudeau (i reject your stupid name for him). But he has nothing to do with the BC/AB wine thing, which is what we were talking about. That's all Notley being mad at Horgan. I know blind Trudeau haters have trouble staying on topic, but at least try.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:

My guess is moussaka?
    It's fried cheddar cheese, with tartar sauce and various root-crops (if that is the word?). And next to is a Norrlands Guld (The Gold of the northern) beer.

Interesting.
    I don't know what else you would use it for... but at the polish and the checz restaurant in town it's synonymous with the fried cheese. 

But yeah, okey. Get it. 

Yeah, that is its only proper use as far as I know.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    I think Unsung gets the Archie Bunker nod.

You'll have to be Mr. Furley.
    I picture you to be a combination of George Constanza and Dwight Schrute.
    If that is true, I need to hang out with Thirty stat.
    allie/y/iey I went to a new liquor store today and again could not find any bc pinot gris.  The search continues.
    I'll be shocked if you find it! I couldn't find it in Seattle, which is only maybe 150 miles from the BC border. So it seems unlikely that you're going to be able to find it in Jersey!
    I'm on a mission.  I will find it!!!!!!!
    Don’t look in Alberta lol.
    Yeah, you might even get an earful if you just ask the clerk where to find it in Alberta. :lol:
    Alberta and bc don’t like each other?
    No, we've been fighting, lol. Alberta wants us to stop fighting against having another huge oil pipeline from their tar sands, right through the province, to the ocean in Vancouver. They think we are being selfish and a pain in the ass. So the silly AB premier tried to boycott BC wine, lol. Just as a fuck you. Punishment for trying to block the pipeline. Nobody in BC cared though. We all just started buying more BC wine ourselves to make up for it. It's why I now only buy BC wine.
    Why are you not blaming Mr. Dressup?  The pipeline that he paid 4.5 billion for.
    I do blame Trudeau (i reject your stupid name for him). But he has nothing to do with the BC/AB wine thing, which is what we were talking about. That's all Notley being mad at Horgan. I know blind Trudeau haters have trouble staying on topic, but at least try.
    The wine thing started because Nutley is upset with BC because she feels they are blocking the pipeline when in reality she should be pissed at Mr. Dressup and herself for ever thinking a social contract was ever going to appease BC to get a pipeline built and to ever think the federal government in Canada will ever get a pipeline to the coast built anytime in the near future.
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • PJ_Soul said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:

My guess is moussaka?

Interesting.

But yeah, okey. Get it. 

Yeah, that is its only proper use as far as I know.
    I don't know if the sauces are different and only sharing the same name, but if it's used for a traditional czech (and I guess polish) dish then I would say that is a proper use. 
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    Yeah, I don't see any reason it couldn't be used for a variety of fried food, as it is in the UK and Europe.
    It's just a relish-y mayonnaise, which is pretty similar to a number of other condiments for fried dishes.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
    mcgruff10 said:
    bbiggs said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    I live in Monmouth county and have never been to the winner but have gotten pizza at both runner ups many times.  Ocean county winner/best in the state is 8 minutes away (Brooklyn square). I’ve also been to Mercer county winner and runner up (papa s) several times.   
    That Sicilian in Ocean Co looks awesome. You’re lucky to have it so close to home. We don’t have many good Sicilians unfortunately. 
    rgambs said:
    Yeah, I don't see any reason it couldn't be used for a variety of fried food, as it is in the UK and Europe.
    It's just a relish-y mayonnaise, which is pretty similar to a number of other condiments for fried dishes.
    Tartar sauce is good shit. I guess I’ve only really eaten it on fish but I like the flavor. I’m an A1 fan too. Doesn’t ruin a steak for me like many would suggest. It’s great flavor. Good on burgers also. 
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,440
    rgambs said:
    It is used on different types of fried seafood here in the northeast. Have not seen it used for chicken fingers or anything like that.
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    edited January 2019
    Czech restaurant in New York motherfucking City. On your shores. Now get educated, maybe even try it out:

Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    Key words "Czech restaurant."   That shit don't fly in American cuisine.  Fish or bust.
    edited January 2019
    Czech restaurant in New York motherfucking City. On your shores. Now get educated, maybe even try it out:

First you get educated on the difference between a margherita and plain pie. 
    And I agree with Dyer, I ve only seen tartar sauce used with fried seafood. 
    mcgruff10 said:

Everyone knows what a margarita pie is...pffft. 

bbiggs said:
    mcgruff10 said:

Everyone knows what a margarita pie is...pffft. 

Is that tartar sauce on top?
    Key words "Czech restaurant."   That shit don't fly in American cuisine.  Fish or bust.
    LOL!!!

Gorton's Fish Sticks and Heinz tartar sauce, little ketchup on the side hahaha 

If it's good enough for those fiesty western European chaps, I would love to try it.
    Those fuckers know how to eat. 
    I strongly dislike the dominance of French cuisine, and Italian is overplayed as well, but it's much more tolerable.
    Fuck a French baguette, give me some good German bread.
    Bouillabaisse?  Bullshit.
    Give me some gulyás!

• HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    rgambs said:
    If it's good enough for those fiesty western European chaps, I would love to try it.
    Those fuckers know how to eat. 
    I strongly dislike the dominance of French cuisine, and Italian is overplayed as well, but it's much more tolerable.
    Fuck a French baguette, give me some good German bread.
    Bouillabaisse?  Bullshit.
    Give me some gulyás!

my wife always wants to get a baguette at the local market down the street in the summer, and every time, I keep saying "why the fuck do we want this rock hard bread that just gets crumbs everywhere when I try to cut it FFS?". 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    French bread pizza is the bomb diggity.

I'd like to see you try that shit with a dense German loaf.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,170
    dankind said:

That's what she said.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Poncier said:
    dankind said:

That's what she said.
    Frau Blücher?

(horse whinnies)
    I SAW PEARL JAM