Options

The Pizza Thread

Comments

• Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,933
    bbiggs said:
    Half sausage, half green pepper. Had another with green pepper, onion, mushroom and garlic too. Tasty.

Looks great!! That slicing pattern is interesting for sure.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,931
    mcgruff10 said:
    bbiggs said:
    Half sausage, half green pepper. Had another with green pepper, onion, mushroom and garlic too. Tasty.

I think they forgot a slice or two now that I look at it. Lol 
  • Options
    darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,867
    bbiggs said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    bbiggs said:

I think they forgot a slice or two now that I look at it. Lol 
    Yes, it looks like a horizontal cut was missed. Only, every time I get square cut pizza, it is cut 4 times horizontally and 4 times vertically...unless it's an XL, in which case it is 5 & 5. 

Either way, I like a nice square cut pizza. Especially if it is thin crust.
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,261
    bbiggs said:

Looks good. Thin and crispy.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    RiotZactRiotZact Posts: 6,208
    As much as I loved the Upside Down Jawn from Angelo’s, Pizza Shackamaxon is still my favorite pie in Philly. 

• Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,667
    Wow, better than the UDJ?  I want to try it!
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    RiotZactRiotZact Posts: 6,208
    Wow, better than the UDJ?  I want to try it!
    Honestly it’s just a preference of style. Shackamaxon is more along the lines of a NY style pizza which will always be the GOAT in my opinion. Quality wise they’re both pretty perfect. Still haven’t  gone to Circles and Squares, which many say is the best in Philly. 
  • Options
    NinetytworulesNinetytworules Boston Posts: 454
    First try at home made pie, came out better than expected!!
  • Options

Half meatball (me) half banana peppers (wife)

Cheese for the kid.

• Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,526
    I went back 5 pages. gotta tell ya, nothing looked that outstanding. the virus is ruining everything. :bawling:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    My buddy grabbed two of these for me.  One of my favorites.  Delish!

Post edited by mcgruff10 on
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,667
    Son turned six today and wanted pizzas.
    Think I fouled something with the crust as it was more like bread.  Very good taste, though.

We both did upside down style

• Options
    Son turned six today and wanted pizzas.
    Think I fouled something with the crust as it was more like bread.  Very good taste, though.

We both did upside down style

Happy birthday to your son. 6 years old and already more mature than his father! 

Nice job in making him what he wanted on his birthday!
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:

This looks like the spawn of a lasagna fucking a pizza.  =)
  • Options
    Ha.  Not tough to be more mature than his dad
    Making food is one of our things.  He doesn't eat much but he loves to cook with me.
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:

So I used to have this pizza at my summer job for years. Haven’t worked there in seven years but I always thought it was great.  First slice was awesome buuuuuutttttt as I ate the second piece I realized damn, this pizza is not that good.  I would not recommend.  More like a foccicia then a pizza. 
  • Options
    Making food is one of our things.  He doesn't eat much but he loves to cook with me.
    That's a good thing. It really is astounding how many people don't know how to cook. Or think that browning ground beef and mixing it with the contents of a box of Hamburger Helper is considered cooking. 

And knowing how to cook well impresses the ladies too!
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:

So I used to have this pizza at my summer job for years. Haven’t worked there in seven years but I always thought it was great.  First slice was awesome buuuuuutttttt as I ate the second piece I realized damn, this pizza is not that good.  I would not recommend.  More like a foccicia then a pizza. 
    Just know you are always 4 IPA's from that pizza being good and 6 away from it being great!
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:

Just know you are always 4 IPA's from that pizza being good and 6 away from it being great!
    So true! lol
    Maybe I'll make some raeman tonight and relive my college years!!
    Post edited by mcgruff10 on
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    That's a good thing. It really is astounding how many people don't know how to cook. Or think that browning ground beef and mixing it with the contents of a box of Hamburger Helper is considered cooking. 

My “first” won me over with his cooking chops (along with other areas of...expertise).  
  • Options
    Or think that browning ground beef and mixing it with the contents of a box of Hamburger Helper is considered cooking. 

You're supposed to brown the hamburger first?
    Who knew?
  • Options
    I'm looking into buying an Ooni pizza oven this weekend.  Been on the to-do list for a while.  Now that we're home 24/7, no better time to get it done.  Can't wait to try my hand at this.
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,420
    I hark back to my days as a child when my parents always told me to stay out of the kitchen because I was "too young."  That lasted until I moved out.  Everything I know how to cook, I had to learn on my own as a grown man, and it shows.  I'm 43 and still can't flip a fucking egg without breaking it.  Good on you for being inclusive with your kids!  Good on everyone here because it's a common theme I see in many of the food-related threads.
  • Options
    I hark back to my days as a child when my parents always told me to stay out of the kitchen because I was "too young."  That lasted until I moved out.  Everything I know how to cook, I had to learn on my own as a grown man, and it shows.  I'm 43 and still can't flip a fucking egg without breaking it.  Good on you for being inclusive with your kids!  Good on everyone here because it's a common theme I see in many of the food-related threads.
    That's a great point.  I didn't cook anything as a kid and wish I had.  Our 9 year old has been cooking with us regularly and she loves it.  She recently said she wants to be a chef someday.  Pretty cool.  It's a bit nerve-wracking watching her use the stove and a knife as a parent, but with supervision, it's a good learning experience.

• Options
    bbiggs said:
    That's a great point.  I didn't cook anything as a kid and wish I had.  Our 9 year old has been cooking with us regularly and she loves it.  She recently said she wants to be a chef someday.  Pretty cool.  It's a bit nerve-wracking watching her use the stove and a knife as a parent, but with supervision, it's a good learning experience.

I cringe watching my wife use a knife.

Dyer, I can't imagine not trying to share something I love (which is age appropriate) with him.  

I bet I could get you to a good place with eggs over a six pack of beer   😁
  • Options
    bbiggs said:

I cringe watching my wife use a knife.

Dyer, I can't imagine not trying to share something I love (which is age appropriate) with him.  

I bet I could get you to a good place with eggs over a six pack of beer   😁
    Same.  That's because she slices herself all the time!  It cannot be disputed.  LOL.  It's always one slip away from needing stitches. 

• Options
    There's been more than one occasion I've had to dodge my wife as she walked in the kitchen holding a knife, point out. She's dangerous with those things. (Or maybe she was subconsciously trying to stab me, who could blame her)
  • Options
    hedonist said:

My “first” won me over with his cooking chops (along with other areas of...expertise).  
    Of course you're referring to his wicked good hacky sack skills, right? :o
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,341

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    I like the angle that was taken from.  Makes me feel like I am reaching in for a slice to fold up