What is the half on the bottom? 
    White pie 4-10.  Margherita 10-4. 
    What is on a white pie?
    Ricotta
    ricotta
    ricotta

mostly ricotta
    Yum.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,012
    Place by me uses buffalo ricotta cheese.... makes this flakey bottom crust.... it’s unreal. 

I prefer it cold... has a little salty hint
  • Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
    Stop it! 
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
    Proving for tomorrow!

• mca47mca47 Posts: 13,244
    Proving for tomorrow!

Nice!  What kind of pie are you making?  What’s the hydration percentage?
    mca47 said:
    Proving for tomorrow!

Nice!  What kind of pie are you making?  What’s the hydration percentage?
    Thanks.
    Making classic Neapolitan margherita.
    I used one cup of water.

• "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"

• What the gawddamn hell is that?

My guess is moussaka?
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739

Is that Swedish vegan pizza?
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Hi!Hi! Posts: 3,095
    My favorite frozen pizza brand.

Detroit 2000, Detroit 2003 1-2, Grand Rapids VFC 2004, Philly 2005, Grand Rapids 2006, Detroit 2006, Cleveland 2006, Lollapalooza 2007, Detroit Eddie Solo 2011, Detroit 2014, Chicago 2016 1-2, Chicago 2018 1-2, Ohana Encore 2021 1-2, Chicago Eddie/Earthlings 2022 1-2, Nashville 2022, St. Louis 2022

• HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    edited January 2019
    Went to see Iliza Shlesinger in DC last night and tried out an &pizza. Got the “OG Pie” (margherita) and it was delicious, though it was more of a flatbread than a pie. Was quite surprised for a fast casual stop. 
    As a second bonus of the night, this couple (complete strangers) walked up to us while we were waiting to go in Warner Theatre and gave us their VIP passes, so we got to meet Iliza after the show, take pics, & got signed posters!
    Went to see Iliza Shlesinger in DC last night and tried out an &pizza. Got the “OG Pie” (margherita) and it was delicious, though it was more of a flatbread than a pie. Was quite surprised for a fast casual stop. 
    As a second bonus of the night, this couple (complete strangers) walked up to us while we were waiting to go in Warner Theatre and gave us their VIP passes, so we got to meet Iliza after the show, take pics, & got signed posters!
    No pictures of the pizza?  Man you disappoint me. 
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    mcgruff10 said:
    No pictures of the pizza?  Man you disappoint me. 
    Too cold and too hungry to worry about pics. 
    My dough balls haven't increased in size much. WTH I used the same measurements.

My guess is moussaka?
    It's fried cheddar cheese, with tartar sauce and various root-crops (if that is the word?). And next to is a Norrlands Guld (The Gold of the northern) beer.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • eddieceddiec Posts: 3,832
    My dough balls haven't increased in size much. WTH I used the same measurements.
    You leave them in the fridge or out?
    eddiec said:
    In.
    Same as last time.
    It was an epic fail. I ended up with three mini pizzas. I felt so bad as my nieces were so excited to come over that I gave my pizza to them. At least they didn't go home hungry.
    Not sure wtf happened this time around.
  • eddieceddiec Posts: 3,832
    edited January 2019
    eddiec said:
    In.
    Same as last time.
    It was an epic fail. I ended up with three mini pizzas. I felt so bad as my nieces were so excited to come over that I gave my pizza to them. At least they didn't go home hungry.
    I would leave them outside the fridge if you're using that day. If not, I would leave them out until they've risen and then refrigerate. Take them out a few hours before you want to use them. Cold dough is hard to work with.

My guess is moussaka?
    It's fried cheddar cheese, with tartar sauce and various root-crops (if that is the word?). And next to is a Norrlands Guld (The Gold of the northern) beer.

Interesting.
    "My brain's a good brain!"

What the gawddamn hell is that?

My guess is moussaka?

Interesting.
    He lost me with the tartar sauce. 
  • mcgruff10 said:

My guess is moussaka?

Interesting.
    What is your experience with tartar sauce?
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,380

My guess is moussaka?

why is it in The Pizza Thread? :confused:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    mcgruff10 said:

My guess is moussaka?

Interesting.
    It is disgusting. I can’t inagine putting it on cheese. 
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,380

My guess is moussaka?

whyis it in The Pizza Thread? :confused:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:

My guess is moussaka?

Interesting.
    I don't know what else you would use it for... but at the polish and the checz restaurant in town it's synonymous with the fried cheese. 

But yeah, okey. Get it. 

It was tasty though. The five beers too.
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    edited January 2019
    Wobbie said:

My guess is moussaka?

whyis it in The Pizza Thread? :confused:
    It was a:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rU6wbR18kbc

• "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:

My guess is moussaka?

Interesting.
    I don't know what else you would use it for... but at the polish and the checz restaurant in town it's synonymous with the fried cheese. 

But yeah, okey. Get it. 

It was tasty though. The five beers too.
    Otherwise that sandwich looks awesome.  Beer looks great too. 

eddiec said:
    eddiec said:
    In.
    Same as last time.
    I would leave them outside the fridge if you're using that day. If not, I would leave them out until they've risen and then refrigerate. Take them out a few hours before you want to use them. Cold dough is hard to work with.
    I let it rise for 2 hours before refrigerating.
    I then take it out of the fridge 1 hour before stretching. Worked last time. I think I might have added less water than last time by mistake.
  • SpirituaI Chaos et al..i think that might be called tzatziki not tartar sauce...big difference...