The Pizza Thread

Comments

• bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,926
    mcgruff10 said:
    Looking real good bud!! With nearly 3 acres you have plenty of room to put a pizza oven out back!
    A pizza oven is DEFINITELY in the plans! Thinking maybe a 14x14 screened in covered porch with pizza oven alongside a fireplace w/ chimney. Complete with a ceiling fan and a TV.
    Damn!  I'd take that setup all day.  What more do you need?  lol

• The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    Had this the other night. Sweet peppers on a pizza is underrated

chinese-happy.jpg
    Never tried sweet peppers on pizza, but looks good. Big fan of green pepper though or giardiniera is always a go to if I’m going down that path. 
  • darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,692
    bbiggs said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Looking real good bud!! With nearly 3 acres you have plenty of room to put a pizza oven out back!
    A pizza oven is DEFINITELY in the plans! Thinking maybe a 14x14 screened in covered porch with pizza oven alongside a fireplace w/ chimney. Complete with a ceiling fan and a TV.
    Damn!  I'd take that setup all day.  What more do you need?  lol

Damn, I thought I knew you better than that mi amigo! A nice home brewed hazy IPA of course! 
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory

Not hazy, but.....
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    mcgruff10 said:
    lots of good options out there.  My wife's aunt has this pizza oven that cooks the pies in like a minute or two.   Crazy hot temperatures.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    lots of good options out there.  My wife's aunt has this pizza oven that cooks the pies in like a minute or two.   Crazy hot temperatures.  
    She have a good ol fashioned brick wood fired oven? Or some fancy post 2000 contraption?
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    She have a good ol fashioned brick wood fired oven? Or some fancy post 2000 contraption?
    some fancy thing, not exactly sure.  I just know the pizzas were cooked in no time and tasted great.  
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    some fancy thing, not exactly sure.  I just know the pizzas were cooked in no time and tasted great.  
    Yeah, I think they are supposed to cook within minutes. A brewery I frequent (just north of Greenbush) cooks them in 1 minute. The pies I made were on pizza stones and still were only 6 minute cook times. Though I prefer the dough to be more dried out (as they are in wood fired ovens). 

It's going to he a mofo to try to convert it over from oven to fire oven. I'm clueless, but if I can figure it outt....I'm gonna gain back the 25 pounds I've lost.
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524

Not hazy, but.....
    Looks beautiful out there!
    hedonist said:

Not hazy, but.....
    Thanks! But, it is only Indiana. No haze from the big city (or nearby steel mills) but no beaches or mountains either. Guess I I can't have my cake and eat it too. 
  • GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,710
    hedonist said:

Not hazy, but.....
    Thanks! But, it is only Indiana. No haze from the big city (or nearby steel mills) but no beaches or mountains either. Guess I I can't have my cake and eat it too. 
    Where in Indiana are you. I did my undergrad in West Lafayette many years ago. I still have friends in Indy. 
    I'm north of Lafayette in LaPorte. About a half hour west of South Bend and forty minutes east of the IN/IL state line.
  • GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,710
    I'm north of Lafayette in LaPorte. About a half hour west of South Bend and forty minutes east of the IN/IL state line.
    Ok. So you are really north. My college roommate was from a bit west of you in Highland. I think they call that area “the region”. But I could be wrong about that. 
  • RK50065RK50065 St. Louis, MO Posts: 885
    MF117973 said:
    hedonist said:

Not hazy, but.....
    Where in Indiana are you. I did my undergrad in West Lafayette many years ago. I still have friends in Indy. 
    So did I! (Crappy homemade pizza for thread integrity)
    edited June 2020
    MF117973 said:
    Ok. So you are really north. My college roommate was from a bit west of you in Highland. I think they call that area “the region”. But I could be wrong about that. 
    You are correct.  Highland is just a few minutes east of the state line. LaPorte (where I am) is about an hour and a half north of Purdue.

Post edited by darwinstheory on
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,589
    MF117973 said:
    You are correct.  Highland is just a few minutes east of the state line. LaPorte (where I am) is about an hour and a half north of Purdue.

There is no truth to the silly rumors and labels about LaPorte residents and their strange proclivities.  
    (No goats are molested there, truly.  The worst that most residents can be accused of is the fandom of Notre Lame.)

;)

The love he receives is the love that is saved
    MF117973 said:

There is no truth to the silly rumors and labels about LaPorte residents and their strange proclivities.  
    (No goats are molested there, truly.  The worst that most residents can be accused of is the fandom of Notre Lame.)

;)

Well, goats cannot be our sisters, sooo...

Good Irish! #thePetecheats
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,589
    MF117973 said:

;)

Well, goats cannot be our sisters, sooo...

Good Irish! #thePetecheats
    Ha!
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Eggplant

I SAW PEARL JAM
    dankind said:
    Eggplant

only six slices?!  Did you order a small you cheap f*c@? ;)
    looks awesome!
    I reheated a half a Sicilian from the freezer.  Was great.  
    I reheated a half a Sicilian from the freezer.  Was great.  
    Thus sounds like a Sunday morning hangover text. You F'n rookie!  ;)
    The Rona messes up everything!
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,175
    mcgruff10 said:
    dankind said:
    Eggplant

only six slices?!  Did you order a small you cheap f*c@? ;)
    looks awesome!
    He didn't think he could eat 8 slices.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WsN7CqzaE6A
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,018
    Personal mushroom brick oven

• dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    That was actually pretty damn good. Surprisingly good. 

And yeah, this dude has one size, six slices. The Detroits are six slices as well. The plain cheese, six. 

My theory is that he sold his soul to the devil. He’s old country and has a bit of a demonic look—and his wife might just be Satan herself. If the pizza’s this good in hell, fuck it, Dude. Let’s go folding. I never liked the cold anyway. 

I’ll just try to stay on the wife’s good side. The devil prefers cash. Gotta have root-of-all-evil pizza dough. 
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    Let's go folding!
    :lol:
    This thread inspired me to get a pizza tonight. Yep. It’s on. 
    Half sausage, half green pepper. Had another with green pepper, onion, mushroom and garlic too. Tasty.