Options

The Pizza Thread

Comments

• Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    Wobbie said:
    Wobbie said:

A couple pies I made over the weekend. Had to use pre-made shells but everything else is fresh, sauces were homemade. Neapolitan, sausage & grape tomato, and white pie with onion & orange bell pepper. Unfortunately, my white sauce kinda sucked so the latter pie looked better than it tasted.

I love ya, man, but none of those look especially outstanding.

gotta keep it real.
    Luckily I wasn’t going for especially outstanding. ;)

good thing. :wink:
    Tasted outstanding, though, which is more important.  (well, the first two did, anyway)
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,883
    Had some excellent Brooklyn Sicilian and plain tonight.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,470
    Had this Friday, Pepperoni & Bacon, was delcious
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,625
    So, you know you are raising a NJ pizza snob when:
    At the grocery store today, getting dinner.  Wife is at a spa all day so it is Dad time with the 5 year old.  He wants pizza.  I want chicken.
    Ok, I take him to the frozen pizza section and he looks for a while and picks a CPK Thin Crust deal. I tried to turn him another way but it didn't look too bad, so we bought it
    Cooked it up and we start to eat.....after two bites he looks at me and asks "Dad, do you know when you throw up, how your mouth tastes?"
    I asked him if he felt like he was going to throw up.
    "No, Dad, that is what mouth feels like with this pizza.". 🍕
    He refused to eat any more.  Fed him leftovers and froze the rest of the pizza.  At some drunken point I am sure I will eat it, with tons of hot sauce on it.

Fucking pizza snob.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    Love it Brett!!!!
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,225
    At the grocery store today, getting dinner.  Wife is at a spa all day so it is Dad time with the 5 year old.  He wants pizza.  I want chicken.
    Ok, I take him to the frozen pizza section and he looks for a while and picks a CPK Thin Crust deal. I tried to turn him another way but it didn't look too bad, so we bought it
    Cooked it up and we start to eat.....after two bites he looks at me and asks "Dad, do you know when you throw up, how your mouth tastes?"
    He refused to eat any more.  Fed him leftovers and froze the rest of the pizza.  At some drunken point I am sure I will eat it, with tons of hot sauce on it.

Fucking pizza snob.
    Ha.
    With a 5 year old you're probably better of with Celeste Pizza For One for frozen. 
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,625
    Poncier said:

Fucking pizza snob.
    Ha.
    With a 5 year old you're probably better of with Celeste Pizza For One for frozen. 

I think most anything would be better -- I took a small bite (my chicken dinner was excellent) and had to agree, it was shit. 
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,465
    BLACK35 said:
    Had this Friday, Pepperoni & Bacon, was delcious
    looks good.

pepperoni placement could have been better, tho. :wink:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    pepperoni and bacon on a pizza sounds amazing.
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    mcgruff10 said:
    My college buddy Matt's drunken pizza order was "all the fuckin' cured meats ya got!"
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    dankind said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    My college buddy Matt's drunken pizza order was "all the fuckin' cured meats ya got!"
    That must have been great the following day lol.  
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    mcgruff10 said:
    dankind said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    That must have been great the following day lol.  
    Yeah, I wonder if he's dead now.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,931

Fucking pizza snob.
    This is awesome! My kids haven’t taken on the pizza snobbiness of their dad yet, but it’s coming. All in due time. Lol 
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    bbiggs said:

Fucking pizza snob.
    This is awesome! My kids haven’t taken on the pizza snobbiness of their dad yet, but it’s coming. All in due time. Lol 

In this context it is indeed funny.
    In real life?  Nooooot so much.
    Eat what the heck I put on the plate!  :lol:                        

• Options
    RK50065RK50065 St. Louis, MO Posts: 885
    No one has eaten pizza since shit hit the fan?!
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    I made a bad one.  I'm not eating delivery so am jonesing....have a treat on the way for next week, will share then
  • Options
    RK50065 said:
    That looks good as hell. Background info? 
  • Options
    I’m joining the pizza party tonight...Lou’s. Half sausage/hot giardiniera and half garlic/mushroom/green pepper. 

• Options
    In like a lamb out like a lion.
    ;)

Enjoy it!
  • Options
    In like a lamb out like a lion.
    ;)

Enjoy it!
    Lol.  So agree!  I can’t inagine eating a Lou s during this toilet paper crisis!!!
  • Options
    Just take a shower after..and clean your shower with some of that valuable cleaning product
  • Options
    RK50065RK50065 St. Louis, MO Posts: 885
    mcgruff10 said:
    RK50065 said:
    I'm in St. Louis, but this is a local wood-fired place. Italiano: San Marzano tomatoes, calabrese sausage, basil, olive oil, parmesan reggiano, fresh mo
  • Options
    Sounds/looks delicious.  I love that char, I know many think of it as burnt pizza and don't like.
  • Options
    ^ you guys are hilarious. The deliciousness is worth the gamble of over-using the toilet paper! 😂
  • Options
    RK50065 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    RK50065 said:
    I'm in St. Louis, but this is a local wood-fired place. Italiano: San Marzano tomatoes, calabrese sausage, basil, olive oil, parmesan reggiano, fresh mo
    Looks great bud!  Keep the pizza coming.  
  • Options
    bbiggs said:
    ^ you guys are hilarious. The deliciousness is worth the gamble of over-using the toilet paper! 😂
    Definitely awesome pie but worth ten rolls of tp that I could barter to pay my mortgage for 8 months?  Yeah no 
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,539
    This is a really delicious pizza! The sesame seeds really do it for me.

With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    Only done frozen since the stay at home order.  Fiending for a hot, fresh pie.
  • Options
    Looks good ally!   Love me some sesame seeds on pizza crust. 
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,279
    Urging the wife to go with pizza tonight. She wants ham leftovers. We have had ham for dinner, breakfast and now lunch (with eggs and then a sandwich for lunch). Ready for pizza. Wish me luck in convincing her.
    chinese-happy.jpg