Donald Trump

Comments

• Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    I read it.

It's a mild case being made for Trump as credible to some degree and a breakdown as to why Trump is partly a victim here. There's a section in there that speaks to the poor 'blue collar' Americans that elected Trump as being very good, honest Americans who's values and opinions are very important.

It's not complete dribble, but I'm not buying it for a number of reasons.
    Thank you for reading it.  Its mainly me trying to get into his head for the past year, to understand the man better.  He actually reminds me a lot of my late father, who passed away a few years ago.  He was a devout Republican like Trump.   He was so much like Trump but without all the money.  So, I guess I do feel I have a right sometimes to empathize with the man, because he is just another version of my dad, who had opposite political views of me, yet we still always managed to find common ground and have respect for each other.

That's a scary place to enter.  I can only imagine the shit going on in his head that he never gets tweeted.
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • I read it.

It's a mild case being made for Trump as credible to some degree and a breakdown as to why Trump is partly a victim here. There's a section in there that speaks to the poor 'blue collar' Americans that elected Trump as being very good, honest Americans who's values and opinions are very important.

Thank you for reading it.  Its mainly me trying to get into his head for the past year, to understand the man better.  He actually reminds me a lot of my late father, who passed away a few years ago.  He was a devout Republican like Trump.   He was so much like Trump but without all the money.  So, I guess I do feel I have a right sometimes to empathize with the man, because he is just another version of my dad, who had opposite political views of me, yet we still always managed to find common ground and have respect for each other.

The problem is that 'you' can find middle ground. I'm assuming you are a white male. There are countless others (mainly minorities and women that don't wish to be barefoot and pregnant) that would struggle to find middle ground.

The Republican Party needs to re-invent itself. It's stuck in an era that, quite frankly, needs to exist only as a shameful section in history books.
    Preaching to the choir, my friend.  I am a white 40 yr. old female, wife and mother, in the midst of a red state.  I was referring to him as Hitler to many these last couple years, warning friends and family of another Holocaust type situation approaching if they all didn't wake up and quit looking the other way.  Nobody wants to listen to crazy lady and any actual sense she makes.  I'm basically surviving at this point, in a red state, doing the best I can.  God and the angels understand my dilemma.  All the best to you and those that have the luxury right now of living in blue states, not having to live around so much hate and tension all the time.

Hang in there!

There's better times ahead.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,602
    I read it.

That's a scary place to enter.  I can only imagine the shit going on in his head that he never gets tweeted.
    I actually wonder if there is shit going through his head that he doesn't say or tweet.  He doesn't appear to have a filter and the pervasive incoherent communication supports that he doesn't think about what he says.. maybe he does. 
  • mrussel1 said:
    I read it.

I actually wonder if there is shit going through his head that he doesn't say or tweet.  He doesn't appear to have a filter and the pervasive incoherent communication supports that he doesn't think about what he says.. maybe he does. 

He has the emotional intelligence of a gnat.
  • I read it.

The problem is that 'you' can find middle ground. I'm assuming you are a white male. There are countless others (mainly minorities and women that don't wish to be barefoot and pregnant) that would struggle to find middle ground.

The Republican Party needs to re-invent itself. It's stuck in an era that, quite frankly, needs to exist only as a shameful section in history books.
    Preaching to the choir, my friend.  I am a white 40 yr. old female, wife and mother, in the midst of a red state.  I was referring to him as Hitler to many these last couple years, warning friends and family of another Holocaust type situation approaching if they all didn't wake up and quit looking the other way.  Nobody wants to listen to crazy lady and any actual sense she makes.  I'm basically surviving at this point, in a red state, doing the best I can.  God and the angels understand my dilemma.  All the best to you and those that have the luxury right now of living in blue states, not having to live around so much hate and tension all the time.

Hang in there!

There's better times ahead.
    Thank you.  I hope so.
  • dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    I read it.

Your dad may have been a devout Republican but Trump is not. He is a grifter, a con-man. 

As to your initial post, I read most of it but I got lost in places. Can I suggest you edit it and put some breaks in there. One large paragraph makes it very hard to read.
  • dignin said:
    I read it.

Your dad may have been a devout Republican but Trump is not. He is a grifter, a con-man. 

As to your initial post, I read most of it but I got lost in places. Can I suggest you edit it and put some breaks in there. One large paragraph makes it very hard to read.
    Thank you and all for taking the time to read my ramblings.   I will break it up a bit.
    mrussel1 said:
    I read it.

That may be true...
    Give Peas A Chance…
    mrussel1 said:
    I read it.

He has the emotional intelligence of a gnat.
    What has a gnat done to be insulted like that?
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,072
    This is why the democrats suggested a steel wall?
    hippiemom = goodness
    Are you being serious?  Can't tell with you.  Democrats never suggested a steel wall.  
  • OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,814
    mrussel1 said:
    Are you being serious?  Can't tell with you.  Democrats never suggested a steel wall.  
    Trump said they did in his address.  This, obviously, does not make it so.
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,072
    OnWis97 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Trump said they did in his address.  This, obviously, does not make it so.
    Yeah I was kidding. 
    hippiemom = goodness
    How about a nice chain link fence.  It will not block the views, looks nicer and will keep the honest person out.
    Give Peas A Chance…
    How about a nice chain link fence.  It will not block the views, looks nicer and will keep the honest person out.
    It must have the twisty metal ends on top that will catch your jeans and rip them if you try to cross it.  It's called a fail safe control and was critical to success of all medieval structures.  
    mrussel1 said:
    It must have the twisty metal ends on top that will catch your jeans and rip them if you try to cross it.  It's called a fail safe control and was critical to success of all medieval structures.  
    LOL.  I remember ripping a few pants on those fences.
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,814
    mrussel1 said:
    Yep.  Than at least they'll be embarrassed.  
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
    OnWis97 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Yep.  Than at least they'll be embarrassed.  
    Ridicule will be the Alamo strategy on this.  It's the fall back if the first two defenses fail.  
  • jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    Kat said:
    Fake Christian :tongue:

Redundant
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,130
    Louise Mensch was reporting on twitter yesterday that if trump is impeached in the house the senate GOP will vote overwhelmingly in favor of conviction and removal from office. She stated that per her sources "It won't even be close".

I don't believe her for one second.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • CM189191CM189191 Minneapolis via Chicago Posts: 6,786
    Louise Mensch was reporting on twitter yesterday that if trump is impeached in the house the senate GOP will vote overwhelmingly in favor of conviction and removal from office. She stated that per her sources "It won't even be close".

she prefaced it by saying it was her opinion, and an unpopular one at that.  not sure she was reporting it as fact. 

also, her track record has proven to be quite impressive in the last few weeks.
    WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,821
    CM189191 said:

she prefaced it by saying it was her opinion, and an unpopular one at that.  not sure she was reporting it as fact. 

also, her track record has proven to be quite impressive in the last few weeks.
    I’d like to believe it, but her track record long term isn’t great.  I agree it’s an opinion, not fact. 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,769
    "It's obvious."  lol
    "You're under arrest, Mr. Trump."  brilliant.

What a find..........thanks for posting that.
    Falling down,...not staying down
  • mrussel1 said:
    My buddy got his GWG jeans cuff at the bottom of his pants caught as he attempted to leap over one of these.

We were really young and coming home from the fair. He hung upside down for quite a while. He was too chubby for me and my friend to lift back up so that he could liberate himself.

All his change fell out of his pockets and his face went really red. I laughed quite a bit. He got mad at me.

A man came out to help us: “Well I see you’re in quite the predicament!”

This type of fence might just work!
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    Tiki said:

Trump dubs media the 'Opposition Party,' accuses press of working with Democrats

So fucking dangerous.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    I read it.

Ditto.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    edited January 2019
    mrussel1 said:
    I read it.

I do think there is shit going on in his head that he doesn't tweet, but it's worse than what he tweets. It's the shit he really knows he can't get away with even with his fans. Stuff like detailed sexual thoughts about his daughter, and about killing this person and that person, and many thoughts about blatantly illegal activities, and many perverted/sexually abusive things, like every time he sees an attractive woman, probably when he sees a pretty little girl even, etc. I think he's actually filtering a LOT out when he talks and tweets. We do get little glimpses of these stuff from time to time - enough to know he's completely fucking sick and depraved - but nothing blatant. He manages to still keep most of it in.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141

chinese-happy.jpg
This discussion has been closed.