Options

Donald Trump

Comments

• Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,296
    mickeyrat said:
    Anyone else concerned that this is going to give them an excuse to postpone the general election?\
    (sorry if already has been discussed--I've not been reading too closely lately)
    They will def try it I’d say we can bank on it! I’m telling you everything will be in place for this to happen even if the precious Constitution says it cannot happen , Barr is trying to pass laws to squash any pushback from protesting this very thing..just my opinion 

read something recently that if this were to get through, on Jan 20, 2021 President Nancy Pelosi gets sworn in........
    What's this?
    I read the other day that Constitutional law says the next term starts on that date and without changing the Constitution there is no way to get past that date.

I know the above was quoted - I recall that  No election held = Pelosi, but am not certain on that part.  Perhaps that is what he is referencing.  It certainly cannot be a continuation of the previously existing regime.  (P/VP)
    Oh okay. I don't consider myself to be as alarmist as some on here who are worried that he won't leave after he loses. But I am afraid that he will use this as an excuse to not leave. It's the perfect excuse that he can convince more people to believe in than just saying the election was rigged or something. Just keep delaying the election. He doesn't give a shit about the constitution. Unlikely, but I think it it is something to keep an eye on the longer this goes and if that second wave hits in the fall. 

The way I look at is the virus and the election issue are two enormous problems that will converge quicker than people think.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    CM189191CM189191 Minneapolis via Chicago Posts: 6,793
    mickeyrat said:
    Anyone else concerned that this is going to give them an excuse to postpone the general election?\
    They will def try it I’d say we can bank on it! I’m telling you everything will be in place for this to happen even if the precious Constitution says it cannot happen , Barr is trying to pass laws to squash any pushback from protesting this very thing..just my opinion 

read something recently that if this were to get through, on Jan 20, 2021 President Nancy Pelosi gets sworn in........
    What's this?
    I read the other day that Constitutional law says the next term starts on that date and without changing the Constitution there is no way to get past that date.

I know the above was quoted - I recall that  No election held = Pelosi, but am not certain on that part.  Perhaps that is what he is referencing.  It certainly cannot be a continuation of the previously existing regime.  (P/VP)
    Oh okay. I don't consider myself to be as alarmist as some on here who are worried that he won't leave after he loses. But I am afraid that he will use this as an excuse to not leave. It's the perfect excuse that he can convince more people to believe in than just saying the election was rigged or something. Just keep delaying the election. He doesn't give a shit about the constitution. Unlikely, but I think it it is something to keep an eye on the longer this goes and if that second wave hits in the fall. 

The way I look at is the virus and the election issue are two enormous problems that will converge quicker than people think.
    FMITB is correct.  President and VP are both removed from office when their term is up, which I'm sure Secret Service will be happy to do.

Follows line of succession, which would mean President Pelosi.  It's a shame this is what it might take for us to finally get a female President.  But her emails....
    WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,625
    I can understand but the feeling.  Wish I would have bookmarked but it is concrete based on what I read...they would need a large majority vote to approve any change to allow for him to say so unless he pulls a coup it isn't going to happen.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,969
    He should resign.  That will allow Pence to pardon him which is probably his goal anyway.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,300
    https://apple.news/A4M_bN9_yTA6FVaFR5n2nYA
    He does have a good excuse Covid19..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,969
    and the Dow is flat at the open....
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    https://apple.news/A_vtLU1atQZGg-zCiaQBdfQ
    I bet the Baffoon & Moscow Mitch both pray together for her demise, she’s not going anywhere anytime soon and I bet she’s in better shape than both of them..
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,798
    mickeyrat said:

What's this?

for sure on the last part. his term is up, its up. questionable to thef first part about succesion.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
    mickeyrat said:

What's this?
    nancy's our density

Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,116
    COVID may guarantee trump reelection. The cities and minority populations are getting hit hard. That's where the democratic vote is. Considering trump won by 77,000 votes, mostly missing Obama voters in Detroit Milwaukee and Philly covid could easily have a greater impact either by scaring voters or even worse outcomes.
  • Options
    Has he even called any front line MD’s or Nurses at hospitals through out the country? 
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,203
    mickeyrat said:

What's this?

I posted story about this last week.  Jan 20 if there has been no electoral college vote (don't technically need regular voting as states can choose their delegates without citizens voting) you would have President Pelosi. 
  • Options
    KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,772
    edited April 2020
    I would be good with that. I'd like to see President Pelosi choose a much younger VP too. Hangin' on to my hope that this national nightmare ends as soon as possible.

Oh, and there's always a big investigation when a huge event happens. Exactly as was said...so we can try to prevent whatever it is from happening again or happening so badly...but he's going to whine and cry like it's all about him. It's not...it's about us. Let the sun shine on the whole damn thing....for our protection next time...and because, people shouldn't die because the government didn't take care of us; and I sure don't want to have to do this distancing stuff again.
    Post edited by Kat on
    Falling down,...not staying down
  • Options
    vaggar99vaggar99 San Diego USA Posts: 3,426
    Trump reading right now...Is this what an Adderall hangover sounds like?
  • Options
    pjhawks said:
    mickeyrat said:

What's this?

I posted story about this last week.  Jan 20 if there has been no electoral college vote (don't technically need regular voting as states can choose their delegates without citizens voting) you would have President Pelosi. 
    Don't you think that gives him a better excuse to refuse to leave as opposed to losing the election and saying it was rigged? Just like he says nobody even knew about the emoluments clause, he'll claim no one knew about this too, therefore it's bullshit. This is fucking Donald Trump we're talking about, folks!
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    I was in the car yesterday during the briefing so I listened (don't watch on tv when I'm home). What a waste of time. 

We're living in some weird, futuristic, sci-fi disaster movie. Donald Trump and Jared Kushner are leading the way. 

How are these things over two hours long? Just put Fauci and Brix up there. Give us the facts we need, take some questions and then go back to work 60 minutes later. 

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    93 minutes.  A whole Rob Schneider movie.
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    I was in the car yesterday during the briefing so I listened (don't watch on tv when I'm home). What a waste of time. 

We're living in some weird, futuristic, sci-fi disaster movie. Donald Trump and Jared Kushner are leading the way. 

How are these things over two hours long? Just put Fauci and Brix up there. Give us the facts we need, take some questions and then go back to work 60 minutes later. 

Yeah, those briefings are bizarre. I can't watch/listen to them anymore. I usually look for a recap pretty soon after they're over. Out local stations have stopped carrying them for the most part, which I think is a smart move. He's approaching these like his rallies and is rarely saying anything related to the virus itself. It's maddening.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    mfc2006 said:

Yeah, those briefings are bizarre. I can't watch/listen to them anymore. I usually look for a recap pretty soon after they're over. Out local stations have stopped carrying them for the most part, which I think is a smart move. He's approaching these like his rallies and is rarely saying anything related to the virus itself. It's maddening.
    He's more of a PR guy than a president. A PR guy who gives mostly bad information. 

We are living in hell. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    mfc2006 said:

He's more of a PR guy than a president. A PR guy who gives mostly bad information. 

We are living in hell. 
    Just give the FUCKING FACTS. PERIOD. Either that, or step the fuck aside and let the grown ups speak.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,824
    pjhawks said:
    mickeyrat said:

What's this?

Would there be a path through the courts to the SCOTUS?  Because we know how that would turn out.
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • Options
    CM189191CM189191 Minneapolis via Chicago Posts: 6,793
    OnWis97 said:
    pjhawks said:
    mickeyrat said:

What's this?

Would there be a path through the courts to the SCOTUS?  Because we know how that would turn out.
    I feel like I need to amplify this sentiment for anyone who believes in: 
    both sides are bad
    third party candidates
    protest votes
    the establishment
    deep state

The courts have been packed, and will continue to be packed by the GOP if we let them retain power of the executive and legislative branches.  The thumb is on the scale.  The fix is in.  

McConnell urging GOP-appointed judges to retire this year: report
    https://thehill.com/regulation/court-battles/487982-mcconnell-urging-gop-appointed-judges-to-retire-this-year-report

The US is a 2 party system.  The checks and balance of power lies in the 3 co-equal branches of government.  
    WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
  • Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,148
    The wave is coming.  Primary red turnout already shattered anything anyone expected or had seen before.  Are ya’ll ready for 4 more years, or are you going to keep up the resistance, lol??
    obamas campaign manager already knows what’s coming.
    https://www.foxnews.com/media/david-plouffe-trump-biden-coronavirus

I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Options
    https://apple.news/Ai8dIe-ImRH6czwwBtlstnw
    As always the Baffoon strategy is to make sure the least amount of people get to vote what is he afraid of?
  • Options
    The wave is coming.  Primary red turnout already shattered anything anyone expected or had seen before.  Are ya’ll ready for 4 more years, or are you going to keep up the resistance, lol??

Will resist him & folks like you till I die, you still baking the pies at your shop? 
  • Options

so ungrounded in FACT      ew
  • Options
    much like DJT, Joe Biden can be replaced.  they're not superheroes.
  • Options
    they're barely HUMAN
  • Options
    Pelosi/Cuomo
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,161

i would check it out but it is a fox news source, so i am not interested in that bullshit.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
This discussion has been closed.