Donald Trump

Comments

• vaggar99vaggar99 San Diego USA Posts: 3,425
    mrussel1 said:
    vaggar99 said:
    vaggar99 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    OnWis97 said:
    That describes most Americans.  I guarantee you "doesn't like to read" is better for election chances than "likes to read."
    That doesn't describe "most" Americans, I don't believe.  It probably describes "most" of his supporters.  
    I don't think this is true.  His supporters are quite literate in general.  They tend not to have college degrees, however.  And many of them resent those who do.  I think it has something to do with the perception that a college education is essentially a meal ticket.  As in, you didn't earn your way, it was given to you for a price.  In many cases, there's a lot of truth to that. 
    What is the truth in that? Getting a degree is hard work as well, particularly if it’s going to be in a field that directly assists you to get work. 
    well, my memory from college was a lot of complete bullshit degrees where you didn't even need to attend class to do well on the exams.  and of course, a 2.0 GPA earns the same diploma as a 4.0 GPA.  not saying all or even most degree programs are shit and everyone who attends college did nothing but party, but i understand where the stereotype comes from.  
    look i'm all about higher education.  i'm always trying to learn shit, so i'd consider myself a strong beneficiary of the university system.  but, i also had times where i was that slacker 2.0 entitled pos that i've come to resent myself.  just being a messenger here.
    Couldn't you use the same argument for the difference between high school graduates and high dropout?  And is there any difference between 2.0 and 4.0 in high school when you get into the work force?  Of course not, generally speaking.  Where it matters is for your next educational endeavor.  But where I see the difference between college educated and non-college educated people is:
    1. Stronger vocabulary
    2. Clear difference in writing capabilities
    3. Better math and analytical skills
    4. Evidence that you took on an optional challenge (college) and finished it.  That says a lot to me about a person's willingness to strive and achieve.  
    all generally true.  i can tell you having working in the aircraft industry where a lot of the engineers are ex aircraft mechanics without degrees, you might end up very surprised at the level knowledge some people without college backgrounds have.  On the other side of the that, I knew some dumb dumb dumb engineers with degrees galore.  
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,600
    vaggar99 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    vaggar99 said:
    vaggar99 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    OnWis97 said:
    That describes most Americans.  I guarantee you "doesn't like to read" is better for election chances than "likes to read."
    That doesn't describe "most" Americans, I don't believe.  It probably describes "most" of his supporters.  
    I don't think this is true.  His supporters are quite literate in general.  They tend not to have college degrees, however.  And many of them resent those who do.  I think it has something to do with the perception that a college education is essentially a meal ticket.  As in, you didn't earn your way, it was given to you for a price.  In many cases, there's a lot of truth to that. 
    What is the truth in that? Getting a degree is hard work as well, particularly if it’s going to be in a field that directly assists you to get work. 
    well, my memory from college was a lot of complete bullshit degrees where you didn't even need to attend class to do well on the exams.  and of course, a 2.0 GPA earns the same diploma as a 4.0 GPA.  not saying all or even most degree programs are shit and everyone who attends college did nothing but party, but i understand where the stereotype comes from.  
    look i'm all about higher education.  i'm always trying to learn shit, so i'd consider myself a strong beneficiary of the university system.  but, i also had times where i was that slacker 2.0 entitled pos that i've come to resent myself.  just being a messenger here.
    Couldn't you use the same argument for the difference between high school graduates and high dropout?  And is there any difference between 2.0 and 4.0 in high school when you get into the work force?  Of course not, generally speaking.  Where it matters is for your next educational endeavor.  But where I see the difference between college educated and non-college educated people is:
    1. Stronger vocabulary
    4. Evidence that you took on an optional challenge (college) and finished it.  That says a lot to me about a person's willingness to strive and achieve.  
    all generally true.  i can tell you having working in the aircraft industry where a lot of the engineers are ex aircraft mechanics without degrees, you might end up very surprised at the level knowledge some people without college backgrounds have.  On the other side of the that, I knew some dumb dumb dumb engineers with degrees galore.  
    But they received specialized technical training, correct?  
    mrussel1 said:
    vaggar99 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    vaggar99 said:
    vaggar99 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    OnWis97 said:
    1. Stronger vocabulary
    not much more than years and years of experience building stuff.  lots of craftsman and artist types.  that said, none that I knew were allowed to do highly analytical work (i.e. stress analysis).  Mostly design and manufacturing engineering.  So, true that a degree is essential if you want to be a number cruncher, but if you just want to do the practical day to day engineering work, experience will get you there.   it all pays about the same.
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,821
    mrussel1 said:
    vaggar99 said:
    vaggar99 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    OnWis97 said:
    Well, then you have some pretty lax colleges in the US. Maybe no surprise there. That’s not a reflection on education, that’s a reflection on poor management, low standards and a focus on profits over quality. 
    Don't be snarky on the US college education system.  It's very good overall.  There's a reason people come from around the world to attend our post-graduate programs in particular.  From a Danish site.. 

Overall Rank in 2016

Country

Rank in 2015

United States of America

Switzerland

Denmark

United Kingdom

Sweden

Finland

Netherlands

Singapore

Canada

Australia

I am responding to the comment made, which if true certainly means that there are some lax standards. Not for all of them, of course; there are certainly world-leading institutions. But there are also many for-profit colleges with low standards, and that had been investigated and confirmed many times in the past. It’s a big issue in the US and less so in many other countries without much of a private, for profit college industry. 

my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
    And also, chill out 
    i went to a very large state school in the US.  We had every fucking degree program you could imagine.  Travel and Tourism? you got it.   Ag business management?  yep.  Common thread... with very few exceptions, all exams were 50 question multiple choice Scantron.  And in general, tests were recycled semester after semester by lazy profs who considered teaching duties an extreme nuisance.  
    vaggar99 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    vaggar99 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    vaggar99 said:
    vaggar99 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    OnWis97 said:
    1. Stronger vocabulary
    not much more than years and years of experience building stuff.  lots of craftsman and artist types.  that said, none that I knew were allowed to do highly analytical work (i.e. stress analysis).  Mostly design and manufacturing engineering.  So, true that a degree is essential if you want to be a number cruncher, but if you just want to do the practical day to day engineering work, experience will get you there.   it all pays about the same.
    I love hiring engineers.  Their people skills aren't always the best, but their analytics and ability to create process efficiencies is second to none.  I'm in financial services and I have four on staff, including 2 that are chemical engineers.  No matter because the skills are transferable to process engineering.  
    mrussel1 said:
    vaggar99 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    vaggar99 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    vaggar99 said:
    vaggar99 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    OnWis97 said:
    1. Stronger vocabulary
    I love hiring engineers.  Their people skills aren't always the best, but their analytics and ability to create process efficiencies is second to none.  I'm in financial services and I have four on staff, including 2 that are chemical engineers.  No matter because the skills are transferable to process engineering.  
    yeah, i left engineering a few years ago.  i'm now an accountant.  had to learn it all on the fly.  been interesting.
    vaggar99 said:
    i went to a very large state school in the US.  We had every fucking degree program you could imagine.  Travel and Tourism? you got it.   Ag business management?  yep.  Common thread... with very few exceptions, all exams were 50 question multiple choice Scantron.  And in general, tests were recycled semester after semester by lazy profs who considered teaching duties an extreme nuisance.  
    Does not sound like it will be on any lists of top institutions, for good reasons. 
    vaggar99 said:
    Does not sound like it will be on any lists of top institutions, for good reasons. 
    US news has us at #66 in the nation.  Not bad, not great.

vaggar99 said:
    vaggar99 said:

That's fine.  State universities are designed to offer a broad range of programs to a huge number of people.  The Ohio State University has 60k students.  They are not all going to be Top 10% of their high school class.  But when you get into the grad programs, it gets much more selective.  There is absolutely nothing wrong with that strategy.  Everyone should have the opportunity to go to college. 
    mrussel1 said:
    vaggar99 said:
    vaggar99 said:

That's fine.  State universities are designed to offer a broad range of programs to a huge number of people.  The Ohio State University has 60k students.  They are not all going to be Top 10% of their high school class.  But when you get into the grad programs, it gets much more selective.  There is absolutely nothing wrong with that strategy.  Everyone should have the opportunity to go to college. 
    in general, people don't stick around for grad school unless they truly love academic endeavors.  in general, that's not many people.  
    Trump is now being referred to as "Individual 1" on Twitter.  
  • my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    Love it
  • dignindignin Posts: 9,303

Federal Prosecutors ‘Concluded that President of the United States Committed a Felony’

https://lawandcrime.com/high-profile/federal-prosecutors-concluded-that-president-of-the-united-states-committed-a-felony/

Tip of the iceberg.
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    So by the guidelines of sentencing for these crimes he’s looking at 2-6 years am I correct? I bet he gets the minimum...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • So by the guidelines of sentencing for these crimes he’s looking at 2-6 years am I correct? I bet he gets the minimum...
    Wouldn’t count on the minimum. Judges don’t take kindly to lawyers breaking the law and violating their oath. Me thinks he’s made an example of.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
    Request to OP @dignin : please rename thread to "Individual-1"
    vaggar99 said:
    Yes please!!
    vaggar99 said:
    lol yes 
    vaggar99 said:
    Oh shit. That's a good one. Let me think about it.
    How about

Donald Trump (aka Individual-1)

?

Whatever the AMT thinks is the best.
    i think that's good.  or just leave it....it may/may not withstand the test of time given the batshit craziness of all of this.
  • I like the aka but maybe put individual 1 aka in front of Donald Trump?
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Brilliantati©
    I like the aka but maybe put individual 1 aka in front of Donald Trump?
    I can hear Baffoon asking idiot Gulliani as they read the report on Cohen who’s individual 1 lol 
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,139

chinese-happy.jpg

Classic Baghdad Bob! Aka Sarah Huckabee Sanders.
  • Ladies and gentlemen, your bone spur Team Trump Treason.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1071479075699490816

Scroll down on the tweet. Who here is proud? Fess up now.

Brilliantati©
    Ladies and gentlemen, your bone spur Team Trump Treason.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1071479075699490816

Scroll down on the tweet. Who here is proud? Fess up now.

Enjoyed those comments, particularly the new Ben & Jerry’s flavour, ImPEACH-MINT ;) 
This discussion has been closed.