Time change. Again.

Comments

• Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    brianlux said:
    Regarding this screwing around with the clock thing, I'm all for compromise.  Set it half way between daylight savings time and daylight losing time, and leave it there.  Why must we insist on jerking our sleeping habits around twice a year?  Humans come up with the most ridiculous stupid nonsense sometimes!
    I said that very same thing.  Saskatchewan does not adjust their time.  Must be some level-headed folks in Saskatchewan.
    Pretty much everything in Saskatchewan is level. 
    I see what you did there ... lol
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,821
    brianlux said:
    Regarding this screwing around with the clock thing, I'm all for compromise.  Set it half way between daylight savings time and daylight losing time, and leave it there.  Why must we insist on jerking our sleeping habits around twice a year?  Humans come up with the most ridiculous stupid nonsense sometimes!
    I said that very same thing.  Saskatchewan does not adjust their time.  Must be some level-headed folks in Saskatchewan.
    I see what you did there ... lol

That's because you can see a long way in Saskatchewan.
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
    I think this spring, instead of setting my clocks forward I will set them back like I just did for this fall.  And then next fall I'll set them back another hour and the same in the spring and the same the next fall etc., etc.  Depending on how long I live, I will be adding hours to my life!  :smiley:

And then I'll patent the idea and market it as "The Time Fountain of Youth".
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,139
    God I hate losing an hour of sleep. So tired this morning. At least it will be light out later this evening.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    Changing the clocks is just non-sense anymore.
    On what your stove and microwave all others are done automatically I don’t own a watch .
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,703
    On what your stove and microwave all others are done automatically I don’t own a watch .
    digital alarm clock?  car?
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    Speaking of alarm clocks... does anyone still actually use a dedicated alarm clock to wake up in the morning, or is everyone using their phone now?  I swear I'm the only one I know with an actual alarm clock on the bedside table.
  • hauntingfamiliarhauntingfamiliar Wilmington, NC Posts: 10,217
    I use both. My phone alarm is the first to wake me with quiet, gentle alarms. Then my clock radio that I've had for decades comes on and blasts me into consciousness.  I try to get up before the clock radio but sometimes it's the only thing that wakes me.
    Speaking of alarm clocks... does anyone still actually use a dedicated alarm clock to wake up in the morning, or is everyone using their phone now?  I swear I'm the only one I know with an actual alarm clock on the bedside table.
    i still have mine and use it (well i try to, I tend to wake u before my alarm goes off).  I usually put my phone in the other room and on vibrate.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    The clocks have nothing to do with it with me wanting to end this silly practice.  It also messes with peoples sleep.  As for the clocks, you obviously never worked in a school.  
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    I still use my trusty Sony clock radio - I bought it around 1998.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    I wake up just before my alarm goes of 9 out of 10 days, but I still set it because that tenth day I will miss it by an hour at least lol
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,170
    brianlux said:
    Aside from Shannon Tweed.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,409
    clock. phone is on silent 95% of the time. only on for sound during work.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    bump for this weekend :smile:
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    It's that time a year again...jeesh...when will common sense set in and this ridiculous practice.
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,170
    I want my hour of sleep back (and I haven't even lost it yet)
    This weekend we rock Portland
    I don't have to get up for anything on Sunday, so I don't lose any sleep.  All hail more evening daylight!!! :rock_on:
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 8,956
    edited March 2019
    Forget "spring forward." We should set the clocks back 1 hour every Sunday! 
    mace1229 said:
    Forget "spring forward." We should set the clocks back 1 hour every Sunday! 
    I like it! One hour back on Sunday, one hour forward on Friday.
    edited March 2019
    I love falling back so much that it makes springing forward worth it. It definitely has an effect on my sleep either way. I do NOT support getting rid of it at all unless everyone else does too. I think it's really stupid to go on a different schedule than most of the rest of the world. I don't even know why any politician would think doing such a thing would be beneficial or useful. All it would really do is cause a bunch of inconveniences for businesses and individuals.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
    edited March 2019
    Wait a minute-- spring forward March 10th?  That's this Sunday.  You're telling me I'm going to lose an hour's sleep THIS SUNDAY? 

Excuse me, I need to go break something.

:lol:
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

PJ_Soul said:
    I love falling back so much that it makes springing forward worth it. It definitely has an effect on my sleep either way. I do NOT support getting rid of it at all unless everyone else does too. I think it's really stupid to go on a different schedule than most of the rest of the world. I don't even know why any politician would think doing such a thing would be beneficial or useful. All it would really do is cause a bunch of inconveniences for businesses and individuals.
    Well, BC is considering it ... 
    Give Peas A Chance…
    Doesn't effect my sleep at all, doesn't effect my toddler either.  Supposedly it effects children very much, I don't buy it.  I think 90% of the complaints are just people whining because that's what people do.
    rgambs said:
    Doesn't effect my sleep at all, doesn't effect my toddler either.  Supposedly it effects children very much, I don't buy it.  I think 90% of the complaints are just people whining because that's what people do.
    Yep. Unless you go to bed super late or need an alarm to wake up on Sunday, you don’t lose any sleep at all. You sleep the same amount of time, it’s just a different time when you wake up. I never understood the whole losing/gaining sleep argument.
    rgambs said:
    Yep. Unless you go to bed super late or need an alarm to wake up on Sunday, you don’t lose any sleep at all. You sleep the same amount of time, it’s just a different time when you wake up. I never understood the whole losing/gaining sleep argument.
    Just another excuse for weak whiners to whine about their weaknesses.
    edited March 2019
    PJ_Soul said:
    Well, BC is considering it ... 
    Yes, but only if the entire west coast does it too. Horgan said he'd only go ahead if Washington, Oregon, and California were also on board, and asked the governors of all three states to keep him updated on their status with it - they're trying to do it as a group, if they do it at all .... Typical for John Horgan. He is a practical, common sense guy - probably the best BC premier of my lifetime so far (obviously not just because of this, lol). And he is very tuned in to the west coast US states, particularly Washington. He knows we have to work together. Other past premiers haven't considered that factor anywhere near as thoughtfully.
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,850
    rgambs said:
    rgambs said:
    No, it's just a stupid archaic practice that has zero bearing on the present population.

I personally am not a fan of it being dark at 430 PM.  I am a fan of it being dark at 630 AM though.
    rgambs said:
    rgambs said:
    No, it's just a stupid archaic practice that has zero bearing on the present population.

I personally am not a fan of it being dark at 430 PM.  I am a fan of it being dark at 630 AM though.
    Soooooo, it's a stupid archaic practice... of which you enjoy the results?