Options

Time change. Again.

1171819202123»

Comments

• Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,625
    :lol:
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    markymark550markymark550 Columbia, SC Posts: 5,110
    static111 said:
    goldrush said:
    The hardest part about the clocks changing is that it happens on different days in different countries.

Right now, Australia is 11 hours ahead of the UK, where my parents live.
    In 2 weeks, the UK will ‘spring forward’ by an hour so the time difference will be 10 hours.
    Then a week later, Australia will ‘fall back’ an hour so the difference will be 9 hours.

My family never get this right!
    Spring Backwards. Fall Forward. In the US anyway...
    I always thought it was spring behind?
    A spring in the behind will make you fall forward 🤣
  • Options
    1ThoughtKnown1ThoughtKnown Posts: 6,155
    Man do I hate daylight savings time.  Had to travel for work on Sunday and jump three time zones, so this amplified the effect to a four hour time difference on my circadian rhythms. 
    Of course, YYZ was a nightmare due to snow so only got 3 hours sleep Sunday night. Fell asleep early last night (8pm) and woke up at 2am and won’t get another minute of sleep. 
    I am a sleeper, 8-9 hours per night. This shit only happens to me during this nonsensical time change twice per year. 

• Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,625
    Wild.  I work very hard at improving sleep and can get nice more than 6_7, max.  Have tried almost everything.  I'm ok with that, since it tells me what my body needs ...but 8-9 would be awesome to feel the effects of.  Perhaps would be no different but I'd like to feel it.

Time change bothers me the first night or twi.  After that, no worries.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,544
    Wild.  I work very hard at improving sleep and can get nice more than 6_7, max.  Have tried almost everything.  I'm ok with that, since it tells me what my body needs ...but 8-9 would be awesome to feel the effects of.  Perhaps would be no different but I'd like to feel it.

I somehow got 8 or 9 hours sleep once about 7 years ago, and there was a huge difference! I felt refreshed and kind of bounded out of bed for the first time since... I don't know, maybe 1992, lol.

With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

I somehow got 8 or 9 hours sleep once about 7 years ago, and there was a huge difference! I felt refreshed and kind of bounded out of bed for the first time since... I don't know, maybe 1992, lol.

Cool.  I'd like that experience!
  • Options
    1ThoughtKnown1ThoughtKnown Posts: 6,155
    I have never really had difficulty sleeping in my life except these situations.
    - Clock change (either way)
    - Christmas Eve (as a kid)
    - Night before a vacation with an early flight. 

That’s it. I have been told how lucky I am. My wife has told me that we have been in bed and I’ve fallen asleep in mid-conversation. Lol. 
    We are talking, she replies, and it’s already lights out. 
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,891
    Bump

For @The Juggler favorite topic 😛
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,298
    Love the extra hour of day light this time of  year but I certainly DO NOT appreciate losing an hour of sleep tonight. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,300
    Love the extra hour of day light this time of  year but I certainly DO NOT appreciate losing an hour of sleep tonight. 
    Im retired I’m not loosing any hours anymore it’s just all one big day! 😊
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,542
    Darn, didn’t even realize it was today.    Feels good knowing you are getting an extra hour
  • Options
    Must be nice. Always takes me a few days to recover from losing an hour of sleep this time of year. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,300
    Must be nice. Always takes me a few days to recover from losing an hour of sleep this time of year. 
    Yesterday my cats & dog were all out of sorts with the times they are used to eating and coming in for the night 🙂 I have to admit it takes me a couple of days to adjust to it! 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    Yesterday my cats & dog were all out of sorts with the times they are used to eating and coming in for the night 🙂 I have to admit it takes me a couple of days to adjust to it! 
    Well we only have 5 more months before we Spring Backwards and get that hour back again!
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,228
    Yesterday my cats & dog were all out of sorts with the times they are used to eating and coming in for the night 
    It definitely F's with the animals' schedules.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,430
    Another reason to just keep DST permanent. 
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,833
    edited November 2023
    nvm. saw previous comments
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    as @The Juggler would say don't forget to change your clocks back an hour this Saturday night so we can get an extra hour of sleep (or something like that)
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,228
    Dammit.
    Time to spring back already.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,778
    I LOVE IT.  Work from home, get done at 6:00pm EST; and it's already dark and it's still cold.  Double motivation suck the life right out of you.  Come next week it will still be light out when I finish work.  To me it's like a whole new world.  Night after night it will stay light out longer, it will get warmer.  Sweet.
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,732
    I can see why some love the spring forward thing.  Me... you don't wanna know what I think.  :lol:
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,795
    ^spring back, fall forward 
  • Options
    I love waking up and having gained an hour, today!

#juggs
  • Options
    I love waking up and having gained an hour, today!

#juggs

also loved getting that extra hour of sleep :smile::lol:
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,732
    You guys crack me up.  But then, I'm always a little light headed and easily amused when the time change messes with my brain!
    Cartoon Crazy Man In A Padded Room Posters Art Prints by - Interior Wall  Decor 1047048

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    I am still feeling the positive effects of that extra hour of sleep on my end. Anyone else?

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 12
    Post edited by Loujoe on
  • Options