PHILLY (Loosely Related to The Philadelphia Phillies)

Comments

• Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,757
    edited August 2018
    I think we should complain more about Pearl Jam fans and less about the band.
    The fans on this board are seriously 35-50% feckless c&*%s. 
    They complain about everything.....everything.
    Wish they would go away.  Happy to go and see Pearl Jam in smaller venues and have just as much fun.
    Like Juggs said above, so fucking much this. Going into the show in MT I was just looking for a good time, which the show was. Of course on the way out every fucking nerd is "meh"ing the show because somewhere once they travelled to a show and got 36 songs and 3 1/2 hours of music with every fucking cover and B-side. And now this is what they expect. It's awful.

The plane ride from Missoula to Chicago was equally fucking annoying with so many douches just talking about how Seattle 2 was this and that in comparison.

The. Worst.

I would fucking love if the band lost 40-60% of their following and they'd finally play The Tower.
    Post edited by Jearlpam0925 on
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,587
    Wish they would go away.  Happy to go and see Pearl Jam in smaller venues and have just as much fun.
    Like Juggs said above, so fucking much this. Going into the show in MT I was just looking for a good time, which the show was. Of course on the way out every fucking nerd is "meh"ing the show because somewhere once they travelled to a show and got 36 songs and 3 1/2 hours of music with every fucking cover and B-side. And now this is what they expect. It's awful.

The plane ride from Missoula to Chicago was equally fucking annoying with so many douches just talking about how Seattle 2 was this and that in comparison.

The. Worst.

I would fucking love if the band lost 40-60% of their following and they'd finally play The Tower.
    Yep. 

I think on the plane to Boston on Saturday that I will tell everyone that asks me about PJ that this is my first show, I am really excited, that my seats are nosebleeds but I am squeezing into a friend's A4 Row 4 seat with him.  Everyone said it was OK because I know people. 
    Ed just HAS to play 'Let The Records Play' for my wife and I because we have records. 
    Hopefully they play at least 2-3 songs I don't know, because for some reason that is the COOLEST.

The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Philly Posts: 10,315
    Where's everyone hanging before the show Sunday?
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13;
    WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16;
    Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; SeaHearNow Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,711
    probably wishlist for me
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,587
    Dave, where are you sitting?  I think we have about the same 10C #.
    F76

Cliffy -- suggestions for amazing sushi in city not called Zama?  Thinking we will do Zama tonight but wanted to check to see if there is someplace I have not been that comes close/tops it.

Not sure yet.  A few dickhead friends that are local are picking a place a bit away from the Fens so that we can catch up beforehand.  Walking to show after that.

New video coming out soon....awesome:

• Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    edited August 2018
    F76

Cliffy -- suggestions for amazing sushi in city not called Zama?  Thinking we will do Zama tonight but wanted to check to see if there is someplace I have not been that comes close/tops it.

Zama is probably the best but Izumi  in passyunk is great and it’s a byob, though not sure that’s what you’re looking for

My wife and I had a great night at royal izakaya. You can get some of the sushi from the tasting menu on the regular menu (plus they have standard sushi) and they have a ton of other small plates and a pretty solid sake list
    Will check them out, thanks.
    Sake is something we both enjoy and most liquor stores have a shit selection.  (I am a sake snob as well as a sushi snob ;))  BYO may not be ideal but will take a look.

The sushi we had in Seattle on the day between shows was Top 5 all time.  Bill was sick but so was the food.  Sushi Kashiba if you are ever out there.

Will check them out, thanks.
    Sake is something we both enjoy and most liquor stores have a shit selection.  (I am a sake snob as well as a sushi snob ;))  BYO may not be ideal but will take a look.

The sushi we had in Seattle on the day between shows was Top 5 all time.  Bill was sick but so was the food.  Sushi Kashiba if you are ever out there.

That was my assumption about the sake.  I love Philly BYOs but not ideal for japanese given especially the state store selection.

I can imagine.  Philly isn't much of a sushi city, though I think it's getting better.
    Just read that Jessie and his pops from Fuji in Haddonfield run the sushi at Royal.
    Fuji is a place we used to go when we first moved back here but Jessie is the reason we stopped.  He was vocal about his dislike for what he was doing and he did a shit job of it.  Sitting at the sushi bar can be a magical experience, but he sucked at making it special.  His father is awesome, though. 
    Interesting sounding place & I love the way their site looks.
    edited August 2018
    The site for Izumi? I was curious so I checked it out. The fuck is this? That's not the restaurant at all: http://izumiphilly.com/
    Post edited by Jearlpam0925 on
    Ohhhh Izakaya's page - the Nintendo UI is neat.
    The site for Izumi? I was curious so I checked it out. The fuck is this? That's not the restaurant at all: http://izumiphilly.com/
    Ha dude. Idk. Their yelp and opentable stuff is all there but I don’t know what the fuck that site is
    Just read that Jessie and his pops from Fuji in Haddonfield run the sushi at Royal.
    Fuji is a place we used to go when we first moved back here but Jessie is the reason we stopped.  He was vocal about his dislike for what he was doing and he did a shit job of it.  Sitting at the sushi bar can be a magical experience, but he sucked at making it special.  His father is awesome, though. 
    Interesting. People seem to like it but that’s pretty interesting. Maybe he just hated you suburbanites!

we had a great time there, granted it was our first night out post baby, but we would definitely go back for the bar and smaller plates alone.  We definitely enjoyed the sushi too though we didn’t have a ton, one roll and some stuff from the tasting menu, maybe 10-12 pieces or so.
    edited August 2018
    Interesting. People seem to like it but that’s pretty interesting. Maybe he just hated you suburbanites!

we had a great time there, granted it was our first night out post baby, but we would definitely go back for the bar and smaller plates alone.  We definitely enjoyed the sushi too though we didn’t have a ton, one roll and some stuff from the tasting menu, maybe 10-12 pieces or so.
    I mentioned to the wife and she wanted to give him another chance.  I say 'fuck him' because I am an ass like that.
    His dad had fun with us the first time we went to Fuji and spoke with us the times thereafter but the son just wasn't into it, and told us so.  Glad he has found something he loves to do now.

Could fully understand him not liking us -- we are the round eye fuckers that order the weird stuff that usually only Japanese people would eat.  (Natto!  Ankimo!  Engawa!) 
    F76

First night I’m in F81
    second night I’m in B95
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Say hello if you see me / I'll do the same

I mentioned to the wife and she wanted to give him another chance.  I say 'fuck him' because I am an ass like that.
    His dad had fun with us the first time we went to Fuji and spoke with us the times thereafter but the son just wasn't into it, and told us so.  Glad he has found something he loves to do now.

Could fully understand him not liking us -- we are the round eye fuckers that order the weird stuff that usually only Japanese people would eat.  (Natto!  Ankimo!  Engawa!) 
    Haha I was only kidding. Though you’d think he would appreciate that 
    Say hello if you see me / I'll do the same
    will do man
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    what
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    edited September 2018
    This. 

They're in their mid 50's and have been a band for almost 30 years. Some people just have incredibly irrational expectations of them at this point. 
    my expectations are as follows...

care about your fans to not cancel shows 24 hours prior to the event
    make albums
    make songs that don't suck
    don't play stadium shows incessantly - where fan club tix result in people relying on video screens because even good seats are a mile from the stage
    don't pimp merch consistently
    don't release official circle jerk DVDs promoting specific baseball teams

some bands don't meet these simple requirements.  I prefer to go see bands such as sturgill simpson, mmj, deer tick, chris robinson brotherhood, war on drugs, dr dog, low cut connie, st paul and broken bones, LCD Soundsystem, Widespread Panic, Nathaniel Rateliff,  j roddy walston & the business, dawes, wilco, etc.  No need to pay for shit that expired a decade ago

have fun in boston for those of you going.  make sure you get drunk early because that city closes down early AF.  
    Post edited by The Fixer on
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,382
    nice win...fuck the cubs; fuck joe maddon.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    Wobbie said:
    nice win...fuck the cubs; fuck joe maddon.
    Why do you hate the Cubs?
    chinese-happy.jpg
    definitely needed that win last night.  Hopefully they can keep it up this weekend.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Good grief
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    Good grief
    I hear you man. Haha
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Philly Posts: 10,315
    We went to Izumi and brought champagne. Worked out great!
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13;
    WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16;
    Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; SeaHearNow Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    Good grief
    I hear you man. Haha
    Like I said, an easy 40-60%.
    We went to Izumi and brought champagne. Worked out great!
    This sounds like a great time. And I'm glad you did!