PHILLY (Loosely Related to The Philadelphia Phillies)

Comments

• F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    I actually stop Lighting Bolt before the last four songs as well.  
    All good.  

The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    Buckle Up and Retrograde are the ones so far that I like the least.  
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,139
    All good.  

Wow. I actually had to quickly look up the track listing to LB make sure I knew what songs you were talking about. Let the Records Play is absolute garbage and the others are largely forgettable. I think this album is waaaay better than LB.

I was thinking of No Code, Binaural and Riot Act. I love those albums from start to finish, but they all end on a softer notes too. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Buckle Up and Retrograde are the ones so far that I like the least.  
    I actually really like Buckle Up. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    I don’t think I have listened to LB all the way through more than 3 times 
    About half way through the Simmons interview so far. Enjoying it but Jesus Christ, the basketball analogies on every single question are almost parody at this point 
  • Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,712
    All good.  

Same here. These closing Gigaton songs are okay now as I play the album on a loop, but they likely won’t end up in any regular rotation. That said, I’ve listened to them more in the past few days then I’ve listened to Sleeping By Myself, Future Days, Yellow Moon, or Swallowed Whole in the past 7 years. 

I love the first four songs on Gigaton, and I like Seven o clock, and Never Destination. The solo in Take the Long Way is pretty cool too. These are the songs that will join my PJ “cannon” so to speak....a much higher percentage than S/T,  BS or LB had. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
    All good.  

Wow. I actually had to quickly look up the track listing to LB make sure I knew what songs you were talking about. Let the Records Play is absolute garbage and the others are largely forgettable. I think this album is waaaay better than LB.

I was thinking of No Code, Binaural and Riot Act. I love those albums from start to finish, but they all end on a softer notes too. 
    Yield is awesome front to back but B. and RA are records I don't listen to all through.  Tend to pick songs or if listening on the TT, just a side

The Simmons podcast was good shit. Real good stuff.
    Fuck...John prine is gonna die from corona.

• Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,757

I'm fucking holding my breath over here.

Fucking bummer. Dude has beat a lot.

https://youtu.be/e58y60Ozhxs

Seems sacrilegious for it to not be a Bonnie Raitt version but I think this is my favorite

https://youtu.be/ZrSK-0-MQ8s
    All good.  

Yield is awesome front to back but B. and RA are records I don't listen to all through.  Tend to pick songs or if listening on the TT, just a side

2/3/98 = Top of the mountain!
    chinese-happy.jpg
    edited March 2020

Seems sacrilegious for it to not be a Bonnie Raitt version but I think this is my favorite

Nothing wrong with some Bonnie Raitt - that's the height of what I would consider My Mom's Music:  Bonnie Raitt, Tracy Chapman, John Mellencamp.

Nothing wrong with some Bonnie Raitt - that's the height of what I would consider My Mom's Music:  Bonnie Raitt, Tracy Chapman, John Mellencamp.
    Moms are all about Tracy Chapman.
    Am I older than you guys?
    My mom was into Bette Midler and horrid shit like that.  Chapman came later...
    Am I older than you guys?
    My mom was into Bette Midler and horrid shit like that.  Chapman came later...
    haha, definitely older than me.  Chapman definitely came later, but she was all about her.  Kris Kristofferson is her all time fav
    Born in 74, but I'm the middle kid, so my mom had my brother in 70.
    Yeah my mom was a big Elvis fan in the 70's. During the Tracy Chapman era, she was more into, what we now consider, Yacht Rock. Basically anything on MGK before it flipped to classic rock in the 90's.
    chinese-happy.jpg
    edited March 2020
    I mean my Mom Rock starts with Springsteen at the Tower when my mom was in high school, I wanna say '75? She still has the leather key chain she got him to sign. In there is also Joni Mitchell, Steve Forbert, Bonnie Raitt, Tracy Chapman, and the biggest was The Coug.

But, yeah, they're the staples.
    Alright....getting through...hopefully....I cannot reiterate enough how nuts this all is...

• JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    Glad for you that you got called back in -- what business are you in that this weekend changed their outlook?

Sorry, just got back to this, mechanical & plumbing distribution. We supply material to a lot of hospitals.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
    Ahh, interesting
    Yes, hospitals need support.  Hope your work environment is safe.
    Anyone else utilize Tired Hands' delivery service yet?
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Is that sorta like "The Stranger" ?

(When you lay on top of your arm until the arm/hand falls asleep.....)
    Is that sorta like "The Stranger" ?

(When you lay on top of your arm until the arm/hand falls asleep.....)
    Local brewery in Ardmore
    https://www.tiredhands.com
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Just glanced at the site and looks like everything is sold out. I have about a case left, but going to need both that and wine in the not too distant future, depending on how long this thing goes.  My beer guy is still open, though not terribly keen on going in there.  Yards is doing delivery too, so may go that route.  Any suggestions on wine/booze?  Wine.com? Seems expensive.

Have been getting produce delivery from the Reading Terminal, which is awesome. Have a huge order of produce, seafood and meat coming from the Reading Terminal tomorrow.  Was going to do Italian Market, but this zip seems to be getting it the worst and that place isn't the most sanitary place in the city.

They will deliver from Reading Terminal (or Italian Market) basically anywhere.

https://www.mercato.com/store-results
    Just glanced at the site and looks like everything is sold out. I have about a case left, but going to need both that and wine in the not too distant future, depending on how long this thing goes.  My beer guy is still open, though not terribly keen on going in there.  Yards is doing delivery too, so may go that route.  Any suggestions on wine/booze?  Wine.com? Seems expensive.

Have been getting produce delivery from the Reading Terminal, which is awesome. Have a huge order of produce, seafood and meat coming from the Reading Terminal tomorrow.  Was going to do Italian Market, but this zip seems to be getting it the worst and that place isn't the most sanitary place in the city.

Tired Hands seems to update what's available late morning. I'm gonna check back around 11 or so.

How long have you had to wait for your order from Reading Terminal? My wife just placed an order from Giant and the eta is April 14th or so.

Also when I plug in my zip on that link, it hooks me up with a market in Ardmore?
    chinese-happy.jpg

Tired Hands seems to update what's available late morning. I'm gonna check back around 11 or so.

How long have you had to wait for your order from Reading Terminal? My wife just placed an order from Giant and the eta is April 14th or so.

Also when I plug in my zip on that link, it hooks me up with a market in Ardmore?
    Maybe they don't deliver that far, but from the advertising I saw or whatever I read, I was under the impression they deliver from the city to any zip code in the area.  I don't have to wait long at all.  I put in an order from 3 different places in the terminal yesterday and to get them all delivered at the same time, I was able to do tomorrow afternoon.  I did have to toggle between butchers because one of them wouldn't be ready until next Tuesday, but picked another one and it was able to be ready at the same time as everything else.

The wife has been doing Amazon for basics and snacks and what not for the kid.  She just puts a bunch of stuff in the cart and checks back every hour or so to see if they have any delivery times available.  They pop up from time to time
    Grocery store delivery seems rough.  The ShopRite site has everything listed but says they probably don't have most of it then yeah, there is no delivery available or it is weeks out.