Options

PHILLY (Loosely Related to The Philadelphia Phillies)

Comments

• Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,666
    I couldn't fit much else in the freezer or reading terminal would be tested to see if they deliver across the river.
    I like to fuck up some Giuntas, Riehl, Halteman, and one of the bakeries....but with a full freezer it seems whacked to buy a bunch of that shit now.
    Some killer steaks from Halteman's could be in the future.
    Oh....and some shrimp dumplings from Sang Kee.  
    Damn, now I am hungry at 920am.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,605
    I couldn't fit much else in the freezer or reading terminal would be tested to see if they deliver across the river.
    I like to fuck up some Giuntas, Riehl, Halteman, and one of the bakeries....but with a full freezer it seems whacked to buy a bunch of that shit now.
    Some killer steaks from Halteman's could be in the future.
    Oh....and some shrimp dumplings from Sang Kee.  
    Damn, now I am hungry at 920am.
    haha, yeah, we are about to restock our freezer.  Starting to get a little low.

We didn't order any steaks, had a solid steak a couple weeks ago, so held off on that for the time being.  That said, did get a boneless leg of lamb that I plan to do Sunday.  We did Giuntas, Iovine and Golden Fish.  Halteman was the one that wouldn't be ready until next week.  Was going to dip into cheeses and other stuff, but was already a good bit over $200 and got sticker shy.  Could go for some dumplings right about now though.

• Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,666
    Sounds good!
    Yeah going there gets pricey.
    Do you have an extra freezer?  Living in the city in guessing space is at more of a premium?
    We have enough to last a long time between the normal freezer and the garage full size freezer....but if the power goes out that all changes.  
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,334
    Everything was sold out for delivery at Tired Hands.

So, FUCK IT.

Just placed a $350 order for pick up for a few of us. I need to get out of the house for a bit. Good time to blast Gigaton in the car....talley ho, gents.

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,975

So, FUCK IT.

Just placed a $350 order for pick up for a few of us. I need to get out of the house for a bit. Good time to blast Gigaton in the car....talley ho, gents.

$350? What the hell did you order?
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options

So, FUCK IT.

$350? What the hell did you order?
    A lot of beer! It was for 3 people though. Actually, it's not that much beer, it's just rather expensive. The equivalent of a case is about a hundred bucks. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    hahah, so not much beer at all actually. 
  • Options
    Ha....well a case of that stuff, with just me drinking it, lasts a while. Not like I'm throwing back 12 of those at a time...
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    My booze stash is still strong but that might get me to go to an actual store.
    Also helps that it would be easy to walk in, grab a few handles, bring home, wipe down/make good and safe.
    ;)

Booze wins the day 
  • Options
    Ha....well a case of that stuff, with just me drinking it, lasts a while. Not like I'm throwing back 12 of those at a time...
    Fair enough. This shit has been super stressful and a gigantic pain in the ass for us. I have been pounding them back.  I am not really a stress drinker, but I have been these past few weeks. I thought I stocked up for the long haul, and need more booze already.
  • Options
    Also helps that it would be easy to walk in, grab a few handles, bring home, wipe down/make good and safe.
    ;)

Booze wins the day 
    This place wasn't messing around. They had us waiting outside, at least 6 feet apart. Then when you get to their window, they tell you to back up a few feet before placing your order on the table. They place it down, then quickly back up as you pick up your beer. Ha.

I don't feel too comfortable actually going inside places. Did that last night to pick up dinner at this local bbq place we like. I was surprised they didn't offer curbside pick up like most places are doing now. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    ;)

Booze wins the day 
    This place wasn't messing around. They had us waiting outside, at least 6 feet apart. Then when you get to their window, they tell you to back up a few feet before placing your order on the table. They place it down, then quickly back up as you pick up your beer. Ha.

I don't feel too comfortable actually going inside places. Did that last night to pick up dinner at this local bbq place we like. I was surprised they didn't offer curbside pick up like most places are doing now. 
    Yeah, I have heard of places doing things like that.  A guy I work with said he ordered wine from some spot in Jersey and he had to sit in his car, yell his name, they'd drop it off by the car then go back to the store, then you would get out and get it.

I am avoiding going in places at all costs.  We're still going for walks around our neighborhood and penns landing, but that's about it.
  • Options
    ;)

Booze wins the day 

Yeah, I have heard of places doing things like that.  A guy I work with said he ordered wine from some spot in Jersey and he had to sit in his car, yell his name, they'd drop it off by the car then go back to the store, then you would get out and get it.

I am avoiding going in places at all costs.  We're still going for walks around our neighborhood and penns landing, but that's about it.
    Me too.

And now that I am thinking about it further, I wish I did not enter that restaurant last night as there were a few others waiting in close proximity for their takeout orders. 

We are living in hell, Cliff. Hell!
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    ;)

Booze wins the day 

Me too.

And now that I am thinking about it further, I wish I did not enter that restaurant last night as there were a few others waiting in close proximity for their takeout orders. 

Dude, it is fucking horrible.  I am so thankful that my wife and my employment hasn't been impacted, but good fucking god this has been borderline impossible with a 2 year old two full time and busy jobs all in a rowhome.  I am mentally preparing for this to go through May, but if it goes further, I can't imagine.
  • Options
    We truly have the dumbest fucking human as President 
  • Options
    Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,810
    Revamp your expectations - this is going till July. What's gonna happen is it'll go till July, we'll come out of our holes until flu season picks up again and HOPEFULLY there's better (free, abundant, and quick) testing by then. THEN we're gonna go back into a lockdown I'd say around December,  January-ish. And THEN, hopefully, there's a vaccine by February.
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,748
    ;)

Booze wins the day 

Me too.

Dude, it is fucking horrible.  I am so thankful that my wife and my employment hasn't been impacted, but good fucking god this has been borderline impossible with a 2 year old two full time and busy jobs all in a rowhome.  I am mentally preparing for this to go through May, but if it goes further, I can't imagine.

It's the fucking worst.  Like you said, thankful my wife and I still have our jobs but holy shit everyday is a complete clusterfuck.  A 3 year old and a 10 month old who crawls and climbs all over everything are not ideal ages for this.  And the 3 year old deciding to stop napping the majority of days has been the cherry on top of this one.  I know one day we'll all look back on this and laugh about how brutal it was but hooly shit is it a struggle.
  • Options
    I agree about revamping expectations.
    Thankfully we are good as a company, only needed to lay off the temp workers...which is bad for them, but all of the W2s are still there.
    We largely support mall based retailers, which means that our income is limited at this point.

May have to take in one of my wife's sisters.  

Stuck in the house all of the time is brutal.
    I fucked up my foot a few weeks ago so I cannot even run, which was my release for the past year plus.  (Although I'm thinking one more week and I should be good to go again)

All of that said, i/we are lucky this far.

If people are still fucked in a few months this is going to get much, much worse.

Be safe y'all.
  • Options
    ;)

Booze wins the day 

Me too.

It's the fucking worst.  Like you said, thankful my wife and I still have our jobs but holy shit everyday is a complete clusterfuck.  A 3 year old and a 10 month old who crawls and climbs all over everything are not ideal ages for this.  And the 3 year old deciding to stop napping the majority of days has been the cherry on top of this one.  I know one day we'll all look back on this and laugh about how brutal it was but hooly shit is it a struggle.
    Fucking A. Got a 2.5 yr old and 6 month old. This is the hardest shit ever.
  • Options
    ;)

Booze wins the day 

Me too.

A complete clusterfuck and the hardest shit ever are perfect ways of putting it 
  • Options
    GoPuff is amazing. Just got Fed Nuts delivered in less than a half hour. Wish that shit was around when I smoked regularly. First time using it
  • Options
    ;)

Booze wins the day 

Me too.

Hang in there.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options
    ;)

Booze wins the day 

Me too.

Hang in there.
    Thanks man. As my grandmother says “no other way to be but fine”
  • Options
    Good stuff right here:

The Killer Flu of 1918: A Philadelphia Story https://nyti.ms/2xJYf4C
  • Options
    These 86 Topps cards are the first I remember collecting

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

one of my fav Topps years for baseabll cards. I know I have cards from '78 but i doubt i started collecting then since i was like 5 years old.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,750
    edited April 2020

I’ll trade ya a 1991 Fleer Mickey Morandini card for that Hayes. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options

This one?
    I feel like those road grays are underrated and somewhat forgotten as they only wore them for three years before switching to the current jersey. If they ever go back to that style, I'd prefer this to the blue...
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

one of my fav Topps years for baseabll cards. I know I have cards from '78 but i doubt i started collecting then since i was like 5 years old.
    Wow you were born in '73? I'm '78 so 1986 cards are right in my wheelhouse
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,750
    edited April 2020

This one?
    I feel like those road grays are underrated and somewhat forgotten as they only wore them for three years before switching to the current jersey. If they ever go back to that style, I'd prefer this to the blue...
    That’s the one. I had the whole 1991 Fleer collection. That was a common xmas gift for me when I was a kid: one of those boxes with all the year’s cards. 

It’s a shame that sports cards are a thing of the past. It was fun collecting them. I’ve held onto a Barry Bonds rookie card (Donruss) for decades. I figured when I was a kid that it would be worth millions when I was older....

You can get it for $5 on eBay right now. 

Edit: After scrolling down more, you can get that Bonds card for 99 cents lol
    Post edited by Ledbetterman10 on
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com