Options

PHILLY (Loosely Related to The Philadelphia Phillies)

Comments

• Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,341
    pjhawks said:
    I think the fact that most people don't like or even hate Buckle up.....makes me enjoy it that much more. It's so fucking weird and the messed up lyrics don't match the upbeat music what so ever.....I don't know. I find it endearing!

Plus, I don't care what they say, that's a god damned trombone being played in that one part.
    one thing i do enjoy about this album is the different sounds on it.  different than what they usually do. probably why i don't really like who ever said, that is so supersonic-ish
    Hmmm...supersonic, really? It is a faster song, yeah....but whoever said just sounds more raw to me. Supersonic has that shiny sheen to it that I don't feel with this one. I did not get any Backspacer vibes from this album, thankfully.  

Damn it. Now I need to quickly find a way to get that damn song out of my head.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,667
    David, I hope you keep a close eye and as suggested book a telehealth deal with your GP

Album is still the same to me....first 2/3 I can pretty much dig.  1st four songs are a set above the second.
    The last 4?
    Meh.

The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,218
    pjhawks said:
    I think the fact that most people don't like or even hate Buckle up.....makes me enjoy it that much more. It's so fucking weird and the messed up lyrics don't match the upbeat music what so ever.....I don't know. I find it endearing!

Plus, I don't care what they say, that's a god damned trombone being played in that one part.
    one thing i do enjoy about this album is the different sounds on it.  different than what they usually do. probably why i don't really like who ever said, that is so supersonic-ish
    Hmmm...supersonic, really? It is a faster song, yeah....but whoever said just sounds more raw to me. Supersonic has that shiny sheen to it that I don't feel with this one. I did not get any Backspacer vibes from this album, thankfully.  

Damn it. Now I need to quickly find a way to get that damn song out of my head.
    Just that’s it’s blah to me like  supersonic. Both songs to me are like ok we need a faster rocker someone go take 10 minutes to write a quick one and we will record it.  

Of course you admit to liking buckle up so gotta question your taste anyway 😜
  • Options
    Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,811
    David, I hope you keep a close eye and as suggested book a telehealth deal with your GP

Album is still the same to me....first 2/3 I can pretty much dig.  1st four songs are a set above the second.
    The last 4?
    Meh.

Yeah, agreed, this is where I'm at.
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,983
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    Giroux was about the 5th best player on the Flyers this year so seeing him on the list and ahead of Couturier is because of his career. my list

1 - Carson Wentz
    2 - Bryce Harper
    3 - Ben Simmons
    4 - Joel Embiid (hurt too much and a clown - more talented than Simmons but if I had to choose 1 i'd take Simmons...now come at me)
    5 - JT Realmuto
    6 - Sean Couturier
    7 - Zach Ertz
    8  - Fletcher Cox
    9 - Travis Konecny
    10 - Jason Kelce

top honorable mentions: Aaron Nola, Carter Hart, Lane Johnson, Ivan Provorov, Brandon Brooks.

not sure how that guy has Voracek  and Hayes ahead of Hart or Provorov

• Options
    Sounds about right. Don't know much about the Flyers guys, but I'd have Ertz and Nola a little higher. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    yeah i agree. Also i was pretty shocked that JT Realmuto was that high. I would have had Ertz and Nola ahead of him at least.

8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options
    yeah i agree. Also i was pretty shocked that JT Realmuto was that high. I would have had Ertz and Nola ahead of him at least.

He might be the best catcher in the game though, albeit underrated...
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,606
    Role models is underrated when it comes to that comedy run 
  • Options
    The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    new PJ album is better than expected, but still blah compared to the good new music out there.  I barely even listen to PJ anymore, don't even have PJ radio as a preset in my car
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,667
    I haven't driven anywhere in my car in well over a month.  Started it for the first time in Saturday and let it run for a bit.
    Pearl Jam Radio was on....
  • Options
    To have PJ Radio don't you have to pay for Sirius? Other than the free trial I had I've never understood the benefit of it, certainly not for the price.
  • Options
    I haven't driven anywhere in my car in well over a month.  Started it for the first time in Saturday and let it run for a bit.

not even to go to the grocery store or something like that?

I think i've driven maybe like 20 miles total since the quarantine. Like 5 times to the grocery store, once to the pet store, once to the vet and once to the record store to pick up Gigaton album.

8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options
    To have PJ Radio don't you have to pay for Sirius? Other than the free trial I had I've never understood the benefit of it, certainly not for the price.
    I drive between 35-45k miles per year.  It's worth every penny.  
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,261
    You should drive it for at least about 20 minutes once a week, not just run the engine.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    The Fixer said:
    I mean I have the interwebs on my phone - podcasts, Spotify, Pandora, my gigantic music library on its own, etc etc - so I just don't get it. It seemed like an outdated model like 10 years ago, so it amazes me it's still around.
  • Options
    The Fixer said:
    I mean I have the interwebs on my phone - podcasts, Spotify, Pandora, my gigantic music library on its own, etc etc - so I just don't get it. It seemed like an outdated model like 10 years ago, so it amazes me it's still around.
    I love the brent musberger gambling channel.  Being able to listen to games (which I usually have money on) during road trips is a must.  Recently I've been back into howard stern, who is still funny.  It's like $60 for the year I believe - really isn't much.

I also caved and joined spotify premier.  Finally gave up on using my ipod, which really sucks for music reasons.  I am anti-phone streaming music.  Pretty much impossible to listen to live bootlegs these days.  Wish I was smart enough to create a solution for the glaring hole in the music storage/steaming market.

Also, how does andy macphail still have a job?
  • Options
    Been re-watching mad men during this government imprisonment.  Has always been my favorite show ever and second time through confirms this.  Fucking love it.
  • Options
    Golf is open for business on Friday!
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2020

I think i've driven maybe like 20 miles total since the quarantine. Like 5 times to the grocery store, once to the pet store, once to the vet and once to the record store to pick up Gigaton album.

Ive gone nowhere I did not walk or run myself.  (And that would keep me within a 6 mile radius and those were just for daily exercise between 0-12 miles)

Being vigilant.  Even though I think we've had it in our household my wife has a compromised immune system and I don't see the point of doing it (or anything else) half assed.

I likely should drive the car around some, but without a place to go it seems boring.
  • Options
    edited April 2020

Ive gone nowhere I did not walk or run myself.  (And that would keep me within a 6 mile radius and those were just for daily exercise between 0-12 miles)

Being vigilant.  Even though I think we've had it in our household my wife has a compromised immune system and I don't see the point of doing it (or anything else) half assed.

I likely should drive the car around some, but without a place to go it seems boring.
    Saturday felt like that - almost like people justified that they didn't want to go out out (to a park, walk, etc) but almost like going aimlessly for a drive was a happy compromise. Also, Saturday made me realize that absolutely no one is going to be able to do this in June/July/August. I very much enjoy every shore town basically saying, "Shoobie, go home!", then come Memorial Day they're all gonna be the mayor from Jaws.
  • Options
    I like the Mayor Vaughn reference.  So fucking true.
    People down there are already bugging out, it is gonna be crazy if their economy gets messed with.
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    I like the Mayor Vaughn reference.  So fucking true.
    People down there are already bugging out, it is gonna be crazy if their economy gets messed with.
    Have you guys seen this?

https://youtu.be/RGdeWfQBeRE
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Ha!
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,606
    Clay Travis is possibly the biggest douche nozzle in this country.

Two things can be true at the same time. It is much less deadly than originally thought. Pretty sure the Atlantic had that in February. While it has also killed 50k people in 60 days while shutting down the entire country.
  • Options
    I'm gonna enjoy post-Covid and just gutting my family and friend network of all lunatics with zero regret.
  • Options
    Clay Travis is possibly the biggest douche nozzle in this country.

Two things can be true at the same time. It is much less deadly than originally thought. Pretty sure the Atlantic had that in February. While it has also killed 50k people in 60 days while shutting down the entire country.

agree on Clay Travis but found the numbers, if they are correct, to be quite interesting.  If/when we determine who is dying and why they are dying then we can determine who can return to some sense of normalcy. nothing wrong with looking at the numbers. with the rate of infection of this virus and that it was here before we really knew it, have to think that a large portion of us have already been exposed to it.

I found it a good sign to hear today that major league baseball is looking at a June return in home ballparks. Trying to be as positive as possible that we will come out of this to some extent sooner rather than later.

also thought the Blue Angels was pretty cool today.  Flew pretty close to my house in the 'burbs.
  • Options
    Blue Angels flyover....would like to see how much that cost us.