Options

PHILLY (Loosely Related to The Philadelphia Phillies)

Comments

• Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,601
    How you pricks hanging in there?

We're managing. Have had a lot of help with the daughter this week, but am sure that is going to dry up as this goes on.  Work has been absolutely insane.  Sad to see all the businesses close. Am sure plenty will not reopen which is sad.  I am very concerned about the future of our daycare and offered to pay a portion if this goes past 2 weeks if it helps keep them in business.  The dog is getting a lot of walks to make sure I get out to at least see the sun and go for a walk.  Going to be interesting.
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,279
    I've been working from home since Friday. The fucking mortgage industry, man.....I haven't been this busy since '13ish. 12-14 hour days are flying by like nothing. But then all of a sudden, this afternoon rates shot way the hell up and we were not given any warning--so who knows what it's gonna be like moving forward.

But, yeah, I got friends just kind of lounging around at home or the ones with kids dealing with them more so than working. Meanwhile I've been working my ass off. Weird times .
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    I've been working from home since Friday. The fucking mortgage industry, man.....I haven't been this busy since '13ish. 12-14 hour days are flying by like nothing. But then all of a sudden, this afternoon rates shot way the hell up and we were not given any warning--so who knows what it's gonna be like moving forward.

But, yeah, I got friends just kind of lounging around at home or the ones with kids dealing with them more so than working. Meanwhile I've been working my ass off. Weird times .
    Yeah, man, I have been busting my ass too.

Wait, rates shot up today? I filled out an application earlier this week to refi...wtf
  • Options
    Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,779
    Yeah, I thought rates couldn't get any lower?

Anyway, yeah, luckily the wife is a teacher. She's keeping the 2 year old busy with plenty of activities while the 5 month old is literally attached to her.

Our daycare said they'd be open but I have no idea. I might want to check in with the wife whether they'll still be around. I mean we're keeping our kids home, but I really dont know the protocol here - I guess I have to keep paying for time we're not using, just the way it goes.

What's great work-wise is I think my company is gonna realize how much we don't have to be there to do this job and they'll save a shit ton on rent. But it's busy since it's quarter close. Working from home is usually bullshit,  but when you have to actually, ya know, work it ain't easy sometimes when the other spouse wants a break and two kids are screaming their heads off.

So glad we sold our house just in time before all of this, too. We close on the 3rd and our realtor said there's no contractual way for them to get out now, haha, though I know I'm being irrational.

• Options
    If you didn't lock the rate, you should call your loan officer/broker in the morning to touch base. Sharpest increase in such a short amount of time that I can remember...could seesaw right back down. I don't fucking know anymore!
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Also----really liking these last two snippets they put out. Just give us the god damned album early you assholes. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    If you didn't lock the rate, you should call your loan officer/broker in the morning to touch base. Sharpest increase in such a short amount of time that I can remember...could seesaw right back down. I don't fucking know anymore!
    Yeah, that sucks. Nothing is locked in. Dragged my feet on responding with work being so crazy.  Just shot him an email to see what's up.  A friend of a friend so he'll be straight with me too.  Plus we're looking to leave eventually so not desperate to refi but made sense given the rates and we'll probably try to keep it when we move, assuming we don't need the cash. We shall see.
  • Options
    Yeah, I thought rates couldn't get any lower?

Anyway, yeah, luckily the wife is a teacher. She's keeping the 2 year old busy with plenty of activities while the 5 month old is literally attached to her.

Our daycare said they'd be open but I have no idea. I might want to check in with the wife whether they'll still be around. I mean we're keeping our kids home, but I really dont know the protocol here - I guess I have to keep paying for time we're not using, just the way it goes.

What's great work-wise is I think my company is gonna realize how much we don't have to be there to do this job and they'll save a shit ton on rent. But it's busy since it's quarter close. Working from home is usually bullshit,  but when you have to actually, ya know, work it ain't easy sometimes when the other spouse wants a break and two kids are screaming their heads off.

So glad we sold our house just in time before all of this, too. We close on the 3rd and our realtor said there's no contractual way for them to get out now, haha, though I know I'm being irrational.

Picking up one of those produce guys tomorrow.  Thanks for that.

Sweet on the closing. Congrats. Am sure that's a relief.

Awesome the wife can do that, mine is just as busy as I am so it's going to be a complete shit show once our help runs out. Should be fun.  I can't do the work from home thing permanently. I need an office to go into to see people. I am doing alright so far, but going to definitely get stir crazy
  • Options
    That produce is a good deal. People were super nice, too. Might have made me a repeat customer.

Ohhhh yeah, so pumped. We listed the house on a Tuesday, the next day we had 9 showings and an offer 10k over asking. So glad to be done with it, but will definitely miss that house.

I think most jobs in a corporate environment don't need to be a M-F, 9-5er as much as they are. Some form of rotating offices or We Work style would be cool with me.
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,728
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    W
    F
    C
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    The thing to do tonight: stream this 'Til Further Notice concert that Willie is putting on: http://luckreunion.com/tilfurthernotice
  • Options
    Seems like some people on fb are saying they heard the album....sure wish I had.

All I know: after Wolfmoon, my hopes were dashed slightly.....however I have loved all of the snippets they've put out this week. Release the fucking album already!
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,878
    Seems like some people on fb are saying they heard the album....sure wish I had.

All I know: after Wolfmoon, my hopes were dashed slightly.....however I have loved all of the snippets they've put out this week. Release the fucking album already!

yeah i'm not sure how that happened. Did amazon or whoever deliver the album early? Yeah the snippets sound good. I guess i'll wait another week.

How you pricks hanging in there?

We're managing. Have had a lot of help with the daughter this week, but am sure that is going to dry up as this goes on.  Work has been absolutely insane.  Sad to see all the businesses close. Am sure plenty will not reopen which is sad.  I am very concerned about the future of our daycare and offered to pay a portion if this goes past 2 weeks if it helps keep them in business.  The dog is getting a lot of walks to make sure I get out to at least see the sun and go for a walk.  Going to be interesting.
    I'm doing ok i guess. I work in retail (mostly clothing store) and our store closed on Tuesday. They said the return date is around april 1 though. I do have like 4 weeks vacation this year so that's good and we're allowed to file for unemployment.  I live in a small one bedroom apartment by myself (and my cat). Times like these wish I had a roommate or spouse or something.

bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    Fuck the leak. I can last one more week. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options
    ^
    they're back, baby....they're back!
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    ^
    Rocking? Or cooking for Jewish singles?

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options
    ^
    Rocking? Or cooking for Jewish singles?
    A nice healthy mix
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    God damnit. A friend just emailed me the album. Really fucking trying hard not to listen and wait a measly week.....
  • Options
    God damnit. A friend just emailed me the album. Really fucking trying hard not to listen and wait a measly week.....
    I normally try to hold out until the release date but....fuck it. We are living in weird times.

It's the album we need right now. DO IT.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    No Juggler. Friday is the day for me. I’m working from home now due to Covid19, but nevertheless, I took a personal day on Friday. I’m not even going to put on a facade that I’m working hard that day (as I will Tues-Thurs), it’s all about this album. Wine, weed, and the album. I feel like I’m in high school again going waiting for Yield. Except, I’ve enjoyed SBWM now way more than I enjoyed GTF in the lead-up to Yield. Oh yeah, I just said that shit!

I’m not a holier-than-thou listener that would begrudge a leak downloader. I’ve done it myself (until my internet provider told me if they get one more copyright complaint, I’m toast), but it’s different for me with PJ albums. Again, not for any moral reasons. But Riot Act was the first PJ album where I downloaded leaked tracks, and it kinda ruined that excitement I described with Yield, or am experiencing with Gigaton; eagerly anticipating the release day. Hell, I have nothing else to look forward to right now. None of us do. Opening day was supposed to be this Thursday! 

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options
    No Juggler. Friday is the day for me. I’m working from home now due to Covid19, but nevertheless, I took a personal day on Friday. I’m not even going to put on a facade that I’m working hard that day (as I will Tues-Thurs), it’s all about this album. Wine, weed, and the album. I feel like I’m in high school again going waiting for Yield. Except, I’ve enjoyed SBWM now way more than I enjoyed GTF in the lead-up to Yield. Oh yeah, I just said that shit!

I’m not a holier-than-thou listener that would begrudge a leak downloader. I’ve done it myself (until my internet provider told me if they get one more copyright complaint, I’m toast), but it’s different for me with PJ albums. Again, not for any moral reasons. But Riot Act was the first PJ album where I downloaded leaked tracks, and it kinda ruined that excitement I described with Yield, or am experiencing with Gigaton; eagerly anticipating the release day. Hell, I have nothing else to look forward to right now. None of us do. Opening day was supposed to be this Thursday! 
    I hear you. And, like I said, I am usually that way. But with this bullshit we are living through, I couldn't wait.

Strong comment on SBWM. I disagree wholeheartedly! That's actually my second least favorite song on Gig right now---not a reflection of the song, more so with how strong the album is. 

Had this been the follow up to Yield, I don't think people would've had a problem with it. It's a damn good album and I can't wait to talk to more people about it!
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

I hear you. And, like I said, I am usually that way. But with this bullshit we are living through, I couldn't wait.

Strong comment on SBWM. I disagree wholeheartedly! That's actually my second least favorite song on Gig right now---not a reflection of the song, more so with how strong the album is. 

Had this been the follow up to Yield, I don't think people would've had a problem with it. It's a damn good album and I can't wait to talk to more people about it!
    I love to hear that’s your second-to-least favorite. Means I’ll probably love the album. It’s more of a vibe and energy thing about that song that I like more than anything. I dismissed it on first listen as a Blandspacer outtake, and I could see how some would still think that even after digesting it, but I dig it. It’s title notwithstanding lol. 

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    I got laid off Friday but called back in yesterday. Fingers crossed. Good luck to everyone else. I'm waiting for the album. Hopefully I can curbside pick-up the album from my record store on Friday.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,625
    Glad for you that you got called back in -- what business are you in that this weekend changed their outlook?

The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    Ladies and gentlemen....your 1995 PHILADEPHIA PHILLIES!!!!!

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,225
    Only 8 man rosters back in those days, eh?
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,878
    edited March 2020
    Ladies and gentlemen....your 1995 PHILADEPHIA PHILLIES!!!!!

I think i can name all but 2 off the top of my head.
    top row: Greg Jeffries, ???, Lenny Dykstra, Mickey Morandini, Jim Eisenrich
    bottom row: ??? (looks familiar) Dutch Daulton, Dave Hollins (?)

edit: is the one on the bottom Ricky Jordon?
    Post edited by eeriepadave on
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    Jefferies (still can't believe how much they spent on him), Stocker, Dykstra, Morandini, fuckshitcock I mean Eisenriech, Hayes, Dutch, Hollins.

What a disappointment that team was. First, they had the balls to wear some stupid blue hat (I think on Sunday games), and more importantly they went from 1st in the first half of the season to dead last. I mean it didn't help that Dykstra and Daulton got hurt. I'm pretty sure everything turned when Daulton got hurt sliding into 2nd base.
  • Options
    And heyyyyyyy I'm not listening to this album yet, but I really, really, really like Quick Escape. Still like Dance... more, but this song is strong.