The Pizza Thread

Comments

• PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    mcgruff10 said:
    rgambs said:
    I may get banned for this, but...
    Damn, aren't you getting tired of pizza??? lol
    You are ALWAYS welcome in my pizza thread, gambs!  Gotta maintain the balance from the NY/NJ "cardboard lords."  :lol:
    Wow. Those are fighting words. 
    H-h-h-h-h-h-eh!  (my best typed impression of Peter Griffin chuckling).
    Your onomatopoeia skills need a little work! :lol:
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,587
    NY/NJ Pizza Authority (NYNJPA) represent!

I was in an airport today and almost projectile vomited when I saw slices of doughy goop. 
    People will call anything pizza ;)
    Wanted to take a pic for y'all to scoff at but I resisted.  If people like it and they are hungry I am fine with it.  (But it looked disgusting)

The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,382
    Padova pizza

meh.

give me some ohio pizza.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • NinetytworulesNinetytworules Boston Posts: 454
    Caio e Pepe unbelievably good!!
  • H.ChinaskiH.Chinaski Brooklyn, NY Posts: 1,596
    #drool
    Pine Knob, MI Lollapalooza 1992 / Soldier Field, Chicago 1995 / Savage Hall, Toledo 1996 / Palace, Detroit 1998 / Palace, Detroit 2000 / Pine Knob, MI 2003 / Showbox, Seattle 2004 / MSG, NYC 2008 / Key Arena I & II, Seattle 2009 / Eddie Vedder Beacon, NYC 2011 / Eddie Vedder Benaroya, Hall Seattle 2011 / Barclays, Brooklyn I &II 2013 / Wells Fargo, Philadelphia II 2013 / Wuhlheide, Berlin, Germany 2014 / Wells Fargo, Philadelphia 1 2016 / Madison Square Garden, NYC 2 2016 / Wrigley 2, Chicago 2016/ Fenway 1, Boston 2018/
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,926
    Is it like fettuccine Alfredo? 
    bbiggs said:
    Is it like fettuccine Alfredo? 
    No cream. Parmigiana regiano black pepper and butter. Most basic dish of all time and the best.
    This is a broccoli flan. I don’t know what the fuck that is but it’s delicious 
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    This is a broccoli flan. I don’t know what the fuck that is but it’s delicious 
    daaaaaaaamn
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    edited June 2018
    This is one of the best dishes in the world, when done well 
    Post edited by Cliffy6745 on
    The recent food posts by ninetytworules has opened my eyes to a whole new world. Lol. I’m literally trying to convince my wife to go to Italy for our upcoming 10 year anniversary because of this! Looks amazing. 
    edited June 2018
    Inspired by some of your dope looking pies from Italia. Pizza night at mine in Brooklyn. Sausies and Shrooms on the first and all the veggies on the 2nd. Not too shabby!
    Post edited by H.Chinaski on
    Pine Knob, MI Lollapalooza 1992 / Soldier Field, Chicago 1995 / Savage Hall, Toledo 1996 / Palace, Detroit 1998 / Palace, Detroit 2000 / Pine Knob, MI 2003 / Showbox, Seattle 2004 / MSG, NYC 2008 / Key Arena I & II, Seattle 2009 / Eddie Vedder Beacon, NYC 2011 / Eddie Vedder Benaroya, Hall Seattle 2011 / Barclays, Brooklyn I &II 2013 / Wells Fargo, Philadelphia II 2013 / Wuhlheide, Berlin, Germany 2014 / Wells Fargo, Philadelphia 1 2016 / Madison Square Garden, NYC 2 2016 / Wrigley 2, Chicago 2016/ Fenway 1, Boston 2018/
  • Inspired by some of your dope looking pies from Italia. Pizza night at mine in Brooklyn. Sausies and Shrooms on the first and all the veggies on the 2nd. Not too shabby!

You're doing great work with the pizzas!

I'll take the sausage and shrooms (my favourite combo... with green olives as well).
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    Great lookin pies Chinaski! I’m not a shroom fan but otherwise that’s mouthwatering! Veggie pie looks freakin amazing.
    Nice work on the pies Chinaski! What kinda shrooms are we talking about there? ;) 
    bbiggs said:
    The recent food posts by ninetytworules has opened my eyes to a whole new world. Lol. I’m literally trying to convince my wife to go to Italy for our upcoming 10 year anniversary because of this! Looks amazing. 
    I hope you win that argument!! Keep me posted I can recommend some places if you like. 
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    bbiggs said:
    Head up to the Dolomites if you do!
    Typical "Italian" food gets all the attention but we found the Austro-Hungarian influenced fare to be more interesting.  The flavor profiles and choices were MUCH more diverse.  German style bread and wines may be the most underrated European delights.
    Plus the scenery absolutely destroys anything south of Trento and the town's are far less touristy.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
    bbiggs said:
    Nice work on the pies Chinaski! What kinda shrooms are we talking about there? ;) 
    Thanks ya'll! I like to use baby bella's. 
  • HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,377
    Chin-chin, Chinaski. Pies look great.
    rgambs said:
    bbiggs said:
    Typical "Italian" food gets all the attention but we found the Austro-Hungarian influenced fare to be more interesting.  The flavor profiles and choices were MUCH more diverse.  German style bread and wines may be the most underrated European delights.
    Plus the scenery absolutely destroys anything south of Trento and the town's are far less touristy.
    I ate one of the best meals of my life in Bolzano: home made gnocchi with crab meat and red sauce along with some local red wine.  

bbiggs said:
    Thanks ya'll! I like to use baby bella's. 
    Yeah excellent looking pies!
    Inspired by some of your dope looking pies from Italia. Pizza night at mine in Brooklyn. Sausies and Shrooms on the first and all the veggies on the 2nd. Not too shabby!
    Beauties !!
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    mcgruff10 said:
    rgambs said:
    bbiggs said:
    I ate one of the best meals of my life in Bolzano: home made gnocchi with crab meat and red sauce along with some local red wine.  
    That sounds incredible!
    rgambs said:
    bbiggs said:

don’t know about the northern italian, but I had a buddy in vegas who had been a sous chef at caesars palace and later cooked at a “real” italian place in a strip mall. the sauces were much more brown than red. food was incredible. funny, tho, one night we capped off all the italian food with shots of ouzo. :lol:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    rgambs said:
    bbiggs said:

don’t know about the northern italian, but I had a buddy in vegas who had been a sous chef at caesars palace and later cooked at a “real” italian place in a strip mall. the sauces were much more brown than red. food was incredible. funny, tho, one night we capped off all the italian food with shots of ouzo. :lol:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    ^^^ too obtuse for me.

????????

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    Wobbie said:
    rgambs said:
    bbiggs said:

Cool story Bro!
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    edited June 2018
    Wobbie said:
    ^^^ too obtuse for me.

????????
    YOU’RE too obtuse!

http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/266838/the-you-are-thread#latest
    Post edited by dankind on
    I SAW PEARL JAM