Options

The Pizza Thread

Comments

• Options
    Hi!Hi! Posts: 3,095
    edited November 2018
    In honor of the controversial Thanksgiving pizza:

I love the mushrooms like that. Im pretty sure they are store cut. I cant go for the slimy canned shrooms.
    Bon Appetit! 
    Post edited by Hi! on

Detroit 2000, Detroit 2003 1-2, Grand Rapids VFC 2004, Philly 2005, Grand Rapids 2006, Detroit 2006, Cleveland 2006, Lollapalooza 2007, Detroit Eddie Solo 2011, Detroit 2014, Chicago 2016 1-2, Chicago 2018 1-2, Ohana Encore 2021 1-2, Chicago Eddie/Earthlings 2022 1-2, Nashville 2022, St. Louis 2022

• Options
    Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
    In honor of the controversial Thanksgiving pizza:

yay
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827

And 

I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,617
    Made it to Jackson, today, home of Brooklyn Square Pizza
    Both were good but the sicilian/upsidedown was superior stuff

The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,930
    ^ Holy F! That top one looks outstanding 
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,843
    edited November 2018
    The upside down is where it s at!! Glad you liked it.  The pecorino romano sprinkled over it puts it over the top. 
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,617
    Yeah it was excellent.  So tough to say "best" - I consider Manco & Manco's Sicilian to be on par.  Also think the Upsidedown Jawn at Angelo's may me better.
    So f-inf good, though, and I can see why it gets the press it does.
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,843
    Yeah “the best” is so tough to say however it is Definitely a superior pie.  What was the other one you ordered?
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    Pete's Special.  Was good, their version of a grandma.
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,450

what’s with the SC hat?
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    dankind said:

And 

F’me’s four year old could do better.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Wobbie said:

what’s with the SC hat?
    I took it off and put it on the table when I sat down...they put the pizza on a tray, above it.  Was unintentional placement.
  • Options
    Wobbie said:

what’s with the SC hat?
    I took it off and put it on the table when I sat down...they put the pizza on a tray, above it.  Was unintentional placement.

sounds like you know the rules of etiquette!

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,255

Looks fantastic
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,515
    Hi! said:
    I think that pizza looks pretty good. Looks like a pan super supreme from Pizza Hut, which is actually one of my favorites if Im getting a cheap chain pizza.

Pizza Hut is trash.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,816
    PJ_Soul said:
    Hi! said:
    I think that pizza looks pretty good. Looks like a pan super supreme from Pizza Hut, which is actually one of my favorites if Im getting a cheap chain pizza.

Pizza Hut is trash.
    it's my dad's go-to. I'm convinced it is based solely on the super-slippery greasiness of the crust. so gross. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,515
    PJ_Soul said:
    Hi! said:

Pizza Hut is trash.
    it's my dad's go-to. I'm convinced it is based solely on the super-slippery greasiness of the crust. so gross. 
    Yeah, the "deep dish" crust is like a sponge that is both dry and soaked in oil at the same time. It seems impossible, but they manage it, lol.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Stop, ya'll making me hungry! 

Detroit 2000, Detroit 2003 1-2, Grand Rapids VFC 2004, Philly 2005, Grand Rapids 2006, Detroit 2006, Cleveland 2006, Lollapalooza 2007, Detroit Eddie Solo 2011, Detroit 2014, Chicago 2016 1-2, Chicago 2018 1-2, Ohana Encore 2021 1-2, Chicago Eddie/Earthlings 2022 1-2, Nashville 2022, St. Louis 2022

• Options

Anybody ever get this audio cassette? They rocked,lol! I do remember getting this when I was younger, forgot what it sounded like. Gonna see if I can find the audio on the interweb.

• Options
    Hi! said:

What does a pizza, or the piza buffét, cost at Pizza Hut?

Here in Sweden Pizza Hut is V-E-R-Y expensive. And I never met anyone that really goes there.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    Hi! said:

Here in Sweden Pizza Hut is V-E-R-Y expensive. And I never met anyone that really goes there.
    Its cheap if you use coupons. Otherwise its on highside for a cheap chain if youre not getting a special. It depends on toppings as well. Like 1 large one topping would be like $13 or so.
    Buffett would be like $7 or so.
    Post edited by Hi! on

• Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,255
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    Hi! said:

Pizza Hut is trash.
    Yeah, the "deep dish" crust is like a sponge that is both dry and soaked in oil at the same time. It seems impossible, but they manage it, lol.
    Pizza Hut is vastly superior to any of the other big pizza fast foody chains.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    Hi! said:

I wonder, in Sweden, if they still actually bake the pizza in iron pans instead of putting them thru a high speed conveyor?  When I was a kid and Pizza Hut was a dine-in only restaurant, the quality of their pizza was excellent.  Since they began delivery in the 80s and have since joined Papa John's & Domino's in the fast-pie method, their quality and prices have gone down. They are still usually a couple dollars more than the other two, but they're starting to become more coupon-y in order to keep up.
    They used to be great and the cost was justified, now - like almost everything else in the US - they've turned to shit.
  • Options
    Hi! said:

I wonder, in Sweden, if they still actually bake the pizza in iron pans instead of putting them thru a high speed conveyor?  When I was a kid and Pizza Hut was a dine-in only restaurant, the quality of their pizza was excellent.  Since they began delivery in the 80s and have since joined Papa John's & Domino's in the fast-pie method, their quality and prices have gone down. They are still usually a couple dollars more than the other two, but they're starting to become more coupon-y in order to keep up.
    They used to be great and the cost was justified, now - like almost everything else in the US - they've turned to shit.
    I agree about the sit down part -- when in High School, we loved it.  Remember them bringing the pans out to the table with their 'tongs' and how we would dig in.
  • Options
    Hi! said:

I agree about the sit down part -- when in High School, we loved it.  Remember them bringing the pans out to the table with their 'tongs' and how we would dig in.
    Yep, and the waiter/waitress would cut and serve the first round to the whole table.
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Hi! said:

Yep, and the waiter/waitress would cut and serve the first round to the whole table.
    Pizza Hut was just what your team did after playing a Little League game. The coaches would have a pitcher of beer; the kids would have pitchers of Pepsi. Everyone would talk about the key plays of the game, etc. Does this still happen in any way, shape or form?
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    dankind said:
    Hi! said:

Pizza Hut was just what your team did after playing a Little League game. The coaches would have a pitcher of beer; the kids would have pitchers of Pepsi. Everyone would talk about the key plays of the game, etc. Does this still happen in any way, shape or form?
    All we got after games was a sample cup of soda from the concession and a pack of Nip-Chee's to split with a couple teammates.
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,220
    dankind said:
    Hi! said:

Did you play for coach Buttermaker?
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    ed243421ed243421 Posts: 7,631

The whole world will be different soon... - EV
    RED ROCKS 6-19-95
    AUGUSTA 9-26-96
    MANSFIELD 9-15-98
    BOSTON 9-29-04
    BOSTON 5-25-06
    MANSFIELD 6-30-08
    EV SOLO BOSTON 8-01-08
    BOSTON 5-17-10
    EV SOLO BOSTON 6-16-11
    PJ20 9-3-11
    PJ20 9-4-11
    WRIGLEY 7-19-13
    WORCESTER 10-15-13
    WORCESTER 10-16-13
    HARTFORD 10-25-13

• Options
    Poncier said:
    dankind said:
    Hi! said:

Did you play for coach Buttermaker?
    May as well have been.  Certainly wasn't Coach "Breadmaker." :lol: