America's Gun Violence

Comments

• unsungunsung I stopped by on March 7 2024. First time in many years, had to update payment info. Hope all is well. Politicians suck. Bye. Posts: 9,487
    unsung said:
    That's the point.

First you'll want the AR.

Then it will be the handguns.

No more compromise.  Actually there never has been compromise, gun owners has always given.

The handgun should be in your country's sights. It is the major driver for the unbelievable statistics your country boasts regarding deaths by guns (you know... the one where per capita you guys kick everybody else's asses in deaths by guns?).

'No more compromise' would indicate some form of compromise at some point in time. Just from your cold dead hands, eh? Comical.
    Gimme a break 30.

Go back and do a little research.

1930ish gun control
    1968 gun control
    1986 gun control 
    Brady Bill
    AWB

On and on and on...

That isn't compromise, there never has been compromise. 
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    unsung said:
    That's the point.

No more compromise.  Actually there never has been compromise, gun owners has always given.
    No I don’t want your guns I want massacres of kids at their school desk to stop completely & the sale of these type of weapons stopped ...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 8,956
    How many masacres have been committed with a hand gun ? 
    Quite a few. Columbine and Virginia Tech come to mind without having to look anything up. I'm sure you can easily find more.
    Also depends on your definition of "massacre."  Some stats define a mass shooting as 2 or more people injured, some define it as 3 or more killed. In either case, the overwhelming majority did not use an assault rifle. 
    Yes, Sandy Hook, Vegas, Florida night club and the recent Florida school shootings did use assault rifles. But many do not. 

I am for for restricting assault rifles though. I was just answering your question. 
  • my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    my2hands said:
    Again.....

Why does any civilian NEED an AR 15 or similar weapon, and how does it benefit society?

What good are AR 15's bringing America????

Im trying to figure out why guys are clinging to these weapons like their childhood blankie 

• unsung said:
    unsung said:
    That's the point.

The handgun should be in your country's sights. It is the major driver for the unbelievable statistics your country boasts regarding deaths by guns (you know... the one where per capita you guys kick everybody else's asses in deaths by guns?).

'No more compromise' would indicate some form of compromise at some point in time. Just from your cold dead hands, eh? Comical.
    Gimme a break 30.

1930ish gun control
    1968 gun control
    1986 gun control 
    Brady Bill
    AWB

On and on and on...

I don't know your country's gun law history and I couldn't care.

You have a problem and it is a big one... so any of those items you listed there hardly sound as if they demanded any level of compromise that would result in positive change for your country.

The Brady Bill? Making someone wait a couple days before receiving their handgun and having a background check to see if you're not a felon? You think that's a bad thing? You see that as a compromise?

And... what of this real slippery slope thing? I know you said 'on and on and on' so there probably is a whole bunch of other things that are really significant... but looking at the timeline you produced there... it doesn't seem like the 'slippery slope' argument really has much traction.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • unsungunsung I stopped by on March 7 2024. First time in many years, had to update payment info. Hope all is well. Politicians suck. Bye. Posts: 9,487
    my2hands said:
    my2hands said:
    Again.....

Why does any civilian NEED an AR 15 or similar weapon, and how does it benefit society?

Im trying to figure out why guys are clinging to these weapons like their childhood blankie 

Watch ten minutes of the evening news.
    unsung said:
    unsung said:
    That's the point.

Gimme a break 30.

1930ish gun control
    1968 gun control
    1986 gun control 
    Brady Bill
    AWB

On and on and on...

You have a problem and it is a big one... so any of those items you listed there hardly sound as if they demanded any level of compromise that would result in positive change for your country.

The Brady Bill? Making someone wait a couple days before receiving their handgun and having a background check to see if you're not a felon? You think that's a bad thing? You see that as a compromise?

And... what of this real slippery slope thing? I know you said 'on and on and on' so there probably is a whole bunch of other things that are really significant... but looking at the timeline you produced there... it doesn't seem like the 'slippery slope' argument really has much traction.
    Then read up on the laws from somewhere other than CNN.

I took two minutes to come up with a short list, surely you can do a little research on your own.

There never has been any compromise, gun owners give and give and get nothing back.  
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,821
    unsung said:
    my2hands said:
    my2hands said:
    Again.....

Lazy answer. Doesn’t address the question at all. 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
    Maybe you are lazy if you can't spare ten minutes.
    Um, it is.  Ignorance is bliss.

Why are so many white male Americans so desperate to keep their AR 15's and similar weapons?  

What do you get from them? What does society get from them? 

Why did it become cool to own AR 15's and similar weapons in the past decade? Why does it seem to be almost exclusively white males buying them and defending them? It's an odd trend i've been watching unfold the last ten years, and I just don't get it? Make you feel more like a man? Making up for being bullied as a kid? Makes you feel like you have a bigger penis? 

I honestly don't get it, please enlighten me
    unsung said:
    Maybe you are lazy if you can't spare ten minutes.
    I guess you didn’t understand my reply to you. I’ll make it simpler. 

I have watched the news, on many occasions. I don’t draw the same conclusion from it as you apparently do. 

If you can not articulate an answer to the question posed, then we’ll have to assume you have no answer that doesn’t hinge on “wants” rather than “needs”.
    unsung said:
    my2hands said:
    my2hands said:
    Again.....

Weak answer... pathetic actually... And paranoid... you pro-gun guys just have no real logical arguments, do you? 

You can't defend yourself from bad hombres with your precious handgun or shotgun? You tote around an AR 15 while out in public, just in case? You leave your AR laying on the couch fully loaded and ready to go just in case of the random home invasion? Fucking laughable 

The truth is you think it's cool to have one and it makes you feel good. Just be honest, for once
  • Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,481
    my2hands said:
    unsung said:
    my2hands said:
    my2hands said:
    Again.....

Weak answer... pathetic actually... And paranoid... you pro-gun guys just have no real logical arguments, do you? 

You can't defend yourself from bad hombres with your precious handgun or shotgun? You tote around an AR 15 while out in public, just in case? You leave your AR laying on the couch fully loaded and ready to go just in case of the random home invasion? Fucking laughable 

The truth is you think it's cool to have one and it makes you feel good. Just be honest, for once
    It’s an AK47 because that’s what the enemy uses thus making it easier to resupply on the battlefield of your local mall, school, bank, grocery store, front yard.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 8,956
    edited March 2018
    unsung said:
    Um, it is.  Ignorance is bliss.

Actually, this seems more like an argument to arm teachers than not to.
    Anyone who thinks the White House is gun free, then I dare them to charge it and see how close they can get before getting hit with 100 bullets. 
    They think the white house is gun free?
    More staffers have guns than don't. The only people without guns there are the visitors. 
    I don;t think arming teachers is the solution, but this wasn't a good analogy. 
    Post edited by mace1229 on
  • DegeneratefkDegeneratefk Posts: 3,123
    edited March 2018
    unsung said:
    Hey dummy, nobody is against your 2nd amendment right. We are against "responsible gun owners" having weapons that can shoot 75 rounds per minute. Once you understand the difference, you won't be so ignorant. 

Edit: dummy is referring to the idiot that calls himself "educating liberals." Unsung is just a puppet for reposting.
    will myself to find a home, a home within myself
    we will find a way, we will find our place
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    unsung said:
    Hey dummy, nobody is against your 2nd amendment right. We are against "responsible gun owners" having weapons that can shoot 75 rounds per minute. Once you understand the difference, you won't be so ignorant. 

Edit: dummy is referring to the idiot that calls himself "educating liberals." Unsung is just a puppet for reposting.

I SAW PEARL JAM
    edited March 2018
    And I watch the news regularly...more than most probably... And what ive seen on the news the past 10 years tells me we need to GET RID of these ridiculous weapons, NOT keep them
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    unsung said:
    unsung said:
    unsung said:
    That's the point.

Gimme a break 30.

1930ish gun control
    1968 gun control
    1986 gun control 
    Brady Bill
    AWB

On and on and on...

Then read up on the laws from somewhere other than CNN.

I took two minutes to come up with a short list, surely you can do a little research on your own.

There never has been any compromise, gun owners give and give and get nothing back.  
    what do they need or want "back"? you don't think having unfettered access to killing machines that no one needs is getting anything? truth is, gun owners have been "getting" since the beginning of your nation, with the advent of every new weapon and zero/little regulation on it. they aren't even close to giving enough back. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499
    edited March 2018
    my2hands said:
    And I watch the news regularly...more than most probably... And what ive seen on the news the past 10 years tells me we need to GET RID of these ridiculous weapons, NOT keep them
    Well there are millions out there in circulation and politicians hinder any headway to come even close to “getting rid” of them, so what is your suggestion?  Hardly anyone that owns one is going to willingly “get rid” of them.
    Post edited by PJPOWER on
    and to the suggestion that we need to look at a "male" problem rather than a gun problem.....where is this male problem in other countries? exactly. preposterous. it doesn't exist. so we're back to the guns.......
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

and to the suggestion that we need to look at a "male" problem rather than a gun problem.....where is this male problem in other countries? exactly. preposterous. it doesn't exist. so we're back to the guns.......
    Well, the “male problem” as you put it exists in every country. It just doesn’t exist with as much firepower. 
    PJPOWER said:
    my2hands said:
    Well there are millions out there in circulation and politicians hinder any headway to come even close to “getting rid” of them, so what is your suggestion?  Hardly anyone that owns one is going to willingly “get rid” of them.
    It has to start somewhere... so ban sales now so a few million more don't enter circulation... you don't just throw up your hands and say "oh well, too late"

I have a 100 year view of this... I don't foresee any immediate improvement... but it has to start now to leave a better future for future generations

But I honestly have zero faith in this country moving forward... don't expect any silly flag waving from me, I'll join the guys taking a knee... 

History will judge us poorly

• i_lov_iti_lov_it Perth, Western Australia Posts: 4,007
    edited March 2018
    If Guns are to become illegal in the USA...that also means the Police Force as they're not above the law...
    The status quo of any 18 year old goofball being able to waltz into a sporting goods store and purchase an AR 15 with a swipe of a Visa isn't exactly working out for us... And it definitely isn't making America great in any way, at all

But what I hear from the other side is "no compromise"

Bravo America, bravo
  • unsung said:

Unsung is just unwittingly being used as a pawn.
    i_lov_it said:
    If Guns are to become illegal in the USA...that also means the Police Force as they're not above the law...
    No.

With the amount of guns already in circulation... the police need guns to do their job safely.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • i_lov_iti_lov_it Perth, Western Australia Posts: 4,007
    edited March 2018
    unsung said:

Unsung is just unwittingly being used as a pawn.
    i_lov_it said:
    No.

With the amount of guns already in circulation... the police need guns to do their job safely.
    So in other words one law for Police and another law for the General Public?

Post edited by i_lov_it on
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,602

• mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,602

The axis doesn't show, but this is 86 to 2015 from the ATF.  Someone want to tell me it's just correlation not causation?  Or is it possible the wave of violence we have seen over the past decade + is related to the volume?
    Well, the “male problem” as you put it exists in every country. It just doesn’t exist with as much firepower. 
    that's what I meant.......
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

This discussion has been closed.