Options

America's Gun Violence

Comments

• Options
    mattsl1983mattsl1983 Posts: 711
    rgambs said:
    @mattsl1983

Nobody is going to take the time to answer your fake question because we know you and your schtick, it's the same old same. 
    You ask a question pretending to be sincere, when in fact you are just fishing for a chance to use your preloaded Fox News rebuttals that stink to high heaven.  When the turds you drop start to gather flies, you disappear with a parting shot as if the shit you left on the floor was a victory.

You are asking for posters to give detailed solutions and your only reply will be a smugly stated "won't work" and despite how much time some people spend here, NOBODY had time for that.
    This.
    Oh okay.  So you label me and differ the question.  I get it.  You must be maxed out.  Such a simpleton response.  I thought you were smarter than that.  But what the hey, if you have no real answer, downplay the question.  Point, counter point.  You win my maxed out friend.
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,731
    Jeez when I saw 60 new posts in this thread since I last visited about 8 hours ago, I figured there was a mass shooting overnight or something. Thankfully that's not the case and it's just the usual crap: gifs of Jeff Goldblum, references to Kiss live albums, and of course, suggestions that someone's post is parroted from cable news. 
    Aren't you the guy being up in arms about AOC and Omar not stopping and responding to an alt-right, anti-muslim youtube channel?

I mean, I bet these 60 posts - including discussing KISS - have been of more substance than that. So maybe chill with calling other people's posts "crap" ?
    Yep that was me. And everyone came down on the source, I then checked the source, and admitted it was crap source. So yeah, bad post by me about a month ago. It's not like I post stupid shit over and over and over and over. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,073
    edited August 2019
    Jeez when I saw 60 new posts in this thread since I last visited about 8 hours ago, I figured there was a mass shooting overnight or something. Thankfully that's not the case and it's just the usual crap: gifs of Jeff Goldblum, references to Kiss live albums, and of course, suggestions that someone's post is parroted from cable news. 
    Aren't you the guy being up in arms about AOC and Omar not stopping and responding to an alt-right, anti-muslim youtube channel?

I mean, I bet these 60 posts - including discussing KISS - have been of more substance than that. So maybe chill with calling other people's posts "crap" ?
    Hmm, nope. Not me.  Have been off the forum for about a year, probably more.  But great job of assuming and not researching.

>>>>>>> I DIDN'T QUOTE YOU <<<<<<

YOU ARE NOT THE CENTER OF EVERY DISCUSSION ON THIS BOARD OR IN THIS THREAD. ESPECIALLY NOT WHEN:

>>> YOU ARE NOT QUOTED OR DISCUSSED WITH <<<

Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options

Yep that was me. And everyone came down on the source, I then checked the source, and admitted it was crap source. So yeah, bad post by me about a month ago. It's not like I post stupid shit over and over and over and over. 
    Meh, who knows.  You might post stupid shit over and over, just so happens you got called out on it for the first time in this echo chamber.
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,905

Meh, who knows.  You might post stupid shit over and over, just so happens you got called out on it for the first time in this echo chamber.
    This thread definitely isn't an echo chamber, others are.
    I am not for banning semi automatic weapons but am for more extensive background checks, mag limits and training.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,649
    rgambs said:
    @mattsl1983

Nobody is going to take the time to answer your fake question because we know you and your schtick, it's the same old same. 
    You ask a question pretending to be sincere, when in fact you are just fishing for a chance to use your preloaded Fox News rebuttals that stink to high heaven.  When the turds you drop start to gather flies, you disappear with a parting shot as if the shit you left on the floor was a victory.

You are asking for posters to give detailed solutions and your only reply will be a smugly stated "won't work" and despite how much time some people spend here, NOBODY had time for that.
    This.
    Oh okay.  So you label me and differ the question.  I get it.  You must be maxed out.  Such a simpleton response.  I thought you were smarter than that.  But what the hey, if you have no real answer, downplay the question.  Point, counter point.  You win my maxed out friend.
    You just claimed universal background checks wouldn’t do anything and I responded that the current Presidential candidate from Colorado would strenuously disagree with you because Colorado passed the legislation that sits before the senate 20 years ago. But, you know, no solutions. Been a few hours now, what solutions do you offer?

09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    rgambs said:
    @mattsl1983

This.
    Third time asking this:

What would prevent these shootings? With "the great and diverse freedom test" that is the US being unique in having them?
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,867

Hmm, nope. Not me.  Have been off the forum for about a year, probably more.  But great job of assuming and not researching.

>>>>>>> I DIDN'T QUOTE YOU <<<<<<

YOU ARE NOT THE CENTER OF EVERY DISCUSSION ON THIS BOARD OR IN THIS THREAD. ESPECIALLY NOT WHEN:

>>> YOU ARE NOT QUOTED OR DISCUSSED WITH <<<

YEAH, ITS ABOUT HIM ^^^^^^^
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    rgambs said:
    @mattsl1983

This.
    Third time asking this:

What would prevent these shootings? With "the great and diverse freedom test" that is the US being unique in having them?
    I don't know if anything could have prevented them but mag limits and more extensive background checks could have helped.  Ban the assault weapon then the guy would have used a handgun, ban the handgun and he would have used a shotgun.  Point being, they would have gotten some sort of gun to do their damage.
  • Options
    rgambs said:
    @mattsl1983

This.
    You just claimed universal background checks wouldn’t do anything and I responded that the current Presidential candidate from Colorado would strenuously disagree with you because Colorado passed the legislation that sits before the senate 20 years ago. But, you know, no solutions. Been a few hours now, what solutions do you offer?

How would background checks stopped either the El Paso or Dayton shootings?  Trump has just been criticized for the left because he said he would support better background checks, and the lefts response was it wouldn’t have been enough to prevent those shootings.  If you are asking me, yes, I support better background checks.  So here we are agreeing, but still ok prevention.  Same boat, but you refuse to paddle the same direction I’m trying to go.  I’ll paddle your direction if it’s a solution.
  • Options

No, I don't.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    rgambs said:
    @mattsl1983

This.
    Third time asking this:

I don't know if anything could have prevented them but mag limits and more extensive background checks could have helped.  Ban the assault weapon then the guy would have used a handgun, ban the handgun and he would have used a shotgun.  Point being, they would have gotten some sort of gun to do their damage.
    as far as Dayton is concerned, it would have been better than an ar-15 pistol(?) with 100 round drums? what 9 dead and and 26 or so injured in roughly THIRTY SECONDS.......
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    rgambs said:
    @mattsl1983

This.
    Third time asking this:

Exactly.  The trumpeter or trumpf, or however the heck he is referred to here stated yesterday he is in favor of better background checks.  The left tailed him because that wouldn’t be enough and wouldn’t have stopped any of these mass shootings. 
  • Options
    mickeyrat said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    rgambs said:
    @mattsl1983

This.
    Third time asking this:

as far as Dayton is concerned, it would have been better than an ar-15 pistol(?) with 100 round drums? what 9 dead and and 26 or so injured in roughly THIRTY SECONDS.......
    Are you familiar with guns at all?  Honest question 
  • Options
    mickeyrat said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    rgambs said:
    @mattsl1983

This.
    Third time asking this:

Right so I am saying that getting rid of high capacity mags would have helped in that instance.  What weapon did the Dayton shooter use (I honestly have no clue)?
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    mcgruff10 said:
    rgambs said:
    @mattsl1983

This.
    Third time asking this:

Well, if someone wants to blow up The Swedish Royal Ship of Vasa they would find a way too. That is not a reason to allow put-together-you-own explosives kit to be bought at a local IKEA.
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    rgambs said:
    @mattsl1983

This.
    Third time asking this:

Right so I am saying that getting rid of high capacity mags would have helped in that instance.  What weapon did the Dayton shooter use (I honestly have no clue)?
    reporting a modified pistol modeled on the ar 15 that accepted a high capcity drums.

• Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    rgambs said:
    @mattsl1983

This.
    Third time asking this:

Once it came out he was a leftist Antifa supporter, all news stopped.  I agree with low capacity magazines.  The problem there now becomes how do we prevent people from getting them and how do we prevent them from coming in illegally?
  • Options
    mickeyrat said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    rgambs said:
    @mattsl1983

This.
    Third time asking this:

reporting a modified pistol modeled on the ar 15 that accepted a high capcity drums.
    yeah no reason for that high capacity drum.  fucking dumb.  
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    rgambs said:
    @mattsl1983

This.
    Third time asking this:

Once it came out he was a leftist Antifa supporter, all news stopped.  I agree with low capacity magazines.  The problem there now becomes how do we prevent people from getting them and how do we prevent them from coming in illegally?
    Every country have illegal guns in circulation. Not every country have mass shootings.

Asking for the fourth time - with you saying background checks wouldn't matter:

• Options

CINCINNATI – Even though it looked like a rifle, the gun used to kill nine people and wound at least 14 more was likely classified as a pistol, skirting laws restricting short-barreled rifles.

Will the device on Connor Betts' weapon, called a "pistol brace," become the next bump stock in nation's gun control debate?

Here's what we know about the AR-15 style .223 caliber firearm used in the Dayton shooting Sunday:

• It was legally purchased by Betts' from an online retailer in Texas. It then was transferred to him by a local firearms dealer who would be required to perform a background check, police said.
    • Nothing on Betts' criminal record would have prevented him from buying a gun.
    • He used legal-to-own 100-round drum magazines.
    • The lower receiver, which houses the trigger, was made by Anderson Manufacturing in Hebron, Kentucky. Under federal law, the lower receiver is the gun. Purchasing a lower receiver requires a background check. All other parts of guns, such as barrels and stocks, can be bought legally off the shelf or online.
    • Betts could have had as many as 250 rounds in his possession; he fired at least 41 rounds in about 30 seconds.
        continues.....

• Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    rgambs said:
    @mattsl1983

This.
    Third time asking this:

I agree.  Certain states have passed low capacity magazines.  Federally it hasn’t happened.  Point to any president you want, non got it done.  But we also need to look at how do we prevent them from coming into the country and how do we stop the black market?
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    rgambs said:
    @mattsl1983

This.
    Third time asking this:

I agree.  Certain states have passed low capacity magazines.  Federally it hasn’t happened.  Point to any president you want, non got it done.  But we also need to look at how do we prevent them from coming into the country and how do we stop the black market?
    Every country have illegal guns in circulation. Not every country have mass shootings. So, why focus on that?

Answer this instead - with you saying background checks wouldn't matter:

• Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    rgambs said:
    @mattsl1983

This.
    Third time asking this:

Every country have illegal guns in circulation. Not every country have mass shootings.

Diversity.  Seriously you are caught up on this.  Please show an example of how we aren’t a test.  How many countries are there in Europe again?  How does Europe’s size compare to the US?  Please counter my point with something constructive.  I’ll agree with you, but you’ve given me nothing to agree with.
  • Options

A former Navy serviceman and firearms expert told The Rundown that after viewing photos of the weapon used by the Dayton, Ohio nightclub shooter, the weapon was obviously illegally modified. 

“A pistol/rifle hybrid is completely illegal on every level,” Jack Maxey told The Rundown. “It’s clearly illegal in its current configuration.”

Here is a photo of the weapon used, according to The New York Post. 

The weapon, which was obtained legally, was modified illegally.

Any rifle that has a barrel under 16 inches is regulated under the National Firearms Act, according to the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF). Clearly, the barrel on the rifle used by the shooter is less than 16 inches.

“In order to have that configuration, he would have had to file for an ATF tax stamp, either as the original owner, or as a transferrer,” Maxey said.

The ATF has strict regulations for modifying a stock firearm. The owner has to fill out a 12 page form, and oftentimes submit to a secondary background check, separate from the standard background check completed when originally purchasing a firearm. There is also a $200 fee – known as a “tax stamp” – to modify the weapon.

According to Maxey, it is extremely unlikely that the Dayton shooter when through this process. Maxey said the important question is where or how the shooter obtained the illegally modified short-barreled rifle.

“If more gun control is what they want, how does this get stopped? What’s next? We just ban parts?” Maxey said.

He has a point. Criminals, particularly those prone to mass shootings, are not exactly the types to follow intricate firearms laws. Enacting further measures will likely only burden responsible gun owners.

Editor’s Note: The Rundown does not use names or images of mass shooters.

• Options
    mickeyrat said:

CINCINNATI – Even though it looked like a rifle, the gun used to kill nine people and wound at least 14 more was likely classified as a pistol, skirting laws restricting short-barreled rifles.

Will the device on Connor Betts' weapon, called a "pistol brace," become the next bump stock in nation's gun control debate?

Here's what we know about the AR-15 style .223 caliber firearm used in the Dayton shooting Sunday:

• It was legally purchased by Betts' from an online retailer in Texas. It then was transferred to him by a local firearms dealer who would be required to perform a background check, police said.
    • The lower receiver, which houses the trigger, was made by Anderson Manufacturing in Hebron, Kentucky. Under federal law, the lower receiver is the gun. Purchasing a lower receiver requires a background check. All other parts of guns, such as barrels and stocks, can be bought legally off the shelf or online.
    • Betts could have had as many as 250 rounds in his possession; he fired at least 41 rounds in about 30 seconds.
        continues.....
    100 round drum....insanity.  The only saving grace with those drums are that they easily jam (maybe that's why he only shot 41 rounds?).  
    I'm intrigued by this "pistol brace" as it is a word I am not familiar with.  
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    mcgruff10 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    rgambs said:
    @mattsl1983

This.
    Third time asking this:

Diversity.  Seriously you are caught up on this.  Please show an example of how we aren’t a test.  How many countries are there in Europe again?  How does Europe’s size compare to the US?  Please counter my point with something constructive.  I’ll agree with you, but you’ve given me nothing to agree with.
    Show an example of how any country isn't a test, if the US is a test.
  • Options
    mickeyrat said:

continues.....
    I agree, 100 round magazine is not needed.  The mentioned size and pistol brace, let’s ban them.  Same as we did with the bump stock.  I’d never heard of the two before.  The bumpstock is now banned, let’s ban the pistol brace.
  • Options
    Yeah the illegal modification of firearms is a problem not discussed enough. There’s ways to turn a glock automatic if you know what you’re doing. Freighting stuff.

https://youtu.be/AqwPY-0UpjY

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
This discussion has been closed.