Options

America's Gun Violence

Comments

• Options
    mattsl1983mattsl1983 Posts: 711
    So does anyone have a real solution?  Two mass shootings.  One from a far right extremist, one from a far left extremist.  I’m sorry, but you can’t just point fingers and blame one side or the other.  Any actual solutions instead of the blame game and yelling trumpers or antifa’ers?  
    Do all of us a favor and start on page one of this thread and catch up.

This is why you can’t have a conversation around here.

What solutions would you offer for ending gun violence in Chicago or anywhere? How would you address hospital diversions? A woman working in a hospital in Chicago or Illinois had a heart attack or asthma attack and was diverted from her hospital to the one next door. She died. Where’s your outrage?

Nothing can be done.
    Hmm, last I checked I asked for solutions because obviously I don’t have them.  If your response is to attack me for my stance on asking, good for you.  Oh look, still no solution. Thanks for attacking me with no real input except for you taking a big ol moral chair to explain why you have no real input, but rationalizing why you don’t have any real input.  You really furthered the conversation buddy.
    COPY "Swedish gun laws"

PASTE

How about that solution?
    Looking at it, Sweden has estimated 2 million guns toward an 8 million population.  

The country holds shooting contest for kids 13 to 18

Actually, the reading and perusing I just did, Sweden doesn’t have that strict of gun laws.
  • Options
    So does anyone have a real solution?  Two mass shootings.  One from a far right extremist, one from a far left extremist.  I’m sorry, but you can’t just point fingers and blame one side or the other.  Any actual solutions instead of the blame game and yelling trumpers or antifa’ers?  

What solutions would you offer for ending gun violence in Chicago or anywhere? How would you address hospital diversions? A woman working in a hospital in Chicago or Illinois had a heart attack or asthma attack and was diverted from her hospital to the one next door. She died. Where’s your outrage?

Nothing can be done.
    Hmm, last I checked I asked for solutions because obviously I don’t have them.  If your response is to attack me for my stance on asking, good for you.  Oh look, still no solution. Thanks for attacking me with no real input except for you taking a big ol moral chair to explain why you have no real input, but rationalizing why you don’t have any real input.  You really furthered the conversation buddy.
    COPY "Swedish gun laws"

PASTE

How about that as a first step?
    Would you care to elaborate?
  • Options
    Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 37,014

Nothing can be done.
    Again, start on page one of this thread and catch up. Expanded Universal background checks as passed in the house and waiting action in the senate is one step toward a solution. What do you offer? Do you lack an understanding of the issue, possible solutions and/or critical thinking skills? You’re not stupid, get creative or do you prefer to allow others to decide what the solutions should be, buddy?
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    Many a solutions have been offered. Nothing can be done.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,486
    Far leftist shooter ? Has that been collaborated ? And there’s only one party one man that can push gun legislation forward Massacre Moscow Mitch? and he doesn’t give a fuck about people getting shot up !
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options

Nothing can be done.
    COPY "Swedish gun laws"

PASTE

How about that solution?
    Looking at it, Sweden has estimated 2 million guns toward an 8 million population.  

The country holds shooting contest for kids 13 to 18

Actually, the reading and perusing I just did, Sweden doesn’t have that strict of gun laws.
    10 million in population. 23 guns per 100 people. The US has 120 guns per 100 people.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options

Nothing can be done.
    COPY "Swedish gun laws"

PASTE

How about that as a first step?
    Would you care to elaborate?
    Happily. What do you want elaborated?
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options

Nothing can be done.
    Again, start on page one of this thread and catch up. Expanded Universal background checks as passed in the house and waiting action in the senate is one step toward a solution. What do you offer? Do you lack an understanding of the issue, possible solutions and/or critical thinking skills? You’re not stupid, get creative or do you prefer to allow others to decide what the solutions should be, buddy?
    So I’m not going to read 500 pages of forum posts. Bash me if you will.  Expanded background checks don’t prevent any of these shootings.  And what is wrong with you?  Seriously do you think you are the smartest person in the room and therefore you feel entitled to just be an asshole that thinks your ideas don’t stink when in fact they smell like the same old shit because you actually have no solution yourself and regurgitate pointless ideas that prove to not accomplish anything, and then go off and try to run down the person that’s asking for answers stating that they don’t have any answer?  Well duh, hinge why that person is asking for a solution.  You are only half as intelligent as you think you are.  You’ve taken your to the Max way to literal bud.  Don’t be that asshole that offers nothing in the end but spouts crap all day. 
  • Options

Nothing can be done.
    So I’m not going to read 500 pages of forum posts. Bash me if you will.  Expanded background checks don’t prevent any of these shootings.  And what is wrong with you?  Seriously do you think you are the smartest person in the room and therefore you feel entitled to just be an asshole that thinks your ideas don’t stink when in fact they smell like the same old shit because you actually have no solution yourself and regurgitate pointless ideas that prove to not accomplish anything, and then go off and try to run down the person that’s asking for answers stating that they don’t have any answer?  Well duh, hinge why that person is asking for a solution.  You are only half as intelligent as you think you are.  You’ve taken your to the Max way to literal bud.  Don’t be that asshole that offers nothing in the end but spouts crap all day. 
    Dude you are dead wrong, you bring nothing to the debate ..

• Options

Nothing can be done.
    What would prevent these shootings? With "the test" that is the US being unique in having them?
  • Options

Nothing can be done.

Asking for feasible solutions brings nothing.  Noted.  No wonder why I stay away from here.  Everyone has answers to questions, expect the questions that are asked.  I wish you all well.  
  • Options

Nothing can be done.

Asking for feasible solutions brings nothing.  Noted.  No wonder why I stay away from here.  Everyone has answers to questions, expect the questions that are asked.  I wish you all well.  
    Take care and be safe stay away from malls or Walmart’s where there’s large Spanish population!
  • Options

Nothing can be done.

Take care and be safe stay away from malls or Walmart’s where there’s large Spanish population!

Oh, and look at that folks, the little guy has humor.  Scratch his belly.  If you scratch it just right he might just repeat everything he heard from Anderson Cooper.  Aww, and he thinks he’s smart too.  Soo cute...  you are laughably.  I’m out.  Make your jokes.  Think you are right.  It’s just funny at this point.  
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 36,428

Nothing can be done.

except its been answered well before you asked.  ideas from many people. some based on stricter syayes like NJ. others offered in congress already.

I went further across a broader range of issues related to guns and real world events . i.e. accidental shootings, stolen weapons etc.

not reciting it again.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options

Nothing can be done.

Oh, and look at that folks, the little guy has humor.  Scratch his belly.  If you scratch it just right he might just repeat everything he heard from Anderson Cooper.  Aww, and he thinks he’s smart too.  Soo cute...  you are laughably.  I’m out.  Make your jokes.  Think you are right.  It’s just funny at this point.  
    Chill out Tucker.
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 28,053
    edited August 2019
    Matt’s, I would start with some sort of safety course before initial purchase of a firearm and mag limits.  
    Now please hook me up with that live on ten legs vinyl. ;)
    Post edited by mcgruff10 on
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    @mattsl1983

Nobody is going to take the time to answer your fake question because we know you and your schtick, it's the same old same. 
    You ask a question pretending to be sincere, when in fact you are just fishing for a chance to use your preloaded Fox News rebuttals that stink to high heaven.  When the turds you drop start to gather flies, you disappear with a parting shot as if the shit you left on the floor was a victory.

You are asking for posters to give detailed solutions and your only reply will be a smugly stated "won't work" and despite how much time some people spend here, NOBODY had time for that.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    and beyond a buy back theres not a feasible way to address the abundance of weapons in existance to date.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options

Nothing can be done.
    I’ve offered plenty of potential solutions on this very thread and you choose not to read or comprehend them and blame everyone else, who have offered solutions, when you offer none of your own, and easily dismiss those that have been offered. I’m at least intelligent enough to know it’s a multifaceted problem with many potential solutions, none of which will solve the issue overnight. Keep thinking there’s no answer, that’s intelligent.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    rgambs said:
    @mattsl1983

Nobody is going to take the time to answer your fake question because we know you and your schtick, it's the same old same. 
    You ask a question pretending to be sincere, when in fact you are just fishing for a chance to use your preloaded Fox News rebuttals that stink to high heaven.  When the turds you drop start to gather flies, you disappear with a parting shot as if the shit you left on the floor was a victory.

You are asking for posters to give detailed solutions and your only reply will be a smugly stated "won't work" and despite how much time some people spend here, NOBODY had time for that.
    Yea, okay.  Stick with your ideals.  I’m just asking.  F’n Shoot me for asking right?  I’m the asshole who’s not pointing fingers and asking.  F’ me.  You all have it so figured out here.  Please at some point, spread that knowledge. The rest of the county would love to be enlightened by the smuggest such as yourself who offer nothing aside from run down anyone who actually asks a question.  See my response to that to the max guy.  Fits you perfectly.  
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,629
    edited August 2019
    rgambs said:
    @mattsl1983

Yea, okay.  Stick with your ideals.  I’m just asking.  F’n Shoot me for asking right?  I’m the asshole who’s not pointing fingers and asking.  F’ me.  You all have it so figured out here.  Please at some point, spread that knowledge. The rest of the county would love to be enlightened by the smuggest such as yourself who offer nothing aside from run down anyone who actually asks a question.  See my response to that to the max guy.  Fits you perfectly.  
    What would prevent these shootings? With "the great and diverse freedom test" that is the US being unique in having them?
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,789
    Jeez when I saw 60 new posts in this thread since I last visited about 8 hours ago, I figured there was a mass shooting overnight or something. Thankfully that's not the case and it's just the usual crap: gifs of Jeff Goldblum, references to Kiss live albums, and of course, suggestions that someone's post is parroted from cable news. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    rgambs said:
    @mattsl1983

Again he’s asking you for your plan to stop these massacres ? I have no solutions except to ban these weapons ..
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,629
    edited August 2019
    Jeez when I saw 60 new posts in this thread since I last visited about 8 hours ago, I figured there was a mass shooting overnight or something. Thankfully that's not the case and it's just the usual crap: gifs of Jeff Goldblum, references to Kiss live albums, and of course, suggestions that someone's post is parroted from cable news. 
    Aren't you the guy being up in arms about AOC and Omar not stopping and responding to an alt-right, anti-muslim youtube channel?

I mean, I bet these 60 posts - including discussing KISS - have been of more substance than that. So maybe chill with calling other people's posts "crap" ?
  • Options
    edited August 2019

Nothing can be done.
    The senator and current presidential candidate from Colorado would strongly disagree with you, but you know, bring nothing to the table.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    Aren't you the guy being up in arms about AOC and Omar not stopping and responding to an alt-right, anti-muslim youtube channel?

I mean, I bet these 60 posts - including discussing KISS - have been of more substance than that. So maybe chill with calling other people's posts "crap" ?
    Hmm, nope. Not me.  Have been off the forum for about a year, probably more.  But great job of assuming and not researching.
  • Options
    rgambs said:
    @mattsl1983

The knowledge has been spread in this very thread but you refuse to read the posts. You can lead a horse to water but..............

Brilliantati©
  • Options

Nothing can be done.
    The senator and current presidential candidate from Colorado would strongly disagree with you, but you know, bring nothing to the table.

Facts?
  • Options

Hmm, nope. Not me.  Have been off the forum for about a year, probably more.  But great job of assuming and not researching.
    and he wasnt talking to you. read the quoted post......

• Options
    rgambs said:
    @mattsl1983

This.

Brilliantati©
This discussion has been closed.