Options

Ticket Strategy

Comments

• Options
    Jerome230Jerome230 Posts: 903
    Well crap. For some foolish reason, I thought TM Verified Fan and 10c Lottery were one and the same. I know, I know...foolish. I signed up to be a Verified Fan. I think I’d rather take my chances on the 10c lottery. What’s my best course of action now?
    Ed...buddy...pal...stay true to your word and play Boise again.

Seattle, 12.7.93
    Salt Lake, 6.21.98
    Mountain View, 10.30.99
    Mountain View, 10.31.99
    Boise, 11.3.00
    Portland, 9.26.09
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,756
    Jerome230 said:
    Well crap. For some foolish reason, I thought TM Verified Fan and 10c Lottery were one and the same. I know, I know...foolish. I signed up to be a Verified Fan. I think I’d rather take my chances on the 10c lottery. What’s my best course of action now?
    Stay like you are. Sign up for 10 clubs and if you strikeout there use verified fan as a back up. 
  • Options
    derbydavederbydave Columbus, OH Posts: 11,254
    Question.
    I joined 10Club just recently so I don't even know what my number is yet. I'm trying to get tickets for my hubby. He turns 40 soon and seeing PJ is on his bucket list. I'm following all the discussion on getting tickets just so I'm in the know a bit. I'm only 5'2" and my hubby is over 6 ft. I'm guessing he'd be fine with GA, but will I even be able to see anything? Since I'm doubtful I'd get any good reserved seats through 10C, should I just take my gamble with GA? 
    Not sure what the best option is for us. 
    Its a risk reward proposition. GA is the hardest to get. Lowest odds of winning. Highest odds of not getting a ticket. If you want the safer option with better odds of getting a ticket go for reserved. 
    Thanks for clarification, I'm wanting to go to both Wrigley Shows. So my priority should be
    1. Night 1 GA
    2. Night 2 GA
    3. Night 1 Reserved
    4. Night 2 Reserved

You can try this...
    but I'd be afraid of completely striking out on night 2 tickets.
    Watch the odds for night 2 GA really close and if they start to get under 50%
    I'd switch my #2 choice to Night 2 Reserved.
    You can only score tickets for your #2 choice after everyone that has it as a #1 get tickets.
    While you COULD possibly get Night 1 reserved as your #3...
    I'm not sure there's much of a chance of scoring any Wrigley tickets as a #4 choice.

'96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

• Options
    jdopjjdopj Posts: 649
    derbydave said:
    Question.
    I joined 10Club just recently so I don't even know what my number is yet. I'm trying to get tickets for my hubby. He turns 40 soon and seeing PJ is on his bucket list. I'm following all the discussion on getting tickets just so I'm in the know a bit. I'm only 5'2" and my hubby is over 6 ft. I'm guessing he'd be fine with GA, but will I even be able to see anything? Since I'm doubtful I'd get any good reserved seats through 10C, should I just take my gamble with GA? 
    Its a risk reward proposition. GA is the hardest to get. Lowest odds of winning. Highest odds of not getting a ticket. If you want the safer option with better odds of getting a ticket go for reserved. 
    Thanks for clarification, I'm wanting to go to both Wrigley Shows. So my priority should be
    1. Night 1 GA
    2. Night 2 GA
    3. Night 1 Reserved
    4. Night 2 Reserved

You can try this...
    You can only score tickets for your #2 choice after everyone that has it as a #1 get tickets.
    I'm not sure there's much of a chance of scoring any Wrigley tickets as a #4 choice.

I guess I have a different take Dave. Everyone is going to be spread out between the 7 shows as well as more tickets.
    I also think the Monday Wrigley will be the least popular show of the 7. That being said I think you get your first choice, so I would go:
    Wrig 1 GA
    Wrig 2 GA
    Wrig 2 Res
    Wrig 1 Res
  • Options
    SaravaSarava Naperville, IL Posts: 1,998
    derbydave said:
    Question.
    1. Night 1 GA
    2. Night 2 GA
    3. Night 1 Reserved
    4. Night 2 Reserved

You can try this...

I think we'd have to dig up old threads. But wasn't Wrigley 2 GA under 20%, but as it turned out, some people even got Wrigley 2 GA with 2nd choices?
  • Options
    evenflow82evenflow82 Posts: 3,848
    I may have been out to lunch, but are there seats on the field or is it standing like how it has been recently?
    I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell.
    -Christopher Walken

you're=you are
    your=showing ownership

The truth has a well known liberal bias.
    -Stephen Colbert
  • Options
    derbydavederbydave Columbus, OH Posts: 11,254
    jdopj said:
    derbydave said:
    Question.
    1. Night 1 GA
    2. Night 2 GA
    3. Night 1 Reserved
    4. Night 2 Reserved

You can try this...

I guess I have a different take Dave. Everyone is going to be spread out between the 7 shows as well as more tickets.
    I also think the Monday Wrigley will be the least popular show of the 7. That being said I think you get your first choice, so I would go:
    Wrig 1 GA
    Wrig 2 GA
    Wrig 2 Res
    Wrig 1 Res

I guess I'd just prefer to go for the better odds...
    especially if I really wanted to score 10 Club tickets for both shows.
    Best of luck in the lottery folks. :rock_on:
    '96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

• Options
    Jerome230Jerome230 Posts: 903
    PJNB said:
    Jerome230 said:
    Stay like you are. Sign up for 10 clubs and if you strikeout there use verified fan as a back up. 
    For some strange reason, the typings of a kind stranger as yourself makes the anxiety of this whole new, uncharted ticket frontier all the less, well, nerve-wracking. Thank you. 
    Ed...buddy...pal...stay true to your word and play Boise again.

Seattle, 12.7.93
    Salt Lake, 6.21.98
    Mountain View, 10.30.99
    Mountain View, 10.31.99
    Boise, 11.3.00
    Portland, 9.26.09
  • Options
    ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,575
    I'm new to the Lottery, when it starts and will I be able to set a priority for Reserved and GA? So if I don't get selected for the reserved I would still have a chance for GA tickets.
     Nice avatar...
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Options
    ComeToTX said:
    I'm new to the Lottery, when it starts and will I be able to set a priority for Reserved and GA? So if I don't get selected for the reserved I would still have a chance for GA tickets.
     Nice avatar...

• Options

ComeToTX said:
     Nice avatar...
    Hook Em’!!

• Options
    FaithfulOneFaithfulOne Bend, Oregon Posts: 49
    edited January 2018

At 5'9" I much prefer the sloped seating at amphitheaters like the Gorge and Alpine. I have had reserved tickets 2/3 of the way back at arena shows and have had tough time seeing. At Wrigley or Fenway did anyone with tickets in reserved seating behind GA actually have a good view of the band???or are you just watching the video screen?? Personally I want to see the band and I would rather be up in the nose bleeds than on the flat field with no view of the band. Just curious if the stage is up high enough or they add any slope to the field to make the view better... I doubt both...but wasn't at Chicago or Boston. 
    Post edited by FaithfulOne on
  • Options
    I apologize if this is a dumb question, but I have never done the lotto before...I am only able to attend the Missoula show and my wife wants to be in reserved.  If, just to cover my bases, I make my choices 1st Reserved and 2nd GA, they won’t charge me for GA as well if I’m chosen for my first choice of reserved will they?
    Calgary, Alberta (1993) / Missoula, Montana (2003) / Calgary, Alberta (2005) / Saskatoon, Saskatchewan (2005) /Chicago, Illinois (2007) / Calgary, Alberta, (2009) / Calgary, Alberta (2011) / Calgary, AB (2013) / Missoula, Montana (2018) / Vancouver, BC (2024)
  • Options
    riley540riley540 Denver Colorado Posts: 1,128
    I apologize if this is a dumb question, but I have never done the lotto before...I am only able to attend the Missoula show and my wife wants to be in reserved.  If, just to cover my bases, I make my choices 1st Reserved and 2nd GA, they won’t charge me for GA as well if I’m chosen for my first choice of reserved will they?
    You can get one pair of tickets per show. So you don’t need to worry 
  • Options
    riley540 said:
    You can get one pair of tickets per show. So you don’t need to worry 
    Thanks for the clarification.
    Calgary, Alberta (1993) / Missoula, Montana (2003) / Calgary, Alberta (2005) / Saskatoon, Saskatchewan (2005) /Chicago, Illinois (2007) / Calgary, Alberta, (2009) / Calgary, Alberta (2011) / Calgary, AB (2013) / Missoula, Montana (2018) / Vancouver, BC (2024)
  • Options
    weekapaug19weekapaug19 Posts: 2,278

At 5'9" I much prefer the sloped seating at amphitheaters like the Gorge and Alpine. I have had reserved tickets 2/3 of the way back at arena shows and have had tough time seeing. At Wrigley or Fenway did anyone with tickets in reserved seating behind GA actually have a good view of the band???or are you just watching the video screen?? Personally I want to see the band and I would rather be up in the nose bleeds than on the flat field with no view of the band. Just curious if the stage is up high enough or they add any slope to the field to make the view better... I doubt both...but wasn't at Chicago or Boston. 
    very tough to see if your short behnd GA or on back of field seats, no incline 
  • Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,521

I would say the further off center you are the worse the view will be in the highlighted portion. Was on the field for the 1st Chicago show in 2016 and we had Section R row 4 and I'm 6'1 and my seat mate is taller as well and we were essentially enjoying the music coupled with video while sort of seeing Mike Stone and Ed from a great distance. GA was increased for the 2016 shows, and I had GA in 2013 and even the back of GA at the time was significantly closer to the stage. 
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    Mike76Mike76 Posts: 14
    If we get selected at 10C lottery and receive also a code for the TM sale do you believe we can share this code here or is it linked to your TM profile?
  • Options
    chitownp76chitownp76 Posts: 1,438
    Mike76 said:
    If we get selected at 10C lottery and receive also a code for the TM sale do you believe we can share this code here or is it linked to your TM profile?

The verified TM code (if you are chosen) is tied directly to you and your TM account. You cannot share it and even if you did, whoever tries to use it will not be able to
    2014: Moline, IL
    2015: EV Solo (Metro Chicago)
    2016: Philadelphia PA 1, Philadelphia PA 2, New York City NY- MSG 1, EV Solo (Metro Chicago), Boston MA Fenway 1, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
    2017: EV Ohana Fest (Dana Point, CA), EV/Pete Townshend Quadrophenia Rosemont, IL
    2018: Seattle WA 1, Seattle WA 2, Missoula MT, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2, Boston MA Fenway 1, Boston MA Fenway 2
    2019: EV Tempe, AZ
    2020: PPD
    2022: EV & Earthlings Chicago 1 & 2, Phoenix AZ, Camden NJ, Nashville TN, St. Louis MO
    2023: EV Tempe, AZ, St Paul, MN 2, Chicago 1 & 2
    2024: Noblesville, IN, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,067
    Mike76 said:
    Even if you could share, whatever that person does with those tickets goes on "your record" essentially. So even if you buy them yourself and transfer to someone else, you kinda want to be sure they'll use them and not scalp them. Otherwise it ties back to you in a way. I sorta dig that wrinkle.
  • Options
    Back of the pit for Wrigely was PACKED to the rail...and cramped...sides of the pit are only places with any room to move
    Yeah but the viewing even at the back was way better than anywhere else. In general GA is cramped, and shows in Seattle and Chicago will be cramped. If u don't want to be cramped then reserved should be your #1 choice.

This "new" ticketing system will not allow you to trade both your tickets, and so your kinda stuck with what you get. Choose wisely.
    I stood about 3/4 of the way back on Mike's side at Wrigley. Never felt cramped at all. I think people oversell this. I had concerns about bathroom access and losing my spot. None were an issue at all. This isn't a 1991 mosh pit situation. 
    Never said it was a 1991 mosh pit situation...lol. People want to understand what to expect from GA for the first time, and for the most part people want to know the cons (as I think most know the pros). Previously you could trade your tickets with a fellow club member, but now your stuck unless your willing to purchase additional set of tickets. Reserved seating is not GA, different experience totally. In GA there is no sitting or moving about with a lot of ease, there are people around you everywhere, and if you don't want someone real close you for the entire show then Reserved is the way to go.

Wrigley GA was packed all the way to the back of the rail. For those who attend a lot of GA then their opinions of the experience are different than those who attended GA for the first time.
    "This melody, inside of me, still searches for a solution."
  • Options

Screen unfortunately
    "This melody, inside of me, still searches for a solution."
  • Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,116
    mrk2 said:
    Another perspective of the Seattle GA area. Although seats here, but should give an idea:

The seating chart here had the same size sections from H to P, everything in front of those is GA for PJ
    http://www.seatingcharts.com/Chart/Safeco Field/Paul McCartney 2013/876e2b7b-37c3-44f2-8afe-49d0a43219ae

This is a stunning picture, thanks for sharing.

It also shows that although baseball is a terrific sport, it's stadiums are the worst venues for concerts.

The outfield is so wide, and infield seats so far from deep center, it's impossible to get close. And even for this 6'2" fan, floor seats +20 rows is very difficult to see. At least with football stadiums, the side sections are relatively close to the stage.

• Options
    derbydave said:
    jdopj said:
    derbydave said:
    Question.
    1. Night 1 GA
    2. Night 2 GA
    3. Night 1 Reserved
    4. Night 2 Reserved

You can try this...

Wrig 1 GA
    Wrig 2 GA
    Wrig 2 Res
    Wrig 1 Res

I guess I'd just prefer to go for the better odds...
    especially if I really wanted to score 10 Club tickets for both shows.
    Best of luck in the lottery folks. :rock_on:

Sarava said:
    derbydave said:
    Question.
    1. Night 1 GA
    2. Night 2 GA
    3. Night 1 Reserved
    4. Night 2 Reserved

You can try this...

I think we'd have to dig up old threads. But wasn't Wrigley 2 GA under 20%, but as it turned out, some people even got Wrigley 2 GA with 2nd choices?
    I just want to make both show's, my number is 666XXX so I know I am pretty much low man on the totem pole at this point. Just wanting to know the best strategy to up my odds at getting both. I am signed up for verified fan so I have that to fall back on.  
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,432
    Do we know for sure that the entire front section of the floor will be GA, or will there be reserved floor seats on the sides of the front section?
  • Options

If your wife wants reserved, why would you put in for GA at all?  Just get a pair of reserved seats.
    Gorge
  • Options
    I may have been out to lunch, but are there seats on the field or is it standing like how it has been recently?
    Definitely out to lunch dude!
    Gorge
  • Options
    YourLightMadeUsStarsYourLightMadeUsStars NB, Canada Posts: 32
    I know we haven't even hit the lottery yet and the final odds will certainly change the answer to my question buuut.. I'd still appreciate some input on how to rank my selections.  Right now the plans are to do both Seattle shows with a guest and then possibly Missoula solo.   Based on some of the info going around is this a logical way of thinking?  

Pick #1 -  Seattle #2 reserved  (not a great 10C number but I'm thinking more reserved will be available than GA for this and tickets will be in higher demand than night one since it's a Friday)
    Pick #2 -  Missoula GA  (is it even work risking getting a GA with a second pick? only reason I'm wondering if I can humor this is that I think the entire field is GA?)
    Pick #3 -  Seattle #1 reserved  (again, just want in the building and it sounds like 10C has more tickets than usual?)
    Pick #4, 5, 6 -  Missoula reserved, then both Seattle GA (no chance in hell but why not, that pit on the field layout looks big).

So working on a few assumptions here.. Seattle #2 being in higher demand, Missoula having lots of GA, & 10C having plenty of tickets, especially for Seattle.  Anyone agree or disagree with these?  

I could also look for someone else going for Missoula GA solo and ticket buddy but when investing in the travel/hotels I might stress until show time without tickets "in hand".  Though if this worked out it may better my odds for 10c tickets to both Missoula and Seattle #1.  

Yup, over analyzing and rambling at this point. Any comments/suggestions? 
  • Options
    RB16012RB16012 Posts: 73
    PJNB said:
    Usually GA is drawn first and is a lot harder to get unless you are in Europe. If you want GA put it first as you are highly unlikely to get is as a second or third choice. If you put reserved down as your first pick this lotto the way 10 club worded there instructions is they are going to be able to meet the demand of all entries. That means while your seat maybe far back you are pretty much guaranteed a ticket. 
    So wait... I was planning on putting Seattle #2 GA as my first choice and reserved as my second choice. Do they draw everything at the same time so If I don't get GA does I'm out of luck for reserved? Or do they draw GA first then whoever's left goes into the reserved lottery? I have a 6xx,xxx number so I'm concerned I'll be in the upper decks. 

I might just hope for GA then pray I get lucky on TM if GA doesn't pan out.
  • Options
    jdopjjdopj Posts: 649
    I know we haven't even hit the lottery yet and the final odds will certainly change the answer to my question buuut.. I'd still appreciate some input on how to rank my selections.  Right now the plans are to do both Seattle shows with a guest and then possibly Missoula solo.   Based on some of the info going around is this a logical way of thinking?  

Pick #1 -  Seattle #2 reserved  (not a great 10C number but I'm thinking more reserved will be available than GA for this and tickets will be in higher demand than night one since it's a Friday)
    Pick #2 -  Missoula GA  (is it even work risking getting a GA with a second pick? only reason I'm wondering if I can humor this is that I think the entire field is GA?)
    Pick #3 -  Seattle #1 reserved  (again, just want in the building and it sounds like 10C has more tickets than usual?)
    Pick #4, 5, 6 -  Missoula reserved, then both Seattle GA (no chance in hell but why not, that pit on the field layout looks big).

So working on a few assumptions here.. Seattle #2 being in higher demand, Missoula having lots of GA, & 10C having plenty of tickets, especially for Seattle.  Anyone agree or disagree with these?  

I could also look for someone else going for Missoula GA solo and ticket buddy but when investing in the travel/hotels I might stress until show time without tickets "in hand".  Though if this worked out it may better my odds for 10c tickets to both Missoula and Seattle #1.  

Yup, over analyzing and rambling at this point. Any comments/suggestions? 
    Not knowing the odds yet I would think of flipping your 1st and 2nd picks
    Also not sure of how much of the GA 10c has at Missoula