Options

Ticket Strategy

Comments

• Options
    JM276219JM276219 Chicago Burbs Posts: 60
    The first show I use 10C for was Moline.  Wife and I were 1st row center behind GA.

You just never know what you're gonna get...
  • Options
    timdwillitimdwilli Los Angeles, CA Posts: 294
    jwc6160 said:
    D-Rod said:
    plus the Ticket Master verified seats pre sale doesn't happen until after the 10 club lottery.  I'm guess if you win the 10 club lottery you wont be able to enter the  Ticket Master one.
    why can't I do both?
    In theory you can. However for Temple of the Dog you became ineligible for public sale if you got tix through the fan club. Could be the same.  
    How were they able to block people from the public sale? This must've been specific to the smaller theater shows; definitely was not the case for L.A. which was ticketed through TM
  • Options
    timdwilli said:
    jwc6160 said:
    D-Rod said:
    plus the Ticket Master verified seats pre sale doesn't happen until after the 10 club lottery.  I'm guess if you win the 10 club lottery you wont be able to enter the  Ticket Master one.
    why can't I do both?
    In theory you can. However for Temple of the Dog you became ineligible for public sale if you got tix through the fan club. Could be the same.  
    How were they able to block people from the public sale? This must've been specific to the smaller theater shows; definitely was not the case for L.A. which was ticketed through TM
    They weren't exactly blocked. You were warned that if you already had tickets, if the same email address account was used to buy more then all the transactions would be voided. 
  • Options
    timdwillitimdwilli Los Angeles, CA Posts: 294
    timdwilli said:
    jwc6160 said:
    D-Rod said:
    why can't I do both?
    They weren't exactly blocked. You were warned that if you already had tickets, if the same email address account was used to buy more then all the transactions would be voided. 
    Ahhh, I think you are talking about the presale codes from Soundgarden and Cornell mailing lists which you still purchased trough TM, so yeah it counted against the posted limits. 10c tickets did not affect that, though...that'll be quite a day when Ten Club joins forces with Ticketmaster haha 
  • Options
    amethgr8amethgr8 Posts: 766
    the verified fan thing appears to be Radom draw for the "chance" at pre-sale tickets? right, although they say they anticipate being able to fill all..fwiw
    Amy The Great #74594
    New Orleans LA 7/4/95 reschedule 9/17/95
    Chicago IL 1998, 10/9/00, 06/18/03, 05/16/06, 05/17/06
    08/23/09, 08/24/09, Lolla 08/05/07
    Champaign IL 4/23/03
    Grand Rapids MI VFC 10/03/04
    Grand Rapids MI 19May06
    Noblesville IN 05/07/10 Cleveland OH 05/09/10
    PJ 20 2011
    Baltimore MD, Charlottesville VA, Seattle WA 2013
    St. Louis MO, Milwaukee WI 2014
    Tampa FL, Chicago IL, Lexington KY 2016
    Missoula MT 2018
  • Options
    Mr. FixerMr. Fixer Posts: 586
    Well, if this is really the GA for Pearl Jam at Safeco as it shows on Ticketmaster, I would say your chances of getting GA is a lot better than in the past.

Seat Map
  • Options
    varty yovarty yo Posts: 105
    Im on the fence about GA at this point. Id rather have a reserved seat an be higher up then have to be there hours before the show and end up 100 rows or more back and have to look over heads all show. Also i dont fly into seattle till 2 on wed so would basically have to go right to the show and get in line and wait. Ive seen them as close as 3rd row during my 13 shows and only one side on in the stands once but i really enjoyed it. So this point ill probably put in for reserved for both shows and GA for missoula as that was my 1st show back in 98 and the pit was nuts. Made up to 1st couple of rows and had a blast. I was also 20 back then haha
  • Options
    Mr. FixerMr. Fixer Posts: 586
    varty yo said:
    Im on the fence about GA at this point. Id rather have a reserved seat an be higher up then have to be there hours before the show and end up 100 rows or more back and have to look over heads all show. Also i dont fly into seattle till 2 on wed so would basically have to go right to the show and get in line and wait. Ive seen them as close as 3rd row during my 13 shows and only one side on in the stands once but i really enjoyed it. So this point ill probably put in for reserved for both shows and GA for missoula as that was my 1st show back in 98 and the pit was nuts. Made up to 1st couple of rows and had a blast. I was also 20 back then haha
    I hear ya.  My wife and I can unfortunately only go to the Friday Seattle show due to work obligations.  However, we are flying in on Thursday.  We plan on really taking in the city of Seattle as well as renting a car and going up to Snoqualmie on Saturday and just driving through the surrounding area(s) with the top down.  That being said, there is probably NO WAY she would be willing to wait in line, and she is much to short to be looking over all those heads in GA, lol.  That being said, I will gladly take Section 146 or 147 in a low row :)  Really, really looking forward to this and have been waiting for something like this in Seattle for a LOOOONG time...Is this real life?
  • Options
    Wanted to try for the Boston shows but the no GA section has me second guessing.  So the whole field is seats and my 10C number is 190424..... did anyone get field seats in 2016 with similar 10C numbers?  
  • Options
    riley540riley540 Denver Colorado Posts: 1,128
    Mr. Fixer said:
    Well, if this is really the GA for Pearl Jam at Safeco as it shows on Ticketmaster, I would say your chances of getting GA is a lot better than in the past.

Seat Map
    I’m so stoked they made GA so large!! 
  • Options
    tschavtschav Posts: 2,775
    pjblack92 said:
    Wanted to try for the Boston shows but the no GA section has me second guessing.  So the whole field is seats and my 10C number is 190424..... did anyone get field seats in 2016 with similar 10C numbers?  
    I'm in the 260ks and got field seats in the second row of sections - you will be fine at Fenway. 
  • Options
    tschavtschav Posts: 2,775
    I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of people try GA lottery as first picks, reserved as second, and use TM Verified as a backup plan. Especially if 10c odds are great across all shows with more seats allotted for the fan club than 2016 ballpark shows.

If you are shorter, worry about sightlines, or want piece of mind about a designated spot then you shouldn't have an issue with Reserved as first options in the lottery. 
  • Options
    RYMERYME Wisconsin Posts: 1,904
    Strategy?
    Put your name in the Hat for the shows that you want to attend, if your name gets drawn you go.
  • Options
    CantKeepmedownCantKeepmedown Portland, Maine Posts: 2,924
    edited January 2018
    pjblack92 said:
    You'll definitely be on the field.  I'm at 198xxx and was in section B5 in 2016
  • Options
    So my question is if you go for reserve seating there is a chance your reserved seats will be on the field behind GA correct? 
  • Options
    derbydavederbydave Columbus, OH Posts: 11,254
    varty yo said:
    So my question is if you go for reserve seating there is a chance your reserved seats will be on the field behind GA correct? 

Yes...The 10 Club members with lower numbers usually get field seating!!
    '96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

• Options
    Hmmm id kinda rather sit a bit higher with my reserved seating instead of having GA and how many other rows in front on me. My fanclub number is 197XXX. So good chance ill be field regardless wether i pick GA or reserved
  • Options
    varty yo said:
    Hmmm id kinda rather sit a bit higher with my reserved seating instead of having GA and how many other rows in front on me. My fanclub number is 197XXX. So good chance ill be field regardless wether i pick GA or reserved
    Hard to say in Seattle...there are a lot of legacy 10 Club members there,
    but there's still a pretty good chance you would be on the field!!
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2

• Options
    Oh well it is what it will be! Seeing PJ in seattle is a bucket list item for me. Im going for both nights so im sure ill have a couple diff site lines haha
  • Options
    varty yo said:
    Oh well it is what it will be! Seeing PJ in seattle is a bucket list item for me. Im going for both nights so im sure ill have a couple diff site lines haha

It's gonna be an INCREDIBLE time...
    these Seattle shows will be so much fun!!

• Options
    jdopjjdopj Posts: 649
    varty yo said:
    My friend has 167xxx and he was in the lower bowl for Wrigley
  • Options
    JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 3,970
    My ticket buddy and I are doing both Wrigley shows.  I'm putting in for GA (1st choice) & Reserved (2nd choice) for Night 1 and he's doing the same for Night 2.  Hopefully this covers us both for both nights.  
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • Options
    Yah i wouldnt even mind lower bowl. Im not even gonna try for GA. IVe been in the pit plenty in the early days and had alot of fun. 
  • Options
    jdopj said:
    varty yo said:
    My friend has 167xxx and he was in the lower bowl for Wrigley
    And I was on the field with tickets.com tickets.
  • Options
    jwc6160jwc6160 Posts: 321
    varty yo said:
    This is exactly me aside from me having a way worse number than you. I guess I will just roll the dice and hope for the best. Looking forward to my first Seattle show regardless. 
    KC 2010
    Lincoln 2014
    New York 2016
    Seattle 2018
    St Louis 2022

EV@ Innings Festival in AZ 2023
  • Options
    JM276219 said:
    The first show I use 10C for was Moline.  Wife and I were 1st row center behind GA.

You just never know what you're gonna get...
    This. My number is #5xxxxx and i've been in the first couple rows on the floor anytime that I've pulled reserved.
    Worcester1 13, Worcester2 13, Hartford 13, San Diego 13, Los Angeles1 13, Los Angeles2 13
    Trieste 14, Vienna 14, Gdynia 14, Leeds 14, Milton Keynes 14, Denver 14
    Central Park 15
    Fort Lauderdale 16, Miami 16, Tampa 16, Jacksonville 16, Greenville 16, Hampton 16, Columbia 16, Lexington 16, Philly1 16, Philly2 16, NYC1 16, NYC2 16, Quebec City 16, Ottawa 16, Toronto1 16, Toronto2 16, Fenway1 16, Fenway2 16, Wrigley1 16, Wrigley2 16

• Options
    Question.
    I joined 10Club just recently so I don't even know what my number is yet. I'm trying to get tickets for my hubby. He turns 40 soon and seeing PJ is on his bucket list. I'm following all the discussion on getting tickets just so I'm in the know a bit. I'm only 5'2" and my hubby is over 6 ft. I'm guessing he'd be fine with GA, but will I even be able to see anything? Since I'm doubtful I'd get any good reserved seats through 10C, should I just take my gamble with GA? 
    Not sure what the best option is for us. 
  • Options
    Question.
    I joined 10Club just recently so I don't even know what my number is yet. I'm trying to get tickets for my hubby. He turns 40 soon and seeing PJ is on his bucket list. I'm following all the discussion on getting tickets just so I'm in the know a bit. I'm only 5'2" and my hubby is over 6 ft. I'm guessing he'd be fine with GA, but will I even be able to see anything? Since I'm doubtful I'd get any good reserved seats through 10C, should I just take my gamble with GA? 
    He puts you up on his shoulders in GA, problem solved. :joy:
    Worcester1 13, Worcester2 13, Hartford 13, San Diego 13, Los Angeles1 13, Los Angeles2 13
    Trieste 14, Vienna 14, Gdynia 14, Leeds 14, Milton Keynes 14, Denver 14
    Central Park 15
    Fort Lauderdale 16, Miami 16, Tampa 16, Jacksonville 16, Greenville 16, Hampton 16, Columbia 16, Lexington 16, Philly1 16, Philly2 16, NYC1 16, NYC2 16, Quebec City 16, Ottawa 16, Toronto1 16, Toronto2 16, Fenway1 16, Fenway2 16, Wrigley1 16, Wrigley2 16

• Options
    Question.
    Its a risk reward proposition. GA is the hardest to get. Lowest odds of winning. Highest odds of not getting a ticket. If you want the safer option with better odds of getting a ticket go for reserved. 
  • Options
    JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 3,970
    Question.
    Your 10C # is listed on on your 10C membership profile. 
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.