Options

Ticket Strategy

Comments

• Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,813
    Just changed my priority for my picks with the Verified Fan presale. I called ticketmaster customer service up to see if I screwed up in doing this since I may be flagged for being a bot or scalping. I got an automated message that said they were having a high number of calls at the moment and that I should call back at a later time and the phone hung up on me. How does a huge company like that not even have a system that will call you back when someone is available. 
  • Options
    feederfeeder Boise, ID Posts: 79
    derbydave said:
    varty yo said:
    Hmmm id kinda rather sit a bit higher with my reserved seating instead of having GA and how many other rows in front on me. My fanclub number is 197XXX. So good chance ill be field regardless wether i pick GA or reserved
    Hard to say in Seattle...there are a lot of legacy 10 Club members there,
    but there's still a pretty good chance you would be on the field!!
    That's interesting, what do you mean by "Legacy"?
    "Have we got a show for you??  No, it's a question!" EV 5/12/22
  • Options
    feeder said:
    derbydave said:
    varty yo said:
    Hmmm id kinda rather sit a bit higher with my reserved seating instead of having GA and how many other rows in front on me. My fanclub number is 197XXX. So good chance ill be field regardless wether i pick GA or reserved

5 digit fan club members....the real OG's
    Gorge
  • Options
    feederfeeder Boise, ID Posts: 79
    feeder said:
    derbydave said:
    varty yo said:

5 digit fan club members....the real OG's
    Gotcha', because before the Analog/Digital membership options, my membership used to be listed as "Legacy".
    "Have we got a show for you??  No, it's a question!" EV 5/12/22
  • Options
    bk159954bk159954 Posts: 166
    Question.
    I joined 10Club just recently so I don't even know what my number is yet. I'm trying to get tickets for my hubby. He turns 40 soon and seeing PJ is on his bucket list. I'm following all the discussion on getting tickets just so I'm in the know a bit. I'm only 5'2" and my hubby is over 6 ft. I'm guessing he'd be fine with GA, but will I even be able to see anything? Since I'm doubtful I'd get any good reserved seats through 10C, should I just take my gamble with GA? 
    Not sure what the best option is for us. 
    In my opinion GA is the best option. They have huge video screens that even short people can see. The GA sections at these ball park shows are huge. If you don't want to be in tight spaces you can be off to the side, see the big screens just fine, get beer and go the bathroom as you choose without bothering anybody.
  • Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,146
    If you win lottery you get what lthey give you....new 10C members get worse seats than long time members (seniority counts)....if you don't want to roll the dice with 10C, try TM verified presale first and see what you get...you KNOW you'll find stuff on secondary.

It counts every city, every show, every tour. For as many multiple shows members can win tickets for.

Good thing they don't need to interest new fans!
  • Options
    jdopjjdopj Posts: 649
    bk159954 said:
    Question.
    I joined 10Club just recently so I don't even know what my number is yet. I'm trying to get tickets for my hubby. He turns 40 soon and seeing PJ is on his bucket list. I'm following all the discussion on getting tickets just so I'm in the know a bit. I'm only 5'2" and my hubby is over 6 ft. I'm guessing he'd be fine with GA, but will I even be able to see anything? Since I'm doubtful I'd get any good reserved seats through 10C, should I just take my gamble with GA? 
    Not sure what the best option is for us. 
    In my opinion GA is the best option. They have huge video screens that even short people can see. The GA sections at these ball park shows are huge. If you don't want to be in tight spaces you can be off to the side, see the big screens just fine, get beer and go the bathroom as you choose without bothering anybody.
    This
  • Options
    rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 between a rock and a dumb place Posts: 12,632
    edited January 2018
    PJNB said:
    Just changed my priority for my picks with the Verified Fan presale. I called ticketmaster customer service up to see if I screwed up in doing this since I may be flagged for being a bot or scalping. I got an automated message that said they were having a high number of calls at the moment and that I should call back at a later time and the phone hung up on me. How does a huge company like that not even have a system that will call you back when someone is available. 

I wouldn't worry too much about that priority.  I used the Verified Fan for the U2 tour and I put in for several cities and got codes for all of them and if I remember right, I was able to use one of the codes for multiple cities.  And I also remember not remembering if I put in for one city and registering again with no problems.  It seemed pretty loose.  I believe the whole point of the verified fan system is to throttle back on how many people (or bots) are trying at the same time and ensuring that you are the one trying for tickets by using the code that is texted to you day of the sale.
    Post edited by rick1zoo2 on
  • Options
    rick1zoo2 said:
    PJNB said:

I wouldn't worry too much about that priority.  I used the Verified Fan for the U2 tour and I put in for several cities and got codes for all of them and if I remember right, I was able to use one of the codes for multiple cities.  And I also remember not remembering if I put in for one city and registering again with no problems.
    Good to know thanks. Hopefully I will not have to use it. 
  • Options
    tschavtschav Posts: 2,775
    Verified Fan for Jack White had codes that only worked for the shows you signed up for. For instance, I signed up for Detroit and was able to use it on TM, but if I tried that code for Milwaukee (which was eTix.com, not TM) the code was invalid.

Since Wrigley/Fenway use tickets.com and not Ticketmaster, I'd imagine this will be a similar scenario where you will most likely get unique codes for each of the stadiums.
  • Options
    KC138045KC138045 Columbus, OH Posts: 2,715
    tschav said:
    Verified Fan for Jack White had codes that only worked for the shows you signed up for. For instance, I signed up for Detroit and was able to use it on TM, but if I tried that code for Milwaukee (which was eTix.com, not TM) the code was invalid.

Since Wrigley/Fenway use tickets.com and not Ticketmaster, I'd imagine this will be a similar scenario where you will most likely get unique codes for each of the stadiums.
    The way I read the announcement is the pre-sale is through ticketmaster and only the public sales are through the partner sites.
    Columbus-2000
    Columbus-2003
    Cincinnati-2006
    Columbus-2010
    Wrigley-2013
    Cincinnati-2014
    Lexington-2016
    Wrigley 1 & 2-2018
  • Options
    tschavtschav Posts: 2,775
    edited January 2018
    Tickets.com handles all sales for Wrigley Field and Fenway Park, baseball or concerts. So you will likely get a presale code to enter on Tickets.com, and the TM Verified Fan communication will point you to Tickets.com. 

It's smart on Ticketmaster's part to find ways to still make money (verification services) without being the actual ticket seller. 
  • Options
    tschav said:

So are you saying if I put down Seattle Chicago and Boston I will get 1 code to get tickets for all 3 or 3 separate codes that are unique to each city?
  • Options
    1upstate1upstate near Syracuse NY Posts: 201
    tschav said:
    Tickets.com handles all sales for Wrigley Field and Fenway Park, baseball or concerts. So you will likely get a presale code to enter on Tickets.com, and the TM Verified Fan communication will point you to Tickets.com. 

It's smart on Ticketmaster's part to find ways to still make money (verification services) without being the actual ticket seller. 
    For Jack White verified sales this week ticketmaster sent you to the venue site which then sent you to tickets.com For my venue it was a mess. Verified link never worked, said no tickets for sale. For Shlts and giggles I tried regular link and it worked, used code on tickets'com site 10 minutes in and I still pulled 4 seats in a 2000 seat amphitheater. 

So, I expect that the verified deal will be messy with tickets.com very messy. also remember, tickets.com uses a "virtual waiting room" to buy. 
    "I know I was born and I know that I'll die. The in between is mine"
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,248
    PJNB said:
    tschav said:

So are you saying if I put down Seattle Chicago and Boston I will get 1 code to get tickets for all 3 or 3 separate codes that are unique to each city?

3 separate codes, actually 6 if you want to try to buy both shows in each city. You sign up for each show you want to buy individually.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    Are "Ten Club tickets" and "Ticketmaster verified" the same thing? I am confused by the new process.
  • Options
    Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,504
    Are "Ten Club tickets" and "Ticketmaster verified" the same thing? I am confused by the new process.
    No.  It kinda works like this. 

1.  Ten Club Tickets
    2.  Verified Presale tickets
    3.  Public onsale tickets
    4.  3rd party/resale sites. 
    Turn this anger into
    Nuclear fission
  • Options
    kathynekkathynek of the earth Posts: 59
    I am confused as well.  Is the TenClub lottery just that on the 7th of February?  Or are we actually able to purchase tickets on that date until the 12th?  If we miss out on those then we go for the verified presale?
    * St. Louis, MO - 02 July 1998 * Chicago, IL - 09 Oct 2000 * St. Louis, MO - 11 Oct 2000
    * Champaign, IL - 23 April 2003 * Las Vegas, NV - 06 June 2003 * Kansas City, KS - 12 June 2003
    * Chicago, IL - 18 June 2003 * St. Louis, MO - 05 Oct 2004 * Chicago, IL - 16 May 2006
    * Milwaukee, WI - 29 June 2006 * Chicago, IL - 05 Aug 2007 * Chicago, IL - 24 Aug 2008
    * Nashville, TN - 17 June 2009 * Nashville, TN - 18 June 2009 * Chicago, IL - 23 Aug 2009
    * St. Louis, MO - 04 May 2010 * Chicago, IL - 28 June 2011 * St. Louis, MO - 01 July 2011
    * East Troy, WI - 03 Sept 2011 * East Troy, WI - 04 Sept 2011 * Chicago, IL - 19 July 2013
    * Chicago, IL - 09 July 2015  * Chicago, IL 20 Aug 2016  * Chicago, IL - 18 Aug 2018 
    * Chicago, IL - 20 Aug 2018  * 2020 NO LUCK! :(
  • Options
    kathynek said:
    I am confused as well.  Is the TenClub lottery just that on the 7th of February?  Or are we actually able to purchase tickets on that date until the 12th?  If we miss out on those then we go for the verified presale?
    The entry for the lottery runs from the 7th and the deadline is on the 12th. Once the deadline passes they will start the lotto for all 7 shows and send notifications out to the lucky winners and losers. If you win any of your picks your credit card is automatically charged on the 12th and you will get your mobile tickets early July.  

Yes if you miss out on those then the verified presale is the way to go. 
  • Options
    Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,504
    Enter the 10 Club lottery.   You have from the 7th to the 12 to enter.   On the day of the 12th, you will be notified if you won.  
    If you didnt win (or even if you did) you can still purchase tickets from the verified presale. 
    If you miss out on getting tickets during the verified presale, then you can try the public onsale. 
    if you miss out there, you can see if someone has a spare, or you can try a resale site. 
    Turn this anger into
    Nuclear fission
  • Options
    WSUFreakWSUFreak Posts: 122
    Poncier said:
    PJNB said:
    tschav said:

3 separate codes, actually 6 if you want to try to buy both shows in each city. You sign up for each show you want to buy individually.

I am not sure this is right.  TM had city specific choices to prioritize, not show specific choices.
  • Options
    BRONDOBRONDO Columbus, OH Posts: 400
    So when the lottery starts and % given out. Do these % represent 1st pick entries for specific show or ALL picks for a specific show?
  • Options
    BRONDO said:
    So when the lottery starts and % given out. Do these % represent 1st pick entries for specific show or ALL picks for a specific show?
      All picks for for that particular entry (so for example all entries for Seattle GA night 1 regardless of priority go into the % for that drawing, but Seattle Reserved night 1 is not counted against that). 
  • Options
    Thanks!!
  • Options
    So essentially there are 12 different possibilities for 1st pick 5ga and 7 reserve (Fenway only res?)
  • Options
    mookeywrenchmookeywrench Posts: 5,762
    You guys are making this hard and stressful.  Here's what I'm doing:
    Going to enter the drawing for Seattle nights 1 and 2 reserved seating. 
    Going to wait to see what the results are once the drawing ends.
    Going to carry on with life.
    350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg
  • Options
    WesCWesC Posts: 92
    You guys are making this hard and stressful.  Here's what I'm doing:
    Going to enter the drawing for Seattle nights 1 and 2 reserved seating. 
    Going to wait to see what the results are once the drawing ends.
    Going to carry on with life.
    Well said.  This round sounds like most requests by fan club members will be met.  As I tell my kids, " Ya get what ya get and ya don't throw a fit"
    6/30/06 Milwaukee 8/23/09 Chicago 05/03/10 Kansas City 09/03/11 Alpine Valley 09/04/11 Alpine Valley 11/16/13 Oklahoma City
    11/19/13 Phoenix 11/29/13 Portland 10/03/14 St. Louis 10/17/14 Moline 10/19/14 St. Paul 04/26/16 Lexington 08/07/16 Boston
    08/22/16 Chicago 08/08/18 Seattle 08/10/18 Seattle 08/13/18 Missoula 08/18/18 Chicago
  • Options
    My mem# is in the 5's. I didn't enter the draw for the 2016 stadium shows but I did for arena shows that spring and was happy with my seats.
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,248
    WSUFreak said:
    Poncier said:
    PJNB said:
    tschav said:

I am not sure this is right.  TM had city specific choices to prioritize, not show specific choices.

I haven't registered yet, so maybe its only per city in this case. For other artists TM Verified has been per show. I had to register separately twice for 2 U2 shows in Boston.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    Does anyone who has used TM Verified Fan know if you’re on the hook to use one of your tickets for yourself? I’m cool with the lotto mandating that (if I get tickets that way I’ll be using my ticket), but could I purchase tickets through TM also and sell all of them to friends if necessary? I thought I heard that with U2 you had to have purchaser information to show (credit card) to get in, but I might be mistaken... Am I just overthinking this whole thing??!