Options

Ticket Strategy

Comments

• Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,812
    RB16012 said:
    PJNB said:
    I'm new to the Lottery, when it starts and will I be able to set a priority for Reserved and GA? So if I don't get selected for the reserved I would still have a chance for GA tickets.
    Usually GA is drawn first and is a lot harder to get unless you are in Europe. If you want GA put it first as you are highly unlikely to get is as a second or third choice. If you put reserved down as your first pick this lotto the way 10 club worded there instructions is they are going to be able to meet the demand of all entries. That means while your seat maybe far back you are pretty much guaranteed a ticket. 
    So wait... I was planning on putting Seattle #2 GA as my first choice and reserved as my second choice. Do they draw everything at the same time so If I don't get GA does I'm out of luck for reserved? Or do they draw GA first then whoever's left goes into the reserved lottery? I have a 6xx,xxx number so I'm concerned I'll be in the upper decks. 

I might just hope for GA then pray I get lucky on TM if GA doesn't pan out.
    Lets say they are drawing for Seattle night 1. They draw GA first priority first. If they do not fill GA with first priority picks they go to second priority and so on till it is filled. They only search for GA picks in this lottery. After GA is filled they then go to Reserved first priority picks and then second and so on till reserved is filled. 

The only thing to consider is if you do not want GA at all do not put it down. You will get reserved as your first pick most likely but there is a small chance GA makes it to the second round and if you have it there as a choice there is a chance you will get picked and now will not be considered for your reserved since you already won a pick for that show. 
  • Options
    PJNB said:
    RB16012 said:
    PJNB said:
    I'm new to the Lottery, when it starts and will I be able to set a priority for Reserved and GA? So if I don't get selected for the reserved I would still have a chance for GA tickets.
    Usually GA is drawn first and is a lot harder to get unless you are in Europe. If you want GA put it first as you are highly unlikely to get is as a second or third choice. If you put reserved down as your first pick this lotto the way 10 club worded there instructions is they are going to be able to meet the demand of all entries. That means while your seat maybe far back you are pretty much guaranteed a ticket. 
    So wait... I was planning on putting Seattle #2 GA as my first choice and reserved as my second choice. Do they draw everything at the same time so If I don't get GA does I'm out of luck for reserved? Or do they draw GA first then whoever's left goes into the reserved lottery? I have a 6xx,xxx number so I'm concerned I'll be in the upper decks. 

Lets say they are drawing for Seattle night 1. They draw GA first priority first. If they do not fill GA with first priority picks they go to second priority and so on till it is filled. They only search for GA picks in this lottery. After GA is filled they then go to Reserved first priority picks and then second and so on till reserved is filled. 

The only thing to consider is if you do not want GA at all do not put it down. You will get reserved as your first pick most likely but there is a small chance GA makes it to the second round and if you have it there as a choice there is a chance you will get picked and now will not be considered for your reserved since you already won a pick for that show. 
    Key point here.  In the past they have drawn all GA first and then done reserved.  Meaning you could have Reserved first and GA second but receive GA instead of reserved because they accomodated all GA they could before considering any Reserved tickets for the same show.
  • Options
    NDJeff7NDJeff7 Posts: 205
    PJNB said:
    RB16012 said:
    PJNB said:

Key point here.  In the past they have drawn all GA first and then done reserved.  Meaning you could have Reserved first and GA second but receive GA instead of reserved because they accomodated all GA they could before considering any Reserved tickets for the same show.
    Yes, this is what happened to me in 2016. I put reserved first and GA second, thinking I was basically guaranteed reserved. I was shocked when I got GA, but now this makes much more sense. Had I known that, I would have just put in one request for reserved.
  • Options
    buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    I hope the band sees me crying here, and sets me up with backstage passes for both nights in Chicago.  
  • Options
    Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,277
    All this speculation is a great way to bide our time but it really comes down to the odds.

Now....do the odds pertain only to your first pick or ALL odds for that show.  If I have Fenway 2 as my 4rth pick will the odds show my chance as number 4 or number 1 choice?  I'm confused....lol.

Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,812
    Sprunkn7 said:
    All this speculation is a great way to bide our time but it really comes down to the odds.

Now....do the odds pertain only to your first pick or ALL odds for that show.  If I have Fenway 2 as my 4rth pick will the odds show my chance as number 4 or number 1 choice?  I'm confused....lol.

Odds are only an indication of how popular a show is. Whether your pick for Fenway is a first or a seventh they are weighted the same when applied to the percentage. This means your first pick is surely better odds then what is shown and your 4th pick is more then likely a lot worse. 
  • Options
    So I'm new to 10C draft. Does everyone usually wait until the last day of the draft to put their picks in based on the odds or percentage of the show they want to see?
  • Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,450
    So I'm new to 10C draft. Does everyone usually wait until the last day of the draft to put their picks in based on the odds or percentage of the show they want to see?
    Not sure what everyone does, but depending on what/how many shows i'm trying for, factors to when i put my Lotto selections. 

On this particular tour i'll probably make my selection right away, as i'm only trying for one City, so the odds will not matter to me.
  • Options
    PJNB said:
    Sprunkn7 said:

Odds are only an indication of how popular a show is. Whether your pick for Fenway is a first or a seventh they are weighted the same when applied to the percentage. This means your first pick is surely better odds then what is shown and your 4th pick is more then likely a lot worse. 
    Hi there. Are you fairly certain that this is how the odds work? I just haven't seen any definitive details from ten club and was wondering. I had been thinking initially that odds referred to chances of getting selected with a first choice (e.g., 50% odds means for 1000 pairs, 2000 people entered as first choice). But this would mean that 2nd choices would never be selected if the odds showed less than 100%. So what you've said seems to make more sense.
  • Options
    jmug23jmug23 Posts: 778
    PJNB said:
    Sprunkn7 said:

Hi there. Are you fairly certain that this is how the odds work? I just haven't seen any definitive details from ten club and was wondering. I had been thinking initially that odds referred to chances of getting selected with a first choice (e.g., 50% odds means for 1000 pairs, 2000 people entered as first choice). But this would mean that 2nd choices would never be selected if the odds showed less than 100%. So what you've said seems to make more sense.
    Yeah he is right. Unless they change how they have done it in the past. The odds account for ALL entries, not just first priority. Some people will put in for Ga for 5th and 6th picks and it will include those picks with the overall odds. I still don’t think anyone will get GA outside of their first pick, but that’s just my opinion. I think they got more reserved seats, but the GA can only get so much bigger and it can’t keep up with demand. 
  • Options
    jdopjjdopj Posts: 649
    jmug23 said:
    PJNB said:
    Sprunkn7 said:

Yeah he is right. Unless they change how they have done it in the past. The odds account for ALL entries, not just first priority. Some people will put in for Ga for 5th and 6th picks and it will include those picks with the overall odds. I still don’t think anyone will get GA outside of their first pick, but that’s just my opinion. I think they got more reserved seats, but the GA can only get so much bigger and it can’t keep up with demand. 
    I think some people will get GA on the second pick. Wrigley 2 and Missoula only though
  • Options
    jmug23jmug23 Posts: 778
    jdopj said:
    jmug23 said:
    PJNB said:
    Sprunkn7 said:

I think some people will get GA on the second pick. Wrigley 2 and Missoula only though
    Yeah possibly. Definitely not past number 2 IMHO. That would be awesome if Missoula GA made it to number 2, because that’s what my number 2 selection will be. Seattle GA will be number 1. 
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,248

Well if everyone waited till the last day, the odds would be 99% for all shows until that day.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    jmug23 said:
    jdopj said:
    jmug23 said:
    PJNB said:
    Sprunkn7 said:

Yeah possibly. Definitely not past number 2 IMHO. That would be awesome if Missoula GA made it to number 2, because that’s what my number 2 selection will be. Seattle GA will be number 1. 
    I think a lot of people will double those 2 up. You only get one first choice and there are 7 shows. Something has to give
  • Options
    So ticket buddies should both pick Wrigley 1 as #1 and Wrigley 2 as #2? And you might end up with 4 GA tickets to each show?
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    So ticket buddies should both pick Wrigley 1 as #1 and Wrigley 2 as #2? And you might end up with 4 GA tickets to each show?
    Its possible but not for sure
    Post edited by jdopj on
  • Options
    If it was me, and there’s two of you, slam dunk it and one of you each take a show and make it your #1
  • Options
    jdopj said:
    If it was me, and there’s two of you, slam dunk it and one of you each take a show and make it your #1
    kinda what I was thinking - but after reading the above, it sounds like it might be hard to secure Saturday night so....
  • Options
    varty yovarty yo Posts: 105
    So whats the odds of getting reserved for both seattle shows? I have a decent # 197XXX and am planning on goin to both shows. I have no interest in GA for either. Can you put reserved for all choices?
  • Options
    I apologize if this is a dumb question, but I have never done the lotto before...I am only able to attend the Missoula show and my wife wants to be in reserved.  If, just to cover my bases, I make my choices 1st Reserved and 2nd GA, they won’t charge me for GA as well if I’m chosen for my first choice of reserved will they?

If your wife wants reserved, why would you put in for GA at all?  Just get a pair of reserved seats.
    I just wanted to know if I could do both, in case I only put in for reserved and they fill up...I then have GA to fall back on.  Judging from what I’ve been reading though this shouldn’t be an issue.
    Calgary, Alberta (1993) / Missoula, Montana (2003) / Calgary, Alberta (2005) / Saskatoon, Saskatchewan (2005) /Chicago, Illinois (2007) / Calgary, Alberta, (2009) / Calgary, Alberta (2011) / Calgary, AB (2013) / Missoula, Montana (2018) / Vancouver, BC (2024)
  • Options
    rick1zoo2 said:
    Does anyone who has used TM Verified Fan know if you’re on the hook to use one of your tickets for yourself? I’m cool with the lotto mandating that (if I get tickets that way I’ll be using my ticket), but could I purchase tickets through TM also and sell all of them to friends if necessary? I thought I heard that with U2 you had to have purchaser information to show (credit card) to get in, but I might be mistaken... Am I just overthinking this whole thing??!
    For the Joshua Tree tour last year that was not Verified Fan, entry was credit card holder.  But for this year's tour, which is Verified Fan, I got all the tickets in the mail.  So we will have to see what the PJ verified fan situation is.
    Thanks!
  • Options
    varty yo said:
    So whats the odds of getting reserved for both seattle shows? I have a decent # 197XXX and am planning on goin to both shows. I have no interest in GA for either. Can you put reserved for all choices?
    Yes absolutely. Odds are usually better. Just order them this way:
    1. Sea 2 Reserved
    2. Sea 1 Reserved
  • Options
    varty yovarty yo Posts: 105
    Ok thats what i was figuring ive never had to do the lottery system before. just tix based on my fan club #
  • Options
    evenflow82evenflow82 Posts: 3,848
    I may have been out to lunch, but are there seats on the field or is it standing like how it has been recently?
    Definitely out to lunch dude!
    You didn't answer my question.
    I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell.
    -Christopher Walken

you're=you are
    your=showing ownership

The truth has a well known liberal bias.
    -Stephen Colbert
  • Options
    jmug23 said:
    PJNB said:
    Sprunkn7 said:

This is also how I understand it as well.
    "This melody, inside of me, still searches for a solution."
  • Options
    Wanted to throw my scenario in the mix and get feedback if possible. I plan on going to Safeco 2 and Wrigley 2. For Safeco, I just want to be in the building. For Wrigley 2, would love GA but, again, still want to be in attendance. So, with that, I plan on the following:

1) Wrigley 2 - GA
    2) Safeco 1 - Reserved
    3) Wrigley 2 - Reserved

I think I'm set with this order...but would hate to miss out on Wrigley 2 altogether since reserved is my 3rd choice. Just trying to cover all of my bases, so to speak.
    07/28/1992 - Cincinnati
    07/11/1998 - Las Vegas
    07/22/2006 - The Gorge
    04/26/2016 - Lexington
    08/08/2018 - Seattle
    08/10/2018 - Seattle
    08/20/2018 - Wrigley Field
    04/02/2020 - Nashville
    09/16/2022 - Nashville
  • Options
    jmug23 said:
    PJNB said:
    Sprunkn7 said:

Cool - thanks!
  • Options
    Wanted to throw my scenario in the mix and get feedback if possible. I plan on going to Safeco 2 and Wrigley 2. For Safeco, I just want to be in the building. For Wrigley 2, would love GA but, again, still want to be in attendance. So, with that, I plan on the following:

1) Wrigley 2 - GA
    2) Safeco 1 - Reserved
    3) Wrigley 2 - Reserved

I think I'm set with this order...but would hate to miss out on Wrigley 2 altogether since reserved is my 3rd choice. Just trying to cover all of my bases, so to speak.
    This is how I would do it for sure.
    You mean Safeco 2 in your order right?
  • Options
    riley540riley540 Denver Colorado Posts: 1,128
    Do you think there is any hope to get GA for Seattle 1 and 2? 
  • Options
    riley540 said:
    Do you think there is any hope to get GA for Seattle 1 and 2? 
    It’s possible but not likely