Options

Ticket Strategy

Comments

• Options
    buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    Wanted to throw my scenario in the mix and get feedback if possible. I plan on going to Safeco 2 and Wrigley 2. For Safeco, I just want to be in the building. For Wrigley 2, would love GA but, again, still want to be in attendance. So, with that, I plan on the following:

1) Wrigley 2 - GA
    2) Safeco 1 - Reserved
    3) Wrigley 2 - Reserved

I think I'm set with this order...but would hate to miss out on Wrigley 2 altogether since reserved is my 3rd choice. Just trying to cover all of my bases, so to speak.
    You will end up with no tickets 
  • Options
    varty yovarty yo Posts: 105
    Im just goin for Safeco reserved for both shows. No interest in GA this go around
  • Options
    amethgr8amethgr8 Posts: 766
    I know they said they anticipate accommodating most if not all requests.  Even if they are able to cover 90% of the demand, there is still 10% of the people will not get tickets.  I know the odds might be better thank 50/50 based on amount of tickets this tour, but still if they cannot fill all the demand, some will be shut out.

I'm curious buck502000 how you figure flanosmasseur will get shut out
    Amy The Great #74594
    New Orleans LA 7/4/95 reschedule 9/17/95
    Chicago IL 1998, 10/9/00, 06/18/03, 05/16/06, 05/17/06
    08/23/09, 08/24/09, Lolla 08/05/07
    Champaign IL 4/23/03
    Grand Rapids MI VFC 10/03/04
    Grand Rapids MI 19May06
    Noblesville IN 05/07/10 Cleveland OH 05/09/10
    PJ 20 2011
    Baltimore MD, Charlottesville VA, Seattle WA 2013
    St. Louis MO, Milwaukee WI 2014
    Tampa FL, Chicago IL, Lexington KY 2016
    Missoula MT 2018
  • Options
    PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,779
    My two cents . . .this is a charity show . . PJ is aware of their fanbase . . .that is why they said they believe they can fulfill all/most fanclub tickets.  They have taken steps to increase fanclub tixs for these shows.  Stadium shows are not designed to be a personal, up close experience with the band.  I'm sure they have evaluated the seats/views, etc and selected what they believe are the best sections for club members, factoring in the demand.  I've been to many PJ shows, I have a decent member number, and have fared well at arena shows.  But ball park shows are different, I would MUCH rather be in ANY section filled with 10club members than pay way over price on secondary sites and be surrounded by people talking through songs, talking on their phones . . .you get my point.  Part of the PJ experience is being a part of this community and sharing it together.  TRUST me on this, if you win lottery, stop there.  Go and enjoy what I've enjoyed for the last 18 years, a show where you don't need to know the person next to you to grab their arm in excitement, share a look at something Ed has said.  

Just my two cents . . .
  • Options
    jmug23jmug23 Posts: 778
    riley540 said:
    Do you think there is any hope to get GA for Seattle 1 and 2? 
    My best guess would be no. But obviously it’s just a guess. Only 7 total shows and it seems like more people are putting in for GA which is already hard to get, based on the email from 10 club alluding that most people will get their desired tickets. I think people are putting in GA first choice this time around assuming they are almost guaranteed reserved seats with later picks. In the past, people wouldn’t risk it and would just put reserve first. 
  • Options
    D-RodD-Rod Hamilton, Ontario Posts: 1,804
    My two cents . . .this is a charity show . . PJ is aware of their fanbase . . .that is why they said they believe they can fulfill all/most fanclub tickets.  They have taken steps to increase fanclub tixs for these shows.  Stadium shows are not designed to be a personal, up close experience with the band.  I'm sure they have evaluated the seats/views, etc and selected what they believe are the best sections for club members, factoring in the demand.  I've been to many PJ shows, I have a decent member number, and have fared well at arena shows.  But ball park shows are different, I would MUCH rather be in ANY section filled with 10club members than pay way over price on secondary sites and be surrounded by people talking through songs, talking on their phones . . .you get my point.  Part of the PJ experience is being a part of this community and sharing it together.  TRUST me on this, if you win lottery, stop there.  Go and enjoy what I've enjoyed for the last 18 years, a show where you don't need to know the person next to you to grab their arm in excitement, share a look at something Ed has said.  

Just my two cents . . .
    Agree 100%. Anywhere in the 10 club section is an amazing experience regardless of seat location 
    1996.....Toronto
    2005.....Hamilton
    2011.....Toronto N1, Toronto N2, Hamilton
    2013.....London, Buffalo
    2014.....Detroit
    2016.....Toronto N1 Toronto N2, Boston  N1, Boston N2, Chicago N1
    2018.....Seattle N1, Seattle N2
    2022.....San Diego, Los Angeles N1, Los Angeles N2, Phoenix, Oakland N1, Oakland N2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto  
    2023.....Fort Worth N1, Fort Worth N2, Austin N1, Austin N2
    2024.....???? 
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,265
    D-Rod said:

Just my two cents . . .
    Agree 100%. Anywhere in the 10 club section is an amazing experience regardless of seat location 
    Absolutely the shows will be amazing, but they'll be even more amazing from the front :)

My honest personal assessment is that concerts are more fun towards the front in the thick of it.    They can be pretty fund from far away, but up front, it adds another layer to the experience.
  • Options
    mrk2mrk2 Finland Posts: 2,026
    GA in Seattle holds about 5000 people, judging by pictures and seating charts for other shows, so there's always some hope.
    225xxx - 6/28/00, 10/20/01, 10/22/01, 9/11/06, 9/22/06, 9/23/06, 6/18/07, 6/26/07, 8/15/09, 6/25/10, 6/30/10, 7/4/12, 7/5/12, 7/7/12, 7/10/12, 6/26/14, 6/28/14, 7/3/18, 7/5/18
  • Options
    Wanted to throw my scenario in the mix and get feedback if possible. I plan on going to Safeco 2 and Wrigley 2. For Safeco, I just want to be in the building. For Wrigley 2, would love GA but, again, still want to be in attendance. So, with that, I plan on the following:

1) Wrigley 2 - GA
    2) Safeco 2 - Reserved
    3) Wrigley 2 - Reserved

I think I'm set with this order...but would hate to miss out on Wrigley 2 altogether since reserved is my 3rd choice. Just trying to cover all of my bases, so to speak.
    You will end up with no tickets 
    Gotcha...is it your assumption then to take GA out of the equation? List Wrigley 2 number one and Safeco 2 number two (or vice versa)?
    07/28/1992 - Cincinnati
    07/11/1998 - Las Vegas
    07/22/2006 - The Gorge
    04/26/2016 - Lexington
    08/08/2018 - Seattle
    08/10/2018 - Seattle
    08/20/2018 - Wrigley Field
    04/02/2020 - Nashville
    09/16/2022 - Nashville
  • Options
    rummyrummy British Columbia, Canada Posts: 4,354
    varty yo said:
    Im just goin for Safeco reserved for both shows. No interest in GA this go around
    +1. Just want to be there with (hopefully) minimal stress/hassle beforehand.
  • Options
    amethgr8 said:
    I know they said they anticipate accommodating most if not all requests.  Even if they are able to cover 90% of the demand, there is still 10% of the people will not get tickets.  I know the odds might be better thank 50/50 based on amount of tickets this tour, but still if they cannot fill all the demand, some will be shut out.

I’ve been through a few lotteries.  I am pretty  confident in saying if you miss on GA as your first choice your chances of getting tickets at all are slim to none.  The demand for tickets has increased, especially for domestic shows.  GA sells out - if you want to go to the show - pick reserved. With all that being said, the Ticketmaster verified option is a good piggy back on the 10C lottery.  I am going all in on GA for both Wrigley shows I am picking night 1 as my first and night 2 as my second.  My ticket buddy is doing the opposite, night 2 first, night 1 second, respectively.  What do you think will happen?  We will not end up with 4 sets of GA tickets.  We will probably only end up with 1 pair for Monday night. LOL
  • Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,571
    When will someone start a GA line up strategy thread? 
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    amethgr8 said:

I’ve been through a few lotteries.  I am pretty  confident in saying if you miss on GA as your first choice your chances of getting tickets at all are slim to none.  The demand for tickets has increased, especially for domestic shows.  GA sells out - if you want to go to the show - pick reserved. With all that being said, the Ticketmaster verified option is a good piggy back on the 10C lottery.  I am going all in on GA for both Wrigley shows I am picking night 1 as my first and night 2 as my second.  My ticket buddy is doing the opposite, night 2 first, night 1 second, respectively.  What do you think will happen?  We will not end up with 4 sets of GA tickets.  We will probably only end up with 1 pair for Monday night. LOL
    Keep in mind Ticketmaster Verified Fan are almost all going to be worse than 10C tickets.  And just because you signed up for Verified Fan does not mean you'll get picked.  They only sign up as many fans as tickets they have available for the presale,  I haven't been chosen for concerts that have way less demand than these shows.  
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,830
    amethgr8 said:

Gotta disagree with this for this draw. Wrigley 2016 went to the 3rd and 4th round reserved for night 2 and that was with less tickets then they have now. Also people won 2 GA nights with their first 2 picks in 2016.

We just need to not look at the GA odds. They will go to whatever % they end up. The reserved seats however is the odds to watch if they dip to a level you are not comfortable with then pull your GA. 

Saying this is useless until we see the odds though. That and the fact this is all NA is getting this summer who knows what the demand is going to be. 
  • Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,153
    edited February 2018
    ^but that's seven stadium shows, which is likely equivalent to 16 or so arena shows, all in one draw.

So having as many tickets as one leg of an arena TOUR, but fewer shows will actually help odds for landing one pair of tickets.

Let's say, for example, most fans want Seattle. Since there will be a very large allotment and a huge ga there, many fans will win right there and be pulled out of the draw for the other five shows, increasing the odds.

That's why I believe the most, if not all ticket comment was made by 10c. It's my working theory ;-)
    Post edited by Lerxst1992 on
  • Options
    malphurs72malphurs72 NC Piedmont Posts: 56
    why would they be pulled out of the draw for the other shows if they "win" Seattle?
    98 Raleigh 03 Raleigh 06 Camden1 13 Baltimore 16 Greenville 16 Raleigh 16 Wrigley1 16 Wrigley2 18 Missoula 18 Wrigley1
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    For round one I should say. I admit the logic is iffy, but I'm giving it a roll of the dice
  • Options
    God's Dice, if you will?
    98 Raleigh 03 Raleigh 06 Camden1 13 Baltimore 16 Greenville 16 Raleigh 16 Wrigley1 16 Wrigley2 18 Missoula 18 Wrigley1
  • Options
    why would they be pulled out of the draw for the other shows if they "win" Seattle?
    Because you won your first choice 
  • Options
    You are allowed to win tickets to more than one show though
  • Options
    You are allowed to win tickets to more than one show though
    True
  • Options
    amethgr8amethgr8 Posts: 766
    thanks for the elaboration.  I don't know what will happen.  It's a lottery and I have quit trying to "figure it out".  I follow the forum, look at the odds, consider my choice shows and make my best guess.

Chicago GA will be past my 2nd pick so it should be interesting to see results.
    Amy The Great #74594
    New Orleans LA 7/4/95 reschedule 9/17/95
    Chicago IL 1998, 10/9/00, 06/18/03, 05/16/06, 05/17/06
    08/23/09, 08/24/09, Lolla 08/05/07
    Champaign IL 4/23/03
    Grand Rapids MI VFC 10/03/04
    Grand Rapids MI 19May06
    Noblesville IN 05/07/10 Cleveland OH 05/09/10
    PJ 20 2011
    Baltimore MD, Charlottesville VA, Seattle WA 2013
    St. Louis MO, Milwaukee WI 2014
    Tampa FL, Chicago IL, Lexington KY 2016
    Missoula MT 2018
  • Options

Just my two cents . . .
    Finally someone who gets it.  Thanks for the reality check Pure&Easy, we needed some levity on a Friday.
    All the best to all of you for the lotto next week.
    Chris.
    There's no need to say goodbye
  • Options
    3days3days Posts: 1,152
    edited February 2018
    I disagree with the people saying not to try for more than 1 GA for the following reasons.

1) The GA pit in Seattle looks HUGE based on the seating chart. It looks bigger than the Wrigley pit in 2016. I haven't seen a Wrigley '18 chart, so it's possible that this year's Wrigley pit has grown in size. Montana has a big GA pit also. Larger GA = better odds.

2) 10c believes that it will be able to fulfill most if not all ticket requests due to a larger ticket allotment. That means it probably won't matter much if fallback reserved tickets are your first or eighth prioritized picks, 10c says you should still get fanclub tickets into the show.

3) The 2016 stadium lottery only had 4 shows to pick from, while this year has 7. This will thin the herd somewhat, and give better odds for GA tickets.

4) In 2016, with only 4 shows in the stadium lottery, and less tickets available, people were still pulling Wrigley reserved with their 3rd and 4th prioritied picks. 

5) In 2016, with only 2 GA shows in the stadium lottery, some people won GA with both of their first 2 picks.  

6) Plenty of people will not pick GA at all due to preference, height concerns, physical limitations, etc. This also increases your GA odds.
    Post edited by 3days on
  • Options
    kaw753kaw753 Posts: 761

Just my two cents . . .
    I don't want to get off on a tangent, but seriously WTF is with people talking during concerts? I can think of 5 shows I have been to in the last few years where I actively had to seek out places where grown adults were not talking for 2 hours straight. And they need to talk louder to be heard over the band. I notice there are a lot of people at shows who are just there to be there, not there because they actually like the band (or comedian). 
  • Options
    chitownp76chitownp76 Posts: 1,439
    3days said:
    I disagree with the people saying not to try for more than 1 GA for the following reasons.

1) The GA pit in Seattle looks HUGE based on the seating chart. It looks bigger than the Wrigley pit in 2016. I haven't seen a Wrigley '18 chart, so it's possible that this year's Wrigley pit has grown in size. Montana has a big GA pit also. Larger GA = better odds.

2) 10c believes that it will be able to fulfill most if not all ticket requests due to a larger ticket allotment. That means it probably won't matter much if fallback reserved tickets are your first or eighth prioritized picks, 10c says you should still get fanclub tickets into the show.

3) The 2016 stadium lottery only had 4 shows to pick from, while this year has 7. This will thin the herd somewhat, and give better odds for GA tickets.

4) In 2016, with only 4 shows in the stadium lottery, and less tickets available, people were still pulling Wrigley reserved with their 3rd and 4th prioritied picks. 

5) In 2016, with only 2 GA shows in the stadium lottery, some people won GA with both of their first 2 picks.  

6) Plenty of people will not pick GA at all due to preference, height concerns, physical limitations, etc. This also increases your GA odds.
    Some valid points here. No one will really know until the odds come out. There are also a lot of people out there with super low #s that would prefer a seat knowing that it will be good and the chance of getting reserved seats are much higher this year than last.
    2014: Moline, IL
    2015: EV Solo (Metro Chicago)
    2016: Philadelphia PA 1, Philadelphia PA 2, New York City NY- MSG 1, EV Solo (Metro Chicago), Boston MA Fenway 1, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
    2017: EV Ohana Fest (Dana Point, CA), EV/Pete Townshend Quadrophenia Rosemont, IL
    2018: Seattle WA 1, Seattle WA 2, Missoula MT, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2, Boston MA Fenway 1, Boston MA Fenway 2
    2019: EV Tempe, AZ
    2020: PPD
    2022: EV & Earthlings Chicago 1 & 2, Phoenix AZ, Camden NJ, Nashville TN, St. Louis MO
    2023: EV Tempe, AZ, St Paul, MN 2, Chicago 1 & 2
    2024: Noblesville, IN, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
  • Options
    kaw753 said:

Just my two cents . . .
    I don't want to get off on a tangent, but seriously WTF is with people talking during concerts? I can think of 5 shows I have been to in the last few years where I actively had to seek out places where grown adults were not talking for 2 hours straight. And they need to talk louder to be heard over the band. I notice there are a lot of people at shows who are just there to be there, not there because they actually like the band (or comedian). 
    THIS is actually the reason I stress about bad seats. Almost got pummelled 15 years ago begging a macho fan to try to hit on his companion in the concourse or just keep it down because he was shouting over the band song after song. And it was an arena show with decent seats.

I don't need to see Mike play his guitar up close. Truth alert, I do!

I think most fans will enjoy these stadium shows as a chance to celebrate the music we love, but it's fun to speculate how to get the best or most seats possible.
  • Options
    kaw753kaw753 Posts: 761

THIS is actually the reason I stress about bad seats. Almost got pummelled 15 years ago begging a macho fan to try to hit on his companion in the concourse or just keep it down because he was shouting over the band song after song. And it was an arena show with decent seats.

I don't need to see Mike play his guitar up close. Truth alert, I do!

I think most fans will enjoy these stadium shows as a chance to celebrate the music we love, but it's fun to speculate how to get the best or most seats possible.
    I had to listen to a guy explain to his girlfriend what The River was about while Springsteen sang The River. 
  • Options
    3days3days Posts: 1,152
    3days said:

Some valid points here. No one will really know until the odds come out. There are also a lot of people out there with super low #s that would prefer a seat knowing that it will be good and the chance of getting reserved seats are much higher this year than last.
    The only odds to really pay attention to are the reserved odds, and those aren't even accurate. They aren't accurate because lots of people put in for GA and reserved for the same show. Once you win one, you can't win the other. Therefore, reserved odds go up dramatically, due to the all the scrubbed names who already won the show via GA tickets. 

The way to use reserved odds is just to gauge general interest in a show. For example, Seattle 2 could have lower odds than Seattle 1. So, Seattle 2 would be more popular, and should be prioritized before Seattle 1 when making picks.
  • Options
    rummyrummy British Columbia, Canada Posts: 4,354
    How about this one: Good chance I'll be attending Seattle shows solo (going on west coast family vacation this summer...wife is fine if I sneak out for those two evenings). Anyway, I was thinking I'd go Reserved to up the odds of getting in. However, will it be as fun in assigned seating?