Options

Ticket Strategy

Comments

• Options
    3days3days Posts: 1,152
    You should get in either way. Go for what you want.
  • Options
    rummy said:
    How about this one: Good chance I'll be attending Seattle shows solo (going on west coast family vacation this summer...wife is fine if I sneak out for those two evenings). Anyway, I was thinking I'd go Reserved to up the odds of getting in. However, will it be as fun in assigned seating? 

Seats are still fun, especially if you have at least a decent 10c # and you don't have to worry about securing a spot in a crowded environment.  I had seats in the lower bowl at Wrigley in 2016 for both shows and had a blast even though it was a ways from the stage.  If the pit is as big as appears on ticketmaster, it could be pretty darn crowded in GA except at the sides where you might actually see better from the stands.  My two cents anyway, but I have not had GA at a ballpark. 
  • Options
    jwc6160 said:
    Jbarker said:
    jwc6160 said:
    OP...There will be plenty of 10C tickets allocated for the upper deck.  You basically have no chance of good seats through the 10C if you are not interested in the GA option.  Your best bet is to register for the verified thing, if you don't pull something you like, go buy on a scalper site that is not called Stubhub.  If you have never been to a PJ show and are flying out to Seattle, its  a big expense to sit a mile away from the band.  I'd over-pay and upgrade to the field if you are in a position to do so.
    Ok, I will have to think about it. Again, I will pay up, to a reasonable amount anyway. My issue is that stub hub has already said they weren't selling and there will basically be no 10c tickets on the market. At least doubles anyway. If 10c gets most of the best seats, what will be left for TM? The secondary market, if there is one, will be odd. I'm not sure which route I will take. I am thinking of keeping my name in the 10c drawing and also purchasing through TM if I can. Unless I get lucky, I will probably have to eat a ticket or two, but again, I don't want to fly to Seattle and be a mile away from the stage if I can help it. 

TM still gets there hands on decent seats. plus all the corporate blocks that are resold, season tix holders will resell, etc. Prices will be ridonkulous, but good seats will be for sale when the dust settles.
    thanks. I will have to decide. The wife is going to kill me when I end up eating $200 worth of 10c tickets and then spend $400 for better seats. Not a Stubhub fan, but I can't imagine the other sites that will have tickets will be any better.
    You won't have to eat anything. Last Fenway show, I had 10C tix and I purchased tickets. I found a couple who wanted seats, and I told them that I would sell my seats at face value, however, they would need to wait until I picked up tix and I would keep the best seats. It worked out great- they were an awesome couple who got to go, and I recouped my $.
  • Options
    mrk2mrk2 Finland Posts: 2,029
    You cant do that anymore
    225xxx - 6/28/00, 10/20/01, 10/22/01, 9/11/06, 9/22/06, 9/23/06, 6/18/07, 6/26/07, 8/15/09, 6/25/10, 6/30/10, 7/4/12, 7/5/12, 7/7/12, 7/10/12, 6/26/14, 6/28/14, 7/3/18, 7/5/18
  • Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,227
    Apparently, you may be able to sell one extra 10c ticket, not the pair.
  • Options
    I like the new ticketing system. I have been seeing PJ shows since Waterloo 1992. Wish I had known about 10 club all these years. Signed my wife up as a gift a few years back ( high 400k number) but have been shut out of all shows we have tried to win except Boston 2 in 2016. I figured out from forum that alot of people have several accounts and enter several times which kinda sucks (so of course I joined for a second account too)
    That said I think its good that this will give more members an opportunity to get tickets without having to pay out the ass in secondary market.
    Sorry you aren't able to hoard or "resell at cost" your extra tickets to help fund the trip.

• Options
    JvollmanJvollman Posts: 129
    Ok...  this is probably a rhetorical question..  as I know the answer and a lot depends on odds/demand. But I’m a bit hopeful with new rules and thinking people won’t gobble up as many tickets as possible since you can’t really sell them. Or at least much more difficult.... anyway, maybe I’m just hoping someone tells me “yeah, you’re a lock for GA for both shows........”. Anyway, here’s my issue. From what 10c has said, it sounds like if I do

1-WRIGLEY 1 RES
    2-WRIGLEY 2 RES 

I’ll most likely get tickets to both.  BUT, I rejoined 10c Jan 20. So I’m very bottom of barrel and I’d get worst 10c RES seat allotment. But..  I’d be at both shows. So...  how good are odds on getting GA with 1st pick.. 30%??  Less?  Does it ever drop to 2nd priority??  I really want GA one night, but go to both so was thinking:

1- WRIGLEY 2 GA
    2- WRIGLEY 1 RES
    3- WRIGLEY 2 RES
    4- WRIGLEY 1 GA (never get this far)

ThiS way have a shot at GA one night (Monday, as I assume odds will be better) and then Hope RES goes through 2nd priority. And if I miss GA with 1st pick, hope Wrigley 2 RES goes to 3rd priority. 

Thoughts?  I mean I guess I know the answer, but just want to hear from others. 

First - Chicago, Illinois (March 10, 1994) *
    In Between - Chicago (9), East Troy (4) Champaign (1), Noblesville (1), Moline (1)
    Last - Wrigley (August 20, 2016)
  • Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,227
    I like the new ticketing system. I have been seeing PJ shows since Waterloo 1992. Wish I had known about 10 club all these years. Signed my wife up as a gift a few years back ( high 400k number) but have been shut out of all shows we have tried to win except Boston 2 in 2016. I figured out from forum that alot of people have several accounts and enter several times which kinda sucks (so of course I joined for a second account too)
    That said I think its good that this will give more members an opportunity to get tickets without having to pay out the ass in secondary market.
    Sorry you aren't able to hoard or "resell at cost" your extra tickets to help fund the trip.

I hope you are correct that there will be less hoarding.

I have thought for decades the 10c ticketing system, with it's myriad of rules and policies, is no better than TM. It literally made resale prices much worse. For the longest time I put off joining because of the blind purchase policy.  Let's hope the new rules create an improvement.

• Options
    3days3days Posts: 1,152
    Jvollman said:
    Ok...  this is probably a rhetorical question..  as I know the answer and a lot depends on odds/demand. But I’m a bit hopeful with new rules and thinking people won’t gobble up as many tickets as possible since you can’t really sell them. Or at least much more difficult.... anyway, maybe I’m just hoping someone tells me “yeah, you’re a lock for GA for both shows........”. Anyway, here’s my issue. From what 10c has said, it sounds like if I do

1-WRIGLEY 1 RES
    2-WRIGLEY 2 RES 

I’ll most likely get tickets to both.  BUT, I rejoined 10c Jan 20. So I’m very bottom of barrel and I’d get worst 10c RES seat allotment. But..  I’d be at both shows. So...  how good are odds on getting GA with 1st pick.. 30%??  Less?  Does it ever drop to 2nd priority??  I really want GA one night, but go to both so was thinking:

1- WRIGLEY 2 GA
    2- WRIGLEY 1 RES
    3- WRIGLEY 2 RES

ThiS way have a shot at GA one night (Monday, as I assume odds will be better) and then Hope RES goes through 2nd priority. And if I miss GA with 1st pick, hope Wrigley 2 RES goes to 3rd priority. 

Last time with less shows (slimmer odds), some people got GA both nights at Wrigley.

This time, 10c is saying they think they'll be able to honor most, if not ALL, ticket requests, due to a larger ticket allotment. 

I think with all the people trying for multiple cities, huge GA pits, and larger fanclub allotments, you would be nuts not to try for what you wanted. My opinion, based on what you're saying is that you should pick:

1. Wrigley 1 GA
    2. Wrigley 2 GA
    3. Wrigley 1 reserved
    4. Wrigley 2 reserved

If 10c believes that it can get most or all fans into the shows they want, reserved should still be available with 3rd and 4th picks, if your GA picks don't pan out. 

I'd also consider that lots of folks will be using their first picks on Seattle, Missoula, and Boston, which should give you better odds for Wrigley.
  • Options
    jwc6160 said:
    Jbarker said:
    jwc6160 said:
    OP...There will be plenty of 10C tickets allocated for the upper deck.  You basically have no chance of good seats through the 10C if you are not interested in the GA option.  Your best bet is to register for the verified thing, if you don't pull something you like, go buy on a scalper site that is not called Stubhub.  If you have never been to a PJ show and are flying out to Seattle, its  a big expense to sit a mile away from the band.  I'd over-pay and upgrade to the field if you are in a position to do so.
    Ok, I will have to think about it. Again, I will pay up, to a reasonable amount anyway. My issue is that stub hub has already said they weren't selling and there will basically be no 10c tickets on the market. At least doubles anyway. If 10c gets most of the best seats, what will be left for TM? The secondary market, if there is one, will be odd. I'm not sure which route I will take. I am thinking of keeping my name in the 10c drawing and also purchasing through TM if I can. Unless I get lucky, I will probably have to eat a ticket or two, but again, I don't want to fly to Seattle and be a mile away from the stage if I can help it. 

TM still gets there hands on decent seats. plus all the corporate blocks that are resold, season tix holders will resell, etc. Prices will be ridonkulous, but good seats will be for sale when the dust settles.
    thanks. I will have to decide. The wife is going to kill me when I end up eating $200 worth of 10c tickets and then spend $400 for better seats. Not a Stubhub fan, but I can't imagine the other sites that will have tickets will be any better.
    You won't have to eat anything. Last Fenway show, I had 10C tix and I purchased tickets. I found a couple who wanted seats, and I told them that I would sell my seats at face value, however, they would need to wait until I picked up tix and I would keep the best seats. It worked out great- they were an awesome couple who got to go, and I recouped my $.
    They have changed this, with the electronic tickets, you can only transfer 1 of the 2 tickets to another person. The other is not able to be transferred.
  • Options
    jdopjjdopj Posts: 652
    3days said:
    Jvollman said:

1-WRIGLEY 1 RES
    2-WRIGLEY 2 RES 

1- WRIGLEY 2 GA
    2- WRIGLEY 1 RES
    3- WRIGLEY 2 RES

Last time with less shows (slimmer odds), some people got GA both nights at Wrigley.

This time, 10c is saying they think they'll be able to honor most, if not ALL, ticket requests, due to a larger ticket allotment. 

I think with all the people trying for multiple cities, huge GA pits, and larger fanclub allotments, you would be nuts not to try for what you wanted. My opinion, based on what you're saying is that you should pick:

1. Wrigley 1 GA
    2. Wrigley 2 GA
    3. Wrigley 1 reserved
    4. Wrigley 2 reserved

If 10c believes that it can get most or all fans into the shows they want, reserved should still be available with 3rd and 4th picks, if your GA picks don't pan out. 

I'd also consider that lots of folks will be using their first picks on Seattle, Missoula, and Boston, which should give you better odds for Wrigley.
    10c has more tickets but the GA pit is not bigger. They have more reserved seats
  • Options
    buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    jdopj said:
    3days said:
    Jvollman said:

1-WRIGLEY 1 RES
    2-WRIGLEY 2 RES 

1- WRIGLEY 2 GA
    2- WRIGLEY 1 RES
    3- WRIGLEY 2 RES

1. Wrigley 1 GA
    2. Wrigley 2 GA
    3. Wrigley 1 reserved
    4. Wrigley 2 reserved

10c has more tickets but the GA pit is not bigger. They have more reserved seats
    right - spike in demand - and same amount of tickets = tougher to get
  • Options
    jmug23jmug23 Posts: 778
    jdopj said:
    3days said:
    Jvollman said:

1-WRIGLEY 1 RES
    2-WRIGLEY 2 RES 

1- WRIGLEY 2 GA
    2- WRIGLEY 1 RES
    3- WRIGLEY 2 RES

1. Wrigley 1 GA
    2. Wrigley 2 GA
    3. Wrigley 1 reserved
    4. Wrigley 2 reserved

This is what I’m thinking as well. They may make Ga a little bigger but it will never be big enough to keep up with demand. I think the accrued a lot more reserve seats but I think people are going to be disappointed when they miss out on Ga with their second and third picks. 
  • Options
    jdopjjdopj Posts: 652
    jmug23 said:
    jdopj said:
    3days said:
    Jvollman said:

1-WRIGLEY 1 RES
    2-WRIGLEY 2 RES 

1- WRIGLEY 2 GA
    2- WRIGLEY 1 RES
    3- WRIGLEY 2 RES

1. Wrigley 1 GA
    2. Wrigley 2 GA
    3. Wrigley 1 reserved
    4. Wrigley 2 reserved

This is what I’m thinking as well. They may make Ga a little bigger but it will never be big enough to keep up with demand. I think the accrued a lot more reserve seats but I think people are going to be disappointed when they miss out on Ga with their second and third picks. 
    It says it in the description that they have more tickets but be aware that some will be scattered further back. Or something like that. I think you will get reserved with 3-4 picks for Wrigley but the odds will be similar to 2016 for GA
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,639
    Wanted to throw my scenario in the mix and get feedback if possible. I plan on going to Safeco 2 and Wrigley 2. For Safeco, I just want to be in the building. For Wrigley 2, would love GA but, again, still want to be in attendance. So, with that, I plan on the following:

1) Wrigley 2 - GA
    2) Safeco 1 - Reserved
    3) Wrigley 2 - Reserved

I think I'm set with this order...but would hate to miss out on Wrigley 2 altogether since reserved is my 3rd choice. Just trying to cover all of my bases, so to speak.
    You will end up with no tickets 
    We'll have to wait on the odds, but the 10C said they thought they could accommodate almost all requests so I think the reserved seating will last a little longer.
  • Options
    MickeyMouseMickeyMouse Posts: 1,053
    Wanted to throw my scenario in the mix and get feedback if possible. I plan on going to Safeco 2 and Wrigley 2. For Safeco, I just want to be in the building. For Wrigley 2, would love GA but, again, still want to be in attendance. So, with that, I plan on the following:

1) Wrigley 2 - GA
    2) Safeco 1 - Reserved
    3) Wrigley 2 - Reserved

I think I'm set with this order...but would hate to miss out on Wrigley 2 altogether since reserved is my 3rd choice. Just trying to cover all of my bases, so to speak.
    You will end up with no tickets 
    We'll have to wait on the odds, but the 10C said they thought they could accommodate almost all requests so I think the reserved seating will last a little longer.

I’m interested to see how true this is and where the extra tickets are being allocated (more lower or the first few rows of every upper section). I think especially for Fenway, there’s going to be a lot more ticket requests than 2016 because these are their first and only east coast shows since 2016.  So between new members since those dates and all the people who passed on Fenway back then because they hit Philly or NYC or another east coast date, it’ll be interesting IMO.
    Uniondale, NY 04/30/03 - Camden, NJ 07/05/03 - MSG 07/08/03 - Reading, PA 10/01/04 - Philly 10/03/05 - Ed Sullivan Theatre 05/04/06 - MSG 06/25/08 - MSG 05/21/10 - NYC (EV solo) 06/21/11 - Montreal 09/07/11 - Brooklyn 10/18/13 - Central Park 09/26/15 - Philly 04/29/16 - MSG 05/01/16 - MSG 05/02/16 - Fenway 08/05/16 - Fenway 09/02/18 - Fenway 09/04/18 
  • Options
    Can someone please tell me when the ticket request period opens?

People are talking in this thread as if it already is?
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    amethgr8amethgr8 Posts: 766
    Feb 7th through the 13th
    Amy The Great #74594
    New Orleans LA 7/4/95 reschedule 9/17/95
    Chicago IL 1998, 10/9/00, 06/18/03, 05/16/06, 05/17/06
    08/23/09, 08/24/09, Lolla 08/05/07
    Champaign IL 4/23/03
    Grand Rapids MI VFC 10/03/04
    Grand Rapids MI 19May06
    Noblesville IN 05/07/10 Cleveland OH 05/09/10
    PJ 20 2011
    Baltimore MD, Charlottesville VA, Seattle WA 2013
    St. Louis MO, Milwaukee WI 2014
    Tampa FL, Chicago IL, Lexington KY 2016
    Missoula MT 2018
  • Options
    mrk2mrk2 Finland Posts: 2,029
    Everything you need to know is clearly stated at

https://pearljam.com/ten-club/event/pearl-jam-home-and-away-ticket-pre-sale

Read the whole page, and then read it again. Applies to everyone, not just you ;)
    225xxx - 6/28/00, 10/20/01, 10/22/01, 9/11/06, 9/22/06, 9/23/06, 6/18/07, 6/26/07, 8/15/09, 6/25/10, 6/30/10, 7/4/12, 7/5/12, 7/7/12, 7/10/12, 6/26/14, 6/28/14, 7/3/18, 7/5/18
  • Options
    Rock on!

I read once. I was going to read twice, but it was my silent protest against mrk2's sassiness lol.
  • Options
    SaravaSarava Naperville, IL Posts: 2,012
    3days said:
    3days said:
    I disagree with the people saying not to try for more than 1 GA for the following reasons.

1) The GA pit in Seattle looks HUGE based on the seating chart. It looks bigger than the Wrigley pit in 2016. I haven't seen a Wrigley '18 chart, so it's possible that this year's Wrigley pit has grown in size. Montana has a big GA pit also. Larger GA = better odds.

2) 10c believes that it will be able to fulfill most if not all ticket requests due to a larger ticket allotment. That means it probably won't matter much if fallback reserved tickets are your first or eighth prioritized picks, 10c says you should still get fanclub tickets into the show.

3) The 2016 stadium lottery only had 4 shows to pick from, while this year has 7. This will thin the herd somewhat, and give better odds for GA tickets.

4) In 2016, with only 4 shows in the stadium lottery, and less tickets available, people were still pulling Wrigley reserved with their 3rd and 4th prioritied picks. 

5) In 2016, with only 2 GA shows in the stadium lottery, some people won GA with both of their first 2 picks.  

6) Plenty of people will not pick GA at all due to preference, height concerns, physical limitations, etc. This also increases your GA odds.
    Some valid points here. No one will really know until the odds come out. There are also a lot of people out there with super low #s that would prefer a seat knowing that it will be good and the chance of getting reserved seats are much higher this year than last.
    The only odds to really pay attention to are the reserved odds, and those aren't even accurate. They aren't accurate because lots of people put in for GA and reserved for the same show. Once you win one, you can't win the other. Therefore, reserved odds go up dramatically, due to the all the scrubbed names who already won the show via GA tickets. 

The way to use reserved odds is just to gauge general interest in a show. For example, Seattle 2 could have lower odds than Seattle 1. So, Seattle 2 would be more popular, and should be prioritized before Seattle 1 when making picks.
    A lot of people will take reserved with 3rd-5th choices as backups. So those numbers as as fubar as any of them. The truest numbers are probably GA for the hot weekend date shows (Wrigley 1, Seattle 2, etc.). When they show around 10 percent in the lottery, that's probably not far off from what it really is.
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 28,040
    Rock on!

I read once. I was going to read twice, but it was my silent protest against mrk2's sassiness lol.
    Which shows are you trying for?
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,590

Ten Club Pre-sale: A special ticket pre-sale drawing for all show dates starts February 7th at 10am PT and ends February 12th at 10am PT
  • Options
    Still following this thread and waiting anxiously for the lottery this week. I am learning alot so thankful for all the posts. One question I now have as this is my first lottery...i am only able to make it to wrigley 1 IF I were to get tickets that is.  This would be my first pj concert ever so would love to be in GA but don't want to mess up and get nothing  by making wrong choices. Looks like there are 4 choices? Since I can only attend the 1 show i had planned on doing ga 1 and reserved 2 for wrigley 1. But what about the other 2 choices? Should I do 1 and 2 ga and 3 and 4 reserved? Sorry if it's stupid just still trying to understand. Thank you!
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,046
    Still following this thread and waiting anxiously for the lottery this week. I am learning alot so thankful for all the posts. One question I now have as this is my first lottery...i am only able to make it to wrigley 1 IF I were to get tickets that is.  This would be my first pj concert ever so would love to be in GA but don't want to mess up and get nothing  by making wrong choices. Looks like there are 4 choices? Since I can only attend the 1 show i had planned on doing ga 1 and reserved 2 for wrigley 1. But what about the other 2 choices? Should I do 1 and 2 ga and 3 and 4 reserved? Sorry if it's stupid just still trying to understand. Thank you!
    There are 4 choices for 2 shows at Wrigley. You only have 2 options since you are going to 1 show. GA and reserved. Put GA as pick 1 and reserved as pick 2 and you should be guaranteed your reserved unless the odds do some incredible drops.

Unless they do as they did in 2013 which I doubt they will do. They had more than 1 reserved option for further back seats. 
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    Rock on!

Seattle and maybe Missoula.
  • Options

Ten Club Pre-sale: A special ticket pre-sale drawing for all show dates starts February 7th at 10am PT and ends February 12th at 10am PT

Cheers!
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,567
    My strategy is to make my choices at the last minute so when they start picking numbers my ping pong ball will be at the top. 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    Rock on!

Seattle and maybe Missoula.
    Sweet bud!  I wish I could make Missoula but the airfare is killer. 
  • Options
    on2legs said:
    My strategy is to make my choices at the last minute so when they start picking numbers my ping pong ball will be at the top. 
    You doing both Fenway’s again?  Same hotel abs in 2016?