Options

Ticket Strategy

Comments

• Options
    riley540riley540 Denver Colorado Posts: 1,128
    I have a 500s 10c number. I’m planning on shooting for reserved seats for the second night of Seattle. I’m fine in the 100s and 200s levels. Do you think my number would land me up in the 300s? I appreciate input. Thanks! 
  • Options
    D-RodD-Rod Hamilton, Ontario Posts: 1,804
    riley540 said:
    I have a 500s 10c number. I’m planning on shooting for reserved seats for the second night of Seattle. I’m fine in the 100s and 200s levels. Do you think my number would land me up in the 300s? I appreciate input. Thanks! 
    That’s a tough one cuz it’s the Friday night show.  My membership is 46x xxx and I’m wondering the same thing. 
    1996.....Toronto
    2005.....Hamilton
    2011.....Toronto N1, Toronto N2, Hamilton
    2013.....London, Buffalo
    2014.....Detroit
    2016.....Toronto N1 Toronto N2, Boston  N1, Boston N2, Chicago N1
    2018.....Seattle N1, Seattle N2
    2022.....San Diego, Los Angeles N1, Los Angeles N2, Phoenix, Oakland N1, Oakland N2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto  
    2023.....Fort Worth N1, Fort Worth N2, Austin N1, Austin N2
    2024.....???? 
  • Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,140
    It appears the lottery rows (1,2,9,10) are not happening this year?
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,812
    They are. It is hidden somewheres in the notes. Someone brought it up earlier. I am sure during the Lotto it will be more clear. 
  • Options
    smaksmak Posts: 226
    Mr. Fixer said:
    Well, if this is really the GA for Pearl Jam at Safeco as it shows on Ticketmaster, I would say your chances of getting GA is a lot better than in the past.

Seat Map
    So the very very best reserved are usually what. L or 149-150??  
  • Options
    smak said:
    Mr. Fixer said:
    Well, if this is really the GA for Pearl Jam at Safeco as it shows on Ticketmaster, I would say your chances of getting GA is a lot better than in the past.

Seat Map
    Field would go to the best 10 club numbers.
  • Options
    PJNB said:
    smak said:
    Mr. Fixer said:

Seat Map
    Not always. I was on the field in 2016 with my tickets.com tickets.
  • Options
    PJNB said:
    They are. It is hidden somewheres in the notes. Someone brought it up earlier. I am sure during the Lotto it will be more clear. 

I missed that thanks! Have they ever posted odds for lottery rows?
  • Options
    ST66483ST66483 Posts: 696
    edited January 2018
    Odds are generally just broken up by show and then by GA and reserved seating.
  • Options
    Thanks. If reserved has multiple price ranges per show, their odds  would be lumped together?
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,905
    Waiting for this lottery to start is torture!
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    PJNB said:
    smak said:
    Mr. Fixer said:

Seat Map
    Not always. I was on the field in 2016 with my tickets.com tickets.
    Sorry I was not more clear. If we are comparing 10 club seats the lowest numbers will be on the field starting with section L while the higher numbers fill the stands. Yes you can get on the field without 10 club.
  • Options
    bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,931
    mcgruff10 said:
    It sure is! 2 weeks is like an eternity
  • Options
    bbiggs said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    It sure is! 2 weeks is like an eternity
    And then the day comes and we wait again for another 5 after taking 30 seconds to put our picks in. :lol:
    At least we can refresh the odds page a hundred times an hour hoping that 99% doesn't break. 
  • Options
    rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 between a rock and a dumb place Posts: 12,632
    Does anyone who has used TM Verified Fan know if you’re on the hook to use one of your tickets for yourself? I’m cool with the lotto mandating that (if I get tickets that way I’ll be using my ticket), but could I purchase tickets through TM also and sell all of them to friends if necessary? I thought I heard that with U2 you had to have purchaser information to show (credit card) to get in, but I might be mistaken... Am I just overthinking this whole thing??!
    For the Joshua Tree tour last year that was not Verified Fan, entry was credit card holder.  But for this year's tour, which is Verified Fan, I got all the tickets in the mail.  So we will have to see what the PJ verified fan situation is.
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,230
    Wow that GA pit for Seattle is huge.  I wonder how many people they'll stuff it in? I remember Wrigley was pretty dense, but that was mostly due to it's width.    It was superwide, so the viewing angles weren't great on the sides, so everyone kind of gathered in the middle.   Not like cattle or anything, but far denser than the pit's at arena shows.   Still, I like the better odds of getting GA.
  • Options
    CantKeepmedownCantKeepmedown Portland, Maine Posts: 2,924
    For the verified tickets, if you don't like what you get, can you put them back and look for more? Or do you have to do the process all over again? Obviously you take the risk of losing it all, but I was just curious about that.
  • Options
    BSullyBSully Indiana Posts: 1,046
    I have had both kinds of seats through the 10C. I was row 20 on the floor for Cincy in 2006 and those were fantastic seats. But at the outdoor venue in Indianapolis, I was damn near in the lawn with fan club tickets...you never know.
    1998: Noblesville, IN 08-17
    2000: Noblesville, IN 08-18
    2003: Noblesville, IN 06-22
    2006: Cincinnati, OH 06-24
    2010: Noblesville, IN 05-07
    2016: Lexington, KY 04-26, Wrigley Field 2 08-22
    2018: Wrigley Field 1 08-18, Wrigley Field 2 08-20
    2022: St. Louis, MO 09-18
    2024: Noblesville, IN 08-26, Wrigley Field 1 08-29, Wrigley Field 2 08-31
  • Options
    mrk2mrk2 Finland Posts: 2,026
    edited January 2018
    Another perspective of the Seattle GA area. Although seats here, but should give an idea:

The seating chart here had the same size sections from H to P, everything in front of those is GA for PJ
    http://www.seatingcharts.com/Chart/Safeco Field/Paul McCartney 2013/876e2b7b-37c3-44f2-8afe-49d0a43219ae

225xxx - 6/28/00, 10/20/01, 10/22/01, 9/11/06, 9/22/06, 9/23/06, 6/18/07, 6/26/07, 8/15/09, 6/25/10, 6/30/10, 7/4/12, 7/5/12, 7/7/12, 7/10/12, 6/26/14, 6/28/14, 7/3/18, 7/5/18
  • Options
    For the verified tickets, if you don't like what you get, can you put them back and look for more? Or do you have to do the process all over again? Obviously you take the risk of losing it all, but I was just curious about that.
    yes you can dump them back in and try again and again until u find something u like and if u don't just wait for the tm general on sale
  • Options
    ReleaseMeReleaseMe Mississauga, Ontario Posts: 745
    The verified fan registration ends before the drawing for 10C, does anyone know whether the Verified Fan code is subject to the chosen cities we selected?  For example, if I choose Boston as my priority - will the code only work for the shows in Boston?

The reason I ask... if somehow I manage to obtain tickets for Boston via the 10C... can I then use the Verified Fan code for the shows in Seattle or Chicago...
    2000 - Toronto
    2003 - Toronto
    2005 - Toronto
    2006 - Toronto I, Toronto II
    2009 - Toronto
    2011 - Hamilton
    2013 - Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2016 - Fort Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto I, Toronto II, Wrigley I, Wrigley II
    2018 - Seattle I, Seattle II, Fenway I, Fenway II
    2020 - Toronto, Hamilton
    2022 - Las Vegas, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - St. Paul I, St. Paul II
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    ReleaseMe said:
    The verified fan registration ends before the drawing for 10C, does anyone know whether the Verified Fan code is subject to the chosen cities we selected?  For example, if I choose Boston as my priority - will the code only work for the shows in Boston?

The reason I ask... if somehow I manage to obtain tickets for Boston via the 10C... can I then use the Verified Fan code for the shows in Seattle or Chicago...
    Talking to others that have done verified code before have had both experiences where the code is tied to your city of choice as well as 1 code for where ever you want to go. There is a reason why they are asking for our picks though. That said the way I am doing it is I am doing the opposite priority as I am with my 10 club choices. 

10 club picks 
    Chicago
    Boston
    Seattle

Verified Fan
    Seattle 
    Boston
    Chicago
  • Options
    I'm new to the Lottery, when it starts and will I be able to set a priority for Reserved and GA? So if I don't get selected for the reserved I would still have a chance for GA tickets.
  • Options
    I'm new to the Lottery, when it starts and will I be able to set a priority for Reserved and GA? So if I don't get selected for the reserved I would still have a chance for GA tickets.
    Usually GA is drawn first and is a lot harder to get unless you are in Europe. If you want GA put it first as you are highly unlikely to get is as a second or third choice. If you put reserved down as your first pick this lotto the way 10 club worded there instructions is they are going to be able to meet the demand of all entries. That means while your seat maybe far back you are pretty much guaranteed a ticket. 
  • Options
    Need a little advice: I live in Jersey, but plan to go to both Seattle shows and Fenway night 1. Thinking of doing GA for the Wed show and reserved seats for Friday Seattle and Sun Fenway. What order would you recommend to give me best shot of getting all 3?  Just curious and i appreciate any feedback. (My number is 476,XXX)
  • Options
    KC138045KC138045 Columbus, OH Posts: 2,715
    edited January 2018
    Need a little advice: I live in Jersey, but plan to go to both Seattle shows and Fenway night 1. Thinking of doing GA for the Wed show and reserved seats for Friday Seattle and Sun Fenway. What order would you recommend to give me best shot of getting all 3?  Just curious and i appreciate any feedback. (My number is 476,XXX)
    1. SEA #1 GA
    2. SEA #2 Reserved
    3. Fenway #1 Reserved(This may be a tough draw at #3 but so will Seattle Reserved at #3)

If you want a better shot at pulling both cities go Fenway with your 2nd pick and Seattle reserved as your 3rd.  If you don't get them all in the lottery hopefully you cna snag a pair in the Ticketmaster pre-sale.
    Post edited by KC138045 on
    Columbus-2000
    Columbus-2003
    Cincinnati-2006
    Columbus-2010
    Wrigley-2013
    Cincinnati-2014
    Lexington-2016
    Wrigley 1 & 2-2018
  • Options
    Thanks, that makes sense. Plus, i have to lock in Seattle since the travel plans are already set. Tks very much. 
  • Options
    Question.
    I joined 10Club just recently so I don't even know what my number is yet. I'm trying to get tickets for my hubby. He turns 40 soon and seeing PJ is on his bucket list. I'm following all the discussion on getting tickets just so I'm in the know a bit. I'm only 5'2" and my hubby is over 6 ft. I'm guessing he'd be fine with GA, but will I even be able to see anything? Since I'm doubtful I'd get any good reserved seats through 10C, should I just take my gamble with GA? 
    Not sure what the best option is for us. 
    Its a risk reward proposition. GA is the hardest to get. Lowest odds of winning. Highest odds of not getting a ticket. If you want the safer option with better odds of getting a ticket go for reserved. 
    Thanks for clarification, I'm wanting to go to both Wrigley Shows. So my priority should be
    1. Night 1 GA
    2. Night 2 GA
    3. Night 1 Reserved
    4. Night 2 Reserved
  • Options
    UseUrIllusionsUseUrIllusions Posts: 528
    edited January 2018
    Back of the pit for Wrigely was PACKED to the rail...and cramped...sides of the pit are only places with any room to move
    Yeah but the viewing even at the back was way better than anywhere else. In general GA is cramped, and shows in Seattle and Chicago will be cramped. If u don't want to be cramped then reserved should be your #1 choice.

This "new" ticketing system will not allow you to trade both your tickets, and so your kinda stuck with what you get. Choose wisely.
    Post edited by UseUrIllusions on
    "This melody, inside of me, still searches for a solution."
  • Options
    Back of the pit for Wrigely was PACKED to the rail...and cramped...sides of the pit are only places with any room to move
    Yeah but the viewing even at the back was way better than anywhere else. In general GA is cramped, and shows in Seattle and Chicago will be cramped. If u don't want to be cramped then reserved should be your #1 choice.

This "new" ticketing system will not allow you to trade both your tickets, and so your kinda stuck with what you get. Choose wisely.
    I stood about 3/4 of the way back on Mike's side at Wrigley. Never felt cramped at all. I think people oversell this. I had concerns about bathroom access and losing my spot. None were an issue at all. This isn't a 1991 mosh pit situation.