*** -- PROCESSING Your Philadelphia 76ers -- ***

Comments

• The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    Fultz back to full 5 on 5 in practice. I'd bet he's back for the Raptors game a week from today.

Weird couple of weeks here with only two day time games
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    Fultz debut in London?
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,711
    looking solid so far in london today/tonight against Boston :smile:
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
    looking solid so far in london today/tonight against Boston :smile:
    well for 2 and half quarters they looked good :whistle:
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • No CoderNo Coder Brisbane Posts: 1,126
    Nice hip and shoulder by Simmons on Morris!
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me

*BEC, Brisbane, March 1995
    *BEC, Brisbane, March 1998
    *BEC, Brisbane, November 2006
    *QSAC, Brisbane November 2009
    *EV Solo, QPAC, Brisbane March 10 and 12 2011
    *Big Day Out, Gold Coast, 19 Jan 2014
    *EV Solo, QPAC, Brisbane, 22,23 & 25 Feb 2014
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,400
    edited January 2018
    How's this shot looking?

Markelle Fultz three-point attempt. #sixers

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Another Fultz three <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Sixers?src=hash&amp;amp;ref_src=twsrc^tfw">#Sixers</a>. <a href="https://t.co/FkR23SJsQv">pic.twitter.com/FkR23SJsQv</a></p>&mdash; Derek Bodner (@DerekBodnerNBA) <a href="">January 14, 2018</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Post edited by cutz on
    edited January 2018
    Well, at least Brown isn't throwing out some BS 

https://www.thescore.com/nba/news/1467400

76ers' Brown suggests Fultz's shooting ability keeping him out, not injury

by Victoria Nguyen 6h ago
    Mitchell Leff / Getty Images Sport / Getty

Markelle Fultz has supposedly been healthy for weeks but still hasn't made his return to the court, so what gives?

Reporters got a good look at the Philadelphia 76ers guard's jumper on Sunday, and it doesn't look good.

Markelle Fultz’s shooting has trended closest to looking like this today. Take that for what you will. #Sixers

Fultz, 19, has missed all but four games this season while recovering from right shoulder soreness and scapular muscle imbalance. The Sixers announced on Dec. 9 the shoulder was no longer in pain, but their prized rookie would miss another three weeks.

It's been five weeks since then and Fultz remains on the shelf, so many are wondering what is still keeping him out of the lineup. On Sunday, head coach Brett Brown provided some insight.

"I think what he needs to be is able to shoot a basketball," Brown said, as quoted by PhillyVoice's Kyle Neubeck.

The former Washington star's shooting form has been a point of contention this season within the organization, with questions brewing over whether the shoulder injury directly compromised Fultz's mechanics or if he adjusted his form to work around it.

Either way, it hasn't improved. In fact, it looks worse.

"How would I assess where his shot is currently at? It's not where it used to be," Brown said. "It's not where it used to be. His free-throw I think is, but some of the longer shots and the rise-ups are not, and that's just part of him getting through this progressive adjustment, trying to figure out the injury going forward."

Brown added that while Fultz's health is getting better, he believes there's still occasional discomfort in the shoulder.

The 6-foot-4 guard averaged six points on just 33.3 percent shooting from the field and didn't attempt a 3-pointer over his four games for the 76ers, who sit 1.5 games behind the eighth seed.

Post edited by cutz on
    edited January 2018
    To me, the shoulder has always been an excuse for some kind of mental block. As much as I want the Sixers to be honest, I think his psyche might be fragile and they don't quite know how to handle this. I feel bad for the kid. Something's not right upstairs.
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Finally beat the Raptors
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,121
    My suggestion for a new shooting technique for Fulz ...

https://youtube.com/watch?v=_gEt3iNmLyw
    Jason P said:
    My suggestion for a new shooting technique for Fulz ...

https://youtube.com/watch?v=_gEt3iNmLyw
    You'd have to set 4 picks just to have enough time for that style.
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
    Is it me or is that a lot of picks?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    I read a rumor that fultz may have injured his shoulder doing BMX tricks.  Seriously.  Never know how much BS the sixers are spewing when it comes to injuries.  What a mess the fultz thing has become -- bring back hinkie!
    The Fixer said:
    I read a rumor that fultz may have injured his shoulder doing BMX tricks.  Seriously.  Never know how much BS the sixers are spewing when it comes to injuries.  What a mess the fultz thing has become -- bring back hinkie!
    Was he trying to eat Chikfila while BMXing?
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
    EMBEAST

Solid win last night. 4-1 against playoff teams in this stretch. 

Hopefully Redick doesn’t miss much more than a couple weeks
    chinese-happy.jpg
    just like the other philly teams playing well the past few weeks
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    They shit that Memphis game away.
    cutz said:
    They shit that Memphis game away.
    THAT'S a bad loss. Blowing a lead in London is disappointing but you don't expect to win that one. Last night should've been easy. 

Get well soon JJ
    chinese-happy.jpg
    least they're looking good against the bulls.  Simmons with a triple double in the 3rd quarter.  :clap:
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Ben last night:

A 19-point, 17-rebound, 14-assist game has now happened 23 times in NBA history. The other players who have done it? Larry Bird (2), Magic Johnson (2), Oscar Robertson (2), Westbrook (3), James Harden, Draymond Green, Steve Francis and Wilt Chamberlain (10).
    chinese-happy.jpg
    very nice win against the Spurs!  :clap:
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    very nice win against the Spurs!  :clap:

Maybe the win of the year? A couple games after a horrible loss to the Grizz. Nice come back. Really happy with the way this team is playing without JJ. Pretty surprising.

TLC making the most of JJ's injury. Shooting 56% from 3 and I feel like the defense is getting better too. Hopefully he eats into Bayless' minutes when he's back. Anderson too. Fuck Bayless.

chinese-happy.jpg
    Hard for the Sixers to compete v. teams that have 3 players that can put up 30 on any given night while we only have one that can come close to that.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
    JK_Livin said:
    Hard for the Sixers to compete v. teams that have 3 players that can put up 30 on any given night while we only have one that can come close to that.
    Just ran into a hot/real good OKC team.  Hopefully they bounce back against the Bucks tonight.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • You see the stare that Westbrook gave Embiid at the end of the game?

Westbrook is going to torch him next time they meet.  That will be fun to watch!
    You see the stare that Westbrook gave Embiid at the end of the game?

Westbrook is going to torch him next time they meet.  That will be fun to watch!
    Wish they played more than twice. The NBA needs more of that stuff.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer

When he was scurrying over to his locker room while Embiid was walking to mid court to shake hands with Westbrooks' teammates?
    Yeah, saw that. Real tough guy.
    chinese-happy.jpg

When he was scurrying over to his locker room while Embiid was walking to mid court to shake hands with Westbrooks' teammates?
    I didn't see that?  I did see him give a post game interview right by his bench so I never saw him scurry to the locker room?

I didn't see that?  I did see him give a post game interview right by his bench so I never saw him scurry to the locker room?

As soon as the clock expired, as everyone else was coming to mid court to shake hands, he turns and quickly walks back to his bench (thought he was headed to locker room) and then turns and continues to stare as he's walking away. Embiid is kind of laughing at him as he's being a good sport and shaking hands. Not a good look for Westbrook for sure.
    chinese-happy.jpg

As soon as the clock expired, as everyone else was coming to mid court to shake hands, he turns and quickly walks back to his bench (thought he was headed to locker room) and then turns and continues to stare as he's walking away. Embiid is kind of laughing at him as he's being a good sport and shaking hands. Not a good look for Westbrook for sure.
    He's been known to not shake hands before and I know he doesn't care for the sixers much, lol.

Westbrook doesn't run from much.  He's a different breed.  I don't think he'd fair very well one on one with embiid though.