Options

*** -- PROCESSING Your Philadelphia 76ers -- ***

Comments

• Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,338
    Yeah but it got even wider and they did away with the red piping around the sleeves in the following years. The one you got is a lot better than this:

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    RiotZactRiotZact Posts: 6,208
    edited May 2021
    Yeah I agree! The silk jerseys looked really nice on the court with a billion lights shining right on them. But I went to the Mitchell and Ness flagship store in Philly a couple of weeks ago, and they look like silk bed sheets with logos sewed on them in normal lighting. 
  • Options
    Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Philly Posts: 10,537
    The Iverson-era blue jerseys were pretty cool.

Don't sweat spending lots of cash on things - we all have our vices. That's why we work.

Yeah that there Sixers-Celtics rivalry was something else. Gotta respect that Boston fans were cheering for us to beat the Lakers.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13;
    Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18;
    Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Options
    Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,811
    Fans chanting....speaking of which, apparently Wiz fans were chanting "we want Philly" after their win to get the 8th seed. DC basketball is legit, but the actual team - and fans - are not. I want a sweep. So pumped for tonight. They have to stop with these deliberate tv programming schedules where teams wait two days between home games. ON WITH IT.
  • Options
    Fans chanting....speaking of which, apparently Wiz fans were chanting "we want Philly" after their win to get the 8th seed. DC basketball is legit, but the actual team - and fans - are not. I want a sweep. So pumped for tonight. They have to stop with these deliberate tv programming schedules where teams wait two days between home games. ON WITH IT.
    DC fans aren't the sharpest knives in the drawer.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13;
    Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18;

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Options
    How about Beal screaming “This is my house!” to fans at the WFC on Sunday? I’ve always liked him but he was definitely starting to rub me the wrong way with some of his antics. 

Note: the Wizards have not won a game in the WFC since 2016, almost 2,000 calendar days ago. I believe Bradley Beal was coming off the bench at this point in his career. Very bizarre.
  • Options
    Got a feeling we jump on them biiiig early tonight. Sixers are a great 1st quarter team. The Wiz....one of the worst. Now that the rust is off....LET'S GO!!!

Hoping Maxey continues getting meaningful minutes. What a fucking steal he was at 21. Hindsight's everything, but I'm really glad Morey didn't unload him at the deadline. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Haha, I saw somewhere saying he screamed that because technically it will be his house when he signs next year.

Ya know, I don't mind that stuff tho, sports need villains. I very much enjoyed his charge performance on Embiid.
  • Options
    Haha, I saw somewhere saying he screamed that because technically it will be his house when he signs next year.

Ya know, I don't mind that stuff tho, sports need villains. I very much enjoyed his charge performance on Embiid.
    I totally agree. That’s why I actually love Westbrook in a weird way. I’ve always been drawn to those types of players. When I was a kid 2 of my favorites were Alonzo Mourning and Reggie. Zo’s kidney situation made him be remembered in a different light, but he used to be one of the most hated guys in the league. 
  • Options
    Playoffs are more fun with some antics.

I love how the Eastern Conference is like - yeah a few other teams can play along with all these northeastern cities.

• Options
    Yeah, I hate to admit it but I liked a lot of the players on the early 90's Knicks for this reason. They were a team of scrappy shit talkers that soaked in the villain role. Was a big fan of guys like that - (not just Knicks) Xavier McDaniel, Starks, Oakley, Vernon Maxwell, Gary Payton, Rasheed Wallace, Rodman, LJ.
  • Options
    Yeah, I hate to admit it but I liked a lot of the players on the early 90's Knicks for this reason. They were a team of scrappy shit talkers that soaked in the villain role. Was a big fan of guys like that - (not just Knicks) Xavier McDaniel, Starks, Oakley, Vernon Maxwell, Gary Payton, Rasheed Wallace, Rodman, LJ.
    Late 90s Knicks too! Sprewell! The first year I starting watching basketball was the lockout season when I was 6/7 years old. Even though the Knicks eliminated my beloved Alonzo in round 1 (side note: the Knick/Heat rivalry is one of the more underrated in NBA history. They played each other in the playoffs 4 years in a row, and every single time the series went the full 5 or 7 games), at that age I didn’t hold grudges for very long, so I remember rooting hard for the severely outmatched Knicks in the finals. 
  • Options
    Not sure why I didn’t get tickets to tonight’s game. This will likely be the last home game that I miss. 

The Nets and Bucks both dominated their respective game twos after having close calls in their game ones. Hopefully the Sixers will follow suit tonight.
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,982
    They haven't haven't played since Sunday. Like Juggs said hopefully they aren't too rusty.
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    Oh yeah, and congrats to the LA Clippers for mathematically eliminating themselves from blowing a 3-1 lead. 
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,982
    Off to a great start! 😁
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,261
    Juggs, that was a waste of good popcorn!
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    Poncier said:
    Yeah fuck that guy. I hope they announce his lifetime ban ASAP. 
  • Options
    On a brighter note:

• Options
    Aggressive Ben Simmons is the key to everything. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    RiotZact said:
    Poncier said:
    Seriously.

Every time one idiot does this crap I think "Here comes Santa Claus..."

• Options
    edited May 2021
    RiotZact said:
    Poncier said:
    Seriously.

Every time one idiot does this crap I think "Here comes Santa Claus..."
    Yep. Last night the Knicks won their first home playoff game in a billion years or so, the Sixers and Jazz dominated, but this is the main storyline I keep noticing on the internet. I really hope that the average person sees that everyone in that section was pointing that fuck ball out to security, and that the crowd was actually cheering for Westbrook right before this. But it’s probably wishful thinking. 
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,605
    I mean, I am the first person in the entire world to call Philly fans scumbags, but why are people being so dramatic about popcorn?

• Options
    I mean, I am the first person in the entire world to call Philly fans scumbags, but why are people being so dramatic about popcorn?

Take a guess
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

Take a guess
    But it's Philly people being dramatic about it
  • Options
    edited May 2021

Take a guess
    It’s everyone. Lol. Lebron tweeted about it. I’d suspect this will end up right up there with cheering for Irvin’s injury, batteries thrown at Drew, and fucking Santa Claus. A few morons giving us a bad name, yet again. 

Meanwhile, dudes are getting assaulted at baseball games on a weekly basis yet this is what garners most of the attention. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2021

Take a guess
    It’s everyone. Lol. Lebron tweeted about it. I’d suspect this will end up right up there with cheering for Irvin’s injury, batteries thrown at Drew, and fucking Santa Claus. A few morons giving us a bad name, yet again. 

Meanwhile, dudes are getting assaulted at baseball games on a weekly basis yet this is what garners most of the attention. 
    I guess my point is that the ratio of Philly people getting butthurt vs. previous events seems off.  A guy puked on a toddler and people were like "Ahhh, wellll, you know, it happens". A guy dumps popcorn on a basketball player who goes nuts and it's "THROW HIM IN JAIL FOR LIFE"
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,667
    I admit to laughing when I saw this.  Russ should chill the fuck out.  People get spit on, I expect them to lose it.  You call someone's wife a See You Next Tuesday in the family section....freak out.
    Have popcorn dumped on you?  Go to the locker room and grab a towel.
    Toss the fan, sure, but not really something that should be a headline because the player flipped out.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options

Take a guess

I guess my point is that the ratio of Philly people getting butthurt vs. previous events seems off.  A guy puked on a toddler and people were like "Ahhh, wellll, you know, it happens". A guy dumps popcorn on a basketball player who goes nuts and it's "THROW HIM IN JAIL FOR LIFE"
    I mean, I completely disagree with the premise. Everyone I knew was disgusted at guy puking. 

So last night we had the popcorn thing as well as video evidence of an assault at the Astros/Dodgers game with the guys baby sitting nearby. The popcorn thing is bad, but the baseball thing was exponentially worse in my mind. Below are ESPN and The Athletic's top headlines right now:. 

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Cliffy they had a huge segment on it on Sportscenter this morning - at least they didn't talk about Santa Claus for once. It isn't us making a big deal out of it - although I think it was a disgusting abhorrent thing to do.

FFS we can't even enjoy resounding playoff victories because of one a**hole.