Options

*** -- PROCESSING Your Philadelphia 76ers -- ***

Comments

• Options
    DeamonDeamon Posts: 153
    RiotZact said:
    I'm just glad we avoided Miami. 

Would be quite a run to get the Celtics followed up by the Knicks. 
    Some people were saying that it was so cowardly to want to avoid the Heat, being that they are a 6 seed and don’t seem like a great team. But to me there is a difference between fearing losing the series vs. wanting the 2nd round series to be as easy as possible. Do I think the Sixers would lose a 7-game series to the Heat? No. Would I rather play the Knicks if given the choice? Fuck yeah. Ben Simmons has literally NEVER lost to the Knicks. Meanwhile the Heat give us fits regularly. Why not have the easiest path possible? Isn’t that why you strive for the 1 seed? 

How could we actually try to avoid the Heat though?  I don't get it.  The 1 seed was so so so important this year.  There was no trying to lose to not face the heat.

But yes, I don't want to play the Heat.
    1998: Vancouver 7/19
    2005: Calgary 9/4
    2009: Calgary 8/8, San Diego 10/9
    2011: Calgary 9/21, Edmonton 9/23, Vancouver 9/25
    2012: Missoula 9/30
    2013: Calgary 12/2
    2014: Amsterdam1 6/16, Amsterdam2 6/17, Trieste 6/22, Berlin 6/26
    2016: Ottawa 5/8, Toronto 5/10, Toronto2 5/12
    2019: Dusseldorf 6/30 (EV)
    2022: Sacramento 5/18
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,279
    1pm tomorrow. Let's Go!
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,878
    today's the day! :smiley:
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,779
    Comforting feeling from my ute that I haven't seen in 20 years - Sixers car door window flags. Let's go baby.
  • Options
    RiotZactRiotZact Posts: 6,206
    LET’S. FUCKING. GO.

• Options
    Uhhhh i think its amazing that the Wizards' jersey colors are the same as the refs.
  • Options
    A little rusty. Thank god for Toby. Need to be better 

Regardless—CLAP YOUR MOTHER FUCKING HANDS. 

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    A little rusty. Thank god for Toby. Need to be better 

Regardless—CLAP YOUR MOTHER FUCKING HANDS. 

you can say that again
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options
    Place was loooouud. 

• Options
    Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Philly Posts: 10,430
    That's awesome!

Perfect Game 1 - overcoming some adversity, a standout performance by our C-star, and the signature 3rd quarter run that elite teams are supposed to do.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13;
    WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16;
    Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; SeaHearNow Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Options
    Gotta say limiting the crowd size is curious. They have half the sections of the arena packed, and half of them just empty. What's the point of that?
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13;
    WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16;
    Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; SeaHearNow Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Options
    Gotta say limiting the crowd size is curious. They have half the sections of the arena packed, and half of them just empty. What's the point of that?
    Was thinking the same thing. That makes zero sense to me.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,225
    Was thinking the same thing. That makes zero sense to me.
    Yeah, I mean shouldn't they use all sections, but leave space between folks?
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    I honestly didn’t even notice it that much, but this isn’t the first I’ve heard about it so I’m sure it’s true.

To be honest, I think they don’t really give a fuck anymore now that it’s 50% and will likely be 100% soon. For the other games when it was 15-25% they were extremely strict about masks, constantly telling people to put them over their nose and such. But yesterday they were putting people on the Jumbotron that had them under their chin or not on at all. 

So if there’s some sort of strategic advantage to spacing people a certain way (I don’t know? acoustics of the building? People are louder and feed off of each other when they’re closer together?) then they probably said screw it and just did that. 
  • Options
    For the record, my girlfriend and I were right on the aisle and there was only 1 seat between us and the people to our left, and there were 2 people directly in front of and behind us. It definitely seemed like our section was more like 75% full. 
  • Options
    *Trigger warning for The Juggler* 

Based on some leaks it looks like the NBA will be doing jerseys for the 75th anniversary of the league next year that will be mashups of multiple designs throughout teams’ history. No leak of the Sixers design yet, but I will proceed with getting my hopes up only to likely be disappointed when it’s revealed. 

• Options
    RiotZact said:

Based on some leaks it looks like the NBA will be doing jerseys for the 75th anniversary of the league next year that will be mashups of multiple designs throughout teams’ history. No leak of the Sixers design yet, but I will proceed with getting my hopes up only to likely be disappointed when it’s revealed. 

I mean...some of these are kind of cool. I've seen worse. Why not just go completely old school for the 75th though? Pick out a team's most iconic jersey and just use that one. 

All I want is the 80's Sixers jerseys to come back. Simple, elegant, tough. Perfection. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    RiotZact said:

I mean...some of these are kind of cool. I've seen worse. Why not just go completely old school for the 75th though? Pick out a team's most iconic jersey and just use that one. 

All I want is the 80's Sixers jerseys to come back. Simple, elegant, tough. Perfection. 
    I kind of like some of them too. Notice the striping on the side of the Nets jersey as a nod to the ABA Nets jerseys. That’s a classy touch. Hawks ones are really nice too.

Sixers jerseys throughout the years are weird to me, because they are almost all really good, but none of them are stone cold classics in my opinion. Iverson-era will always be my favorites, but that’s 100% due to nostalgia. I really like the white/blue 80s jerseys, but the away version in red would be so much better in blue in my opinion. I am a total sucker for blue though. The current blue jerseys very well might be my favorite Sixers jerseys ever if I wasn’t so biased towards the Iverson ones. 
  • Options
    RiotZact said:
    RiotZact said:

I kind of like some of them too. Notice the striping on the side of the Nets jersey as a nod to the ABA Nets jerseys. That’s a classy touch. Hawks ones are really nice too.

Sixers jerseys throughout the years are weird to me, because they are almost all really good, but none of them are stone cold classics in my opinion. Iverson-era will always be my favorites, but that’s 100% due to nostalgia. I really like the white/blue 80s jerseys, but the away version in red would be so much better in blue in my opinion. I am a total sucker for blue though. The current blue jerseys very well might be my favorite Sixers jerseys ever if I wasn’t so biased towards the Iverson ones. 
    The Sixers old blue ones were from the 70's. They were the home white and road red's in the 80's during Doc and Barkley's era. Maybe I am biased towards them but I think they're the best. I never liked the Iverson era ones for the same reason I hate the black Eagles jersey---black has never been one of their team colors! lol.....whenever teams went that route, it just wreaked of a 90's kind of gimmick to me. 

Yeah I like the Nets, Bulls and Mavs ones a little bit. For the Hawks, I wish they'd go for the 80's Dominque era. Nothing from that 90's Hawks era stands out to me at all. 

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    RiotZact said:
    RiotZact said:

The Sixers old blue ones were from the 70's. They were the home white and road red's in the 80's during Doc and Barkley's era. Maybe I am biased towards them but I think they're the best. I never liked the Iverson era ones for the same reason I hate the black Eagles jersey---black has never been one of their team colors! lol.....whenever teams went that route, it just wreaked of a 90's kind of gimmick to me. 

Yeah I like the Nets, Bulls and Mavs ones a little bit. For the Hawks, I wish they'd go for the 80's Dominque era. Nothing from that 90's Hawks era stands out to me at all. 

Miami's is horrible

8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options
    RiotZact said:
    RiotZact said:

Miami's is horrible

Almost as bad as that pink and blue monstrosity they wear occasionally this year. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    Never loved the black 76ers jerseys, although they definitely remind you of the 2000-01 team.

But come on, what's more iconic than this?

NBA History Sixers vs Celtics 1981 Game 7 Eastern Conference Finals -  YouTube

• Options
    What I really hate about kids these days is the idea that the late 90's/aughts Sixers unis have any business being revived. Just fucking brutal colors, jerseys, mascot, the whole deal. Only thing that saved it all was Iverson.
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,601
    What I really hate about kids these days is the idea that the late 90's/aughts Sixers unis have any business being revived. Just fucking brutal colors, jerseys, mascot, the whole deal. Only thing that saved it all was Iverson.
    The sixers Iverson shorts rule 
  • Options
    RiotZact said:
    RiotZact said:

Yes I know which ones you’re talking about, I’m just saying that I love the white home jerseys from the Erving/Barkley era, but I wish the red away ones were blue with white letters/numbers instead. That would probably make them the GOAT for me. It also kind of annoys me that the away ones are considered more iconic from that era. Dr. J went behind the backboard and rocked the baby in the white one, yet Mitchell and Ness keeps reproducing the red one. 

I actually have my first ever “authentic” jersey on the way from Mitchell and Ness right now. I have a few “swingman” jerseys which are usually in the $100 range. I don’t even want to say what I paid for this one, it still makes me sick. One thing in particular that I like about it is that it’s specifically from the 1999-00, which is the year that Wilt died, that’s what it has the black stripe on the shoulder. This is also the only year that they wore these jerseys, the blue ones in the years following were the silky material that they used starting the year of the Finals run. 

• Options
    It’s a polarizing design for sure. But with that being said, isn’t it always the players that wore the jerseys that make them iconic, even more so than the designs themselves? 

What are the 2 most iconic uniforms in NBA history? The standard Lakers and Celtics (🤢) uniforms. Is it just a coincidence that those 2 franchises have by far the most championships? Next most iconic after those? Jordan-era Bulls. Another coincidence? Whatever design Chicago threw on those would have went on to be legendary.

I idolized Iverson as a child and because of it those jerseys will always look amazing to my eyes. And I won’t rest until Joel Hans Embiid hoists a Finals trophy while wearing one goddammit!
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    I love the red's just as much as the white's from the 80's. Yeah, I could see a blue alternate of that uni, though. The red's gotta have a little maroon in it though. They've played in those a couple of times over the years and the red just didn't look the same to me.

Usually remember this stuff like the back of my hand but I don't remember them wearing blue in 2000. I was likely blacked out those nights though. Looks cool. You can tell it's 2000 not only because of the lack of shine but because the sleeves were not extra wide like in the following year.

Cool purchase!

But yeah, I wish they'd go old school and also go with an old school Spectrum style court. 

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,225

But come on, what's more iconic than this?

NBA History Sixers vs Celtics 1981 Game 7 Eastern Conference Finals -  YouTube
    This:

;) 

Yeah the Miami ones are awful. Pick one color for the lettering/number, maybe that orange on the first 2 and use a single font and its not bad, but the multi-colors and font suck.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    Usually remember this stuff like the back of my hand but I don't remember them wearing blue in 2000. I was likely blacked out those nights though. Looks cool. You can tell it's 2000 not only because of the lack of shine but because the sleeves were not extra wide like in the following year.
    So I actually had to do quite a bit of research to get the full story on this one. The weird thing is that if you look again it actually DOES have the wide shoulders. Even though the standard white/black ones from 97-00 did NOT have the wide shoulders. It’s almost like they used this blue alternate as an experiment for the wide shoulders the year before they switched to them, so it’s kind of a strange in-between overall design. 

The only pictures I can even find of them wearing these are from a Lakers game in March of 2000 and against the Mavs in this pic from an old SLAM magazine that I have. They must have only worn them a few times. 

Post edited by RiotZact on