PJ fans in 12 step Recovery

Comments

• mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,410
    just need to stay sober today, the rest takes care of itself.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • FifthelementFifthelement Lotusland Posts: 6,905

hedonist said:
    Ernie, I remember you talking about your first steps on this journey.  Congratulations.

And mickey, I am so so sorry.  She knows you loved her without limits as well.  They always get it.
    Almost at My year mark. Please God, help me make it. 
    Sending you positive vibes Ernie.  You got this!
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
  • Ernie VedderErnie Vedder Redlands, CA Posts: 2,221

1 year Sober. To God be the glory.

A54CDC74-AB63-4EC8-9B55-3658DDD136FC-13112-000005CA4B5AFE40_zps094ecfbc.jpg
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Keep it up, Ernie!  And a belated happy birthday - what a way to celebrate.
  • FifthelementFifthelement Lotusland Posts: 6,905
    Well done Ernie.  Congrats :)
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
    Well done Ernie.  Congrats :)
    Thank you 
    hedonist said:
    Keep it up, Ernie!  And a belated happy birthday - what a way to celebrate.
    Thank u
    oooh a fancy one.

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14

1 year Sober. To God be the glory.

nice touch on the avatar....

• lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 11,696
    Very well done total admiration here!
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
    One day at a time my friends. 
    I decided to start trying again
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
    I decided to start trying again
    one day at a time. thats it. just today. far easier to manage that way.

I haven't quit, just aint drinking today.

Excellent advice mickey. You are a good soul
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• ConorKavanaghConorKavanagh Ireland Posts: 1,148
    Hey brothers. I was directed here from the Who Are You? thread. Great to see there's so many people here in the same boat as myself. All love.
    Dublin 2006
    Dublin 2010
    Madrid 2018
    Werchter 2022
    London 1 2022
    London 2 2022
    Krakow 2022
    Im back again to give it another try
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• kce8kce8 Posts: 1,636
    Im back again to give it another try

Great! Have a good day. :smile:
    each day is its own success....

I wouldn’t trade my best drinking day for my worst sober...God Bless u all.
    Still going. Struggling a bit. With other shit though. Symptoms. 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,377
    Congrats, Mick.
    Well done indeed
      Still trying its been only a month roughly but its better
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

Well done indeed
      Still trying its been only a month roughly but its better
    good to hear.

a question was asked on another thread. felt it more appropriate to answer it here. gives others an opportunity to share their experience on the topic too.

Q. What do you do with your spare ti.e now that you're not drinking/drugging?

well at this point I dont have much spare time. I work nights driving a truck. up to 60 hrs a week. Sleep as much as I can during the week. limited time really left on the weekends for chores errands and spending time with my wife.

Did you work that amount since quitting?
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

Did you work that amount since quitting?
    4 of the first 6 yrs sober were 50ish the other2 were 40-45. those years I attended a lot of aa meetings in the evenings.

Since I have started driving 4 of those 6 years have been night driving. the other 2 were as a regional over the road driver. leave on monday, return on friday or saturday.

15 months sober. ODAAT
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    :clap:

Some say milestones aren't important, but I think if they promote memories of their start and motivate one to kick life's ass each day, then KUDOS!