Kaepernick

Comments

• brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,593
    Here are some great choices I would dig seeing:

Geronimo

Sitting Bull

Tecumseh

Just to name a few American heroes.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

Oh, and another bill you can't go wrong with!

African American/Native American money combined! Yeah, baby!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,171
    brianlux said:

Geronimo

Sitting Bull

Tecumseh

which dollar bill does Kaepernick get put on?
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    RYME said:
    Do you at least tell the cashiers why you break 20$ sometimes?
    No I don't tell the cashier's why unless they ask which happened twice and I did explain briefly and they looked at me all baffled..  And you have to be paying in $50s or $100s to get $20 change, so doesn't happen often.  Use plastic card all the time now anyway. I pretty much don't worry about it anymore.  So you are correct I was wasting my time with that.    I'm a weak protester I guess, I do/did it for my friends and the genocide that Andrew Jackson presided over.. I've answered your questions, now you answer mine. What public protests have you engaged in to spearhead change that resulted in big change?
    Bumper sticker politics?  Do you wear a t-shirt that says something on it? What what tell me what you do so I can learn from the best.
    It's funny, you started off today by saying it was the silliest most ineffective protest you could think of.
    Then I told you to take it up with the Native Americans who do that.  And then you spin it back about my inabilities.  I'm wasting my time with this.
    This Bud's for you.
    https://youtu.be/-c-pm_6kvyU

https://youtu.be/ur07OFbHs9c
    what you are not understanding is no one is judging anyone for not protesting. we're simply stating that you didn't protest when you claimed you did. so whether pj soul or any of us disagreeing with you have ever protested or not is irrelevant. no one is judging those that don't protest. just stating our opinion that your protest (which you admitted not long ago wasn't actually a protest, so not sure why you are still harping on this) isn't a protest since it won't affect change. 

stop internalizing everything. sheesh. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

pjhawks said:
    brianlux said:

Geronimo

Sitting Bull

Tecumseh

which dollar bill does Kaepernick get put on?
    Coming to a bank near you soon:

• Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,587
    I want all those bills. The mint better get to work. 
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473

With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    PJ_Soul said:

LOL. I actually had that! 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,587
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,195
    Didn't know where else to put this but found it interesting. Backwards thinking.

http://www.npr.org/2017/10/24/559604836/majority-of-white-americans-think-theyre-discriminated-against
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,587
    tbergs said:
    Didn't know where else to put this but found it interesting. Backwards thinking.

http://www.npr.org/2017/10/24/559604836/majority-of-white-americans-think-theyre-discriminated-against
    It’s essentially how trump got elected. A general statement of “I’m not racist but how much do minorities want?” Captures a lot of trump voters. The whites a victims myth. 
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,821
    The tide is turning. According to a recent survey, now slightly more Americans believe that the players are doing the right thing by protesting during the anthem, and that the organizations should not force them to stand 

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/amp.usatoday.com/story/804323001/

my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,821
    Funny how those who howl the loudest about respecting the anthem and the flag are totally fine when they are the ones "disrespecting" those symbols.

Tomi Lahren wears the american flag for Halloween.

https://www.salon.com/2017/10/30/tomi-lahren-courts-controversy-with-patriotic-halloween-costume-and-people-responded/

my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
    Funny how those who howl the loudest about respecting the anthem and the flag are totally fine when they are the ones "disrespecting" those symbols.

Tomi Lahren wears the american flag for Halloween.

https://www.salon.com/2017/10/30/tomi-lahren-courts-controversy-with-patriotic-halloween-costume-and-people-responded/

she's as stupid as they come. I've said it before and I'll say it again: if she didn't have a pretty face, she'd be nowhere on tv. she's pretty and courts controversy, exactly what that idiot network likes. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617
    edited October 2017
    welcome #patriots

what a great time to be alive!!!
    Post edited by JC29856 on
    I don't think it will happen, but nice to see it won't be censored if it does.

http://deadline.com/2018/01/super-bowl-lii-national-anthem-protests-nfl-players-kneeling-1202239236/
    tbergs said:

http://deadline.com/2018/01/super-bowl-lii-national-anthem-protests-nfl-players-kneeling-1202239236/
    Surprising that they said they would not block it out.

• BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,524
    Surprised no one has posted this yet.
    Thought it was well done....

• PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    brianlux said:
    tbergs said:

Surprising that they said they would not block it out.
    Maybe not. Blocking it would cause more controversy than not blocking it.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    This is interesting. The Take A Knee conference before the super bowl.

www.takeakneenation.com
  • RYMERYME Wisconsin Posts: 1,904
    I like #PleaseStand
    I like #ConstitutionalRights
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

I guess Kaepernick won't be playing in the XFL. McMahon says it will be in their rules to stand for the national anthem at their games. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

I like #ConstitutionalRights
    No one said #YouMustStandDammit!
    They said "please"

https://www.si.com/nfl/2018/01/23/nfl-please-stand-ad-rejected-veterans-group
  • OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,814
    There seems to be a misunderstanding as to who "made it political."  Was it the players, by kneeling or the league (and almost all leagues) by trotting this song out for every game in the first place?  I'll go with the latter.  If you're going to do that, then you have the choice of forcing patriotism or seeing people express themselves to the displeasure of snowflakes.  
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • CM189191CM189191 Minneapolis via Chicago Posts: 6,786
    OnWis97 said:
    There seems to be a misunderstanding as to who "made it political."  Was it the players, by kneeling or the league (and almost all leagues) by trotting this song out for every game in the first place?  I'll go with the latter.  If you're going to do that, then you have the choice of forcing patriotism or seeing people express themselves to the displeasure of snowflakes.  
    it wasn't forced patriotism, it was bought and paid for: DoD paid $53 million of taxpayers' money to pro sports for military tributes 
    WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
    edited January 2018
    OnWis97 said:
    I think there is a huge misunderstanding on the part of a lot of people as to what standing for the National Anthem/Flag is for.  Of course you don't have to if you don't want to.
    Nobody standing traditionally for the national anthem is standing in support of police brutality, or the mistreatment of any people.
    Standing is to honor the military men and women,  past & present.  To honor and remember those who gave all, sacrificed everything, those who lost limbs and or were paralyzed fighting for this country.  Their goal was to pass down a better place for their children and grandchildren.  Is America perfect?  No far from it.  It's an experiment and a work in progress.  But most people's dislike for the United States I believe is misguided.
    Unfortunately I believe that the United States of America is irrevocably Divided. 
    I believe that there are two entirely different Americans/Americas existing today.
    Those who value small government, Freedom, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happyness.
    And those who cherish Big government, and want the government to control & provide in every aspect of Our Lives. Everything from small things to big things.  From how much water your toilet can hold/flush, to limitless free stuff,,  redistribution of wealth.
    Those who love this country as founded, and those who despise this country.
    Post edited by RYME on
    I'm for #TakeaKneeStandWhateverWorksForYouJustDon'tGiveOthersShitAboutWhichOneTheyChooseToDo

• eddieceddiec Posts: 3,832
    RYME said:
    OnWis97 said:
    I think there is a huge misunderstanding on the part of a lot of people as to what standing for the National Anthem/Flag is for.  Of course you don't have to if you don't want to.
    Nobody standing traditionally for the national anthem is standing in support of police brutality, or the mistreatment of any people.
    Standing is to honor the military men and women,  past & present.  To honor and remember those who gave all, sacrificed everything, those who lost limbs and or were paralyzed fighting for this country.  Their goal was to pass down a better place for their children and grandchildren.  Is America perfect?  No far from it.  It's an experiment and a work in progress.  But most people's dislike for the United States I believe is misguided.
    Unfortunately I believe that the United States of America is irrevocably Divided. 
    I believe that there are two entirely different Americans/Americas existing today.
    Those who value small government, Freedom, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happyness.
    And those who cherish Big government, and want the government to control & provide in every aspect of Our Lives. Everything from small things to big things.  From how much water your toilet can hold/flush, to limitless free stuff,,  redistribution of wealth.
    Those who love this country as founded, and those who despise this country.
    If you honestly believe these statements then you are the reason for the divide in this country.