Kaepernick

1767778798082»

Comments

• F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commetsPosts: 18,032
    mrussel1 said:
    If W/L determine QBs worthy of starting about half of the league (more than that I think) don't deserve a job because they are losers.
    :smirk:
    Well which qb with a career record under .500 would you start a franchise with? Archie Manning? Eli?  How about Testeverde?  No thanks. 

Also, not for nothing, but his career record is 32-32.  He is not under .500.  (And he played on some awful teams.)
    I never called him the franchise QB to start a team with, though.  Those are few and far between.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 14,926
    So now the needle moved from having a job or being better than some slouches starting in the NFL to being a franchise QB?

This is part of the issue.  People keep saying different things disguised as something other than "I don't want to deal with race issues getting in the way of my other football issues, he isn't worth it despite being better than many qbs on rosters now."  (Which if it is the truth is OK, just say that.)

I already believe you agree with that.  People just keep coming back with other arguments, which I believe are BS.
    1. I do believe at this point the baggage Kap comes with is greater than his football value.  
    2. I was replying specifically to two key sub points
        A - He is better than Goff and Mayfield, who are considered franchise QB's
        B - that w/l is not the judge of a QB.  I believe it is.  I know you're not saying he's HOF, but how many HOF QB's have a losing record?  My      guess is zero, but I'd be interested if there were any that played in the modern era (in other words not rewarded for inventing the forward        pass).  The point is that wins are the mark of a great QB.  
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commetsPosts: 18,032
    Eli is gonna be HoF as a loser, as of last night.
    kaep is not below .500, he is .500
    (And he has some items that belong in the HoF with his record performances, but heck no he is not any way a HoF QB.)

The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 16,489
    mrussel1 said:
    So now the needle moved from having a job or being better than some slouches starting in the NFL to being a franchise QB?

This is part of the issue.  People keep saying different things disguised as something other than "I don't want to deal with race issues getting in the way of my other football issues, he isn't worth it despite being better than many qbs on rosters now."  (Which if it is the truth is OK, just say that.)

I already believe you agree with that.  People just keep coming back with other arguments, which I believe are BS.
    1. I do believe at this point the baggage Kap comes with is greater than his football value.  
        B - that w/l is not the judge of a QB.  I believe it is.  I know you're not saying he's HOF, but how many HOF QB's have a losing record?  My      guess is zero, but I'd be interested if there were any that played in the modern era (in other words not rewarded for inventing the forward        pass).  The point is that wins are the mark of a great QB.  
    I thought a SB win was the gold standard?

Marino being an or the exception....
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    Eli is gonna be HoF as a loser, as of last night.
    kaep is not below .500, he is .500
    (And he has some items that belong in the HoF with his record performances, but heck no he is not any way a HoF QB.)

I really don't think Eli is HOF.  Dilfer isn't HOF and neither is Flacco.  
    mickeyrat said:
    mrussel1 said:

I thought a SB win was the gold standard?

Marino being an or the exception....
    I agree it's the gold standard.  Elway was HOF whether he won those late SB's or not.  Dilfer isn't getting in.  Flacco isn't.  Brad Johnson negative.  Certainly that's the cherry and it hangs on some people negatively, but there are a handful of super bowl era QBs without one (Marino, Fouts, Moon come to mind immediately).