PHILLY (Loosely Related to The Philadelphia Phillies)

Comments

• Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    edited December 2017
    Merry Christmas you sons of bitches. Would say I hope the Eagles bring you a big old L but they're gonna smoke them 
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    They were sold outta that fucking cheese.
    Plus, it rained like a bastard all night.
    Oh well, had fun anyway.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
    Gonna be a cooooooold New Years Day.  Last year we were out in front in sweatshirts.  Gonna be very different this year.  Nothing a little Jameson can't warm up though.
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,757
    Gonna be a cooooooold New Years Day.  Last year we were out in front in sweatshirts.  Gonna be very different this year.  Nothing a little Jameson can't warm up though.
    I was not going into work today; might even have some snow and ice on the ground come NYD.

Good thing is I'll actually get to break out my new patio heater this year; and looking forward to bringing the little one to 2nd Street, and whether that decision makes me a responsible/degenerate father.
    I was not going into work today; might even have some snow and ice on the ground come NYD.

Good thing is I'll actually get to break out my new patio heater this year; and looking forward to bringing the little one to 2nd Street, and whether that decision makes me a responsible/degenerate father.
    Yeah, I am here today, but not coming in tomorrow.

Well, this would suck...man up. It's New Years Day. It's not supposed to be warm.

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/pennsylvania/philadelphia/freezing-temperatures-may-postpone-philly-mummers-parade-debate-20171228.html
    Just read that -  I'm pretty sure they did this before not that long ago (some point in the last ten years or so). I feel like I remember one year being postponed due to temps, snow, or rain. And it was not the same at all.
    Just read that -  I'm pretty sure they did this before not that long ago (some point in the last ten years or so). I feel like I remember one year being postponed due to temps, snow, or rain. And it was not the same at all.
    The serenades has been postponed over the past few years, but since I have been doing this (2007, I think), NYD has been on NYD.
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,703
    yeah i hate this weather! 
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
    Sources indicate that as of this moment, the parade will go on as planned and the the clubs will vote to go on with NYD. Things could change though.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,139
    Sources indicate that as of this moment, the parade will go on as planned and the the clubs will vote to go on with NYD. Things could change though.
    Please keep us abreast of the situation. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Please keep us abreast of the situation. 
    I will be sure to.  It is indeed an incredibly important topic.
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    Better to not be in Vermont.  This was last night, as I polished off a bottle of vodka with my brother

Let's just fast forward to March. This weather blows.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    Went to Yard's, Evil Genius and Frankford Hall on Sat night. 1st time at Yard's and Frankford Hall, nice places. Almost threw up Sunday morning.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
    You guys see that click baity alt nation website saying there's a rumor of a PJ show at CBP next September? My friend posted the link on Facebook. When reading the article you'll see their source is.........some random guy who posted in the comment section of another article of theirs claiming to have a connection at Live Nation.

That website is utter trash. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
    edited January 2018
    You guys see that click baity alt nation website saying there's a rumor of a PJ show at CBP next September? My friend posted the link on Facebook. When reading the article you'll see their source is.........some random guy who posted in the comment section of another article of theirs claiming to have a connection at Live Nation.

That website is utter trash. 
    I know the site because it always ends up in my Google feed of articles. It is trash, but the guy knows what he's doing - he basically admitted numerous times before that essentially, "hey I got you here didn't I?" I think he's a tech guy who knows how to work/maximize his search results via Google because that's what he's admitted to. And I can't tell you how many times that site has popped up at the top in my Google feed due to PJ-related articles.

That aside, I'm waiting for this fucking show.
    Post edited by Jearlpam0925 on
    I saw there were some CBP rumors pop up in the Tour Rumor thread.  Someone posted today that it sounds like Wells Fargo.  Who knows.  I'll take either.
    Also, David Byrne at the XPN fest. Gonna take a look at his setlists for upcoming shows, but assuming there's Talking Heads, I'm all over that.
    Also, David Byrne at the XPN fest. Gonna take a look at his setlists for upcoming shows, but assuming there's Talking Heads, I'm all over that.

That is awesome. I think War on Drugs is doing that this year too.
    chinese-happy.jpg

Oh crap. Yeah, they are.  I'm going to have to try to pull this one off.  Haven't seen them.

yeah their on the headlining stage.

Someone posted about the CBP shows on facebook, i'll believe it when i see it.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837

Oh crap. Yeah, they are.  I'm going to have to try to pull this one off.  Haven't seen them.
    I already got tix for this.  Been trying to see Sturgill Simpson for a while now and keep missing him.  
    As for PJ playing CBP, it's perfect, PJ and the Phillies - two things I love that annoy the hell out of me.  Stadium shows fucking suck.  Can't wait to hear Vedder lecture me again on how much I'm allowed to drink.  PJ has gotten so lame
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    watched the wrigley blue ray on sunday morning -- pretty terrible
    anyone doing any of the upcoming shows?  Thinking of probably doing Fenway mainly cause it's the cheapest one and I've never been there.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    For sure Seattle's shows and Missoula.  Think I'm skipping Chicago and Boston is still up in the air

I went to original Wrigley show and Fenway 2....would live to see all 7 but not scheduling limits that.
    For sure Seattle's shows and Missoula.  Think I'm skipping Chicago and Boston is still up in the air

I went to original Wrigley show and Fenway 2....would live to see all 7 but not scheduling limits that.
    Yeah would be cool to see them in Seattle. Never been there 
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Been to Seattle about 20 times but not in years and never have seen PJ there.

Yeah would be cool to see them in Seattle. Never been there 
    yeah i went original wrigley as well, missed boston a few years ago (tried for tix but didn't get them).  Seatlle would be awesome but i can't really do that at this time.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    No go for me this year.

Phils jump from 14 to 5 in Keith Law's farm system rankings. Have 6 in his top 100.

Onward. Upward.

chinese-happy.jpg