Options

PHILLY (Loosely Related to The Philadelphia Phillies)

Comments

• Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,312
    Quinn's already hurt again. Dude cannot stay healthy 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,643
    I loved Billy
    He just never lived up to what he could do.  Hopefully he does.  Nice guy.  Spectacular skills.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,492
    Damn it. I was looking to scoop up that Legends 6 Game Plan tonight....appears to have sold out already.
    Whoa! Six whole games! Super fan, for sure.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    Wobbie said:
    Damn it. I was looking to scoop up that Legends 6 Game Plan tonight....appears to have sold out already.
    Did you have me pegged for an 82 a season guy or something? 6 is perfect. One a month. And then some random games sprinkled in. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    First team in MLB history to acquire 3 all stars in one offseason?

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    4 injuries already kind of sucks. Herrera, Hernandez, Quinn & Hunter. Hunter being hurt may actually help though.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,796
    Yeah not a weak bat. He goes gap to gap with the ball. Switch hitter, great range, strong arm, former SS. He's my quintessential centerfielder...if he's healthy. I think he can have a decent ~800 OPS.. if this motherfucker can stay healthy.
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    Harper saying he wanted no no-trade clause and no opt out so he can recruit players to come here and let them know he's not going anywhere.

IT 
    IS
    ALL
    HAPPENING

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    Harper and Trout were in contact throughout the process.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    JK_Livin said:
    Harper and Trout were in contact throughout the process.
    You gotta trust it...
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    "A club source said before this offseason began that the club had enough money to sign both Machado and Harper, but wanted just one of them in order to keep money in reserve for Trout."

https://www.si.com/mlb/2019/03/01/bryce-harper-philadelphia-phillies-contract-scott-boras
  • Options
    satansbedbugssatansbedbugs On Tour Posts: 2,410
    "A club source said before this offseason began that the club had enough money to sign both Machado and Harper, but wanted just one of them in order to keep money in reserve for Trout."

https://www.si.com/mlb/2019/03/01/bryce-harper-philadelphia-phillies-contract-scott-boras
    Being as though we got Harper to sign a 13 year deal and the contract is front end loaded, there is room for Trout.  They sold 100,000 tickets in one afternoon after the BH signing.  If they signed both MT and BH, you wouldnt be able to get in the building.  It truly pays for itself. 

SBB
    *Marker in the Sand Fanclub * HNIC

Philly- 2005, 2013, 2016
    Camden 2000, 2003, 2006, 2008, 2022
    Philly Spectrum 2009 x4 - We closed that MFER Down Proper
    DC- 2006, 2008
    New York- 2008, 2010
    Boston - Fenway 2016
    New Jersey- 2006
    Chicago - 2007
    Seattle- 2005
    EV Solo- DC x2, Baltimore x2 , Newark NJ x2,  Tower Theater x2 

- Given To Fly
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,603
    Ticket revenue is like .00002% of overall revenue. It is obviously a sign of higher revenue in general but ticket sales are the least of their worries, hence why half of baseball is content not signing players 
  • Options
    Juuugs. You better hope your boys site is as wrong as they were about trump

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/bryce-harper-may-already-be-past-his-prime/
  • Options

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/bryce-harper-may-already-be-past-his-prime/
    How were they wrong about Trump?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

Trump won
  • Options

Trump won
    ?
    Are you saying they said he couldnt?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,643
  • Options
    I get it.  I think it was more that he touted himself as not having been wrong to that point....if I remember correctly.

Everyone is wrong at some point.  I was just sharing what I remembered based on Cliffys post.

I wish he would have been correct, even though I voted for that pothead from NM

• Options
    edited March 2019

Trump won
    ?

You sound  like Nate silver. Of course he said it could happen. He also underestimated and was very confident in Hillary. He was wrong. He wen from basically predicting every state correctly for Obama to being completely wrong, no?

Point being, 538 thought Hilliary was going to win and they thin Harper is past his prime. Just sayin you better hope they’re wrong.

The judge stuff brings a tear to my eye, but I don’t doubt it
  • Options
    And I gotta start trolling at some point right? 

Was harper the third best player on an 82 win team last year? I mean, it’s a fact that he was, right?
  • Options
    Harper is a hot and cold player.  He is still a great sign
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,936
    edited March 2019
    Post edited by eeriepadave on
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,492
    Wobbie said:
    Did you have me pegged for an 82 a season guy or something? 6 is perfect. One a month. And then some random games sprinkled in. 
    Yeah, I thought you were a bit more than a once a month guy. A bit more than a paper tiger,
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options

Trump won
    ?

You sound  like Nate silver. Of course he said it could happen. He also underestimated and was very confident in Hillary. He was wrong. He wen from basically predicting every state correctly for Obama to being completely wrong, no?

Point being, 538 thought Hilliary was going to win and they thin Harper is past his prime. Just sayin you better hope they’re wrong.

The point is he was more accurate than any other outlet in the country at predicting the outcome. Nobody in their right mid would’ve given him more than a 50% chance to win. They were all working with the same data.  Hell, even Trump didn’t expect to win. 

But, yeah, I doubt he’ll ever be able to duplicate what he did in his MVP year, so technically that’s his peak. That’s fine. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Harper is a hot and cold player.  He is still a great sign
    I love the signing 
  • Options

Trump won
    ?

The point is he was more accurate than any other outlet in the country at predicting the outcome. Nobody in their right mid would’ve given him more than a 50% chance to win. They were all working with the same data.  Hell, even Trump didn’t expect to win. 

But, yeah, I doubt he’ll ever be able to duplicate what he did in his MVP year, so technically that’s his peak. That’s fine. 
    I get that but his tone over and over and over was hilliary is going to win, but of course this chance does happen, but don’t worry, Hillary is going to win.

fair
  • Options
    edited March 2019

Trump won
    ?

I get that but his tone over and over and over was hilliary is going to win, but of course this chance does happen, but don’t worry, Hillary is going to win.

fair
    I always thought he urged more caution than others. Also, if it weren’t for Comey, she likely would’ve won anyway. Nobody could’ve predicted such an enormous variable being thrown into the mix at the last minute. 
    https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/election-update-dont-ignore-the-polls-clinton-leads-but-its-a-close-race/
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Haven't been so excited to watch guys sitting at a table ever.