PHILLY (Loosely Related to The Philadelphia Phillies)

Comments

• The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    igotid88 said:
    You guys got Carlos Santana and Rob Thomson (close enough to Thomas)
    I hear they are interested in Michelle Branch as bullpen coach.
    chinese-happy.jpg
    edited December 2017
    Duffy, Archer, and Stroman are the names the Phils have been tied to. They have the prospects and now the major league chips to pull something off.

As good as Sixto can be, if it came down to him or Kingery, I’d prefer to keep Kingery. Still a couple more years for Sixto to blow  his arm out or something
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    Do yourselves all a favor, get your ass to the Christmas village and get this melted cheese deliciousness sandwich. The tits

• F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    Interesting
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
    Interesting
    Here's the whole thing. It's so good

• Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,757
    That's the raclette or something right? Yeah we're hitting that up this week - taking the wee one to meet Santa at Macy's and all that fun shit.
    That's the raclette or something right? Yeah we're hitting that up this week - taking the wee one to meet Santa at Macy's and all that fun shit.
    Yes, indeed. Get after it. The set up is super annoying and it takes a while. You gotta pay and put your name/order in on the left then the guy on the right makes it. Took a while, but well worth it. Get a spiced wine while you wait 
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    Wow that looks amazing
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    Interesting
    Here's the whole thing. It's so good

Heading there Friday.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
    how long did it take everyone to get home from work today?  roads were pretty bad near me.
    I know this is late but it normally takes me 35-45 minutes to get home and it took 1:45 From NE Philly to Mount laurel.
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
    edited December 2017
    @philliesonfb is a fantastic follow. It’s just out of context, verbatim comments from real people’s posts on random Phillies articles on Facebook. Cracks me up every time I read it 

Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
    This is good stuff here on the Philly food scene. Pretty entirely about the Zahav empire, but fun nonetheless. 

https://www.theringer.com/2017/12/20/16800610/the-philly-food-tour-with-chris-ryan
    This is good stuff here on the Philly food scene. Pretty entirely about the Zahav empire, but fun nonetheless. 

https://www.theringer.com/2017/12/20/16800610/the-philly-food-tour-with-chris-ryan
    I've been trying to figure out whether I like Chris Ryan and Andy Greenwald for a long time now. And I've come to the conclusion that Andy is alright and I can't stand Chris Ryan.

And I have decided Michael Solomonov ....not my kinda guy - very punchable face, comes off an incredibly arrogant pretentious prick.

Juggs - 

That FB page reminds me of the philly.comments.com page, which I cannot find the exact url for right now.

AH - found it: http://phillydotcomments.tumblr.com/

In Phillies news - so Longoria traded....Archer is next damnit!
    edited December 2017

I've been trying to figure out whether I like Chris Ryan and Andy Greenwald for a long time now. And I've come to the conclusion that Andy is alright and I can't stand Chris Ryan.

And I have decided Michael Solomonov ....not my kinda guy - very punchable face, comes off an incredibly arrogant pretentious prick.

Juggs - 

That FB page reminds me of the philly.comments.com page, which I cannot find the exact url for right now.

HA. I don't listen to enough of Greenwald or Ryan to have too much of an opinion.   Don't listen to the watch all that often.  I can see not liking either though.

I am down with Solomonov. I think he's a legit dude.

I thought Longoria could have been a target for the Phillies, though the last few years of that contract could be rough. Very reasonable price though.
    I think him, Vetri, and Starr hog wayyyy to much of the spotlight here.

Plus, the whole ohhh I was a heroin addict, let me look very throughtful - fuck outta here, make me delicious food and piss off.

East Passyunk leading the way with 13 of the 50 restaurants on Philly Mag's listacle. Let's go, Ryan, fuck Fishtown.

Juggs - 

Yeah it is similar...only this is updated regularly. So funny
    chinese-happy.jpg
    I think him, Vetri, and Starr hog wayyyy to much of the spotlight here.

Plus, the whole ohhh I was a heroin addict, let me look very throughtful - fuck outta here, make me delicious food and piss off.

East Passyunk leading the way with 13 of the 50 restaurants on Philly Mag's listacle. Let's go, Ryan, fuck Fishtown.
    Starr is what he is, but I don't think we would have nearly the quality of food options here if it weren't for Starr, Vetri or Solomonov.  They get the spotlight because they are successful empires.

Probably unnecessary, but he has an interesting story, especially with his brother.

Ha, well I would take your hood over Fishtown in terms of restaurants. Ryan doesn't know a ton and he did admit that for the most part.  That said, this is the worst thing foobooz has produced

http://www.phillymag.com/foobooz/2017/06/21/chain-wine-bar-mean-end-cool-east-passyunk-avenue/
    Empires, sure, but I definitely do not think they define what Philly is as a cultural/culinary/food scene. Again, I think they hog way too much of the spotlight.

A bad article it is - but the overall message I kinda agree with. But the place is ok, I like the outdoor seating area and what they did with that space. But once was enough. And nothing stays the same. Or as good as it once was in one way or another I'm sure the area - among many other areas - will not, and won't, stay the same.
    Empires, sure, but I definitely do not think they define what Philly is as a cultural/culinary/food scene. Again, I think they hog way too much of the spotlight.

A bad article it is - but the overall message I kinda agree with. But the place is ok, I like the outdoor seating area and what they did with that space. But once was enough. And nothing stays the same. Or as good as it once was in one way or another I'm sure the area - among many other areas - will not, and won't, stay the same.
    I mean, it is pretty amazing that Zahav, an Israeli restaurant is largely know as the best in this city.  It is also incredibly good.  Also, Federal Donuts is the tits and Diezgenoff is phenomenal.  Credit where credit is due.  His places are awesome.  Vetri and Starr spots are old and expensive but good.  A Carlos Santana, if you will.

Nah, fuck that.  I haven't been but it is not a chain chain.  It's not like it's an Applebees.  It's like a Federal Donuts expanding to another city.  Screw that guy.
    I wanted to throat punch both of the dudes talking on that after a while.  Did make me want to go drink 10 beers right now and make it to Federal Donuts before they close for a pig out.
    Why wouldn't that place be open late?  Chicken & Waffles are for hangover mornings.  Donuts and Waffles are for munching late night.  Much better than a fucking ham & chee croissant and a maple glaze before passing out.
    edited December 2017
    Love those places,  especially Zahav, but these jackasses summed up Philly with Solomonov. Again - fuck. outta. here.

I was gonna go on a rant on your Barcelona Wine take, Cliff, but first thing this morning I saw a some dude  at Broad & Walnut call the guy handing out the Metro a n*gger this morning, so that was fun, and I realized...first world problems. Be human to each other, people - look everyone in the eyes when they address you, whether you like what they say or not.

ANYWAY, I'll give props to Ryan for stating the roast pork sandwich should at least get the same exposure as the cheesesteak.
    Post edited by Jearlpam0925 on
    Roast Pork > Cheesesteak. 
    It can't be said enough....

I would never have thought that until I moved to the region of the cheesesteak and realized -- holy shit, these roast pork sammies smoke anything almost out there. 
    Especially Tony Lukes.  I dont know if I will ever eat a steak from TL's again -- the pork is 2x as good.
    DiNic's?  Mother of god.

Dinics----fine, I'm stopping there on the way home tonight. Thanks guys.
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Your waistline thanks us.
    Merry Christmas everyone. I may not be logging in over the weekend.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,710
    JK_Livin said:
    Merry Christmas everyone. I may not be logging in over the weekend.
    you too, Happy Holidays!
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
    Your waistline thanks us.

My dog ate half of my sandwich. Man I was pissed!

Merry Christmas everyone.

chinese-happy.jpg
    edited December 2017
    So they definitely want Archer (from an article posted last night/today(?) on Middleton to philly.com - "“What Tampa’s asking for Archer or what the Pirates are asking for Cole, I don’t want to say it’s extortion, but it’s an arm and a leg,” he said. “So Matt looks at us and says, ‘I’ve got a deal over here, and it’s a bad deal. I think if I tweaked it this way, it would be a good deal. I’d be willing to do this deal, not their deal.’ And if he can get our deal, he’ll do it. And if he can’t, he’ll come to us and say, ‘I don’t want to do it.’”"

Go Middleton. Make it happen.

Merry Christmas, ya filthy animals.
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,710
    So they definitely want Archer (from an article posted last night/today(?) on Middleton to philly.com - "“What Tampa’s asking for Archer or what the Pirates are asking for Cole, I don’t want to say it’s extortion, but it’s an arm and a leg,” he said. “So Matt looks at us and says, ‘I’ve got a deal over here, and it’s a bad deal. I think if I tweaked it this way, it would be a good deal. I’d be willing to do this deal, not their deal.’ And if he can get our deal, he’ll do it. And if he can’t, he’ll come to us and say, ‘I don’t want to do it.’”"

Go Middleton. Make it happen.

Merry Christmas, ya filthy animals.
    Image result for archer
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
    Merry Christmas ya bastages.

Thinking about Christmas Village cheese Sammy today.  Yum.